IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty common to do the "selfie/bff" kinda pics anymore, especially among the younger set. No worries, I'm out of touch too lol. I just happen to have younger cousins that post 1000 pics of themselves out each weekend.

I've heard (again from 2 reliable sources) that KK had mentioned texting the 3 men she was "talking to" (dating?) And whoever responded first was the one she was going to hang out with. I'm going to assume, if this was true, that LE has already contacted these men.

Also, someone asked about dating around was an insult in a small community. It's not an insult per se, but it has potential to get you an unwanted reputation.

That being said, I dint know KK personally and it's definitely not my intention to flame her character. I'm only passing on info that I know in hopes it helps/provides insight that may help someone piece something together.

Can we assume the reliable sources have told LE everything they know (I hope)? Yes, you think or know?

And, if KK had three potential bf's, did any of them show up? How many; one, two or all three? Then what would Kristy do? Awkward!
All this and plus she was also flirting with the man who was considered part of her friend couple? Well, no wonder, if none of the three showed up to see her. Couldn't her friends be more understanding? :crazy:

Really though, if someone did show up to specifically spend time with Kristy, several people would be able to identify who that man is (or men) and tell LE. If none of the men showed up but info about them is on KK's phone, LE would determine if they had been invited to show up to make sure one of them didn't wait for her, with bad intentions, to exit the VFW (even if they never entered the VFW).

Also Kristy could have been a little tipsy and was goofing around saying silly things. I'd have to know her and hear for myself how she presented her three bfs story. And why would that cause a fight with her friends? Which story is true? She was waiting for a potential bf to show or was flirting with a guy already in the bar (who was a male friend but part of a couple)?

People can make stories up as well.

as I understand, the other couple left before KK and she was waiting for the bartender to get off...and they were going to go to SSbar. Was the bartender supposed to ride with KK or something? Or lead/follow?
If she was going to follow, then how did the bartender get home?
Did the bartender actually wind up going on to SSbar anyway?
Has anyone ever admitted to saying they tried to call or text KK to see where she went?

The only info I read is that Kristy told the couple (her friends) she would meet them at SS. The earliest news is they went ahead without her because she had to use the restroom. Later, the info that she hung around the bar visiting with the bartender (also a friend) was circling.
To me the two reports conflict. Either KK planned to leave soon after the couple left or she had no intentions of going to SS. Because why would she linger for up to an hour (without alerting the couple) after telling them she'd be along shortly? In that case, someone should text someone either way. Maybe they did.

But, if she was in trouble for flirting with the guy, why would they welcome her to follow her to SS? Makes no sense. It makes sense KK would visit with the bartender after that episode though.

Your Snipped says 9 hours ago. So, up until then, the community did not know this. It is my hope that people understand that the parents, understandably so, plead for help from the community. The community is literally praying and physically working their hearts out to find Kristy. Knowing that there is a SAR entity helping would be very spirit-lifting. There is no reason to have kept that a secret. ???

I am glad they are here. Kristy deserves every possible resource brought in to find her.

Maybe it's just me, but when I think of drinking at a VFW bar (whatever that is), I don't foresee the nicest of clientele. JMO.

So many of my friends talk to guys on dating sites and meet them, to me it seems dangerous, one just encountered a guy who sent her very obscene pictures of himself, so some of these guys on dating sites are not good dating material. She said he looked respectable, dressed in a nice suit, handsome, but a little scary.

Is that Senator at it again? lol, sort of.

How uplifting that would have been to the community if they had known this. The community is being asked daily to keep up the search. This information would have definitely helped with keeping spirits high.

Can we assume the reliable sources have told LE everything they know (I hope)? Yes, you think or know?

And, if KK had three potential bf's, did any of them show up? How many; one, two or all three? Then what would Kristy do? Awkward!
All this and plus she was also flirting with the man who was considered part of her friend couple? Well, no wonder, if none of the three showed up to see her. Couldn't her friends be more understanding? :crazy:

Really though, if someone did show up to specifically spend time with Kristy, several people would be able to identify who that man is (or men) and tell LE. If none of the men showed up but info about them is on KK's phone, LE would determine if they had been invited to show up to make sure one of them didn't wait for her, with bad intentions, to exit the VFW (even if they never entered the VFW).

Also Kristy could have been a little tipsy and was goofing around saying silly things. I'd have to know her and hear for myself how she presented her three bfs story. And why would that cause a fight with her friends? Which story is true? She was waiting for a potential bf to show or was flirting with a guy already in the bar (who was a male friend but part of a couple)?

People can make stories up as well.

all good points...

Maybe it's just me, but when I think of drinking at a VFW bar (whatever that is), I don't foresee the nicest of clientele. JMO.

In this area it is common to go to a club like VFW Amer. Legion, Elks Lodge etc. We used to be regulars after high school ball games at our Am. Legion. It had good food & was family friendly. So I have only been to the Boonville VFW once but it was average for a private club. The clientele are usually older men & a few wives but they had Bingo that night which is open to the public.

I feel like the family says if you want to look, here are the details... I personally do not feel pressured to search. I think Joelle Lockwood found alive has instilled a new hope in all involved.

According to her fathers interview Kristy left home around 5 that evening and said she was going out to eat, I think it would be important to know what time she went to the VFW. Did she go right there, eat and play bingo and hang around the bar? If not, when did she arrive there ? Where was she before then and more importantly who was she with? Could someone have known her plans to go there later?

In this area it is common to go to a club like VFW Amer. Legion, Elks Lodge etc. We used to be regulars after high school ball games at our Am. Legion. It had good food & was family friendly. So I have only been to the Boonville VFW once but it was average for a private club. The clientele are usually older men & a few wives but they had Bingo that night which is open to the public.

Where I grew up I remember we had a VFW and it was casual but nice. Family friendly on Friday night as I recall going there for the fish fry with my parents. I kept asking about fish fries many pages back but no one responded.

In case you missed it, Thursday night (the night Kristy was there) was Bingo night. No one answered when I asked if she and her friends played Bingo earlier. Her dad said she left the house early in the evening so I wonder if she was at the VFW for hours upon hours.

I'm remembering stuff from forty plus years ago - lol!
My guess is, since WWII vets are old, these organizations are not as vibrant as they were at one time?
I ask/say this because we're retired military and my husband didn't seek out a club since retiring ten years ago.
Actually, I embarrassed myself when it dawned on me how little I know about the VFW and similar organizations.

Your Snipped says 9 hours ago. So, up until then, the community did not know this. It is my hope that people understand that the parents, understandably so, plead for help from the community. The community is literally praying and physically working their hearts out to find Kristy. Knowing that there is a SAR entity helping would be very spirit-lifting. There is no reason to have kept that a secret. ???

I am glad they are here. Kristy deserves every possible resource brought in to find her.

I doubt they were keeping it a secret. While I completely understand the community wanting to know and the spirit lifter it is, sometimes what would help the community's mental state is the LAST thing on the mind of the family of someone who is missing. Actually, most of the time, the community is not high up on their list of things they are thinking about. Of course they want help, but they are so overwhelmed, as I'm sure you can imagine, with anxiety, sadness, fear, and a whole other array of emotions regarding their missing loved one, that there just isn't much else they are capable of thinking about. They are truly just trying to remember how to breath during this horrible waiting game, they don't sleep hardly at all, they often don't eat, it's nothing that most of us can even comprehend.

For the most part, they should just be older locals (unless young vets are joining now too) who like to reminisce about the olden days and hang out together. No one knows the experience of war unless one has been in one. Also it comes to mind that, back in the day, there was the draft. Everyone who was called to serve did their duty and are/should be proud (even if no one else is) of themselves. I wouldn't think bad people hang out there, especially in a small town. Because, if there was a bad guy among them, you'd think there'd be a history of other bad incidents surrounding the VFW.
My thought is that history has changed the way the organizations are attended and thought of in society. My husband would rather forget (not about his whole career but war) imo. Of course, that's impossible, because it seems another one is coming soon. :gaah:

I get it, I do. I used to feel that way sometimes around WS. Like, why aren't police helping us? We could assist them if they'd just let us. Because most people really want to help and it would be rewarding to be able to do so.
There are posters who remind that LE doesn't have to tell us anything and info will hinder investigations and mess up trials.
If police aren't sharing much locally though, at least they think this is a personal circumstance versus a threat to the community at large. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I don't want to mislead anybody.

You know, something really important came up in the interview on Joelle's case. The man commented about how his kids hadn't heard from their Mom in the last two months and they had been wondering why because she normally sees her grandkids and what not. Turns out it was because she was part of having Joelle locked in a cage. Point being people need to be looking for changes in behavior, even subtle ones.

It's pretty common to do the "selfie/bff" kinda pics anymore, especially among the younger set. No worries, I'm out of touch too lol. I just happen to have younger cousins that post 1000 pics of themselves out each weekend.

I've heard (again from 2 reliable sources) that KK had mentioned texting the 3 men she was "talking to" (dating?) And whoever responded first was the one she was going to hang out with. I'm going to assume, if this was true, that LE has already contacted these men.

Also, someone asked about dating around was an insult in a small community. It's not an insult per se, but it has potential to get you an unwanted reputation.

That being said, I dint know KK personally and it's definitely not my intention to flame her character. I'm only passing on info that I know in hopes it helps/provides insight that may help someone piece something together.

It doesn't appear that any of them showed up. This is what I was getting at when I said I was still worried about self harm. . .because it seemed as if she was expecting someone, but was let down. :(

So many of my friends talk to guys on dating sites and meet them, to me it seems dangerous, one just encountered a guy who sent her very obscene pictures of himself, so some of these guys on dating sites are not good dating material. She said he looked respectable, dressed in a nice suit, handsome, but a little scary.

BBM. . .very common. I don't know what makes men think women want to see their junk, but sadly, very common. :notgood:

I know someone that met a guy on christian mingle and the guy turned out to be the biggest fraud of all. Anyone that meets a guy on any of these sites need to go very slow and really get to know them.

I agree. I did a bit of online dating after my divorce. In my experience, I would say roughly half of the guys were married. :gaah:

I don't think it's been kept a secret. Todd Scales posted on FB several times which groups were coming in to search, and named them. The people coming to Studio B to check in and search are completely aware of it. People in town have taken turns hosting the SAR groups with their campers or at their homes. It hasn't been on the news but that's the fault of the media. I'm guessing Kristy's parents are more focused on finding her than hunting down the media to report on which search teams are joining. JMO.

Maybe it is not a secret? I mean, us random internet people here on WS were able to find that info out pretty easily.

How uplifting that would have been to the community if they had known this. The community is being asked daily to keep up the search. This information would have definitely helped with keeping spirits high.

Maybe "keeping the spirits of the community high" is not the #1 priority for this family or for local LE? There #1 priority right now is probably finding Kristy. Which is as it should be. And I'm sorry, but the general public is not entitled to know every bit of information that has been found during an ongoing criminal investigation, no matter how much they may think they are. I think it's shameful that some people are turning on the family like this. Almost as bad as those people in the Joelle Lockwood pages saying that she might not be a victim because she willingly went with the people who held her captive. :gaah:

I don't think it's been kept a secret. Todd Scales posted on FB several times which groups were coming in to search, and named them. The people coming to Studio B to check in and search are completely aware of it. People in town have taken turns hosting the SAR groups with their campers or at their homes. It hasn't been on the news but that's the fault of the media. I'm guessing Kristy's parents are more focused on finding her than hunting down the media to report on which search teams are joining. JMO.

Yes, exactly. Also, LE could be playing it close to the vest because they are closing in on a suspect and don't want to spook him or her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr