GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"SL states the intruder took his wife into the bedroom"

This was in the post at 3:51 yesterday. Snow White's post, but it was quoted from a prior post. Not sure where it originated. I do remember seeing it before, but I don't have time to go through all of the pages to find it. I do remember thinking that this was just one more "weird, indefensible" lie.

Here is the paragraph that has the statement that they took Melinda into bedroom

From Commercial-News dated Feb 17 2015, post 640

According to court documents, Porter County Sheriff's Department officers received a call around 6:19 a.m. Jan. 16 from a male, later identified as Steven Lindsey, screaming. Steven Lindsey told police someone had broken into his home and he had heard a gunshot. He then stated that they took his wife in a bedroom and he believed there was one suspect. He said he was in his baby's room and he did not know if anyone was still hurt or whether the suspect was still there.
When officers arrived, they found Melinda Lindsey on a bed with a single gunshot wound in her head, but still breathing. Officers found a gun lying on the floor partially under the bed, according to police records.

"SL states the intruder took his wife into the bedroom"

This was in the post at 3:51 yesterday. Snow White's post, but it was quoted from a prior post. Not sure where it originated. I do remember seeing it before, but I don't have time to go through all of the pages to find it. I do remember thinking that this was just one more "weird, indefensible" lie.

It was in a Newspaper article....I've been reading each page today....

http://www.commercial-news.com/news...cle_5bc2171c-b702-11e4-be1b-bf515e255e47.html

I remember that article now. Thanks. Same one that says,

After Melinda Lindsey was taken away in ambulance, officers forced entry into the baby's bedroom and found Steven Lindsey bent over at the waist with his hands zip-tied behind his back

Maybe it was the first article that I read something about SL not knowing where his wife was. Did anyone by any chance save the article before it got deleted from?:
http://nwigazette.com/2015/01/23-year-old-valparaiso-woman-shot-in-her-home/
If so, can you send it to me in a message? Thanks!

For the record, I don't know them either.

I thought about the zip tie thing too. But I suppose if one got the "zip" started, then slipped your hands in, it could be done.

I am sure more evidence will come out once this moves along. I am sure with the advances in DNA they can see who's DNA is on those zip ties and if he had a bag of other "like" zip ties in the house or his vehicle.

And *IF* they did go on this cruise, it doesn't go to show what a great guy Steve Lindsey is and how much he loved his wife. It goes to show that he's a , a manipulator and a dead-beat dad. The money should have went to pay his back child support. And in order to go on this *cruise* he forced his wife to hide the fact they went to keep his ex-wife from getting upset. It just shows more lying, more manipulation and scheming on Steve Lindsey's part. What a creep.

For someone who claims they don't know Steve or Melinda you certainly know a lot about their private life...You didn't read what you just posted in any Newspaper article or if you did where are the links ??..and I thought the X wife was off limits here to discuss....The Verified person for Melinda didn't say these things infact she hasn't said much at all for awhile...YET, Steve's Verified Family member comes here and she is not to be believed because supposedly it has come from Steve....How do any of you know that??

For someone who claims they don't know Steve or Melinda you certainly know a lot about their private life...You didn't read what you just posted in any Newspaper article or if you did where are the links ??..and I thought the X wife was off limits here to discuss....The Verified person for Melinda didn't say these things infact she hasn't said much at all for awhile...YET, Steve's Verified Family member comes here and she is not to be believed because supposedly it has come from Steve....How do any of you know that??
Melinda's friend mentioned that she was not allowed to post pics from her cruise on Facebook because Steve's ex had a contempt of court case going on.

I might add...I come here to read the different scenarios on how this awful murder might have taken place...links to different articles to read etc....Not the name calling ....the accusations about people who we don't know that might have posted somewhere else.I quit posting yesterday and re-read this forum...I've never seen or read one like it on Webleuth to be honest...and I've been reading here a long time until I joined during the Casey Anthony case...I know you won't be sorry I'm leaving and I really wish I could say what I want to on here myself...so, I'll just say...I hope justice is served for Melinda...

I think that last sentence is right. I have a distant family member who is in (at least) an emotionally abusive relationship. She has, in the past, had restraining orders against her SO, but has since 'reconciled'. The recent difficulties have come to light via facebook posts. Her parents and other family members are trying to talk to her and give her ways out of the relationship, but she's hanging up on them and digging her heels in and staying put. Everyone is having conversations about what can we do ... who can we refer her to if she won't listen to us etc., how can we get her and her daughter out of this situation? Unfortunately, she is an adult and if she refuses to take people up on help there is little we can do until someone is hurt.

I'm not saying that Melinda was of the same won't-take-people-up-on-help mind frame. But it seems that at one moment some women in an abusive situation ask for help and the next moment they're rejecting the help they just asked for. So it may be that what ML was telling others and asking from others changed from moment to moment. (Not a condemnation - just what it seems to be a somewhat common pattern of behavior in women who are in abusive relationships. I certainly don't know for sure, but from the little that we have seen on FB posts etc, it seems that may have been true of the relationship between SL and ML.)

Unfortunately, family (especially parents) are sometimes the last to know there is a serious problem. A classic example is Sharon Rocha, who clearly supported and adored Scott when Laci first went missing.

JMO

I believe the only people who "know" the victim are the 2 verified posters on this thread, and the fact is there is currently 1 person charged with murder in this case and it's not some ghost stalker. It remains to be seen whether anyone else will be charged with something, but I'm pretty sure it'll also be someone who knows the accused.

no one was open to the possibilities of a Stalker Scenario or quite frankly any other scenario other than STEVE DID IT !!!

I am open to hearing about any possibilities as to how this crime happened and who else may have done it. But I haven't read anything that makes sense.

If there was a stalker, how did he get in? How did he know where Melinda kept her gun? Why did he only hurt Melinda, and not Steve?
If it was a random person, same questions as above.

Also, I don't know if the neighbors are close enough to hear the dogs bark. But mine certainly would be barking and growling with a stranger in the house. My neighbors are close enough to hear the commotion. They would definitely hear a gun shot too.

And if there was a stalker - why were there no marks on Steve? Why was there no sign of anyone being dragged through the house as he claimed? But for me the biggest question is - why did Melinda not lock her front door? There were no footprints leading to the sliding glass door or windows, and no sign of forced entry. So the only other plausible scenario is that the stalker walked right in through the front door - the morning after the Lindseys requested extra patrols of their house. No. It is just not believable that a woman who believed she was being stalked would leave her front door unlocked. It just doesn't happen.

In your own words. In his quote from your Declaration you are leaving....yet still posting. .? Makes no sense . which is it leaving or making yet another Comment.

She obviously has a need to have the last word. Am I surprised? No.

And if there was a stalker - why were there no marks on Steve? Why was there no sign of anyone being dragged through the house as he claimed? But for me the biggest question is - why did Melinda not lock her front door? There were no footprints leading to the sliding glass door or windows, and no sign of forced entry. So the only other plausible scenario is that the stalker walked right in through the front door - the morning after the Lindseys requested extra patrols of their house. No. It is just not believable that a woman who believed she was being stalked would leave her front door unlocked. It just doesn't happen.
Especially when you factor in the stolen garage door opener. There are so many things wrong with SL'S story it's almost too hard to list them all. I hope he doesn't get to plea down. I hope he is tried and convicted. I hope his co-conspirators are found out and tried as well. It's almost too much for him to have done on his own.
I'm still very curious as to why he called his brother that morning. I'd love to see his cell phone records. I don't know why he would say he wasn't living in the home. Why was he there then? Did he say that to give a reason for sleeping on the couch? None of it makes sense.

As to whether or not SL was cruel to Melinda, many of us saw it her own words on her now defunct FB. I saw her new years eve post where SL left her alone and took Baby Girl to his brother's. I saw the posts where she said he had kicked her out shortly after Baby Girl was born, how her friends asked her about SL tearing up photos of the family and how she minimized that. I saw, and it was heart wrenching, how happy she was when he was talking to her again. A simple post, just "He's talking to me!!!!!" No one deserves to be treated like that.

In my opinion, SL wanted out. In fact, I don't think he ever wanted in with her. I think he only wanted a fling, and when Melinda got pregnant it ruined his plans. He was caught up and it spiraled out of control for him. I think when she got pregnant again he realized that financially he was ruined if he divorced her, but he wanted to get rid of her. And I firmly believe that's why he had her cremated. It was the cheapest easiest way to dispose of her.

"It was the cheapest easiest way to dispose of her." Wow, those words are powerful, and very possibly true. It hurts me to hear that. I can only imagine how her loved ones feel about the way SL just "got rid of her", and they didn't get the chance to say goodbye the way they may have preferred. He did not give them an option, it was a done deal.

"It was the cheapest easiest way to dispose of her." Wow, those words are powerful, and very possibly true. It hurts me to hear that. I can only imagine how her loved ones feel about the way SL just "got rid of her", and they didn't get the chance to say goodbye the way they may have preferred. He did not give them an option, it was a done deal.

Let's not forget that there had been a $1 million dollar insurance policy in place for nearly a year. This was a diabolical, premeditated murder intended to not just wipe ML off the planet but to emotionally destroy her family and friends who loved her. I don't believe this guy thought this plan up on his own because he did get caught rather quickly.

JMO

I'm not sure of how most insurance policies work, but when you take out a life policy, is there a waiting period? Even if there wasn't an insurance policy, the "guilt level" shoots higher if one tries to claim on a post taken out yesterday. Maybe the policy was "just in case", and then in January, he decided to go ahead.

Again, this is only my opinion.

Even if the test was posted before the murder, was there anything that would identify Melinda? If the ex was simply posting about the woman who slept with her husband, I don't see that she did anything untoward.

the text was posted BEFORE the murder, i'm not going to post the link on here HOWEVER if ANYONE wants to see the posts that are being talked about feel free to private message me and i will send you in the right direction to find all of these things that are being talked abouty

as for asking if it would identify Melinda, she states in one post that her face is on the billboard so yes it identifies her.

I would imagine if the "stalker" was obsessed with Melinda, he would want to get rid of the competition (SL) so that she would be available for him. Why leave SL alive and well? And as Set Her Soul Free stated, Melinda never saw the stalker, only what the stalker was reported to have done.

this is what i said.. IF i was stalking someone... i wouldnt off the person i was stalking and leave the partner alive..it makes NO sense at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1