IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always figured JR drove LS's body back to Michigan with him when he packed up and left Bloomington that day and then put her in one of the numerous bodies of water around his hometown

Hopping off the freeway and putting LS in a river near Indy is smarter than Michigan for JR, find her in Michigan and there's a lot more of a nexus to JR.

Too bad the police couldn't wiretap and 24/7 surveil JR and the other POI's right before and especially in the days after making public the discovery of this body in this body of water.

The guilty party likely suddenly started spending more time on the phone with his attorney and in his lawyer's office--long before anyone else knows whether or not it's Lauren, the person who put her there would know and take action accordingly.

Regardless, if it is Lauren, the circumstantial case combined with actually having a body and thus ruling out LS simply being a missing person/runaway means the police can bring in some of the POI's and see if they can get one to talk.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if JR's the one to cut a deal before CR or MB think to do it.

Would this imply there is no hair on the skull?

Hair DNA (mitochondrial DNA) is not as reliable I think. The fact that they are extracting a tooth for the skull and sending it for further analysis, strongly suggests that it is LS in my opinion. Why? Because it is likely that they are sending it for DNA analysis to confirm it belonged to LS. If the preliminary review of her dental records was not a match, there would be no reason to go to the next step (tooth extraction and DNA analysis). To me it sounds very likely that this is LS.

Of course, I may be very wrong.

I always figured JR drove LS's body back to Michigan with him when he packed up and left Bloomington that day and then put her in one of the numerous bodies of water around his hometown

Hopping off the freeway and putting LS in a river near Indy is smarter than Michigan for JR, find her in Michigan and there's a lot more of a nexus to JR.

Too bad the police couldn't wiretap and 24/7 surveil JR and the other POI's right before and especially in the days after making public the discovery of this body in this body of water.

The guilty party likely suddenly started spending more time on the phone with his attorney and in his lawyer's office--long before anyone else knows whether or not it's Lauren, the person who put her there would know and take action accordingly.

Regardless, if it is Lauren, the circumstantial case combined with actually having a body and thus ruling out LS simply being a missing person/runaway means the police can bring in some of the POI's and see if they can get one to talk.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if JR's the one to cut a deal before CR or MB think to do it.

I've had that thought (that JR or DB took LS to MI somehow), but it would definitely up the risk if she was found there. Also, though there are TONS of lakes in Oakland and Washtenaw counties, many of them are quite developed (housing wise). I'd think that a safer spot would be in one of the big parks with water west of Ann Arbor.

A body of water with Indy ties makes much more sense in terms of diverting blame.

I don't remember why, but I remember several people saying she would be found near Indianapolis. I wish I could find those posts because I remember there being several reasons which I am assuming were related to whomever these individuals suspected.

There was one person who thought Lauren Spierer would be found in this river in Indianapolis. Everyone else thought that person was daft. Please keep your day jobs and I have no plans to be a detective or look at other cases.
Next, if this is LS? I suspect the rest of her will be found upstream towards 82nd Street. And, I suspect rape-murder not drug OD. Poor girl! You will find a way to out the bad boys. Please may this end soon!

There was one person who thought Lauren Spierer would be found in this river in Indianapolis. Everyone else thought that person was daft. Please keep your day jobs and I have no plans to be a detective or look at other cases.
Next, if this is LS? I suspect the rest of her will be found upstream towards 82nd Street. And, I suspect rape-murder not drug OD. Poor girl! You will find a way to out the bad boys. Please may this end soon!

I agree with the you. The OD theory never made sense to me. Like you, I think this was most likely rape-murder.

On what basis do you suspect she was raped and murdered? There isn't one shard of evidence to support that. Further what evidence is there that she would be brought to 82nd street in Indianapolis? You say a lot of things without basis and yet claim it's logical. Please show us how you arrived at this conclusion.

The pony tail of black hair in a bag near the location where the skull was found is so bizarre! Seems logical that it's connected to the skull but logic isn't necessarily the path to follow. I mean, what is this location? A killing place?

This is a good video of the area.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-whit...ound-in-white-river-20120709,0,3838509.column

I know blond hair can turn "black" after a long time in the water...was it in the water? I can't play the video, my speakers are out.

On what basis do you suspect she was raped and murdered? There isn't one shard of evidence to support that. Further what evidence is there that she would be brought to 82nd street in Indianapolis? You say a lot of things without basis and yet claim it's logical. Please show us how you arrived at this conclusion.

What cheek! Wow! I will not answer you and don't care what you think.
It would not help Lauren if I did.

I know blond hair can turn "black" after a long time in the water...was it in the water? I can't play the video, my speakers are out.

Yes, it was found "further up the river." It was a pony tail and "a clump of hair" in a plastic bag.

(Lauren appears to have her hair pulled back in the June 3 security cam photo of her leaving Smallwood, although it looks like it is tied back loosely.)

The pony tail of black hair in a bag near the location where the skull was found is so bizarre! Seems logical that it's connected to the skull but logic isn't necessarily the path to follow. I mean, what is this location? A killing place?

This is a good video of the area.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-whit...ound-in-white-river-20120709,0,3838509.column

If connected, it seems really methodical. It seems to me that the ponytail would have been separated from the skull either as 1) a means to further hinder identification or 2) an additional act of violence/anger. Which could have implications in terms of this case (if it's indeed LS').

I tried to research how hair changes color after separating from a body, with varying results. But if the hair was in a moist environment, even mold would turn it black, I'd think.

Something else the news reporter said in that segment is there is no sign of injury to the skull. I took this to mean the body separated from the skull on its own but he could have been referring to indentations (such as those by blunt object).

When I first heard about the pony tail weeks ago my immediate thought was, Someone put it there after the fact.

FWIW, if the perp wanted to hide the victim's ID they wouldn't throw the plastic bag in, if he acted alone that is, and of course if the two items are related.

P.S. I think it is more likely that the items were put in the river at or near the location where they were found rather than traveled together from upstream, adding the disclaimer again if they are related. What do you think?

If they new all that would be found would be bones maybe leaving the pony tail behind to be found was intentional as i have heard before your hair can show what type of drugs u have been putting in your body...Just a thought.

where does it say it is a match? all im seeing is that they are testing for a match.

Arrrgh! I look like a jerk but I swear it DID say that! But, yes; you are absolutely right it doesn't say that, not anymore because I just looked again and they've changed it! If you look down in the comments you can see where someone else even commented on 4/8 at 10:22 p.m. that it was a match! I'm sorry...I don't know what to say or think - The article I read was dated today, it was the most recent news article in my google search at 1:30 -ish am it was only a little over 3 hours old but now it seems to have been replaced...if that is possible.
I'm so sorry, I would never intentionally mislead like that especially about something like this! I'm really just at a loss because I was a little taken back by the article so I really read it and re-read to make sure I was really reading what I thought I was reading. Maybe they write articles for both outcomes on certain news stories and they posted the wrong one and quickly replaced it? I really don't even know but I feel an *advertiser censored* nonetheless.

Arrrgh! I look like a jerk but I swear it DID say that! But, yes; you are absolutely right it doesn't say that, not anymore because I just looked again and they've changed it! If you look down in the comments you can see where someone else even commented on 4/8 at 10:22 p.m. that it was a match! I'm sorry...I don't know what to say or think - The article I read was dated today, it was the most recent news article in my google search at 1:30 -ish am it was only a little over 3 hours old but now it seems to have been replaced...if that is possible.
I'm so sorry, I would never intentionally mislead like that especially about something like this! I'm really just at a loss because I was a little taken back by the article so I really read it and re-read to make sure I was really reading what I thought I was reading. Maybe they write articles for both outcomes on certain news stories and they posted the wrong one and quickly replaced it? I really don't even know but I feel an *advertiser censored* nonetheless.

Sometimes they make a mistake and they fix it. Thank you for posting the link anyway.

That has been my guess. That it is a match and thats why they extracted the tooth for DNA analysis to confirm it is her. But it is only a guess.

Oh her poor parents and sister...I can't stop thinking about them, waits like this must be torture. Why should it take so long? It is a month now; almost anything can be accomplished in that time these days. They could have checked the dental records within 2 days or so, and sent for DNA by the second week in July. I am hoping they did, and not just this past week. I am sure the Spierer family would even have paid any charges to get it expedited. Frustrating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95