IN IN - Janna Rivera, 3 mos, Indianapolis, 29 May 2015 *J. Fairbanks guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i hate it when drunk parents smother their babies and blame it on co-sleeping. my kid slept with us for 4 years and not once was there a time where smothering him was possible.

/rant off.

i hate it when drunk parents smother their babies and blame it on co-sleeping. my kid slept with us for 4 years and not once was there a time where smothering him was possible.

/rant off.
These losers always come up with an excuse. I foster kittens that are too young/small to be put up for adoption yet. Many times they sleep with me and all my own critters. I've never had children of my own, and move around a fair amount in my sleep, but I've never even come close to rolling on top of one of them. There's something that wakes me up enough (maybe a motherly instict) so that I move all lumps on the bed away from me before I change position. Still, I'm always wary and usually put them in their own area when I start getting sleepy.

Every day it seems like there is just another excuse. This is appalling.

I remember a case awhile back (I don't remember the name) of a parent smothering their baby because they were "crashing" after using drugs. I agree something is not right about this case.

/rant off.

Sorry- but as a pediatric critical care nurse, one does not have to be intoxicated to accidentally kill a child while co-sleeping. All you have to be is exhausted - easy enough with a new parent. Sleeping with a 2 year old? Totally different.

It is a 100% preventable cause of infant death. I see it too damned much- and it makes me angry.

Sorry- but as a pediatric critical care nurse, one does not have to be intoxicated to accidentally kill a child while co-sleeping. All you have to be is exhausted - easy enough with a new parent. Sleeping with a 2 year old? Totally different.

It is a 100% preventable cause of infant death. I see it too damned much- and it makes me angry.

So IF they are able to find this baby, would an autopsy show if the "suffocation" happened as a result of co-sleeping or as intentional murder? This is what bothers me. It sounds like he is setting up his defense in case they find her.

I honestly hope she is with someone who loves and cares for her and this is all a cruel joke.

So IF they are able to find this baby, would an autopsy show if the "suffocation" happened as a result of co-sleeping or as intentional murder? This is what bothers me. It sounds like he is setting up his defense in case they find her.

I honestly hope she is with someone who loves and cares for her and this is all a cruel joke.

I don't know the answer if suffocation was accidental v deliberate. I hope they do find Janna.
My guess, it wasn't an accident. You don't hide the body if they died accidentally.
Why won't he say where she is? Maybe because there will be evidence this was no accident.

I agree but at the same time when co-sleeping deaths happen that we hear of, there is usually a mitigating circumstance like drugs or alcohol. More parents safely co-sleep than children die as a result of it.

I agree but at the same time when co-sleeping deaths happen that we hear of, there is usually a mitigating circumstance like drugs or alcohol. More parents safely co-sleep than children die as a result of it.

Well honestly, only the drug/alcohol cases generally make the news. HOWEVER- even if it is a 1:100,000,000 chance- the child ends up 100% dead. Again - 100% PREVENTABLE cause of death.

And each and every one of the grieving parents thought "It would never happen to me."

I agree with meanmaryjean,it can happen accidentally to anyone not just someone on drugs and alcohol.I have a feeling that he is waiting for decomp.to take place that is why he has told different locations for her body.Forensics will not be able to give a cod.
And maryjean you do not seem to be so mean.

I don't know the answer if suffocation was accidental v deliberate. I hope they do find Janna.
My guess, it wasn't an accident. You don't hide the body if they died accidentally.
Why won't he say where she is? Maybe because there will be evidence this was no accident.

IMO there is no way this was accidental.
If it was they would have said where this beautiful little one is.

Police now believe baby Janna Rivera died in a co-sleeping incident, multiple sources tell RTV6.

Investigators say the 3-month-old's father Jeffrey Fairbanks rolled over onto the infant while sleeping – smothering and ultimately killing the child.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/source-baby-janna-died-in-co-sleeping-incident

The source says he passed a polygraph, so IMO he's either telling a half-truth or he's an outright sociopath. :mad:

Something really, really stinks here.

Maybe he is being truthful.
he took a poly...to me that's huge..that he actually said yes to one. and he passed..
so why wont he say where she is?

Maybe he is being truthful.
he took a poly...to me that's huge..that he actually said yes to one. and he passed..
so why wont he say where she is?

Waiting for decomp.so cod is not apparent

perfectingpink, this one's for you... ;)
Missing baby's father speaks out against critics who call him "a monster"
7979755_G.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper