IN - Kardie Weathersby, 3, dropped off at hospital, blunt force, South Bend, 15 Oct 2020 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardenkeep

Former Member
Reaction score
On Tuesday, October 13, a 3yr old child later identified as Kardie Rose Weathersby was brought to the Memorial Hospital ER about 1 am by an unidentified person. She was suffering from severe injuries, and not breathing. Very soon after the child was identified (within 10 minutes of notification), it is reported that the mother was on her way to the hospital. The ER staff was able to revive Kardie. Unfortunately, on Thursday, October 15th, Kardie succumbed to her injuries. An autopsy was scheduled and performed in Wayne County on Monday, Oct. 19th. It was determined that Kardie's death was a homicide, caused by blunt force trauma.

The person who left Kardie was captured on video leaving the parking garage in a blue van but the direction of the van is unknown, and the person remains unidentified as of this posting.

As of now, there have been no arrests; citing this is an active and ongoing investigation. Authorities have asked the public for help by calling with any tips or information to CMHU at 574-235-5009 or Crime Stoppers at 574-288-STOP.

Sources:
Developing Story: DEVELOPING: Mystery person drops off injured tot girl at ER days before she dies [Report]
Death Announced:
Injured toddler brought to hospital on Tuesday has died
Autopsy results:
Autopsy reveals 3-year-old dropped off at hospital died of blunt force trauma
Additional Releases with Details:
Metro Homicide: Child dropped off with severe injuries at local hospital has died
Indiana toddler dies after being left at hospital with severe injuries, authorities say

Thanks for the new thread, @Gardenkeep -- it's another sad and maddening one, of course. At least she was brought to a hospital and not thrown away, as we have seen in other cases.
I feel sorry for the anguish the ER staff had to endure, knowing that this little girl was probably not going to survive. That would be a hard burden to carry as they left the ER those several days.
Hoping to hear more details soon -- is the driver of the van a hero or a prime suspect?

The unidentified person I feel is at this point just a person of interest, and not necessarily a suspect. Although, I wish there were more to go on. There are the little things in what scarce information that has been released that raise all sorts of questions in my mind. I'm more interested in keeping Kardie's voice alive at this point. I want to see justice for this innocent child. Just seems that her story isn't being given enough support to be sure justice is served. That, and the LE are asking for the public's help in terms of information or tips. I haven't searched for updates yet, but if I have any, I will be posting them. Let's help Kardie find justice.

Thanks, @Gardenkeep -- are you near the area where this little girl died?
I just checked MSM again, from here in NC (not so close to the area, of course), and I didn't find anything new or anything more than what I saw yesterday when I checked.

Is South Bend considered a "safe" city? I know that the University of Notre Dame is very close to South Bend, but I've never been up is that area of the country. It's a decent-sized city -- a bit over 100,000 population, and the hospital to which little Kardie was "dropped off" sounds like a major hospital, so I assume she got top-notch care. Anyway, she's away from all the awfulness that she suffered.
Hoping to hear some news soon about justice for her and for those who truly loved her. Another beautiful angel.

What an absolutely precious little girl. It's obvious she is loved and well taken care of.

For privacy sake mom is anonymous, but it is mentioned she is an essential worker.

RIP beautiful little doll. Hoping they catch whoever hurt this baby. Praying for mom. Unimaginable.

We are too familiar with this story and it just never stops
JMO
ETA
Obituary for Kardie Rose Weathersby | Rawls Mortuary

Kardie Rose Weathersby
March 8, 2017 ~ October 15, 2020 (age 3)

3-year-old dropped off at Memorial Hospital dies

Autopsy finds South Bend girl, 3, died of blunt-force injuries
Snipped

South Bend Tribune report
Oct 20, 2020

Police have so far made no arrests in Kardie's death, according to Tuesday's news release from the prosecutor's office. Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the St. Joseph County Metro Homicide Unit at 574-235-5009 or Crime Stoppers at 574-288-STOP.

Last edited:
Thanks, @Gardenkeep -- are you near the area where this little girl died?
I just checked MSM again, from here in NC (not so close to the area, of course), and I didn't find anything new or anything more than what I saw yesterday when I checked.

Is South Bend considered a "safe" city? I know that the University of Notre Dame is very close to South Bend, but I've never been up is that area of the country. It's a decent-sized city -- a bit over 100,000 population, and the hospital to which little Kardie was "dropped off" sounds like a major hospital, so I assume she got top-notch care. Anyway, she's away from all the awfulness that she suffered.
Hoping to hear some news soon about justice for her and for those who truly loved her. Another beautiful angel.
No, I'm in NY. I came across the story, and then the details caught my eye. I saw a photo, and then Kardie caught my heart. It's "one of those".

No, I'm in NY. I came across the story, and then the details caught my eye. I saw a photo, and then Kardie caught my heart. It's "one of those".
Same here -- we see so many of these (too damm many), but some grab me tighter than others. She is for me, too, "one of those." Beautiful perfect child. And she always will be.

In a Tik Tok video mom and Kardie are dancing to Mary J Blige's "Just Fine". At the end this smiling, sweet, baby girl is in mom's arms with a smile that could light up the world.

Wasn't sure if I could post the nickname mom goes by.

Senseless, sad, despicable this child is gone.

Detectives and family believe it is bio dad that ER tossed baby Kardie. Friends put out FB posts asking to his whereabouts.

He has been arrested on some 2019 charge, but we can't name him as he has not been charged in baby girl's murder.

(Sigh)

In a Tik Tok video mom and Kardie are dancing to Mary J Blige's "Just Fine". At the end this smiling, sweet, baby girl is in mom's arms with a smile that could light up the world.

Wasn't sure if I could post the nickname mom goes by.

Senseless, sad, despicable this child is gone.
Interesting information if you look at Suffer the Little Children blog.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CWM227
Back