IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
10-11 days is a long time...Imo, she is probably only alive if she left on her own, alone or with someone else (most likely with, or to meet someone else, unless she had cash saved up.) Not many abductors will keep an adult of her age captive for this long, unless it was someone she knows, maybe.

Really, I have no idea what to think about this case. I do not really think this is a suicidal/depressed case, but of course we seldom know in these cases until the person is found. And often their own families have no idea. But I think there would have had to be a severe trigger that night, if so. I do think she may have gone back to try to get her phone. If she thought she was being followed, could she had sped up and keep going and then gone off the road, much further than LE might think?

A few years ago Naomi Arnez (I think was her name) went missing from Il. Tim Miller found her body within couple hrs of searching. Her husband posted on old court tv board right up until they hauled him away for her murder. That was so creepy. If there is a perp he is following and probably going on searches if he is a local.

At this point, I think it is pretty safe to say that this woman didn't just run off on a whim. She most certainly would have made contact with her parents or kids by now. So many people have been searching for her, and have found nothing, leading me to rule out the accident scenario. That leaves either a suicide or an abduction. At that hour of the morning, with a bar parking lot being one of the prime locations, I am now leaning towards an abduction more so than a suicide.

Even if she did return for her phone, she may have encountered someone lurking in the parking lot, and was unable to get back in the building. It's possible that even two or more individuals could be involved. One perp could have commandeered her car, with the other one following behind.

Two individuals working as a team could have easily made this woman disappear before daylight. They would have had approx. 4 to 4 1/2 hours of darkness.

I think the search area needs to be broadened to at least 2 or 3 counties in each direction. Missing posters and flyers, especially those with pictures of her vehicle and license number, need to be distributed at least 50 miles from the town she lived in.

It may well be a local that grabbed her, but with help from someone else and to distance themselves from the crime, she may have been driven many many miles before both she and her SUV were dumped somewhere.

If she had went immediately (within 20 minutes of leaving) to go back and get her phone, wouldn't the "cleaning guy" still be there? I wonder if he saw or talked to her? And if he did speak to her, why didn't he give her the phone back.

I don't recall when LE said her phone was located....or did they say it was found the next day?

Wonder what thats about in the comments under the please keep looking post on find Kristy about looking for someone from CA?

Wonder what thats about in the comments under the please keep looking post on find Kristy about looking for someone from CA?

Someone posted a news article that had a police sketch of a man who tried to abduct/assault a girl in broad daylight. It said Fairfield and someone assumed Fairfield, IL which is where Megan Nichols is from (16 year old who is missing but she left a note so they're assuming runaway). It was actually Fairfield, CA.

Sheesh. The "Fairfield guy" rumor is already taking off. They need to delete those fb comments quick so people don't get confused.

Local news did just report a murder/suicide in Warrick County though. The link doesn't work so I don't know the story yet.

Someone posted a news article that had a police sketch of a man who tried to abduct/assault a girl in broad daylight. It said Fairfield and someone assumed Fairfield, IL which is where Megan Nichols is from (16 year old who is missing but she left a note so they're assuming runaway). It was actually Fairfield, CA.
Megan Nichols is from Fairfield, Illinois. Fairfield is a little over an hour from Boonville, Indiana. Just incase anyone is curious about the distance. I don't think they are related though.

right

but i think the poster was implying that there was a sketch of a man from fairfield, CA that tried to abduct a girl in broad daylight in CA that was posted on facebook for MN and/or Kristy?

meaning...people in IL or IN may think this is the guy they are looking for in IL and/or IN

oh, my......so confusing

must be bedtime, lol

Yes, someone from here in Illinois (friend of mine actually, lol) posted the article. I quickly pointed out it was Fairfield, CA, but a few others have posted it as well. Thankfully every one I've seen has been corrected very quickly.

I just saw the local news report about the murder/suicide. It happened in Newburgh, not Boonville. Sounds like a domestic dispute that got out of hand.

There are a few cemeteries in Warrick County that are in the country.My sister is into genealogy and we went to alot of them this summer. Some are way back in the boonies. I wonder if those have been checked?

If she had went immediately (within 20 minutes of leaving) to go back and get her phone, wouldn't the "cleaning guy" still be there? I wonder if he saw or talked to her? And if he did speak to her, why didn't he give her the phone back.

I don't recall when LE said her phone was located....or did they say it was found the next day?

The cleaning guy came across the phone that evening while doing his job. They didn't know who it belonged to, so they just stored it somewhere figuring the person that left it would be back the next day to get it. After word got around that Kristy had missed work and her parents were searching for her, the people at the bar contacted her folks and the issue of the phone came to light. It was indeed her phone, and it was turned over to her parents the day after she vanished.

The cleaning guy came across the phone that evening while doing his job. They didn't know who it belonged to, so they just stored it somewhere figuring the person that left it would be back the next day to get it. After word got around that Kristy had missed work and her parents were searching for her, the people at the bar contacted her folks and the issue of the phone came to light. It was indeed her phone, and it was turned over to her parents the day after she vanished.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member