IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jupiter812 and Btown!

You guys are awesome!! Thanks for everything you are doing!

:woohoo: :woohoo:

7 weeks later:

how many manhours have been spent searching since then?
how much money has bent spent in those 7 weeks?
how much evidence has been lost?
how do the Spierers get back that time spent worrying?

BPD had better have a really good explanation.

Who would have thought, 2 months ago, that we would all be practically giddy at the thought of searching for a body in a landfill? :(:(:( :sick:

So glad the FBI is involved and they're checking the landfill. So sad it's come to this and that it took this long.

Who would have thought, 2 months ago, that we would all be practically giddy at the thought of searching for a body in a landfill? :(:(:( :sick:

We are just hoping they find LS.
ASAP.
:twocents:

So it is two months exactly now? It seems even longer, I hate to say, probably because of the lack of news.

I am sorry to be dense, but is a search of landfill "on" for later in the week? Or is that a rumor? Thanks...

So it is two months exactly now? It seems even longer, I hate to say, probably because of the lack of news.

I am sorry to be dense, but is a search of landfill "on" for later in the week? Or is that a rumor? Thanks...

yes...the landfill search is a go starting later in the week. She went missing June3rd. Tomorrow will be 2 months, it seems so much longer to me too.

yes...the landfill search is a go starting later in the week. She went missing June3rd. Tomorrow will be 2 months, it seems so much longer to me too.

To me, it seems like she and Holly B. went missing around the same time, for some reason...

Well, thank goodness searches are coming up...I just never get too hopeful, I am always surprised anymore when anyone IS found...

Friendly reminder that there is supposed to be another report in moments on WTHR.

From http://www.wthr.com/story/15195963/spierer-case-search-warrant-obtained-for-landfill

"A few weeks after 20-year-old IU student Lauren Spierer disappeared, documents obtained exclusively by Eyewitness News show that on June 16th the Bloomington Police Department requested a search warrant of a landfill in southern Vigo County about eight miles south of Terre Haute.

"The court would not confirm if the warrant is for the Spierer search, or if a judge has signed off on the warrant."
(emphasis mine)

Sounds like BPD requested the warrant but it might not have been signed by a judge until recently. Maybe the judge told BPD they needed more information for probable cause to search the landfill. Perhaps BPD (or the FBI) has now obtained enough information to get the warrant signed.

This would certainly explain why the Spierers asked people not to protest at the motorcycle ride and why they have released statements that they fully support BPD's investigation.

Let's face it, BPD has been working this case since June 4. They have mountains of information that we are not privy to. And it could be that someone has finally come forward and given them some information that has given them enough probable cause for the search.

OR maybe BPD has been talking to the POI's lawyers, telling them that the landfill is about to be searched and the POI who talks first will get a deal (you know, like Law & Order :winko:.)

Hoping the search is more than just because they have run out of places to look...but still, it needs to be done, whatever the driving force.

From http://www.wthr.com/story/15195963/spierer-case-search-warrant-obtained-for-landfill

"A few weeks after 20-year-old IU student Lauren Spierer disappeared, documents obtained exclusively by Eyewitness News show that on June 16th the Bloomington Police Department requested a search warrant of a landfill in southern Vigo County about eight miles south of Terre Haute.

"The court would not confirm if the warrant is for the Spierer search, or if a judge has signed off on the warrant."
(emphasis mine)

Sounds like BPD requested the warrant but it might not have been signed by a judge until recently. Maybe the judge told BPD they needed more information for probable cause to search the landfill. Perhaps BPD (or the FBI) has now obtained enough information to get the warrant signed.

This would certainly explain why the Spierers asked people not to protest at the motorcycle ride and why they have released statements that they fully support BPD's investigation.

Let's face it, BPD has been working this case since June 4. They have mountains of information that we are not privy to. And it could be that someone has finally come forward and given them some information that has given them enough probable cause for the search.

OR maybe BPD has been talking to the POI's lawyers, telling them that the landfill is about to be searched and the POI who talks first will get a deal (you know, like Law & Order :winko:.)

thanks for putting it in perspective, thanks wasn't enough!

here's the link:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/208180112562676
good luck trying to find it - lol not the most organized place in the world...

And from what I remembered, it was total rampant speculation since they were contemplating why the Spierer's shut down the protest of the BPD about the landfill search, or at least that is how I read it at the time.

Not the comments I referred to a few nights ago, one of which I managed to find and link to. Those were not "total rampant speculation."

any updates on the new news for the for us out of towners on tv tonight?

Not the comments I referred to a few nights ago, one of which I managed to find and link to. Those were not "total rampant speculation."

Sorry Jupiter, I don't remember reading any that weren't but I may not have gone to the link you posted - since I had already read some that I thought were merely speculative. So you may be right - I'll go have a look a little later.

I should have noted in my original post that the story is dated July 20. I was trying to confirm that the landfill has GPS and can pinpoint areas where garbage from a certain area has been placed.

That was one of the more informative articles, TY. It did say though that both IU and the city use the same one landfill; contrary to today's report.

Abbey, here is one of the posts from the LS:CS FB grouop:

[poster's initials MM] JMO- After reading the post from [poster's initials CR] about Lauren's parents not wanting pressure on BPD and wanting the prosecutor to work with them, I believe the police know what happened. I believe Lauren OD and the boy or boys panicked and hid her body. I think the prosecuter and lawyers are working on a deal and Lauren's parents are hoping the prosecutor will go along with the terms so they can take Lauren home.

I think this is purely speculative? You have every right to disagree with me, but I think this is trying to come up with rational reasons why the Spieriers were asking them not to protest the BPD. I hear the words "I think" in there...

I hope we'll hear from Tony soon - I would think he's managed to pull some sources together throughout his time investigating and reporting on this case.

If anyone out there - Jupiter? - has the specific comment thread from Facebook referring to the potential deal between prosecutors, lawyers, and POI it would be great if you could post the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003