IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO but I think HT is simply repeating the story that she was told. I really don't think she has any involvement in this.

For now I am sticking with the fact that the last reported sighting of Lauren (recorded on camera?) was at 2:51 - 3:00 am. Is that correct?

TIA

wm

I still find the issue of the keys and coin purse unsettling. People out drinking do lose their shoes, phones, keys or anything else they might be carrying but losing different items at different times would suggest a very bad night. The phone and shoes at Kilroy's is understandable; LS would have to set them down and it is reasonable that she might leave without them. Dropping a set of keys and purse while you are walking is harder to do, even if you are inebriated.

[

This, so much this. Losing 1 or 2 items is understandable. Lord knows that my drunken debauchery in college, just a few years ago, resulted in more than one lost cell phone, but to lose EVERYTHING on your person along the way during an evening is just not nearly as likely. The phone, absolutely, your talking, you put it down next to you, your drawn to the bar, or another table and you leave without it. Especially if Lauren was used to carrying a bag or having her phone in a pocket. Since she had no pockets and was drunk I could see how this would get left behind. The shoes are a bit harder for me to swallow and point to a very drunk person, or someone who was asked to leave an establishment. You KNOW when your barefoot.

This first question is for BTown - Did you find out if and where the camera is set up at the rear garage entrance at Smallwood? Is that point indeed accessable from the street to anyone walking inside? I'm hoping that all trash pickup places inside and around Smallwood had been searched before they were emptied.

Second question for anyone - Were all 700 apartments searched at Smallwood?

Yes last sighting on camera was reported as 2:51

I too think I would notice the barefoot thing way more, and much sooner than the lost keys/ID/purse and cell phone if I was hammered.

And I have never thought HT was involved, but I understand why people have voiced uneasiness about her. Maybe she does know something, maybe not, but yes, she came across a little wavering in her facts and a little too gushy about JW. Nothing more.

To me JW is essentially a victim of this case, as he lost his girlfriend for which he apparently cared a lot and then his name came up as POI. There is nothing linking him to the events of that night. He was nowhere near LS that evening based on timeline of events and the recorded videos and there is no evidence of any sort that he met with her at any point. The only thing we know for sure is that he was the one who initiated the search the next AM when he did not hear from her. To me it is obvious that he had nothing to do with the case.

JW did not initiate the search 'the next am,' as you state. What he did was text her, learn that the bar still had her phone, go to her roommate's class to get a key to the apt and go to Lauren's apt, and later on he called Lauren's parents to let them know she was missing but that was not until about 3 in the afternoon of the day after she went missing (June 3). Two of Lauren's girl friends were the ones who reported Lauren missing to the police. Also, as far as we know, the only thing that JW did in 'the search' for Lauren was to use her roommate's key to get access to her apt. (during which time he could have been confiscating evidence). He has not participated in any of the search efforts for Lauren as he was asked not to like all PsOI are asked not to...He returned to his parents' home in NY shortly after she went missing and he has a high-profile lawyer so it's hard to know how much information he has provided to LE/how much help he has been in the case but it's quite doubtful that he has been very involved as he is not even in the state to talk with LE or even to be a source of moral support to Lauren's family/friends. I'm not saying I think he did it but I don't think there is any way we can rule him out as a POI based on the very limited information that has been made publicly available. He also has a clear motive for wanting to harm her as she was spending the evening with other guys...we don't know him so we have no way of knowing if he was the jealous/possessive type who would get angry about her hanging out with other guys or not but in my experience, the majority of boyfriends wouldn't like that too much. His motive is also apparent in that several of his friends were the ones involved in a fight with CR earlier in the night, presumably a fight that took place because the friends were upset on JW's behalf that Lauren was w/ another guy...there are just too many unknowns in this case for us to be sure that JW is not a probable POI.

Also, just because we cannot place him in the timeline of events/in recorded videos doesn't mean anything, because we don't know what information LE has that we don't and they may well have evidence of his involvement but not enough to prove anything yet. He also has a very weak alibi as far as we know because it is just one of his frat brothers saying that JW received no calls/texts or visitors after 2:30 am that night and that he went to bed around that time. This is not corroborated by any solid evidence that we know of-it could very well just be the roommate/frat brother trying to protect JW.

I really have no opinion because I think there are so very many possibilities, but one thing that just does not sit right with me about it being an accident involving her friends is that nothing has been found. Sorry to be morbid, but I find it surprising that if something unexpected happened they were able to hide/dispose of her body without attracting attention or leaving a trail. No rumors, even, of someone hearing guys talking loudly or someone in the woods, or JR being seen coming home at 6 AM. I don't know. It could be "luck" on their part but usually panicked people or crimes of passion are not carried out without any evidence.

As far as I can tell there are no surveillance cameras on several potential routes from JW to JR's place (if my info of JW's residence is correct). In any case, if LS walked east to JW, or JW walked west to LS it is a mainly residential area as you go east from JR's as far as I can tell. Maybe one of the locals (BTown) will back me up. All I am trying to say is that even if JR is completely truthful, there are enough scenarios that may have happened afterward that would not be caught on camera. I think :)

The silence from so many - POIs, secondary POIs, LE - is deafening. And significant.

I really have no opinion because I think there are so very many possibilities, but one thing that just does not sit right with me about it being an accident involving her friends is that nothing has been found. Sorry to be morbid, but I find it surprising that if something unexpected happened they were able to hide/dispose of her body without attracting attention or leaving a trail. No rumors, even, of someone hearing guys talking loudly or someone in the woods, or JR being seen coming home at 6 AM. I don't know. It could be "luck" on their part but usually panicked people or crimes of passion are not carried out without any evidence.

I usually hate me-too posts, but I couldn't resist. This is a college area with people up and about at all hours, and pretty close to working people moving about on a weekday.

I totally agree 100%!

do we know if she was 'kicked out' of Kilroy's or not?

IMHO....kicked out, no shoes is understandable, go get another pair.

But, left on her own accord, no.....like stated above, you know when you are barefoot immediately and had plenty of time to go get them, bar didn't close until 3:00.

Cell phone, same deal....my guess is that today's 20 yr old knows immediately they don't have their phone.

If kicked out, why? Trouble being with CR, intoxication or underage? LE should know this from Kilroy's Mgmt and from CR (if he recalls this part)?

But, left on her own accord, no.....like stated above, you know when you are barefoot immediately and had plenty of time to go get them, bar didn't close until 3:00.

For what it's worth, I have seen plenty girls take their shoes off when drunk and walking around downtown or in Bloomington from bar to bar. Especially if they are wearing heels. I really don't think leaving the shoes and the cellphone at the bar is that unusual. Personal items in the alley, maybe.

I've heard that she was kicked out but I don't "know it" - it was never reported as fact in MSM as far as I know so just speculative at this point

Article linked below is over a week old and has some name errors in it (refers to JR as CR) but look at these two quotes, both from CR's lawyer. Another confrontation. That is news to me.

"Salzmann said there was another 'confrontation' at Rossman's building, but would not give any details."

"Salzman who said his client is not involved in Spierer's disappearance revealed he thought 'there is a lot more to this' case. 'The answer in a good 90 per cent of the cases is someone that they are intimately involved with, he told Fox News."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...message-daughters-attacker.html#ixzz1P39LSrL3

Article linked below is over a week old and has some name errors in it (refers to JR as CR) but look at these two quotes, both from CR's lawyer. Another confrontation. That is news to me.

"Salzmann said there was another 'confrontation' at Rossman's building, but would not give any details."

"Salzman who said his client is not involved in Spierer's disappearance revealed he thought 'there is a lot more to this' case. 'The answer in a good 90 per cent of the cases is someone that they are intimately involved with, he told Fox News."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...message-daughters-attacker.html#ixzz1P39LSrL3

In later articles, it was insinuated that the other confrontation happened a couple of days after the fact, when JW allegedly confronted CR.

I'm serious.

Go to 5North Townhomes, Smallwood, and places around 10th and College on Thursday and Friday this week. See if the dumpsters are emptied on Friday morning.

Whilst I understand that the trash is pushed around once dumped at the landfill, this small girl could have gone into a raggedy old duffle bag and the people at the dump would never think a body would be in it.

I haven't heard anything from police about searching landfills. Could someone in these pressers get some confirmation they've at least thought about the landfill?

Cell phone, same deal....my guess is that today's 20 yr old knows immediately they don't have their phone.

If kicked out, why? Trouble being with CR, intoxication or underage? LE should know this from Kilroy's Mgmt and from CR (if he recalls this part)?

Getting kicked out could have been as easy as she tried to order a drink at the bar and the bartender knew/realized she was not 21 or checked her fake ID and told her to get out.

That's a really good point, Nancy. Neighbors hearing a clamor, for example. These are all apartments, afterall, so one would have to imagine they are fairly close together. I hear shuffle in my NYC apt hallways all the time. Then again, I do imagine that someone would be taking EXTRA care to be stealth during a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tawnitrevino