IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any more information about the keys on the handrail?

Someone posted a pic of the area back on Page 10 -- is that handrail and that gravel lot the same ones we've all been talking about?

The dogs lost the track at that gravel lot?
The keys are found on the handrail right there?

10th and College Vista?

Why would anyone put their keys on a handrail? Makes no sense at all ...

Did someone turn the keys into police and after the fact say they found them on the handrail?
Or did the police find them during a search and then after the fact someone said they found them on the handrail?

~ SNIP ~
1.5 hours later, approx 4:30 AM, JR--a sorta neighbor but not a friend and possibly hostile to CR--reports the last known sighting of LS, at a corner near his place.

~ SNIP ~
Couple of different directions it can go at this point but both rely on JR being the go to guy in this situation, whether for LS alone due to JW or whether JR's is and has been CR's connect and thus JR/friends beating CR and JR being banned from Smallwoods.

My understanding, from what I've read elsewhere, is that JR is a mutual friend of JW and CR, although LS met CR only a few days before she disappeared. It was JW's friends who confronted and punched CR in the lobby of Smallwood in the early AM hours of 6/3. Apparently, the altercation had to do with CR being banned from Smallwood.

Whoever is responsible for LS's disappearance, I think JR is the key either way since he has connections to both JW & friends and CR. He was reportedly the last to see LS, but his timeline does not correlate with that of surveillance cameras and other witnesses. IMO, JR is either directly responsible for LS's disappearance, or indirectly responsible in that he is covering for the person(s) responsible, or covering up some illicit activity that contributed to LS's disappearance, whether she was the victim of an accidental death or an abduction.

The police have never claimed JR's timeline doesn't correlate with other witnesses or video. The last video of LS was at 2:51 am. There is no more video of her after that. From what was reported, she went to JR's at approximately 3:15 am. Apparently JR claims he watched her leave at 4:30 am. And police have never said that they have evidence to contradict that timeline. While they don't have any videos to support the idea that she left, they have never said they have anything to contradict it either.

Someone posted a pic of the area back on Page 10 -- is that handrail and that gravel lot the same ones we've all been talking about?

10th and College Vista?

Did someone turn the keys into police and after the fact say they found them on the handrail?
Or did the police find them during a search and then after the fact someone said they found them on the handrail?

LS's keys and change purse were found on the ground in that area by a man who placed them on the handrail. IIRC, he found them around 3:00 AM on 6/3. The man has spoken to LE.

LS's keys and change purse were found on the ground in that area by a man who placed them on the handrail. IIRC, he found them around 3:00 AM on 6/3. The man has spoken to LE.

When that man talked to reporters, the man who first noticed the purse said he hasn't been interviewed by LE.

I wonder if the remains they've found are missing the head. It seems with her long yellow blonde hair, and perfect orthodontia work, it would be pretty easy to make a preliminary ID. Rule her definitely in or definitely out, it seems.

I wonder if the remains they've found are missing the head. It seems with her long yellow blonde hair, and perfect orthodontia work, it would be pretty easy to make a preliminary ID. Rule her definitely in or definitely out, it seems.

I am pretty sure the head is there but they haven't done an autopsy yet. It should be easy enough to figure the age at least by the state of the teeth, but the autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow morning so they haven't done it yet. They have several missing persons case that the body could be.

"IMPD officials point out that they have several open missing persons cases right now. And detectives are keeping those case files handy so they can potentially follow up based on what the Coroner's office determines about the body."
http://www.wsbt.com/news/wxin-disco...on-of-other-agencies-20110704,0,3106723.story

I am pretty sure the head is there but they haven't done an autopsy yet. It should be easy enough to figure the age at least by the state of the teeth, but the autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow morning so they haven't done it yet. They have several missing persons case that the body could be.

"IMPD officials point out that they have several open missing persons cases right now. And detectives are keeping those case files handy so they can potentially follow up based on what the Coroner's office determines about the body."
http://www.wsbt.com/news/wxin-disco...on-of-other-agencies-20110704,0,3106723.story

I'm just curious, if the head is present, how they can't determine race IF it's Lauren. No other race besides Caucasian has hair like that - maybe it's not Lauren?

I'm just curious, if the head is present, how they can't determine race IF it's Lauren. No other race besides Caucasian has hair like that - maybe it's not Lauren?

If the skin has darkened from the water, etc...(sorry :( ) LE probably isn't going to make a judgement call, the hair could be dyed, etc...

I don't know either. That's why I think it's probably not her, because she has long blond hair. But maybe they just don't want to say anything definitive until they know who that is for sure.

No one official is available to make a positive identification. LE in Indy may be able to make an educated guess, but they cannot give any idea to the media. I think it's possible that they have an idea of who it is, but are not releasing any possible identifying characteristics until an official is in place to make an identification to give to the family of the victim, first.

No one official is available to make a positive identification. LE in Indy may be able to make an educated guess, but they cannot give any idea to the media. I think it's possible that they have an idea of who it is, but are not releasing any possible identifying characteristics until an official is in place to make an identification to give to the family of the victim, first.

One thing we know-they figured the body was a woman right from the start. So clearly there is something about the body that allowed them to easily figure out it is a woman without waiting for an autopsy.

So according to Tony Gatto's site today, ZO is confirmed person that was in altercation with CR that evening.

Bessie is that ok to say?

So according to Tony Gatto's site today, ZO is confirmed person that was in altercation with CR that evening.

Bessie is that ok to say?

Bessie okayed the use of ZO and AB initials recently. And we have posted links to Tony's site many times. I think it will help clarify some things.

http://tonygatto.com/

Bessie okayed the use of ZO and AB initials recently. And we have posted links to Tony's site many times. I think it will help clarify some things.

http://tonygatto.com/

I dont understand what makes these 2 are relevant to the case. These are only based on rumors. If police did not identify them it was obviously because there were not relevant. There are 3 high interest POIs in 5 North. Lets not forget that the story that does not add up is LS leaving 5 North at 4.30 AM. That's where the real problem seems to be and these 2 new initials are obviously unrelated to that. JMO.

10th and College Vista?

I have been stuck on the keys from early on.
Reportedly Amin finds the keys while walking through the gravel parking lot just before 3am. The last sighting of video of LS is 2:51 am so is there a 9 minute window where LS lost the keys at this point. However, Amin did not pick the keys up. The next person to come across the keys is Aminx friend. He picks them up and puts them on the rail. This account was given by Amin very early on in the investigation. There is an article reporting this I just dont have the link, sorry. All of the key business happened in the early morning hours just after LS was reported to be seen on video at 2:51 am. All very hinky to me.
JMO

I have been stuck on the keys from early on.
Reportedly AB finds the keys while walking through the gravel parking lot just before 3am. The last sighting of video of LS is 2:51 am so is there a 9 minute window where LS lost the keys at this point. However, AB did not pick the keys up. The next person to come across the keys is AB friend. He picks them up and puts them on the rail. This account was given by AB very early on in the investigation. There is an article reporting this I just dont have the link, sorry. All of the key business happened in the early morning hours just after LS was reported to be seen on video at 2:51 am. All very hinky to me.
JMO

Glad that we can finally use ZO and AB's initials. That being said, the initials of the person who found the keys is AA, NOT AB. It is NOT the same person as the one referenced in TG's article. AA and his friend both saw the keys, one moved them to the hand rail, and neither has any more to do with the case. Except that AA was interviewed by MSM, told what he saw and that LE hadn't, at the time of that interview spoken to him yet.
AB is room mates with ZO, and since ZO got in an altercation with CR while he was hanging out with LS, I would certainly name ZO as a POI. AB bears a strong resemblance to the man reportedly sighted with LS at 3:38.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...Spierer-not-last-person-her-?odyssey=nav|head

Her keychain was found the next day near an alleyway behind a building about
100 yards from Rossman’s building.

IU student AJ Amin, 19, told The Journal News Friday that he saw a small
purple pouch with a gold key shortly before 3 am that morning on the
sidewalk near that building. He said he left it there and that a friend of
his put it on a railing when he saw it there a few hours later.

“I didn’t know they were hers,” said Amin, who had not yet given his account
to police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members