IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posted on one of her facebook pages....

Great Video....

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/loca...cing-spierers-steps-the-night-she-disappeared

After watching video...all the distances walked do look short and easy...especially in the daylight...however, the last leg, after the point where the friends could not see her, was the longest stretch home and it would have been dark out. There is no way in Haiti I would have walked that by myself at that hour. Maybe from the bar to her apartment, but not from the friends apartment to hers.

Am I the only one who's getting the feeling that neither the male friend nor the boyfriend are responsible for whatever happened to Lauren?

Anti-Semitic vandalism reported at IU-Bloomington (Dec 2010)

http://www.wthr.com/story/13591016/anti-semitic-vandalism-reported-at-iu-bloomington

from another article:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20025355-504083.html

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (CBS/AP) "Our synagogues have had stones thrown at them, our books are desecrated and we are still here lighting the menorah," Alex Groysman, president of Chabad House Jewish Student Center at Indiana University in Bloomington Ind., said at a lighting ceremony where Bloomington Mayor Mark Kruzan lit the center candle of a 9-foot menorah Sunday night.

Chabad House was one of the targets in a recent wave of anti-Jewish vandalism on and near the campus.

Since Nov. 23, six acts of vandalism aimed at the Jewish community have been reported to Indiana University and city police.

IU police have increased patrols in the area and have contacted the FBI and the U.S. Department of Justice for help with their investigation, The Herald-Times said.

just food for thought.

I don't know, based on the messages from the friend of the boyfriend, my impression was that 1) there was an altercation 2) it likely was between the friends of the boyfriend and 'the friend' and 3) it was not a kidnapping (but had something to do with this conflict).

I think the comments about being members of the tribe were just implying that everyone knows everything about what is going on in this circle. That's how I read it, but I could very well be wrong.

Hmm, I just re-read the exchange on FB, and I think you may be right about some of the cryptic comments about "problems," Curiousgirl.

Edited to add:
"BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — The student who was with Lauren Spierer in the hours before her disappearance has no memory of their last moments together, his lawyer told The Journal News on Wednesday night." The article goes on to say 'friend' was punched in the face during altercation, Lauren helped him home: Link here

If the story of the altercation is true, my gut tells me that the BF was one of the people involved in the altercation with the male friend. As for what truly happened after she and the male friend left and walked to his apartment, I think one of three things is likely: The male friend is somehow responsible or is covering something up, the BF is responsible (i.e. waited for her to leave the male friend's apartment), or she happened to cross paths with some creep on her way home (possible, and happens nearly every day, but also probably the least likely scenario at this point).

I agree 100%

Just a reminder that while we're allowed to discuss what's posted on the FB missing page, it is all conjecture until proven otherwise, and cannot be considered hard fact. Social networking pages, i.e., Facebook, Myspace, associated with individuals are off limits. Generally, the only exceptions are suspects and victims.

Lauren's disappearance is bound to incite passionate and emotional responses and innuendo. Such is the case on the FB page right now. It's understandable to a degree, but nevertheless, we can't bring it here to WS.

As the days go by and Lauren remains missing, more and more angles and theories will arise. Most can be discussed as long as we remain rational and respectful. The scales can tip easily, though, if we're not careful. It's a good idea if beginning right now, we start treading very carefully so we can keep this thread open for Lauren. ;)

Good point,now I am wondering if she ever made it back to her apt.She was voted the best dressed in school and she was taking fashion in college.Can't see her walking barefoot everywhere.Something sounds off too me.

This makes me think that maybe she was roofied? Or under the infuence of something other than alcohol?

I totally agree with who posted upthread their opinion was that there was definitely an altercation.. I believe that most likely with these precious parents that are truly out of their mind with fear and grief..just honest amd forthright people that were simply telling of what they had thus far learned.. They probably were hoping that this discovery of those in the altercation was a very promising piece of info that would hopefully break open things and lead to finding Lauren..

It's my opinion that since that was stated earlier today by the parents that police have really made some major headway with the investigation and have determined this altercation is absolutely somehow involved with what happened to Lauren less than 2 hours later.. This being the Case when LE found out the parents had already spoken publicly about the altercation they immediately decided to go into zipped up lips of any and all info and they needed Thia altercation info COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY!!.. so in speaking with her parents and explaining the dire situation and importance of needing to rein that info back in.. That it was imperative In order for them to find Lauren.. Of course these precious parents are going to whatever it takes to vet their daughter home.. LE therefor needed them to get the word out IMMEDIATELY THAT THIS MEDIA REPORT WAS 100% FALSE!!!

there is not a doubt in my mind whatsoever this altercation 100% guaranteed did take place at Smallwood and every bit of it is on security video..

The male friend that was with Lauren at 230-240 In the lobby of her Smallwood apts has a lawyer.. As is posted above, thank you Abby, that lawyer has now released a statement about his client and it includes the info about the altercation and that the male friend, his client was punched in the face during the altercation.. This is why Lauren did nit proceed on to her apt but instead went with the friend to help in getting home to his apt due to his injury.. He's not the last one to see her. That is male # 2.. this guy just blew LE little to late attempt at reining this detail back in IMO...

It is out there and IMO 100% true as well as IMO absolutely has to do with what happened to Lauren less than 2 short hours later..

Hoping they've got all of the males identified from the video of the fight and have them completely separated grilling them and offering polys.. IMO the answer lies with atleast one out of this particular group of males.. Thank God for Big Brother.. Technology of having it all on video is gonna be what leads to their finding Lauren..

Jmo, tho!!

Posting via mobile so please excuse errors as there is not the same amount of control as I'd have posting from my laptop! Thanks! :)

From that same article
Police also have a small purse she used and some keys, both found in an alley that is along the route she walked with her friend after leaving Kilroy's.

Anyone local know anything about the alley they are talking about?
http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com

The purse that was found was not hers it was a women who was stabbed and killed by her boyfriend. As far as the alley it was a shortcut she took to get to her friends apartment on 11th street

Let's suppose the altercation DID happen, father made statement and it was "too much information" that he should have not released. It could be possible that the information leaked to the father and now LE is figuring the altercation is way more important then they initially thought and want him to hush up.

With that being said....someone said maybe they hurt her to get back at the male friend b/c of the altercation.

If she was drunk, it's possible she could have said something she shouldn't have that provoked the guys and her male acquaintance came to her defense, thus hurting her later to get back at her. Long stretch, I know...

Also, I thought someone posted that she was charged with public intoxication and something behavior back in Sept. 2010. Maybe she said the wrong thing, to the wrong person.

Her father said he never saw any video of the argument he never said it did not happen and Laurens cousin does update us on FB what she can from her father Lauren's Uncle.

Emily Spierer
Hello, this is an update from my Uncle David...

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to update you tonight. Searches have been going on everyday. There has not be any hard material evidence that has turned up as of yet. Suposedly, according to the press, there are now 10 "persons of interest" but still no suspects. As you know, last night, there we...re hard drives confiscated from the apartment building in which Lauren lives. The police are analyzing those tapes for any incriminating evidence. As if this situation was not devastating enough:

The snippet below was taken about 1/2 hour ago from the Indiana University Press.

Missing IU student Lauren Spierer was seen in an altercation on Smallwood surveillance video obtained by the police, Lauren’s father Robert Spierer told The Journal News<http://www.lohud.com/>.

“My daughter and these other boys are on the video. There was an altercation between the boy my daughter was with and some boys here at Smallwood,” Robert Spierer said.

Bloomington Police officers have confirmed that Lauren was seen with a male acquaintance the night she disappeared. She left Kilroy’s Sports Bar at 2:30 a.m. Friday morning and briefly returned to the Smallwood Apartment Complex — where the altercation took place — before leaving to go to another friend’s apartment complex at 11th and Morton Streets.

I want you to know that I just spoke with my brother and he never said this. This is important. The search has been going on for a while now, we are at the juncture when the vultures are coming out for scraps. Rumors about the case are flying around the internet. I just want you to know the truth and to please spread this word however you can. I do not want to see my family name smeared because some Yahoo reporter wants to get a story.

That being said, we are still working into the night monitoring the internet for articles, sending out emails/texts and setting up TV appearances to keep the story alive.

Everything you and your friends/loved ones are doing is so touching to me and my family. The love and generosity that has been offered is truly incredible. Thank you.

David

Just a reminder that while we're allowed to discuss what's posted on the FB missing page, it is all conjecture until proven otherwise, and cannot be considered hard fact. Social networking pages, i.e., Facebook, Myspace, associated with individuals are off limits. Generally, the only exceptions are suspects and victims.

Lauren's disappearance is bound to incite passionate and emotional responses and innuendo. Such is the case on the FB page right now. It's understandable to a degree, but nevertheless, we can't bring it here to WS.

As the days go by and Lauren remains missing, more and more angles and theories will arise. Most can be discussed as long as we remain rational and respectful. The scales can tip easily, though, if we're not careful. It's a good idea if beginning right now, we start treading very carefully so we can keep this thread open for Lauren. ;)

Thank you for allowing a thread for Lauren this has really been hard on our town and going on a week and still no Lauren people are getting frustrated and feeling helpless as we did 10 years ago when Jill Behrman went missing and was murdered. The family does try to update us on FB and searches are continuing we will not give up on Lauren and B-town will unite.

I do not believe an ATTY practicing under the bar as a licensed attorney(he previously worked DA office) is not going to make a public statement that the male that accompanied Lauren from the bar to her Smallwood apts was injured to the face during the altercation that took place at the Smallwood apt complex and this is why Lauren instead if going home to her apt she instead walked home with male friend to his apt to make sure he got there Ok due to the injury received.. This ATTY just is not make this on record public statement if it were not true..

Theories above of why LE possibly had the parents retract statement to rein in knoedge of what's become an important factor in Laurens disappearance..
Any interested there are posts discussing this..

Here's link to the info I am speaking of..
http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...s-together?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

It looks like this "lohud.com" site is reporting information found nowhere else, with sketchy writing and numerous grammar/spelling/wording mistakes. Personally, I am taking anything from there with a huge grain of salt, and relying more on the ids news (IU's paper), and other local coverage (Bloomington Herald Times, IndyStar, etc.). Just FWIW :)

This could be completely unrelated to any of her friends. If she was walking home alone in the very early hours of the morning, she could have came in contact with any kind of a weirdo.

For that reason, they should be looking into the missing purse/keys from the other homicide.If someone committed a murder a few nights later, and travels to the area Lauren disappeared at and disposes of things there, then there is no reason he couldn't have been in that same area last Friday a.m. and encountered Lauren.

In regards to the second homicide (Angie Holder) and her purse that was thought to be Lauren's, the suspect Bruce Foster just was released from jail Monday morning (June 6). Lauren disappeared June 3 so they cannot possibly be related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itzAMANDAyo