IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
want to go back to the father of the still-missing woman, Todd Scales, father of Kristy Kelly.

Have police told you -- after Joelle was found, did they call you up and say, "Sir, there`s no connection here" or "We think there is a connection"?

Did they tell you anything?

SCALES: Nope. We don`t believe at this time there is any connection between the two. That`s as I understand it from the police.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So the police did call you and tell you that, because you`ve been saying -- and, you know, I understand that this is -- this is a

lot to deal with, but that they`ve essentially told you nothing, but they did tell you that?

SCALES: I have been in contact with them, and they don`t believe there is any connection between the two. I believe they have looked into this, and

I`m sure they`re still continuing, you know, to look into it.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, let me ask you, did the police believe that your daughter`s disappearance is a stranger abduction or is it somebody that she

knows?

SCALES: I wish we knew the answer to that. Actually, at this time, we really don`t have an answer. We`re looking into everything.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So police are basically at a dead end in your daughter`s disappearance?

SCALES: At this point, I wouldn`t say a dead end. They have a lot of leads yet that are coming in and to follow.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Can you give us a hint? Can you give us any kind of hint so we can analyze it with our expert panel?

SCALES: To be honest, I wish I could. But at this point, we really just simply do not know. You know, it`s more than likely someone that she knew.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh.

SCALES: But, that`s speculation.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Well, Lisa Lockwood, what do you make of that? We just got a new tidbit.

LOCKWOOD: Well, in light of that, somebody had waited for her -- waited for that parking lot to clear. She was possibly one of the last people out

of the bar that night. So yes, the opportunity to get into the vehicle and abduct her was certainly there.

Now we also know that there were no cameras in that VFW parking lot. So really, we`re speculating right now. But always, always -- police will

always try to find out, did she know somebody? Did that person -- did she have a fallout? Was it an ex-boyfriend, ex-lover, et cetera? Did she have

an argument with somebody? And they`re trying to find out, basically, if she knew that person. So yes, it is a possibility.

I am pretty sure that was just a theory (that she was on-line dating, texting different guys) but jmo.

It could be different in a smaller centre in Indiana, but where I live, anyone who is single, between 18 and 80 has a profile on that worldwide "underwater" site. Even if they don't seem like the 'type'.

Its bizzare it took 20 min to get to TF cam. could there have been an altercation in the parking lot with someone when she went outside and no one inside knew? There is about 15 minutes unaccounted for right from the get go.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/08/1...-kristy-kelley
Kelley's mother tells HLN that Kristy was out with some friends at a bar to support a bartender friend.

"Everyone had left. The bartender had to go back in to do deposits from what I understand," said Kristy's mom, Kathy Scales. "When [the bartender] came back out, Kristy was no longer there. They heard a door close and didn’t think much of it ... thought she stepped outside for a moment. But her vehicle was gone."

If they heard the door close it was probably Kristy going out. If someone came in they should have heard the door 2 times.

So her father said there is someone she was seeing...I thought initially there was no BF?

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/08/1...-kristy-kelley
Kelley's mother tells HLN that Kristy was out with some friends at a bar to support a bartender friend.

"Everyone had left. The bartender had to go back in to do deposits from what I understand," said Kristy's mom, Kathy Scales. "When [the bartender] came back out, Kristy was no longer there. They heard a door close and didn’t think much of it ... thought she stepped outside for a moment. But her vehicle was gone."

If they heard the door close it was probably Kristy going out. If someone came in they should have heard the door 2 times.

Can you remember if there's a window anywhere around the bar area? Just was wondering about the possibility of her sitting at the bar and seeing a vehicle pull up in the parking lot (headlights on, late at night), and maybe her going out upon seeing it?

So her father said there is someone she was seeing...I thought initially there was no BF?

I thought so too...and I am NOT sure, but I thought I got that impression because her Mom was asked that question (early on) specifically in an interview and said "no." Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess it's possible that Kristy kept the BF private and that it has only come out because she disappeared...don't know.

Someone asked about her being on dating sites, I checked two that I know are really popular (initials POF and OC) and she wasn't on either one. I did find one girl who looked VERY similar to Kristy - her teeth/smile was similar, petite, dark hair, and she had that same horizontal indentation above her lip (that's not very common, is it?). But upon further inspection, I realized it wasn't be her. :(

So why is the bartender lying? You either know someone or you don't. No one was saying they are BFF's just casual friends, more than an acquaintance. She claims to not know KK at all! Funny she defends the female of the couple though, so she is obviously her friend!

From what I've seen the bartender is friends with KK's friend & her fiancé.

If you search through FB you can kinda figure out who he is..not 100% sure but he has posted pics of Kristy saying he misses her smile and other posts about her so i get the feeling she was seeing him but there is nothing that says 100% that she was.

I think we need to consider that we probably have no real idea or accurate info as to what was going on that night. And nothing against Kristy's mom, but I am not sure she was really in the know about Kristy's friends and relationships. Jmo

I agree with this. And saying "her friend" could just be a way of saying that she and Kristy were acquaintances. It doesn't necessarily mean they were lifelong besties or anything.

Does anyone know where the idea that Kristy was going to go to the South Side Bar came from? Was it the bartender who first said it? Was it in an interview, or was it just FB stuff? I'm wondering if that was ever true at all.

It started out per interviews with mom saying no bf just guy friends. (NG) Then dad saying sorta had a bf (believe that was the Brad Byrd interview). Then a searcher-one of our WS locals said someone she was seeing about 4 months that was going on the searches. (matches this latest interview). My guess she is 27 yrs old. She is an adult. Her parents are probably learning more about what KK was doing as this search continues. Honestly her friends probably are more aware of what she was doing and with who than her parents who are probably just finding out.

I agree with this. And saying "her friend" could just be a way of saying that she and Kristy were acquaintances. It doesn't necessarily mean they were lifelong besties or anything.

Does anyone know where the idea that Kristy was going to go to the South Side Bar came from? Was it the bartender who first said it? Was it in an interview, or was it just FB stuff? I'm wondering if that was ever true at all.

It came from the female that was with Kristy that night.

"Seeing someone" and "having a boyfriend" are often two different things. I personally wouldn't call someone my BF if I had only gone out with them once or twice. Maybe it was a very new relationship and they were still getting to know each other.

Its bizzare it took 20 min to get to TF cam. could there have been an altercation in the parking lot with someone when she went outside and no one inside knew? There is about 15 minutes unaccounted for right from the get go.

Not knowing the area, could she have been out of gas for the next day? Maybe she had to drive a distance to a gas bar that was open at that time of night?

I think that 15 -18 min from when she left VFW to car on cam is important. Did something happen in that parking lot? Was someone she hoped would show up waiting out there for her? Did she talk to someone out there and they asked her to meet them somewhere? Was she even driving the car?

Not knowing the area, could she have been out of gas for the next day? Maybe she had to drive a distance to a gas bar that was open at that time of night?

There is a station on the curve coming in to Boonville. If she went there to get gas she would have went the opposite direction when leaving the VFW then headed back into town. That could explain the time frame. Does anyone from Boonville know if they stay open all night and if they have cams? They were asking people to check cams along the main drag there and I would bet that one wasnt checked since its in the opposite direction.

There is a station on the curve coming in to Boonville. If she went there to get gas she would have went the opposite was when leaving the VFW then headed back into town. That could explain the time frame. does anyone from Boonville know if they stay open all night and if they have cams?

But why would she need gas if she only had a mile to go home, and only a mile or two to work the next day?

I do wonder if she left when the bartender heard the door and drove off in the OTHER direction (away from the Tastee Freeze).

Thats just it. Who knows where she decided to go though? She could have went looking for someone or to someones house. If that last unconfirmed cam sighting was her car she sure wasnt headed toward home.

Looking closely at the back of the VFW I don't see lights at all, I thought the bartender friend said that she felt safe there and it was well lit. I don't see lights back there at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties