IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the police are so confident they have searched all off Bloomington she had to be transported out of town somehow.That means either a vehicle or a dumpster.Since the police have not searched the landfill,released pictures of the POI cars to see if the public saw them that night or of vehicles that were caught on the many cameras around town so the public can identify them just as they did with the white truck it makes me wonder what they are doing to investigate this case.

I'm questioning why LE is unable to search the landfill, why it is too dangerous? I don't mean this to be negative or a derogatory comment against LE or anyone else. I've never seen the landfill so I honestly don't understand the reason behind that.

I wonder if NecroSearch would be able to do a search. Seems less likely to be searching for a "needle in a haystack" with their assistance. imo

By stating I have never heard of LE saying a landfill was too dangerous to search doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

I was without internet for a couple days and it was killing me not being able to get on here and keep up with the news. It is so sad that there is still no new news:( everything in me believes more will come out when school starts back up...it just has to

So glad you're back while you've been gone nothing significant has occured but we are all here hoping......and

While you were having :silly: we jumped on a :rollercoaster: and some of us :whoosh: while others :slapfight: or :pullhair: but in the end we are all still here at our :computer: :websleuther:

Since the police are so confident they have searched all off Bloomington she had to be transported out of town somehow.That means either a vehicle or a dumpster.Since the police have not searched the landfill,released pictures of the POI cars to see if the public saw them that night or of vehicles that were caught on the many cameras around town so the public can identify them just as they did with the white truck it makes me wonder what they are doing to investigate this case.

Agreed. I keep coming back to an experienced disposer person who took her out of town. The landfill search "threat" didn't shake out any info that we know of. LE may be incompetent--I don't know. Their MO didn't work with Jill B. and it appears to be failing once again.

FWIW I heard the FBI signed off on everything they're doing or not doing.

Agreed. I keep coming back to an experienced disposer person who took her out of town. The landfill search "threat" didn't shake out any info that we know of. LE may be incompetent--I don't know. Their MO didn't work with Jill B. and it appears to be failing once again.

FWIW I heard the FBI signed off on everything they're doing or not doing.

OK, I'm prepared to start a :pillowfight: when I say this however somtimes a :pillowfight2: is fun.

Here goes, I wonder why Le doesn't do a little shake up on those involved. What do they have on them as far as drugs. If they have anything they can use to gets these kids in and talking then they should do it. Sure they all have lawyers but someone just might start talking....jat and probably nago

Another letter that is one step away from basically naming names and pointing fingers.

Indianagirl-not sure if you can answer this so I understand if you cannot, but are we being too hard on HT in your opinion?

I dont think you are being too hard on HT. I dont suspect that she was involved, but i Think she knows key pieces of information that she is not sharing.

So glad you're back while you've been gone nothing significant has occured but we are all here hoping......and

While you were having :silly: we jumped on a :rollercoaster: and some of us :whoosh: while others :slapfight: or :pullhair: but in the end we are all still here at our :computer: :websleuther:

LMBO! Im glad to be a part of WS.....i just wish we all had something not so tragic to discuss

woah anyone else get the feeling CS was calling out JR (last person to see her) in her latest message?

I dont think you are being too hard on HT. I dont suspect that she was involved, but i Think she knows key pieces of information that she is not sharing.

Based on what would you write something like that? What is there to suggest that she knows something that she is not sharing?

I think the criticisms of HT are not based on anything real and are simply ridiculous. Some simply dislike the way she gave the TV interviews, I have no idea why.

Unless you have something to tell us to justify this opinion that "she knows key pieces of information that she is not sharing".

Based on what would you write something like that? What is there to suggest that she knows something that she is not sharing?

I think the criticisms of HT are not based on anything real and are simply ridiculous. Some simply dislike the way she gave the TV interviews, I have no idea why.

Unless you have something to tell us to justify this opinion that "she knows key pieces of information that she is not sharing".

This is a close knit group of people. To these girls, being in with this crowd of guys is crucial for their popularity. I think HT is keeping quiet about something (i do not know what, as i was not there) that occurred that night. I can only speculate so far as to specifics.

Maybe she knew LS was taking certain drugs and knows that JR or whoever supplied them. Maybe she knows something about CR and this alleged punch and altercation in SW.

I just think that if I were HT and LS were my friend, I myself would be begging JR to come forward. But it seems that HT is downright defending him, while CS and many other media outlets are BEGGING JR to come forward.

