GUILTY IN - Jamie Garnett, 34, stabbed to death, Gary, 13 Feb 2017 *15 yo daughter Arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just read sbout the arrest. Unfortunately, I was afraid this was coming. Another young life thrown away.

Bleh I knew it...so incredibly sad. What a waste of both their lives. Leaving her poor little sister motherless at 4!!!!! Over what, a boy? Makes me sick
Damn. I was hoping that was not the case.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

I don't know anything about this relationship , between mom and daughter. But one thing I have noted in other cases, where a daughter tragically kills her mom, they usually have a very 'close' bond. They are not usually estranged or distant. If so, she would just walk away, and not bother with killing her Mom.

I will have to go back to look at names because I cant remember any now, but I do remember how sad it was to see pix of the moms/girls smiling and doing things together---before the murder. :cry:

I'm interested in why the prosecutors want to try her in adult court.

I'm also really shocked by the cause of Jamie's death. Being stabbed by her daughter?? Something about that is pretty jarring to me. :/

jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know anything about this relationship , between mom and daughter. But one thing I have noted in other cases, where a daughter tragically kills her mom, they usually have a very 'close' bond. They are not usually estranged or distant. If so, she would just walk away, and not bother with killing her Mom.

I will have to go back to look at names because I cant remember any now, but I do remember how sad it was to see pix of the moms/girls smiling and doing things together---before the murder. :cry:

My son and I are very close and we fight all.the.time. I can see that

It happened here.... a daughter stabbed her mom 11 times I think it was because her mom didn't approve of the boyfriend. She called it in like she found her mom dead. The girl was 16 or 17. Was very gruesome for any area but for here , unheard of! Nice neighborhood, nice family. Heartbreaking

Can we post JM's Facebook now that the thread name has been changed?

Reeves’ trial is set for Jan. 22, 2019 with a pretrial conference before then on Dec. 18, 2018.

Two other teens, Matthew Martin, 17, and Virgil King, 18, were also charged as adults with assisting a criminal in connection with the Reeves case.

Martin is scheduled to appear in court again Nov. 6.

King has a hearing Oct. 22.

January trial set for Gary teen accused of killing mother

Reeves’ trial set for Jan. 22, 2019 has been adjourned, as attorneys deal with more discovery in the case.

Reeves is now scheduled for a further proceedings hearing Jan. 22 on the day her trial was set to begin.

King and Martin are each scheduled to appear in court again Feb. 5.

Trial postponed for girl, 17, charged with mother's murder

A 17-year-old girl, who prosecutors said stabbed her mother more than 60 times, pleaded guilty Tuesday to murder... Rather than going to trial, Reeves decided to take a plea deal in which she agreed to plead guilty to murder and be sentenced to 45 years in prison, “with no alternative placement.” Reeves’ sentence is at the low end for a murder charge, which ranges from 45 to 65 years, with an advisory sentence of 55 years in prison, according to the deal. Reeves will be 62 years old at the end of a 45-year sentence. The deal states, though, that Reeves will receive one day of credit for every three days served.
Teen pleads guilty to murder in Gary death of mother stabbed more than 60 times in 2017

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back