IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm... I think he said a lot more than "it's not visible on video, so we can't confirm". I think it's clear that whatever supposedly happened at 3:38 *should* have been on video, but was not (or at least, LS was not part of whatever was on video). He did not just say the 3:38 sighting was unconfirmed, he more or less said it was false.

That's exactly what I understood from that press conference. He appears to be pretty confusing in general, but I think he was very clear on this.

I feel like they are starting to pressure the known group of friends more now as well. I don't feel like they are treating this like a stranger abduction.
I was 100% in the accidental overdose/hide the body camp for awhile, but now I am doubting myself for various reasons. I am not sure what other scenario I lean toward though.

I am not sure why the 3:38 sighting is taken as fact by some people though. I guess it could be true, but it seems like high profile cases always get about 90% mistaken or false sightings/tips. They take them all seriously, of course, but that doesn't mean every sighting is correct. I am just not sure why JR would lie about her being with him after 4 if some random mystery man had her unconscious at 338. Unless the random man was someone JR needed or was forced into protecting?
People say that maybe she remembered the wrong time, but from what I understand she got off work at 3, cleaned up for a little while, and then typically left around 330. It seems weird she wouldn't mention or realize that cleaning up took an entire hour or more than usual.

If there is a video camera there, and they could observe LS there an approximately hour earlier, then why wouldn't they be able to observe her at 3:38 am if any of this was correct? I don't see any point of discussing what was clearly disregarded by LE today.

I agree. Though he was vague and circuitous, he's not concerned about the 3:38 and the mystery man. They've seen this man on video before. Probably a POI which is why no sketch has been publicized.

Regarding the calls to police by friends.....It's possible that most of the good friends have nothing to report. They know nothing. We've heard that JW called to make the report and didn't two girls go with him? The ones who have things that maybe could be shared seem to all have lawyers. I can almost guarantee that they have been told to NOT call.

We KNOW several of the POIs HAVE talked to LE, according to LE. (there is a link here that I posted earlier to confirm this with a quote from LE to back it up.) We have major conflicting stories about who filed the missing persons report - I tend to believe it was the girls, not JW, who we have heard reported it to the parents.
I really believe she is talking about all the associated friends in the circle other than the POIs. And of course there are many who saw her (like the whole group in the altercation at Smallwood for instance) and have other details - and none of these folks have picked up the phone to say what they saw of LS that night. Again, I do not think she meant the POIs here.
jmho and that's all it is.

If there is a video camera there, and they could observe LS there an approximately hour earlier, then why wouldn't they be able to observe her at 3:38 am if any of this was correct? I don't see any point of discussing what was clearly disregarded by LE today.

Maybe it that witness actually saw them at 3:38 they were in an area of the sidewalk or whatever that isn't covered by the video camera. Could be that they have her on the video walking somewhere, and at 3:38 she was standing and talking (or falling over as the witness claims).

Umm... I think he said a lot more than "it's not visible on video, so we can't confirm". I think it's clear that whatever supposedly happened at 3:38 *should* have been on video, but was not (or at least, LS was not part of whatever was on video). He did not just say the 3:38 sighting was unconfirmed, he more or less said it was false/irrelevant.

Agreed.

LE did seem to rule out the 3:38 account, seems like they had a camera angle on 10th and college and were able to rule it out. that is good, so back to the 2:51 camera in the alley, the 3:00 bed time for CR, 3:15 stroll to JR's as per MB, the 4:15 call from JR's phone to DR's and HT saying that JR claimed LS rounding the corner at 11th and college at 4:30

I think this is ruling out strangers,

Mom is upset with all but one friend who has been forthcoming with info to the police, who was at JR's that night, who else could have been there?

IMO Mom would want a friend to be straight up, like wants someone to say, yeah we were at JR's snorting this that and the other with this person that person & this person., because so and so was in from out of town with some killer weed or something... who was at JR's?

glad to throw out the 3:38 account, puts it back on the close friends circle.

He only said it didn't happen at 3:38, according to the video. He didn't say that WHAT the witness saw was not on the video at the earlier time (witness may have been an hour off with her time). They could very easily check the video WITH the witness at the 3:38 time frame for her to point out what she saw (if they wanted to prove it was someone else that she saw). I think she saw her and as I said previously, she was off on her time. I also think this is important as it shows how out of it LS was at 2:30 ish.

I find the witness credible, if what TG says is true. She was on the record when she made these statements, but he chose to protect her identity.

He only said it didn't happen at 3:38, according to the video. He didn't say that WHAT the witness saw was not on the video at the earlier time (witness may have been an hour off with her time). They could very easily check the video WITH the witness at the 3:38 time frame for her to point out what she saw (if they wanted to prove it was someone else that she saw). I think she saw her and as I said previously, she was off on her time. I also think this is important as it shows how out of it LS was at 2:30 ish.

He didn't confirm that witness actually saw anything, but it appears pretty clear that even if she did, it was not at 3:38 am but earlier.

I just looked at the Twitter account of one of LS's best friends, AR, a girl who has been mentioned in many MSM reports. I think she's from NJ? Some of her most recent Tweets talk about how good it is to be home, how much she's missed her friends and how good it is to see her best friends. She also tweets a photo of her and friends with a caption "good to be home #blunts"

Her most recent Tweet, sent just minutes ago, did mention the need to find LS. Still, it seems like she's moved on. :/

JMHO!

If she's a bar manager and her story was that she saw them on her way home after closing up, she couldn't possibly have seen them at 2:38 (i.e., when the bar was still open).

If she's a bar manager and her story was that she saw them on her way home after closing up, she couldn't possibly have seen them at 2:38 (i.e., when the bar was still open).

Who knows what this witness see or didn't see, but LE seems to be clear that there is nothing to support the idea that LS was there at 3:38 am with a mystery man.

There seems to be a slow, gradual tightening of the timeline that should really work at the psyches of the POIs. I think the seeming vagueness from Quarles is very well thought out and deliberate. IMHO - one of these kids knows exactly what happened and where she is, and LE knows that, too. Seems like a smart move on their part to eliminate the stranger at 3:38 AND the video sighting of LS at 3:38 in order to make the POIs wonder what ELSE they know.

Reading between the lines of what the Captain says--and what he doesn't say--is just as important if not more so, than what he does say. Sort of like listening at another level is necessary.

I just looked at the Twitter account of one of LS's best friends, AR, a girl who has been mentioned in many MSM reports. I think she's from NJ? Some of her most recent Tweets talk about how good it is to be home, how much she's missed her friends and how good it is to see her best friends. She also tweets a photo of her and friends with a caption "good to be home #blunts"

Her most recent Tweet, sent just minutes ago, did mention the need to find LS. Still, it seems like she's moved on. :/

JMHO!

Sounds like many of LS's friends are drug users. "Blunts" are cigars, filled with marijuana, so that parents think their kids are smoking cigars.

Very much disagree. He said there was no video supporting the 3:38 sighting, which is not in any way saying it didn't occur. They simply can't corroborate the sighting.

I'll also say, he was extremely confusing, referencing the previous video and timeline known to them. I'll check around if anyone can provide a transcript or at least an archived video of this PC.

I didn't see the PC, but that's what I was wondering.

Just because he said there is no video evidence to support the 3:38am sighting does not mean that 1. it didn't happen nor that 2. there is any video of her at 3:38am at all.

Reading between the lines of what the Captain says--and what he doesn't say--is just as important if not more so, than what he does say. Sort of like listening at another level is necessary.

Exactly. I have said this all this week.

Maybe it that witness actually saw them at 3:38 they were in an area of the sidewalk or whatever that isn't covered by the video camera. Could be that they have her on the video walking somewhere, and at 3:38 she was standing and talking (or falling over as the witness claims).

We are quick to say she got the time wrong, but you're right, maybe she got the location wrong.

I wonder what TG makes of the presser?

YO!!!:seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya:

Nothing about the 3:38 is going to be coming, or elaborated on, so can we please put it aside back in the "extraneous info that is murky to some" category and discuss what info we DID get?
Only 1 friend called LE, please explain how you think this statement is true when we KNOW the POIs have talked to LE.

anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member