It just doesnt seem right.

Here's a link to the Indy Channel

I have to say that I'm stunned at some of the comments on this story. People can really be ugly and cruel.

This is a close knit group of people. To these girls, being in with this crowd of guys is crucial for their popularity. I think HT is keeping quiet about something (i do not know what, as i was not there) that occurred that night. I can only speculate so far as to specifics.

Maybe she knew LS was taking certain drugs and knows that JR or whoever supplied them. Maybe she knows something about CR and this alleged punch and altercation in SW.

I just think that if I were HT and LS were my friend, I myself would be begging JR to come forward. But it seems that HT is downright defending him, while CS and many other media outlets are BEGGING JR to come forward.

It just doesnt seem right.

Well dont forget that the last POI to see LS (JR) has a highly regarded criminal defense attorney representing him. There is no way he would say anything unless his attorney approves it at this stage. My guess is simply that HT believes that JR told the truth. I dont find it surprising that she would believe his story. She was not there, but he is her friend and she trusts him. I dont think that HT can be blamed for believing her friends version. Even if many dont buy that version (including myself).

Now, regarding the punch on CR, I am sure the police have interviewed the people involved and must know more than they let out. Somehow, I dont think HT knows anything that could solve the case. However, there are 1 or 2 POIs though that may well know and are not talking.

Here's a link to the Indy Channel

I have to say that I'm stunned at some of the comments on this story. People can really be ugly and cruel.

Yea i was disgusted with a comment over there myself. No matter what Lauren did or didnt do that night she did not deserve this! And her family doesnt deserve the suffering.

I'm questioning why LE is unable to search the landfill, why it is too dangerous? I don't mean this to be negative or a derogatory comment against LE or anyone else. I've never seen the landfill so I honestly don't understand the reason behind that.

I wonder if NecroSearch would be able to do a search. Seems less likely to be searching for a "needle in a haystack" with their assistance. imo

By stating I have never heard of LE saying a landfill was too dangerous to search doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

I don't follow this thread normally, but I happened to peek in and saw this question about the landfill. I remember WSers collected a good bit of information about landfill searches in Gabriel Johnson's case; I'm not sure whether you followed that one. I don't know anything about the particular landfill involved with the search for LS, but I remember lots of discussion about how dangerous it is, in general, for the people and dogs who search. They normally have to have a pretty strong reason for searching.

I don't know how interested you are in the subject generally, but you might find some interesting material there.

Gabe landfill searches thread

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4848874&postcount=158"]Link to a youtube video I remembered posting in Gabe's case showing a landfill search (unrelated case)[/ame]

... If I were the Spierer family, I'd spring for a PI to work the case in Michigan, around the area where JR and his family are from.

Don't immediately start searching the myriad lakes and bodies of water around that area (the HBO series 'Hung' is filmed not far from JR's Michigan residence, despite being portrayed as being "Downriver"). Circulate, mingle, drink at spots that JR and his family/friends might frequent, and just listen, see what's up....

Agreed. I just returned from vacation in Oakland County, MI. I had to pick up a friend at a satellite hospital in West Bloomfield (where JR's from) and checked out some nearby lakes. Even the smaller ones (Pine, Duck, etc.) are pretty built up, but there are lots of marshy areas nearby. I suspect kids play in those, but if someone had private access to these lakes ... you get my drift.

Another thing that struck me is how many unoccupied (i.e., foreclosed) houses there are in north Oakland County and nearby Macomb County. MI is in a bad place economically, and some people are just leaving their houses if they can't sell them (sad). I doubt JR would know these people personally, but it might be possible to hide a body on the properties. I'm not talking Detroit here ... rather, more rural areas to the north/northeast.

Anyhow, I was hoping the case would break while I was gone. Still hoping for something, anything ...

After watching "Nightmare Next Store" about Katie Sepich I couldn't help but think of Lauren's case. It really makes me think again about Lauren being taken by a stranger and not one of the POI's.

The way Katie's boyfriend seemed like the one who did it - refusing to submit his DNA, getting a lawyer... even the way he first told one story, then reveal he actually followed Katie home the night she went missing - all had LE believing he had to be the one to have taken her outside her home as she tried to enter in thru a window because she left her pocket book, keys, and cellphone at the party she was at late that night...

Well, if you get a chance to see the show, check it out...
http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=141.15379.129699.39406.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot