IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Been lurking for days, finally joined!

As to disposing of a body - if there were a lot of students moving in/out around campus it might not have been very suspicious if JR (or someone else) loaded his/her car with something that LS would fit into. A few pages ago someone brought up whether college kids would have any containers that a body would fit into. I say definitely, yes. When I was away at school I had a ton of those plastic totes for bringing stuff to/from school.

Here is my thoughts on that...

She died around 4am. He thought oh crap, what do I do? He tried to call his buddy for help, but he didn't answer. He realized he needed to get her out of his apartment. He gets her to a vehicle and realizes that it is not a good idea to just drop her somewhere around the area. He drives straight to SR37and heads south and starts thinking what have I done now, what do I do with her? He gets to the south side of Bedford and sees the river and dumps the body. He stays on main roads, because he doesn't want to get lost and if he is seen on a side road with out of state plates he might be noticed. It is still dark. He pulls off, tosses her and heads back possibly well before 7am.

Folks that see him think nothing because no one knows anything has happened. His friends had been out all night, so they were still asleep when he gets back...they probably slept until noon. Once folks get up and realize she is missing, they call him and he says...she left my place at 4:30 last night when I was done partying...she tried to call DR but he didn't answer. I tried to get her to just crash here but she wanted to go home. I watched her leave and saw her turn the corner

Most of the plans and statements were made on the fly and he has been able to keep to his story...so far.

Apologize in advance if this comes off as too preachy, as I'm clearly a rookie around here and many of you have come across this type of thing regularly I'm sure.

I really want everyone to keep in mind, that it is human nature to be susceptible to confirmation bias. In other words, you are prone to grasp on to information that confirms what you currently believe. It is extremely beneficial in helping to prove your hypothesis if you actively seek out information that disproves it.

I'll also say that I lived 1 block north of LS last reported location for three years (4 years ago) and made the walk up and down College (in all various mind states) hundreds of times. I'm male, but I will say that never once did I feel any inkling that my safety was in danger along that route.

I'm not sure what to think of the LE's tactics (not criticizing though). IMO, they arguably have probable cause to at least get a search warrant for JR's place, possibly his car as well. They obviously have more info than us - maybe some of that info exonerates JR.

If all have vacated their apartments and their lease has expired, LE could search them without their consent or a search warrant if the apartment complex permits them.

If he left in such a hurry as everyone is saying, he may well have packed up his car with his personal effects, and nobody would suspect that one of his duffel bags/containers had a body inside.

I was also thinking that maybe LS really did use his phone to call DR, but maybe it was for help. Maybe she realized she was in a bad situation, grabbed his phone the first chance she got, he got angry or upset, etc. Not even saying he meant to kill her, but if he was acting in a way that scared her, it might be enough given her heart condition. I don't know if/why DR would be 1st on her call list in that situation though.

I also think that she may not have set out on that walk to Smallwood... or at least she may not have gotten very far. There's video footage of her in several locations that we know of early on in the evening, yet there's not a single image of her walking home. Why? At that late hour she would have been easy to spot if there were a camera to spot her. How is it that she managed to pick a route with no surveillance when she picked so many with it hours before? I don't know if she set off on that walk at all, but if she did, I don't think she got more than a few yards.
Just curious....in your opinion...do you think a stranger grabbed her close to JR's house or that he had something to do w/ it?

I think this will clarify if JR's car, apt. were search by LE, this is from June 8th:

""We've been interviewing everybody that was with her," Parker said earlier this week. "They've cooperated fully with letting us search their places, their cars.""

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/police_turn_student_lauren_leads_bZxpvgWtuXxCLFJWp3gDtI

It's interesting that then on June 12th Qualters says
We’ve had our doors open for those individuals to come,” Qualters says. “There is nobody we can prevent from leaving this county. We cannot compel people to come back to us. For those that we haven’t spoken to, we believe they will come talk to us.

So as of the 12th more than one individual had not spoken to the police??

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81967

If all have vacated their apartments and their lease has expired, LE could search them without their consent or a search warrant if the apartment complex permits them.

Yes, definitely. Is JR class of 2012? If so, maybe he just went home for the summer and still has his lease (living there next year too).

Like everyone has said, it would be nice if we could figure out when he left campus. That article says everyone was cooperating with LE in terms of searches, but if JR left immediately as has been speculated, I wonder how thoroughly his car was searched.

I wonder if JR and Lauren were "involved" w/ each other that night at all?
If JW and JR were friends, that would be a pretty big deal.
But i mean if they were "alone" all that time and drinking and/or doing drugs, that can make two people vunerable.
I know how i am....and i would have a hard time being alone w/ a guy friend if we both drinking and out of it....and probably would end up getting myself into "trouble".
Someone could have walked in on that too. Just saying. I dunno of course.

There was, some pages back - maybe between 3:00-6:00 (I'm on central time). It's just a copy of his "front" fb page and the pic is tiny. I'll go back and look too, but maybe it got "cleaned up", per the earlier post.

I wonder if JR and Lauren were "involved" w/ each other that night at all?
If JW and JR were friends, that would be a pretty big deal.
But i mean if they were "alone" all that time and drinking and/or doing drugs, that can make two people vunerable.
I know how i am....and i would have a hard time being alone w/ a guy friend if we both drinking and out of it....and probably would end up getting myself into "trouble".
Someone could have walked in on that too. Just saying. I dunno of course.

Or maybe he was pressuring her into sex or being overly aggressive, which is why she called DR. I feel like if the situation is how we're speculating that wouldn't be too far off.

Most of these guys seem to be 21, right? Not kids, as many people are referring to them, at least they aren't not to me. I don't think a 21-year old is a "kid"; a 17-year old, maybe. I see them as young men, spoiled, perhaps, immature possibly, and maybe not much a part of the "real, working world" but still, seeing them referred to as "kids" kind of bugs me. Think of all of the men and women you know who at age 21 have been in the military for 3 years, or are raising families.

Anyway, the prisons are full of people aged 21 and under...no reason for me to think that these young men, or another 21-year yet to be identified, could not be responsible for whatever has happened to Lauren, which likely resulted in her death.

I agree. Even high schoolers should not be referred to as "kids." If you call them kids, they will act like kids. Recently there was a tragic accident in my town involving local college students --- they were referred to in the media as "college children." This attitude is not healthy; people in their 20s need to assume serious responsibilities, and be respected as adults.

12 hours to the next PC, if I'm not mistaken...really hoping LE feels it is time to reveal some more details. Unless they have lots more than it seems, they may be stuck, and they sounded kind of "stuck" to me yesterday, saying basically that other than the white truck, nothing has been ruled out. Maybe the other video(s) LE has of Lauren would spark some memories?

Her poor parents, they must feel as though they entered some kind of hell, that just goes on and on...if we are feeling that LE is not moving fast enough, imagine how they feel...

I'm not sure what to think of the LE's tactics (not criticizing though). IMO, they arguably have probable cause to at least get a search warrant for JR's place, possibly his car as well. They obviously have more info than us - maybe some of that info exonerates JR.

We don't know that they didn't search JR's place or his car.
It just doesn't appear to me LE is actually zeroing in on what had happened to LS. This case might never be solved unless they find her body (assuming of course she is no longer with us). No body, no crime.

The 3:38 AM sighting was at the corner of 10th and College.

Ok, let's say this is true. I just found this old quote by LE on June 8th:

""We have information from that video that again gives us an indication not only of the direction (of her travel) but the activities that have taken place from where that video shows," said Capt. Qualters, who told reporters that surveillance cameras in the vicinity of 10th Street and College Avenue and adjoining alleys may show Spierer walking from her Smallwood Plaza apartment building to 5 North Townhomes at 11th Street and Morton Avenue.

"I believe that was in the area of 3:15, 3:30," said Capt. Qualters. "That would be somewhere north of 10th Street.""

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-surveillance-video-fixes-time-when-lauren-spierer-last-spotted-20110612,0,7227876.story

Could there be two videos of Lauren? One at 2:51 going with CR to his apartment and another one at 3:30 going again towards JR's with a different person which has not been named? We know for a fact that she walked with CR, so why would LE keep the identity of the person in the video hidden? Cause it's not CR in the 3:30 video. Maybe the "activities" was Lauren passing out or being carried and this would prove the witness account?

Then this sighting could be true and LE is keeping it quiet.

Later LE changes the time to 2:51 only so that the 3:30 sighting is kept under wraps.

No, there aren't two videos of Lauren. The 3:15-3:30 time was incorrect. It was addressed in the press-conference when the "official time-line" has been released. She entered the valley at 2:48 am and exited it at 2:51 am. After that, there are no videos of her.

No, there aren't two videos of Lauren. The 3:15-3:30 time was incorrect. It was addressed in the press-conference when the "official time-line" has been released. She entered the valley at 2:48 am and exited it at 2:51 am. After that, there are no videos of her.

I know that. I am just using hypotheticals? You are not supposed to read it as fact.

Ok, let's say this is true. I just found this old quote by LE on June 8th:

""We have information from that video that again gives us an indication not only of the direction (of her travel) but the activities that have taken place from where that video shows," said Capt. Qualters, who told reporters that surveillance cameras in the vicinity of 10th Street and College Avenue and adjoining alleys may show Spierer walking from her Smallwood Plaza apartment building to 5 North Townhomes at 11th Street and Morton Avenue.

"I believe that was in the area of 3:15, 3:30," said Capt. Qualters. "That would be somewhere north of 10th Street.""

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-surveillance-video-fixes-time-when-lauren-spierer-last-spotted-20110612,0,7227876.story

Could there be two videos of Lauren? One at 2:51 going with CR to his apartment and another one at 3:30 going again towards JR's with a different person which has not been named? We know for a fact that she walked with CR, so why would LE keep the identity of the person in the video hidden? Cause it's not CR in the 3:30 video. Maybe the "activities" was Lauren passing out or being carried and this would prove the witness account?

Then this sighting could be true and LE is keeping it quiet.

Later LE changes the time to 2:51 only so that the 3:30 sighting is kept under wraps.

I think it's possible there are more videos of Lauren that we don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insanecobain