IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robert is amazing! They are staying in Bloomington.

Parents of children who may know what happened to Lauren: Help your kids do the right thing and find the courage to come forward. Help them find their moral compass.

It doesn't sound to me like the parents thinking a stranger is involved.

This is DEFINITELY NOT a stranger abduction!!!! parents and LE know friends have secondary knowledge of what happened!

This is DEFINITELY NOT a stranger abduction!!!! parents and LE know friends have secondary knowledge of what happened!

It certainly doesn't sound to me that the parents are suspecting stranger abduction. But LE could be wrong-sometimes friends/relatives are suspected, but it actually was a stranger abduction.

This morning, I'm attached to how JR via HT seems to have just enough CYA-type stories to make himself look good and attempt to avoid finger pointing and blame:

* His prodding of LS to sleep on the couch
* His telling LS that he'll watch to make sure she doesn't stumble
* His watching LS walk not just up the street, but around the corner

Bottom line: If he cared this much about her safety, then WHY DID HE ALLOW HER TO LEAVE W/O shoes, phone, keys?!

Yes, it seems JR goes out of his way to make it appear that he was concerned for LS's welfare. I think that this is clearly a sign that he feels responsible in this matter.
Responsible for what though?

Charlene addressed person who might have information about Lauren.

No real news. The parents look exhausted. Yet, they won't give up!

OK wait.... Lauren called them? Or is this an old message of hers?

Pretty clear to me that the cops have told them that they believe one person knows, and who they believe that person is.

OK wait.... Lauren called them? Or is this an old message of hers?

Pretty clear the cops have told them that they believe one person knows, and who they believe that person is.

It has to be an old message that he is listening to over and over again. Otherwise the parents would know she was alive, and wouldn't be begging parents of children to talk to these children about what they know.

It certainly doesn't sound to me that the parents are suspecting stranger abduction. But LE could be wrong-sometimes friends/relatives are suspected, but it actually was a stranger abduction.

Yes. At this point, they are trying to get information from the friends - but it doesn't seem like they know any more or less about what happened.

I think LE hopes and believes one of the kids know because it's the easier way for them to solve this crime.

Lauren, where are you??????

The community needs to put the pressure on the men (POIs) that were with her that night... they need to hound them and their families. I hate to be like that but it may be the only way to get answers. The POIs have a lot to lose by talking especially if drugs were involved. Lawyers or not the friends of these guys should also have the moral compass to pressure these guys.... someone will crack, make a mistake.

Obviously. It is not that difficult to see that at least 2 POIs may have knowledge of what happened to her and that's why they either only provide "statements" to the police via their expensive lawyers (and take private polygraph tests instead of police-administered) or claim "memory loss". The appeal of the Spierer's to the parents of students who may know what happened is a good idea and hopefully it will lead somewhere.

I'd never really ever "bought" the stranger abduction theory. Possible? sure. Likely? IMO No. There are too many coincidences in this story. This isn't just about a girl who walked down the street to class one day and was never seen or heard from again. This is about a girl who was reported VERY drunk and rumored to have admitted to taking drugs, who was with a boy who was hit in the face and supposedly not able to remember the details, then later wanted to continue "partying" a friend (even though she supposedly was barely able to walk just minutes prior), and supposedly made a phone call, then left on barefoot without stumbling. That does NOT add up to stranger abduction to me and I believe LE and her parents know it.

Having said that, I do not think LE nor her parents would be pressing so hard if they didn't have some small piece of evidence. I believe that they do. They may even have enough for an arrest, but if they don't think it's strong enough for a conviction up against a powerful attorney, they'll likely not press charges and will sit and wait til there's a confession. I doubt there will be one. I think they are going to have to find something more solid.

I actually WISH this was a case of stranger abduction. Sometimes those kids are found alive. However, if this truly involves one of the POIs, I think chances are very very slim that she's alive and I believe her parents know that by now. LS would KNOW the person involved if it's a POI and I think there's nearly zero chance that they would have her alive. So sad.

In simplest form.....there are alot of cameras in the area, and every poi that has a vehicle on campus can be seen (I would think) out between 1-4:30 if the video is exhaustively looked at.

In simplest form.....there are alot of cameras in the area, and every poi that has a vehicle on campus can be seen (I would think) out between 1-4:30 if the video is exhaustively looked at.
I believe we had established that is not the case. Cameras are in specific areas so depending on the route POIs would not necessarily be on camera.

Smallwood (via the alleys between 10th & Morton)

Where did this information come from? the gravel lot(where the dogs lost the scent)? the same gravel lot by where the keys was found? I did not know there was info about the dog loosing scent

Does anyone know how many houses there are from JR's apartment to the last known sighting of Lauren? Has each and everyone of these houses been thoroughly searched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member