IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe such a connection is "likely." And, the chance that aepi would have a dance in that barn is zilch imo.

I disagree, from personal knowledge. Jewish people play a game called "Jewish geography", finding other Jews they know in common. It's unlikely that there are any Jews living in Martinsville, but not surprising that if there actually is a Jewish family there, that they've developed a connection to others in B'ton.

Also, as for the barn location being used for a party, it is very common these days to use an odd facility for a party. I used to work in the arts/cultural world, and they loved to host parties in unusual, but cool, spots. I actually had to work a party that was held in a brand new, high-end mausoleum. That the AEPis would have a barn dance in an actual barn surprises me not in the least. It is a straight shot up Hwy 37. No big deal.
FWIW, I attended an AEPi formal party a million years ago at the hotel in French Lick Springs, IN, where they filmed the movie, The Shining.

Weren't we just saying she probably just has one or two metal keys? You have enough cash/cards/coins/etc a wallet can be pretty heavy too. Point is, it's entirely possible that you can put the wallet/keys on a railing; we really have no good basis to suggest it's false.

No, JW and workroom keys were my suggestions as to others types of keys she could have. I actually envision 3-4 keys total, just because. LE has described it as "keys" plural. But yes, three keys could balance out the other side. However, based on my experience at stores, restaurants, etc. students use debit cards for the majority of purchases, even items for approx. one dollar. They carry very little or no cash/coins. We don't know the size of this coin/card purse but what she's holding in her left hand in the photo could be this purse and it looks larger than the ones in your photo. OTHO it has been called "small." It's all relative!

Did I leave anything out, lol? If so, I can live with that. Good thing my hand is not on a bible, heh?

I don't think it's possible to plant the phone. Sports doesn't open until 4PM.

Ok, so the next day would be out. So, why would it be so important to someone that Lauren's cell phone be found at the bar, other than the fact that the 4:15am phone call that HT is certain came from someone elses phone and it that it was Lauren calling because she didn't have her own phone on her?

FWIW, I attended an AEPi formal party a million years ago at the hotel in French Lick Springs, IN, where they filmed the movie, The Shining.

This is irrelevant, but while the West Baden Springs Hotel may be reminiscent of the Overlook Hotel in The Shining, the exterior of the hotel is the Timberline Lodge in Oregon, and all the interiors were shot on film studio sets.

Ok, so the next day would be out. So, why would it be so important to someone that Lauren's cell phone be found at the bar, other than the fact that the 4:15am phone call that HT is certain came from someone elses phone and it that it was Lauren calling because she didn't have her own phone on her?

I think the problem here is your assumption the phone was planted. I think a better reading of CS's statement is that she got messed up after 12:15, so much so that she left it behind at the bar and didn't have it with her when she theoretically could have used it to call for help.

I disagree, from personal knowledge. Jewish people play a game called "Jewish geography", finding other Jews they know in common. It's unlikely that there are any Jews living in Martinsville, but not surprising that if there actually is a Jewish family there, that they've developed a connection to others in B'ton.

Also, as for the barn location being used for a party, it is very common these days to use an odd facility for a party. I used to work in the arts/cultural world, and they loved to host parties in unusual, but cool, spots. I actually had to work a party that was held in a brand new, high-end mausoleum. That the AEPis would have a barn dance in an actual barn surprises me not in the least. It is a straight shot up Hwy 37. No big deal.

Oookay. Do you know this is not a quaint barn like what you see near a covered bridge. This was a building behind a pole barn like structures in a residential community. Just so you know. Nothing brand new, unusual, or cool about it. "Non descript" is how I would probably describe it--but I've only seen pictures of it.

Another thing that has bothered me, is the fact that when LS and CR got to Smallwood, it was as if someone KNEW they would be coming, it was almost like a blitz attack on CR. How odd is it that three guys would be right there waiting for them at just that time?

I don't think it's possible to plant the phone. Sports doesn't open until 4PM.

This is dependent on where the shoes and phone were found. The outdoor beach part has an iron fence around it, but would be accessible from the sidewalk around it at all hours.

Cell records should be able to tell where her phone was during those hours, however, so I don't think those items being planted at the bar later is very likely.

This is irrelevant, but while the West Baden Springs Hotel may be reminiscent of the Overlook Hotel in The Shining, the exterior of the hotel is the Timberline Lodge in Oregon, and all the interiors were shot on film studio sets.

wow - not completely irrelevant because it tells ya that even that claim was just another pile of more AEPi frat bs. That and the town's name was surely meant to "work" on us unsuspecting and receptive coed ditzoids. My date was very nice, however.

As I said a few posts ago, I returned to the gravel lot today to check it out against my thoughts and such. (Sorry, getting tired...) I've been of the opinion lately that LS would have turned left at the end of the alley to take the paved route (this parallels where the keys were put on the rail), then turn north and walk on brick sidewalk to 5 North. But to do this she would be on camera for the "paved route" segment. So back to the gravel drive she goes which would be a continuation of the direction she walked while in the alley.

For a vehicle and a few people to pull off an abduction or accosting undetected they could enter the gravel lot from any direction but south of the lot.

Since we are being off-topic, yet correct, it's the French Lick Hotel that looks like the fictional Overlook Hotel on the interior. The West Baden Springs Hotel is separate, although close by. They were both recently renovated (thanks in large part to Bloomington's late Bill Cook) and are now owned by the same company.

They are both fabulous, no longer creepy and worth the trip if you haven't been in awhile. Just had to add this since I was there yesterday! :cool:

Back to sleuthing...

Oookay. Do you know this is not a quaint barn like what you see near a covered bridge. This was a building behind a pole barn like structures in a residential community. Just so you know. Nothing brand new, unusual, or cool about it. "Non descript" is how I would probably describe it--but I've only seen pictures of it.

I know nothing about the barn other than what I'm finding online. Is it the barn behind Morgan County Feed 349 EAST WALNUT STREET, MARTINSVILLE,IN 46151, which is listed upon google search as the sawmill that burned down? Because a google-search also led me to an advertisement of the Morgan Cty Feed Business that looks like it came straight out of central casting: http://localcoupondeals.com/Accounts/7/1115/93524.pdf?order_id=93524

As I said a few posts ago, I returned to the gravel lot today to check it out against my thoughts and such. (Sorry, getting tired...) I've been of the opinion lately that LS would have turned left at the end of the alley to take the paved route (this parallels where the keys were put on the rail), then turn north and walk on brick sidewalk to 5 North. But to do this she would be on camera for the "paved route" segment.

Well then we know she didn't do that because she wasn't captured on camera. This is consistent with my theory that CR carried her over the gravel (isn't his apt closer to the alley than the sidewalk?), and she lost her keys in the process - they didn't have to be lost right by the railing to have been placed there later - which were reportedly found just a few minutes later.

So back to the gravel drive she goes which would be a continuation of the direction she walked while in the alley.

Why would she be avoiding a camera?

I mean, why the need to plant the phone, that's where I am at the moment.

Before I address this, I do not suspect JW, but I think it could be argued that if she lost her phone and shoes at the bar, then later lost her purse and keys, one (many of us) would assume she was so drunk/drugged that she likely OD'd or died of a heart problem due to the effects. There has been ZERO confirmation of this.....just some rumors from students, along with these "clues". If you took away these clues, more of us would probably believe it could have been a random attack, or murder by a POI. If some random girl goes missing, most people think of rape/murder scenarios - ODing is generally not the first thought across MY mind. These clues however, appear to be demonstrative of her state of being that night. We can assume this to be the case based on rumors but what if these clues are deflections? Could be argued that JW, ZO, or AB planted them there for that reason...

Before I address this, I do not suspect JW, but I think it could be argued that if she lost her phone and shoes at the bar, then later lost her purse and keys, one (many of us) would assume she was so drunk/drugged that she likely OD'd or died of a heart problem due to the effects. There has been ZERO confirmation of this.....just some rumors from students, along with these "clues". If you took away these clues, more of us would probably believe it could have been a random attack, or murder by a POI. If some random girl goes missing, most people think of rape/murder scenarios - ODing is generally not the first thought across MY mind. These clues however, appear to be demonstrative of her state of being that night. We can assume this to be the case based on rumors but what if these clues are deflections? Could be argued that JW, ZO, or AB planted them there for that reason...

Very true, and abuse of a corpse comes to mind.

Sports doesn't open until 4? That's sort of interesting, because HT mentioned in one of the lohud.com articles that JW called her and came to get her keys from her on campus at around 2 so he could look for LS-- because HT had a class and couldn't go herself. He became alarmed when he got a call from Sports saying her phone was there, I thought.

I've worked in restaurants and bars, and I guess it's possible that someone was there at 2:00 -- maybe a manager and the phone was in a lost-and-found in the office -- but in my experience, people don't usually start coming in until an hour before opening. If Sports opens at 4, the timing seems odd.

EDIT: I looked and looked for the article and could not find it on Lohud.com -- it was deleted. I did find other references to it, and they quote from the article -- Hadar Tamir did say that it was around 2 when Jesse came by for the key.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-139717-p-3.html
http://*************.net/index.php?topic=10312.200

"Jesse was texting Lauren the next day to see where she was, but he got no answer because the bar had her phone," Tamir said. "After a few texts, the bar texted Jesse back saying your friend left her phone here, tell her to come get it."
Tamir said that's when Wolff contacted her and one of her girlfriends, "asking us if we heard from her."
"We both said we didn't," she said, "and I was in class so he asked me if he could come get my key from me just to check if she was still sleeping in the apartment because it was around 2 p.m. then, and we all sleep late."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7