GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what you said:

That makes it sound like the FBI is involved and/OR did the test.

I will repeat one last time, I was told this was an f.b.i. lab, if it's not, so be it, the results are the same. I seriously doubt Porter County would use some off the wall lab, I'm sure they use a reputable lab. I'm sorry if you don't like the results so feel the need to tar and feather me.

Agree. The Chief Deputy Prosecutor also said they do not plan to investigate further, according to the Chicago Tribune article today:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...sey-trial-resumes-st-0925-20150924-story.html

In the end, this is an Internet sleuthing forum. We are not the jury, so trying to change our opinions is really a moot point. I'm sure it is frustrating for a family member of the accused, but what we think has no bearing on what happens.

Agree. The Chief Deputy Prosecutor also said they do not plan to investigate further, according to the Chicago Tribune article today:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...sey-trial-resumes-st-0925-20150924-story.html

In the end, this is an Internet sleuthing forum. We are not the jury, so trying to change our opinions is really a moot point. I'm sure it is frustrating for a family member of the accused, but what we think has no bearing on what happens.
I don't have a subscription to the paper. Is the article saying that the investigation is complete into the accusations made by the new witness?

I don't have a subscription to the paper. Is the article saying that the investigation is complete into the accusations made by the new witness?

From the article.....

Porter County Chief Deputy Prosecutor Matthew Frost said that his office won't be pursuing another individual who came up during the investigation.

"We've ruled that out," Frost said "He's got an iron-clad alibi."

From the article.....
Thank you for the quote. Wow. This witness is so disgusting to me. There is now almost a two month delay in justice all because of this woman's need for revenge of an ex boyfriend. IMO

"Court documents said police came to the house after receiving calls about gunshots, some from Steven Lindsey, who they found with his hands zip-tied behind his back in the bedroom of the couple's 2-year-old daughter."
From the article linked up thread:
So there appears to be more than just the 911 calls from SL.

It's no surprise to me that this witness accusing her (ex)boyfriend isn't holding water. It's anyone's guess what her motive is for doing this.

Obviously this has thrown a wrench into the process. And the defense is going to jump all over this and spend lots of time (and lots more money) chasing down every loose end hoping to find the "real killer(s)" when this was probably some revenge tactic pulled by a mad ex-girlfriend.

Very sad for both sides.

It's no surprise to me that this witness accusing her (ex)boyfriend isn't holding water. It's anyone's guess what her motive is for doing this.

Obviously this has thrown a wrench into the process. And the defense is going to jump all over this and spend lots of time (and lots more money) chasing down every loose end hoping to find the "real killer(s)" when this was probably some revenge tactic pulled by a mad ex-girlfriend.

Very sad for both sides.
Can't help wondering if this new witness actually did know SL... There was some speculation early on, that he might have been having an affair, I wonder if this woman and SL could have been seeing each other on the down low. She wouldn't have told her boyfriend, or the authorities...
Purely speculation on my part, of course.

....more speculation...If the ex-boyfriend of this "witness" continued to carry a torch for Melinda during his new relationship with this witness, this could have caused problems in the relationship. Then if they broke up, this jealousy could have brought on this act of revenge.

Again, this is pure speculation on my part.

I can not tell you what this female said the motive was, but she did give the motive. It's my understanding another person, independent of the original witness, that was interviewed in relation to this females statement gave the same story and motive. Further delay's are inevitable as more evidence comes in.
Somehow I missed this... So now there are TWO witnesses? Both saying Mystery Guy committed the crime, and both giving identical stories/motive? ( unless your referring to Steve, as the "Other person interviewed).

In the coming days/weeks we're going to hear lots more about this "witness" and her story. At this point, I think it's important to remember that the judge still denied bond. That speaks volumes.

"Court documents said police came to the house after receiving calls about gunshots, some from Steven Lindsey, who they found with his hands zip-tied behind his back in the bedroom of the couple's 2-year-old daughter."

Good catch. That is the first time I've seen it said there were calls from others.

I feel this was most likely a typo. Police went door to door talking to neighbors, and no one heard/saw anything, far as I read.

Multiple phone calls none of the neighbors reported hearing the gunshot, but SL called 911 he then hung up and called his brother and then he called 911 back, I wonder if SL's brother called 911 after talking to SL. SL calling twice can be reported as phone calls not just phone call, and it would still be accurate.

Other than being mad at her boyfriend what could some of the other motives be for someone to step up at the last minute with new information. Could there be a promise of future money,

Hope this interruption in the trial gives Melinda's loved ones a chance to gain some extra strength

I know little about insurance, IF (and this in my opinion is not likely) that SL is found not guilty. Would the life insurance money go to him (I read the last thread but it is hard to read since a lot has been removed, I have to assume that no payout has been made)?

I feel this was most likely a typo. Police went door to door talking to neighbors, and no one heard/saw anything, far as I read.

What happened with the neighbor who was going to become verified? There was something with the alarm system at the neighbor's house that was never clarified, unless I missed it.

Multiple phone calls none of the neighbors reported hearing the gunshot, but SL called 911 he then hung up and called his brother and then he called 911 back, I wonder if SL's brother called 911 after talking to SL. SL calling twice can be reported as phone calls not just phone call, and it would still be accurate.

Other than being mad at her boyfriend what could some of the other motives be for someone to step up at the last minute with new information. Could there be a promise of future money,

Hope this interruption in the trial gives Melinda's loved ones a chance to gain some extra strength

I've listened to the 911 calls, and the calls between 911 and the first responders at the scene. There was no indication that any other disturbance was reported, other than SL's two call to 911.

Also I do feel promised money was possibly the reason for this sudden new witness. Jmo, but the guy was ruled out early with an air-tight alibi, ( by the sound of things), he really wasn't in any danger of serious consideration, wouldn't be worth much as far as "revenge" imo, but could be worth a lot to SL to stall things.

It was pushed back til the the beginning of November.

starshine4u, I'm sorry people are all over you about one comment. It does not matter here, on this forum, whether the fbi lab did the tests, or a lab that the fbi uses. It will matter in the court room perhaps...but it's not worth all of the nastiness for you just sharing information "as you heard it".

I for one thank you for your posts, and your loyalty to your friend. Most people believe SL is the murderer, and it'll be interesting to see how the defense will try to turn attention to just about anybody to cast doubt on SL's involvement.

There is no need for people to be rude here. This is a place to share information and opinions. We all have a right to our opinion, and any opinion, well presented, can be appreciated. But mud-slinging just brings the standard down, and accomplishes absolutely nothing but annoying nice people (nasty people like nasty).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy