IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way that I can buy the abduction theory in the alley (therefore never making it to 5 North) is:

If whomever abducted her was someone very very feared by CR/MB/JR. I just don't see the three of them abducting her in an alley......if they are going to admit that she went to their place, then why wouldn't they have taken her there and "had their way with her"? What is the motive for the abduction by those three boys, if not rape? I wouldn't get that. I can't buy that three boys were all murderers and that would have to be the case if they didn't have intentions of raping her. If they were planning to take her somewhere to do that, then why say that she went to BOTH of their houses? Why not just say she took CR home, then left? It makes me think that someone (maybe stemming from the fight) came into the alley and grabbed her and CR ran back scared to death. They may have made up their story b/c the truth would involve them with drugs or risk their lives, if they knew the person who did it. I've said before that there could be a very logical reason these kids aren't talking - FEAR. This is the only way that I "buy" an abduction before she supposedly went to 5 North. Otherwise, I see no reason for them to have said that she went there.

I am thinking it is already known whether the decomposed body is or is not LS. Skeletal size, teeth, hair and other accoutrements would point in one direction. I am guessing it isn't her or there would be more buzz. On the other hand, LE might be uing this holiday to observe reaction to the news. Either way, Find Lauren.

Silence fuels speculation in case of missing student
On Wednesday, police searched Rosenbaum's Bloomington apartment, according to the Herald-Times.

They also searched the Bloomington residence of JW, Spierer's boyfriend, the paper reported Wednesday.

What were they looking for?
The police aren't talking. Wolff's attorney, Joe Lozano, did not return calls. And Voyles had no comment Friday.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-07-02-missing-student-lauren-spierer_n.htm

BBM
I know it's been mentioned before, but I'm just hoping that they KNOW what they're looking for and just haven't reported it. I need to believe that they're not grasping at straws by doing these searches (repeat searches?) so late in the game. :(

Silence fuels speculation in case of missing student
On Wednesday, police searched Rosenbaum's Bloomington apartment, according to the Herald-Times.

They also searched the Bloomington residence of JW, Spierer's boyfriend, the paper reported Wednesday.

What were they looking for?
The police aren't talking. Wolff's attorney, Joe Lozano, did not return calls. And Voyles had no comment Friday.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-07-02-missing-student-lauren-spierer_n.htm

BBM
I know it's been mentioned before, but I'm just hoping that they KNOW what they're looking for and just haven't reported it. I need to believe that they're not grasping at straws by doing these searches (repeat searches?) so late in the game. :(

Looking for a David Yurman ring, perhaps?

LE may only even released that the body is that of a woman because perhaps the witnesses at the scene knew that much. I know that in Portland, with the multitude of bodies pulled from rivers in the past year, sometimes we don't hear the sex until LE has announced more details...they probably only reveal what they have to, until they can make an ID.

My opinion: :LE wants to show public they are still working on the case, even though they stopped regular press conferences.

I am thinking it is already known whether the decomposed body is or is not LS. Skeletal size, teeth, hair and other accoutrements would point in one direction. I am guessing it isn't her or there would be more buzz. On the other hand, LE might be uing this holiday to observe reaction to the news. Either way, Find Lauren.

Right. No way would hair decompose that quickly. She is also very small, so that could rule her out quickly as well.

Looking for a David Yurman ring, perhaps?

I guess so. In my mind (blame it on too many Criminal Minds episodes) I would think that only a trophy keeping psycho would still have a piece of the victim's jewelry just lying in wait for the police to find on a search done a full month later...

I guess so. In my mind (blame it on too many Criminal Minds episodes) I would think that only a trophy keeping psycho would still have a piece of the victim's jewelry just lying in wait for the police to find on a search done a full month later...

I originally thought that too. But today I deviated. Would someone capable of dumping a body dispose of her jewelry or would their larcenous hearts remove it? Other thought is that a bf might want a sentimental memento, especially if it were a gift from him (not that we know this). In arson cases, where business owners torch their own buildings sometimes they have removed sentimental keepsakes (First dollar, e.g.).

I originally thought that too. But today I deviated. Would someone capable of dumping a body dispose of her jewelry or would their larcenous hearts remove it? Other thought is that a bf might want a sentimental memento, especially if it were a gift from him (not that we know this). In arson cases, where business owners torch their own buildings sometimes they have removed sentimental keepsakes (First dollar, e.g.).

If one of the 5 North guys did this, I really don't think this was murder, unless it was a rape that went too far....Therefore, I can't really see them even thinking about her jewelry. I get the feeling that if they were involved, it was either an OD or rape gone bad and they were either scared to death or trying very quickly to conceal her. However, my mind also wanders b/c if the "quickly" part is true, you'd think they would have been sloppy and forgotten something. There'd surely be SOME sort of evidence. That's why I keep going back to a crime of passion (JW) or someone taking her and the 5 North Guys knowing something but being too scared to tell.....

could be that great grandma that disappeared from Noblesville which is NW of that area where the body was found. They say the womans body was badly decomposed. I know of no other wissing women recently other than that grandma and LS. So it could be either. My guess is it's the grandma.

However, two PsOI went to High School not far from that area where the body was found.

So we will find out tomorrow.

If one of the 5 North guys did this, I really don't think this was murder, unless it was a rape that went too far....Therefore, I can't really see them even thinking about her jewelry. I get the feeling that if they were involved, it was either an OD or rape gone bad and they were either scared to death or trying very quickly to conceal her. However, my mind also wanders b/c if the "quickly" part is true, you'd think they would have been sloppy and forgotten something. There'd surely be SOME sort of evidence. That's why I keep going back to a crime of passion (JW) or someone taking her and the 5 North Guys knowing something but being too scared to tell.....

I do not think this disappearance is murder either. I essentially agree with you here. I was just wondering if it might be the jewelry which could trip them up. Seems they might have decided to allow her coin purse/keys to be left behind. Jewelry is easy to conceal. When she is found it will be interesting to see if any jewelry is to be retrieved or found along side.

If the address they gave in the Fox 59 story is accurate (6500 block of N Fall Creek), then that's a pretty effective spot to dump a body. Heavy tree line, creek not very visible from the road, very close to the 56th street exit on 465.

For someone traveling between say the Detroit area and Bloomington IN...would have took just minutes to dump after pulling off of 465 too. Then maybe head over to the gas station to clean up, get fuel and jump back on the interstate (fuel station video should be collected today ...most will only keep 30 days of video).

Or...taking the long way to Indy home from Btown for a couple of other POI...very convenient and familiar area...only twenty minutes out of the way.

If this Fall Creek corpse was submerged for ten days and exposed above water for 20 days then it is likely you could make out that it is not male but hair color and race would be difficult due to natural decay, mud, debris, and discoloration from the elements.

There have been three major storms through Indianapolis since LE vanished and two since Dorothy Heard vanished from Noblesville.

Fall Creek carries a lot of storm water runoff.

regarding the badly decomposed body that was found, it has been super hot in northern indiana over the past few weeks. i know that excessive heat and water can aid in the decomposition of a body.

Does anyone feel like looking up Bloomington weather over the past few weeks? Or maybe one of the locals can just let us know.

Right. No way would hair decompose that quickly. She is also very small, so that could rule her out quickly as well.
Post mortem hair color changes can occur. Iron in water, for example, can make light hair turn reddish. Also, a body floating in water will bloat and become much larger.

"We're not able to determine any type of identity, not even a race at this point, because the body is so decomposed," said Kendale Adams, Indianapolis police public information officer

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28438834/detail.html

regarding the badly decomposed body that was found, it has been super hot in northern indiana over the past few weeks. i know that excessive heat and water can aid in the decomposition of a body.

Does anyone feel like looking up Bloomington weather over the past few weeks? Or maybe one of the locals can just let us know.

I read last night that bodies submerged in water decompose more slowly than in air, and apparently significantly so.

For the most part it's been hot and humid for several weeks.

These pictures are great.

I wonder how that gravel felt on her bare feet? Must have been very difficult to walk on. I wonder if that is what threw off her routine. Things may have been ok until she realized there was no way she was making it across that gravel lot with no shoes - or at least not very quickly or steadily.

Great point - I was thinking about that, walking bare foot in those alleys and on gravel..... considering all the drinking that goes on, I wonder how much broken glass, and how out-of-it one would have to be to walk barefoot.

I also wonder about those who were with her - didn't they care that she had no shoes on, that she might cut her feet?!!! Were they all so boozed up too?

Highs between 74-95 degrees. The temperature of the water in the creek would be a factor, too.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KIND/2011/6/4/MonthlyHistory.html

Interesting reading on the forensics of bodies found in water.

http://www.dundee.ac.uk/forensicmedicine/notes/water.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member