IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they brought the dogs to 10th and College? To Smallwood? To the landfill? This search happened much later than the initial searches of 5 North and JW's. This was after they knew everything we talk about here.
If they didn't suspect him, they would not have wasted time and resources searching.

There was a photo in the HT of LE leaving 5 North with dogs, so yes, they did take dogs to 5 North, and I know they inspected 5 North early in the investigation.

I do not know if 10th and College Apts. have been searched. If I were LE, however, I wouldn't hesitate because someone is not on video.

The quote that really struck me was:
After going to Kilroy's bar with Rossman, where she left her cellphone and shoes, they returned to her building. When they got there, Rossman was confronted by a group that included at least one buddy of Spierer's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff.

I would have thought that the (mis)perception that there was a friend of JWs in the altercation with CR would have been cleared up by now, but apparently it is still being reported. Imagine that.

http://www.jconline.com/article/201...ce-says?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

MB gave those details to HT and HT relayed those details long before the attorney did.
It is a pre-lawyer version.

More important is the fact that since the attorney for JR entered the picture a new watered down version of MB's account has surfaced.

Imo JR's going to try and back-peddle out of this 4:30 LS leave time by saying he got the time wrong and it was actually 3:30.

This is an interesting post to read:
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - Indiana University sophomore Lauren Spierer was so incapacitated as she left her apartment building the morning she went missing that she stumbled out of her elevator, fell against a wall and had to be helped to her feet by a male friend who led her out of the building, a person who saw the video evidence said Thursday.

The evidence contradicts statements by friend Corey Rossman's lawyer, who said Spierer helped his client walk home June 3 after he was punched in the face and suffered memory loss.

"As for this idea that she was Florence Nightingale and taking him back because she was concerned, she wasn't in any condition to take care of herself, let alone another human being," said the source, one of scores of people who have seen the evidence but who was only willing to comment anonymously. "She couldn't even stand up on her own. I have difficulty with this individual (Rossman) saying he can't remember anything when he's the guy who picked her up and took her out of the building."

http://www.jconline.com/article/201...ce-says?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

First it says led out of the building-then later says carried out-which is it???

I've had a problem with the conflicting reports of LS's intentions vs. her appearance.

1. If her intentions were to go put CR to bed, I'd think that she couldn't have really been THAT out of it.

2. If she was really THAT out of it, then would she really be wanting to go out for more drugs? If she's foaming at the mouth, falling down on her knees, and needing to be scooped up by a boy and helped out of the building, would she really be even asking MB to party, less than an hour later, and presumably two hours later maybe going to a DD's house for more? I don't think so.

I think it's one or the other - she was not a "messed up" as described, and ready for more action -possibly went out to the DD's house for more - or she was really really messed up and OD'd at 5 North. Honestly, if she was THAT bad, I can't imagine that she was even capable of leaving JR's 2 hours later, nor that he would have allowed it.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201107...d-get-home?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage
I think this story supports your statement she was in no condition to do anything 2 hrs. later.I just do do go along with the OD scenario.It makes no sense instead of having to explain why a girl OD in your apartment you are going to leave yourself in the position of being the last person to see here alive.If they "panicked" they would have put her body in the ally and just claimed she must have died on her walk home.They would want the body to be found.People hide body's because it will show what was done to them.Statistically speaking how many cases can you point to where someone has OD and the people transport the body to some remote location.Compared to cases where a girl puts herself in a vulnerable position and some guys take advantage of it.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201107...d-get-home?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage
I think this story supports your statement she was in no condition to do anything 2 hrs. later.I just do do go along with the OD scenario.It makes no sense instead of having to explain why a girl OD in your apartment you are going to leave yourself in the position of being the last person to see here alive.If they "panicked" they would have put her body in the ally and just claimed she must have died on her walk home.They would want the body to be found.People hide body's because it will show what was done to them.Statistically speaking how many cases can you point to where someone has OD and the people transport the body to some remote location.Compared to cases where a girl puts herself in a vulnerable position and some guys take advantage of it.

As much as I really really hate this idea and scenario, yes it make the most sense. If she OD'ed, why not just dump her on the street to make it look like she started walking home? Especially if you are going to implicate yourself as the last person to see her anyway???

... about 10th and College. There are 2 different buildings, am I correct? One is the apartments, and the other..? Someone mentioned that the entrances on the one that ZO resides in may not have been on camera.

There are 3 buildings in the immediate area all run by the same rental company, Cedarview. http://www.cedarviewapts.com/index.php?page=community&comid=79

Tenth & College, 601 N. College (ZO and AB live here, I believe), Tenth and College Village, 602 N. Morton St. (I think AA lives here), and Morton Mansions, 532 N. Morton St. Morton Mansions has a pool-- is that the pool one passes when heading north up the alley from Smallwood?

All 3 buildings have this in their description: "Secured entry building with state of the art video security system."

All 3 buildings have reserved onsite and offsite parking.

To Tony Gatto:

If I recall, you had posted a while ago that sources told you that CR ran out of the building on his own, then LS followed. Now you are saying that sources have described her appearance similarly to the guy who viewed the video, showing her stumbling out of the elevator and falling on her knees, needing to be helped up by a companion.

My question is: Do you think the story is changing and that the initial sources weren't correct? I have a hard time believing that if she was really that messed up, she'd have the frame of mind to go after CR (if he'd already left the building), after just having to be helped up by a "companion". I'm wondering if the original report wasn't true, and if the companion who helped her up wasn't CR. Can you elaborate on what you've been told please?

I did have one person telling me that CR bolted. Not a totally reliable source, which is why I haven't reported it it in any article. That's all. The rest was speculation on my part. But this new source in the LoHud story I believe negates my theory. Right now it looks like LS did not go after CR, as I had theorized, nor did she put him to bed. I think it was CR who was with her, but have no independent knowledge. I think he gets hit, everybody scrambles, there's chaos, he just took a punch in the head and is dazed, everybody is drunk and stoned and falling...especially LS and I think this new source tells us that CR and LS left Smallwood together (read: scrambled out the front door), but not like they walked out the door la-day-da. And IMO, at this point anyway, CR is seen stumbling with LS up the alley (the activity) at 2:51am.

Not Nvrmind on my question-i was having technical difficulties! Nvrmind editing...too late 2 turn back.

Indiana University sophomore Lauren Spierer was so incapacitated ... that she stumbled out of her elevator, fell against a wall and had to be helped to her feet by a male friend who led her out of the building, a person who saw the video evidence told The Journal News today. "She couldn't even stand up on her own. I have difficulty with this individual (Rossman) saying he can't remember anything when he's the guy who picked her up and took her out of the building" [said the source].

Police have not publicized contents of the video, saying only that it shows Spierer and an acquaintance entering Smallwood Plaza about 2:30 a.m. and leaving some 15 minutes later. Another video surveillance camera, in an alleyway a few hundred yards up the street, captured footage of her and an acquaintance walking toward Rossman's building a few minutes later.

If I didn't know better -- and sometimes I don't -- I'd suspect the "source" for this article could be a thin-skinned LE-type who has more "difficulty" with the victim's extended family & their prodding (read criticism) regarding landfill searches and other related matters than anything CR may/may not have said.

Neither the source nor the story indicate whether LS & CR were the sole occupants of the elevator. Was LS pushed or jostled by CR and/or others as she emerged from the elevator?

Next, I dispute Cohen's (Shawn Cohen, LoHud author of the article quoted above) conclusion that the clip, as described by his "source", necessarily "contradicts statements by friend Corey Rossman's lawyer [that] Spierer helped his client walk home" for the simple fact of video evidence which already confirms both LS and CR were ambulatory enough to "walk" the "few hundred yards" between Smallwood and 5 North minutes after LS was allegedly "unable to stand up on her own."

Otherwise, I see little probative value in such leaks but a bully's opportunity to intimidate family critics, i.e., Diss us? Smear you! under the pretext of doubting CR's account.

What I recall her saying is that there was no chance LS was involved with anyone else.

I don't remember it that way, but I'm too tired to dig for the interview tonight. I remember being struck by HT's disdain for CR and her admiration of JW, though.

Imo JR's going to try and back-peddle out of this 4:30 LS leave time by saying he got the time wrong and it was actually 3:30.

I don't see how JR can back-peddle out of his timeline because of the 4:15 am phone call supposedly from LS to DR.

I don't see how JR can back-peddle out of his timeline because of the 4:15 am phone call supposedly from LS to DR.

You said it...supposedly.
No one answered that call..if you believe the attorney.
JR said that LS borrowed his phone to call DR.

...If she OD'ed, why not just dump her on the street to make it look like she started walking home? ...

Well I think that one would be rather obvious. No body, no crime. What would be the point of dumping body on a street? Toxicology screen could be done, and so what exactly would be accomplished that way? Not saying that anyone did anything, but I fail to see what would be accomplished by dumping a body on a street.

Excellent thinking, phantomthought. You are so right. JR would definitely want the body to be found if she OD'd. Who wants to be the last person to see a person who subsequently disappeared?

So, does this mean that the possibilities are that 1.LS was taken advantage of by someone at JR's and died or 2. LS really did leave JR's and something happened to her after that?

I fail to see any reason for anyone to want a dead body found on the street. The police obviously would be trying to back track where the body came from. So what would be accomplished by dumping a body on the street?

Well I think that one would be rather obvious. No body, no crime. What would be the point of dumping body on a street? Toxicology screen could be done, and so what exactly would be accomplished that way? Not saying that anyone did anything, but I fail to see what would be accomplished by dumping a body on a street.

Why not just call 911? MB (sober, we assume) could just say that she was stoned when she arrived at his apartment.

As much as I really really hate this idea and scenario, yes it make the most sense. If she OD'ed, why not just dump her on the street to make it look like she started walking home? Especially if you are going to implicate yourself as the last person to see her anyway???

The only problem I see with that is,they would want to know where the drugs came from and if someone gave it to her without her knowledge.There could be a charge for either one.Selling or giving drugs to someone that causes them to OD is murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003