IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible someone fessed up about what fake ID she was using and LE was able to obtain a copy of it from the issuing state. The fake ID itself, chain of custody, etc etc etc wouldn't be an issue for the case against Kilroy's allowing an underage person into the bar since video and witnesses leave that apparently not in dispute.

I was just thinking, and NW's recent comments almost remind me of HT's comments when LS first went missing. HT was by no means trying to speak negatively or smear Lauren, as I believe NW was. The comments have entirely different tones, but they do seem to both follow the idea that this night may not have been much different than any other night for Lauren, except that this time it "went too far" and now Lauren is gone.

HT's comment that "She is just a really fun and smart girl who loves hanging out and partying, and unfortunately it went too far this time." (http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/sear...ester-20110607)

NW speaks of LS supposedly having a substance abuse problem and says that the one night LS went out without Jesse to care for her, this happened (paraphrased).

So the very high level of inebriation may have been fairly typical on a night out for Lauren... the difference was on the night she disappeared Lauren was not with her girlfriends/roommate HT or with boyfriend JW. People who may have cared for her, took her home, or (I hope) may even have sought medical attention for Lauren. Instead, she was with these 5N boys, who do not appear to have lifted a finger to help her.

Also when re-reading an article from 2011 I was again reminded that JR knew HT as a good friend, and therefore through HT he also knew LS and had hosted LS at his apartment many times. CR and LS barely knew each other, having met only once the week prior. I am not clear on whether LS and MB had made acquaintance with each other at all-- perhaps they also met the week prior at the Indy 500. Maybe the reason that MB called JR/took LS to JR's at the end of the night (if we are to believe that story) was simply because he knew Lauren much better in comparison to CR and MB.

It is odd to me that JR would not have called HT, had LS been brought over to his apartment terribly inebriated and insisting she go home. That just doesn't fit. HT was the connection through which JR knew LS, and he would have known that HT was Lauren's roommate and one of her closest friends. HT also would have been able to meet Lauren halfway on the walk home, and also open the apartment door as Lauren was missing her key. Why wouldn't she be called, if Lauren was really going to be walking home? Maybe there was a text sent that hasn't been made public?

I wonder if while with MB, Lauren could have incoherently mumbled something about her heart condition- (in the context of feeling unwell). If I were MB and a tiny girl I didn't know who was in a drunken stupor mentioned that she had a heart condition and/or did not feel well (indicating she may be in danger, but probably not speaking clearly enough to explain why) JR knows her much better, so I may call him. Well, actually I would call 911 but clearly these men did not do that.

Just my opinion, mixed with a side of ramblings.

Based on statements by AWG on PT e.g. 2011-06-24 18:04:21 -0400 it was not a normal, typical night for LS. My understanding is that she had drunk heavily in the past and gotten a citation and gone to rehab. However going to a bar was unusual and, if she used drugs, that was also unusual.

In any case, substance abuse may cause health problems and may result in making bad decisions and in being unusually vulnerable, but it does NOT make a person disappear off a street!

http://www.lohud.com/article/20130603/NEWS02/306030033/Lauren-Spierer-s-parents-appalled-drug-abuse-allegation

JW's parents

"This poor little girl is not with us today because of her drug abuse," Nadine Wolff said.
"If Jesse was guilty of anything, he was guilty of taking care of Lauren, who had some serious drug issues," she said. "She would abuse to the point where she would black out. Jesse always threatened to call and tell her parents and she said, “If you do, I'll break up with you.'"

"My son took care of her for two years while she was in college," she said. "The one night she went out without him and did what she did unfortunately cost her her life."

Uh! Wouldn't this make him an enabler at best? But, how could he keep this secret from her close girlfriends and parents if true?

Did Jesse really stay in bed? That's what I'm wondering about now. The drug death story that I heard at IU had him very much involved. I just dismissed it as false. But is it false? His parents did not help his position and I'd bet the police and detectives will take a much closer look at him now.

Wasn't there a rumor that a dog had tracked LS to JW's back door? I assumed that the dog had picked up a scent from an earlier day.

HT was the connection through which JR knew LS,.

JR and LS were acquainted from their home state and IIRC had went to the same summer camp (or similar activity) when they were younger.

Unless I've been totally thrown off by bad reporting, rumors, etc that have clouded my memory then JR and LS were acquainted, perhaps closely acquainted, prior to IU.

Wasn't there a rumor that a dog had tracked LS to JW's back door? I assumed that the dog had picked up a scent from an earlier day.

I believe the person that said that later recanted and said they had mistaken a comment they'd heard. I think the tracking part was correct but it was from SW to JW's. Although, don't hold me to any of that. You are certainly correct on what you remember hearing/reading but I'm fairly certain someone later corrected it.

Of course who knows... maybe the correction was wrong. Or maybe there's more on he tracking that never was leaked in the first place. I kind of file it in the noise category.... too much shifting sands and not enough direct info to give it too much weight either way. Something to remember but not to get too hung up over without more info.

I've always thought the boyfriend JW did it. His story never added up with her actions.

I believe the person that said that later recanted and said they had mistaken a comment they'd heard. I think the tracking part was correct but it was from SW to JW's. Although, don't hold me to any of that. You are certainly correct on what you remember hearing/reading but I'm fairly certain someone later corrected it.

Of course who knows... maybe the correction was wrong. Or maybe there's more on he tracking that never was leaked in the first place. I kind of file it in the noise category.... too much shifting sands and not enough direct info to give it too much weight either way. Something to remember but not to get too hung up over without more info.

Sorry , I dont have enough details to comment on the dogs anymore. so. no comment... I think calling it noise is correct..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2335328/Lauren-Spierer-missing-Parents-outraged-friends-parents-say-drug-user-2nd-anniversary-disappearance.html

Can only say that if my son had been the last person to be seen with a young lady who had subsequently gone missing, I'd be accompanying him to speak to the police, not lawyering up and slurring the victim.

Even if Lauren did do drugs, its not right to make these comments about someone's missing daughter - especially when your own child is still alive and with you, and hasn't done much to help the situation. Some sympathy for Lauren's parents wouldn't go amiss.

Two years too long.

rememberlauren.jpg

Download the full size poster at http://www.findlauren.com/

Wow. It is clear to me that rather than coming together to help find Lauren and support a hurting family at least some of the boys and parents involved went into defensive protect your own mode. It is understandable to me with the boys. They are young and probably scared. I am not absolving them from blame, but I feel more anger toward the parents who could be moral compasses and examples of love and taking care of your fellow human beings, but instead they lock down, get lawyers, and sneer at Lauren and her parents.
I also respectfully disagree with Mrs. Wolfe. Drug use is not the reason Lauren is gone. I am 100% sure drugs didn't make her POOF into thin air or float away. Someone (and perhaps even your son) MADE her disappear. Perhaps she overdosed, but that is not why her body is missing right now. Someone did that-someone deliberately dumped her somewhere rather than calling the police or 911. They hold some blame in that situation.

Hearing these disgusting remarks made to media makes me 100% more dedicated to never letting this drop. Lauren and her parents do not deserve how some of these people are acting. Lauren does not deserve to be missing still and her parents do not deserve to be living in hell, still. I don't really care if she snorted an entire mountain of cocaine-my opinion on this matter does not change.
For the record, I think the drug use was probably greatly exaggerated as it helps paint the boys in a positive light (oh, drug addict Lauren putting a damper on their potential in life!!!!). Please. Give me a break.

I am praying for her family and hoping they have the strength to get through this vicious media attack while also having to deal with losing a child.

Wow. It is clear to me that rather than coming together to help find Lauren and support a hurting family at least some of the boys and parents involved went into defensive protect your own mode. It is understandable to me with the boys. They are young and probably scared. I am not absolving them from blame, but I feel more anger toward the parents who could be moral compasses and examples of love and taking care of your fellow human beings, but instead they lock down, get lawyers, and sneer at Lauren and her parents.
I also respectfully disagree with Mrs. Wolfe. Drug use is not the reason Lauren is gone. I am 100% sure drugs didn't make her POOF into thin air or float away. Someone (and perhaps even your son) MADE her disappear. Perhaps she overdosed, but that is not why her body is missing right now. Someone did that-someone deliberately dumped her somewhere rather than calling the police or 911. They hold some blame in that situation.

Hearing these disgusting remarks made to media makes me 100% more dedicated to never letting this drop. Lauren and her parents do not deserve how some of these people are acting. Lauren does not deserve to be missing still and her parents do not deserve to be living in hell, still. I don't really care if she snorted an entire mountain of cocaine-my opinion on this matter does not change.
For the record, I think the drug use was probably greatly exaggerated as it helps paint the boys in a positive light (oh, drug addict Lauren putting a damper on their potential in life!!!!). Please. Give me a break.

I am praying for her family and hoping they have the strength to get through this vicious media attack while also having to deal with losing a child.

Agree with every single thing you said and couldn't have said it better.

My thoughts and prayers are with Lauren and her family. :rose:

The SW to JW path rings a bell. That's why I assumed it was a trail from an earlier time.

JR and LS were acquainted from their home state and IIRC had went to the same summer camp (or similar activity) when they were younger.

Unless I've been totally thrown off by bad reporting, rumors, etc that have clouded my memory then JR and LS were acquainted, perhaps closely acquainted, prior to IU.

I seem to recall that the grandparents of JR and LS lived in the same neighborhood. Can't find the link, though. Anyone else recall that too?

In any case, substance abuse may cause health problems and may result in making bad decisions and in being unusually vulnerable, but it does NOT make a person disappear off a street!

Unless that person have fallen into something. There was one case where a missing student's body was found in some utility room on campus. Also plenty of cases where a missing student's body was recovered in a lake or a river. But supposedly they searched all the immediate area.

Unless that person have fallen into something. There was one case where a missing student's body was found in some utility room on campus. Also plenty of cases where a missing student's body was recovered in a lake or a river. But supposedly they searched all the immediate area.

That's why I emphasized disappearing off the street. My first thought when I heard about LS is that she'd be found within a few days or weeks in some obscure location where she had wandered on her own and died due to long QT or substance abuse. But she wasn't found, even when all the places that were empty in the summer filled up again when classes started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdeem713