DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AbbeyR/smallwood visit
Why were they there then?
Why did they go to the 5th floor?
IMHO, they either:
1. Were intending to go to her apartment. ZO and crew arrive, scuffle/fight ensues, and they decide to leave.
2. They visited (or attempted to visit) someone else on that floor. Now this would be interesting.
Agreed not sure it has any bearing, just a different perspective. But, again, for me, it also contradicts an explicitly sexual motive.

Intercepted language:
I think he (PI) says ‘intercepted with’. For me, this is PI (former cop) language, not necessarily verbatim what JR said. This to me may indicate he saw someone else walking that Lauren may have interacted with. Same with ‘in the shadows’, seems like PI speak. More likely something like: it was dark and I couldn’t see. Mostly, I think sometimes we get too mixed up in the words the PI’s use. They seem to paraphrase and only give parts, which, while I find very (very) annoying, may or may not be intentional. Like (yes I just typed that), just release a transcript of their recorded statement to you guys. We may have a perspective you haven’t thought of yet. Or maybe, just maybe someone with that little piece of the puzzle will read the transcripts and remember something, or something won’t jive with an explanation they have heard.

Unknown Subject?
JW (I literally think he is guilty because of what his parents said. If he is not, I feel extra sorry for him because of his parents. He should disown them.), someone from the apartments/house on corner (if I recall correctly there was a picture in the herald times of cops speaking to the residents of the house on the corner. I couldn’t find it today.), or unknown subject walking? No mention of a car. At the time, 11th street would have been a very unlikely path for anyone on foot. Well, except for the homeless man that heard the scream.

I agree that it would be interesting if they were going to SW to visit someone versus go to LS' place. But even if they were going to LS' place, they may not have intended to stay there (though LS should have, obviously). I feel that 5N would have taken precedence over SW for a sexual motive (and maybe did).

I also agree that JW's parents did him no favors. Talk about stirring the kettle. The thought of LS being pulled into an apartment or house or even stumbling into one has crossed my mind. I do hope that was thoroughly checked out. But I always return to the question of whether she could have walked out of 5N in the first place.

I am dubious about what JR could have seen from the balcony. See photo by Longtime Local in post by Smooth Operator at this page: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...=6778467&highlight=longtime+local#post6778467

Also, I seem to recall that someone in this forum once visited what was then JR's apartment and checked out the view from the balcony. That person noted that a light on the side of the building would have been in the line of sight from the balcony to the corner. Wish I could find the link now...

I am dubious about what JR could have seen from the balcony. See photo by Longtime Local in post by Smooth Operator at this page: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...=6778467&highlight=longtime+local#post6778467

Also, I seem to recall that someone in this forum once visited what was then JR's apartment and checked out the view from the balcony. That person noted that a light on the side of the building would have been in the line of sight from the balcony to the corner. Wish I could find the link now...

Thanks so much for the picture, I think that and your point about the light really harms his story. Jmo.

Just saw on social media that CA and RS won their appeal and that civil trial will be May 5, 2015? True?

Just saw on social media that CA and RS won their appeal and that civil trial will be May 5, 2015? True?

.That sounds impossibly too soon. Maybe a hearing regarding the appeal itself would be that soon.

Intercepted language:
I think he (PI) says ‘intercepted with’. For me, this is PI (former cop) language, not necessarily verbatim what JR said. This to me may indicate he saw someone else walking that Lauren may have interacted with. Same with ‘in the shadows’, seems like PI speak. More likely something like: it was dark and I couldn’t see. Mostly, I think sometimes we get too mixed up in the words the PI’s use. They seem to paraphrase and only give parts, which, while I find very (very) annoying, may or may not be intentional. Like (yes I just typed that), just release a transcript of their recorded statement to you guys. We may have a perspective you haven’t thought of yet. Or maybe, just maybe someone with that little piece of the puzzle will read the transcripts and remember something, or something won’t jive with an explanation they have heard.

I agree, "intercepted" and "shadows" are not necessarily JR's words. They are (most likely) a summary of a part of JR's story in the PI's own words.

We haven't really heard any of the PsOI stories, truth be known, just other people's interpretations and recollections mainly. There's never been any transcripts released. No attorneys have read statements from their clients that I recall.

And you can see how little we really know about any of this. Here we are years later discussing a piece of JR's story that likely goes back to the initial days of the disappearance that was only added to the narrative now... all these years later. It makes you wonder what other parts of the story have been withheld from the public?

And playing devil's advocate, here's something to ponder: What if there is someone that appears on security footage that cannot be accounted for? What if a video (or unknown to the public, witness) supports the possibility that JR's story is true? Maybe instead of this new part of the narrative being the 'smoking gun' and noose for 5N it's actually the piece of the puzzle that has kept LE at bay all this time?

I don't think this is a case that will ever be solved from help by the public because I believe too much is being withheld for the public to have any ability to sort thru it with any type of foundational basis. More importantly, the most likely areas where the public could help would be recalling people not being where transcripts of their statements place them, or saying or doing things that someone in the public would see the claims and know to be wrong. The problem there is, after all this time, memories could be faulty. People could have moved away and never even see newly released information. So even if there was an info dump tomorrow, I question how much help it could be at this point.

Re: AbbeyR/smallwood visit
Why were they there then?
Why did they go to the 5th floor?
IMHO, they either:
1. Were intending to go to her apartment. ZO and crew arrive, scuffle/fight ensues, and they decide to leave.
2. They visited (or attempted to visit) someone else on that floor. Now this would be interesting.
Agreed not sure it has any bearing, just a different perspective. But, again, for me, it also contradicts an explicitly sexual motive.

Well, it could have been a number of scenarios, I guess! They could have been going to Lauren's or stopping there to pick something up, or going to another friend's apartment (they had several on that floor, including the person whose apt. Lauren was at with others before heading to JR's), or Lauren could have wanted to go home, and CR was trying to convince her otherwise - he was described as acting aggressively towards her at Smallwood. Anyway, to me it makes more sense to speculate about what he actually did, instead of what he could have done. What he did do, according to reports, is act aggressively and inappropriately towards Lauren, bought her drinks and 'helped her' drink them when she was already too intoxicated to walk by herself, and then he picked her up and dragged her home at 3 am despite several people trying to stop him. So what do you think his motives were, taking her back to his place at that point? He could have left her at Smallwood, or accepted the help he was offered on the way.

Just a small thing, but I don't remember the detail about Corey falling before either (though it's been a while since I read over all those early statements). I wonder if there was signs of a fall...

I hope that once the civil case is resolved that the Spierers will be able to voice their minds. I get the impression that there are things they would like to say but can't. I'd love to know what those are.

Just a small thing, but I don't remember the detail about Corey falling before either (though it's been a while since I read over all those early statements). I wonder if there was signs of a fall...

I hope that once the civil case is resolved that the Spierers will be able to voice their minds. I get the impression that there are things they would like to say but can't. I'd love to know what those are.

the PIs say in their interviews that ZO knocked Corey to the ground

What was the bf doing that night?

well, he was doing something that contributed to him being a POI, the private investigators say he wasn't where he said he was but we aren't privy to
the location(s).

the PIs say in their interviews that ZO knocked Corey to the ground

No, I mean in the latest article/interview where the investigators say that Corey fell on the stairs and was sick before going to bed

Lauren and Rossman made it back to his apartment at 11th and Morton. According to what roommate Beth told investigators, Rossman was unsteady, then fell and vomited on the stairway up to his bedroom.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/solve-mystery-lauren-spierer/story?id=30148388

Female body found in Brown County, east of Lake Lemon, not in an enclosed structure. Forensic examination being conducted. No further details at this time. Another sad ending to someone's life story. Condolences to her family and friends, whoever they might be. http://www.browncountyindiana.com/index.php?id=17124

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/fr...cle_d155952c-eaf0-11e4-9be6-7f2d88bc2a40.html

Information on social media indicates that Hannah Wilson was found deceased, in Brown County, possibly foul play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member