IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess being born in this area I didnt think about others not realizing what a stripper pit was.:) I just want to say watch the sky too.look for buzzards flying around circling an area.

I thought of that earlier regarding the buzzards when I saw a single one flying in the air above my subdivision today. I think that's what it was. Wish I had an ATV so I could help search.

I thought of that earlier regarding the buzzards when I saw a single one flying in the air above my subdivision today. I think that's what it was. Wish I had an ATV so I could help search.

That's crossed my mind when I've been out searching too. I've noticed some at different times.

Warning: OT bigtime...

True fact (Gawd, facts are always "true," you goofball!):

My hubby (fiance at the time) and I were traveling and looking for a place to eat, and I said: "Oh, that Hooters place looks good!" He looked at me like I had lost my mind but said: "Are you SURE??" I thought the owl logo looked cute...I had NO IDEA. I mean, get real!:rotfl:

Later (after we ate and left...I am waaaay too polite), my fiance was given the riot act...because, seriously, would I really suggest that if I had a CLUE????? He turned out to be a gem of a husband...but still, what was he thinking???!!!!

He's paid for that with countless stories to relatives and friends.
I bout got hubby and I in a mess once.We was taking disco lessons(I was young then.) We went to eat after class with the instructor and his wife. She asked did we swing. I said yes :) thinking dance. Hubby kicked me under the table and said no. when we left he yelled do you know what you bout got us into.

I bout got hubby and I in a mess once.We was taking disco lessons(I was young then.) We went to eat after class with the instructor and his wife. She asked did we swing. I said yes :) thinking dance. Hubby kicked me under the table and said no. when we left he yelled do you know what you bout got us into.

:facepalm:

:loveyou: share the love, LOL

thanks for the laugh!

Same. :) Very sheltered.
Does that thing move down the road like a giant piece of farm equipment? I'm trying to imagine!

Girl, that thing will probably be in the Labor Day parade on Monday... along with the 153573 Allis Chalmers tractors, Bow Fishing Boats being pulled by ATVs, and random teenagers throwing candy from dirt bikes. Yeehaw!

:happydance:

Same. :) Very sheltered.
Does that thing move down the road like a giant piece of farm equipment? I'm trying to imagine!
The mine trucks drive around, they have tires as big a single story home. They look like enormous Tonka trucks. The have to stop for automobiles. It's amazing when you come up on one.

Check out the comments on Find Kristy page folks.Under warrick county awareness benefit.

Girl, that thing will probably be in the Labor Day parade on Monday... along with the 153573 Allis Chalmers tractors, Bow Fishing Boats being pulled by ATVs, and random teenagers throwing candy from dirt bikes. Yeehaw!

:happydance:

Haha so true!

I am from Southern Indiana and have heard of the strip mines my entire life. I had seen the stripper pits and old strip mines after they have been reclaimed by nature. Somehow I never saw an active strip mine in person until I was in my mid 20's. When I saw it my brain had trouble comprehending what I was looking at. It takes a lot to shock me, but I was speechless. I had never seen such HUGE machinery. And this HUGE machinery was down in a massive deep HUGE crater in the middle of nowhere. I could be exaggerating the memory in my mind, but I remember this hole being big enough to swallow up several shopping malls. I am not sure if all the strip mine pits are that massive.

I got to get really close because I was with someone that was in charge of making sure the miners did not destroy an old cemetery located at the edge of the mine. It totally blew my mind.

There are a couple older local cold missing person cases that I can think of that the theory is that the person and their car is in a stripper pit. One that comes to mind is Debra Wilhite. Debra and her car have been missing without a trace since 1974.

This is the 2nd group now that I know of theres been drama. Its not with the searchers showing up on their own.

Which FB page?

Looks like most of it got taken down already. It appears the people over at Warrick County Awareness and the people over at Find Kristy Kelley aren't quite meeting eye to eye. The tacky bit was Warrick County Awareness was planning to hold a fundraising event called "Bring Them Home" at the VFW. I guess someone thought better of it and decided that having at the VFW was not the best idea.

It's a shame, because really, they are all arguing over trying to find a missing girl. That makes no sense to me. I'm sure everyone is exhausted and on edge.

The mine trucks drive around, they have tires as big a single story home. They look like enormous Tonka trucks. The have to stop for automobiles. It's amazing when you come up on one.

I believe you... but it's still un-freakin' believable :)

Looks like most of it got taken down already. It appears the people over at Warrick County Awareness and the people over at Find Kristy Kelley aren't quite meeting eye to eye. The tacky bit was Warrick County Awareness was planning to hold a fundraising event called "Bring Them Home" at the VFW. I guess someone thought better of it and decided that having at the VFW was not the best idea.

It's a shame, because really, they are all arguing over trying to find a missing girl. That makes no sense to me. I'm sure everyone is exhausted and on edge.

Happens in every case. Pretty soon, it will be only for prayers...jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member