GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the other child still has a parent capable of making decisions on his behalf such as medical, schools, home. SL is the only parent EL has and the State won't let him make decisions on her behalf as long as he is behind bars. That's the way jails work in almost all states. I'm not aware of any place that is different.

JMO
Ok thanks. That does make sense. And thank God that other child is safe and out of harm's way.

From what I was told, it's bc of the policy on babygirl.

Which makes sense to me

#JusticeForMelinda
Do you know for certain that there is a policy on Baby Girl? I ask because starshine4u seemed so sure there wasn't. But as I said yesterday she almost always posts the exact opposite of what you say.

Yes I know for certain, her parents confirmed that a few weeks ago, when meeting with lawyers and cps

#JusticeForMelinda

Yes I know for certain, her parents confirmed that a few weeks ago, when meeting with lawyers and cps

#JusticeForMelinda

Who has the policy on baby girl then? Steve didn't. Did her parents? My brother has all of Steve's bills, all his cancelled checks, all his important documents and there is no insurance policy on anyone other then Melinda. There is nothing in any of the evidence from the prosecutor mentioning a policy either. Did you see one? Did anyone see a policy? You'd think after two months of the bills going to my brother's home he would have received a notice of payment on a policy if there was one. Edit to add, there is nothing in the insurance agent's interview suggesting there was a policy on the baby either.

Do you know for certain that there is a policy on Baby Girl? I ask because starshine4u seemed so sure there wasn't. But as I said yesterday she almost always posts the exact opposite of what you say.

Do you want her to post and agree with everything the other side is saying ? Starshine4U has stated that she can't discuss some things on here but she seems to posts facts from documents she has read and even posted where you could find such things concerning the case...for instance that Lawsuit filed...you would have thought it was Steve's family that filed something from what people were posting......OMG they want the million dollars or whatever...wasn't Steve's family at all that filed anything... so, I wouldn't expect her to agree with the opposite side when she knows another side to the story...

I think his plans had to change when Melinda didn't die right away AND the gun jammed. He could not take the baby with him because if he had her with him, police would know he had been at Melinda's house.

I think he stayed at the house because he feared Melinda would survive.

So kudos to Melinda for staying alive. She forced SL to change his plans.

JMO
Yep. If she had died at 4am he could have gotten out of there, gotten rid of the gun, and been safely tucked away at his brother's when the girls arrived for brunch. He might have been suspected, but without the murder weapon or an eyewitness he could very well have gotten away with it.

Yep. If she had died at 4am he could have gotten out of there, gotten rid of the gun, and been safely tucked away at his brother's when the girls arrived for brunch. He might have been suspected, but without the murder weapon or an eyewitness he could very well have gotten away with it.

Why 4 AM ?

I still feel that for him to pull that off he would have had to leave Baby Girl. SetHerSoulFree said they were supposed to meet Melinda and BabyGirl. If SL had taken Baby Girl with him, he would have had to explain how he got her, when he got her. It could have been established that he was the last person to see Melinda alive. So if we are hypothesizing that his original plan may have been to have SetHerSoulFree and BB discover Melinda in order to avoid all suspicion, Baby Girl would have had to remain in the house with her mother. That's cold. Really cold.

This sounds exactly right, to me too. How horrible. And it didn't give him a lot of time to set up the alternative story, knowing her friends were coming over.

It also would have given him a chance to get rid of the clothing he had on, and take a shower to get rid of the gunshot residue, too.

It gives me chills to think of the potential fate of baby girl if the gun had not jammed. It appears there was a financial benefit if she died, too.

This sounds exactly right, to me too. How horrible. And it didn't give him a lot of time to set up the alternative story, knowing her friends were coming over.
What am I missing here? Why 4 AM ? If she died at 4 AM....what about 5 or 6 AM??...I guess I'm not understanding what that means...

What if SL didn't know that Melinda and baby girl were going to meet friends for brunch until bedtime.

It's been stated that SL was very controlling never let Melinda out of his sight, Melinda knowing what he's like she doesn't say anything about brunch until the night before the shooting, because she knows if she says she's going to meet friends he's going to get mad, maybe take baby girl away again. They fight and Melinda goes to bed, SL simmers and stews, decides to shoot Melinda, because he's going to show her who's boss.

What am I missing here? Why 4 AM ? If she died at 4 AM....what about 5 or 6 AM??...I guess I'm not understanding what that means...

Nobody will probably find out the time of the shooting until the final autopsy report. Melinda may have laid there dying for hours

The times are just speculation, we only know for sure that the 911 call came in just after 6 am, but it doesn't seem logical that she was shot within a minute of the 911 call, so we know that she was shot on or before 6am

Nobody will probably find out the time of the shooting until the final autopsy report. Melinda may have laid there dying for hours

The times are just speculation, we only know for sure that the 911 call came in just after 6 am, but it doesn't seem logical that she was shot within a minute of the 911 call, so we know that she was shot on or before 6am

Well, I do know that the 6 AM I posted wasn't realistic since the call to 911 was made at 6:19 AM by Steve...I just wanted to know why 4 AM was mentioned and supposedly made sense from the response from others...

Well, I do know that the 6 AM I posted wasn't realistic since the call to 911 was made at 6:19 AM by Steve...I just wanted to know why 4 AM was mentioned and supposedly made sense from the response from others...

She was known to get up around 4:30 ish to prepare breakfast for the baby. She was still in bed, so it is (hoped), believed, she may not have been awake when she was shot.

The police know EXACTLY what time the gunshot went off. It is part of evidence. The 911 call was made almost immediately following the gunshot, not hours later.

I'm glad the Police have evidence...most likely more than anyone knows and will come out in trial...I truly would hate to see a man convicted of something he might not have done.I think its pretty obvious that I don't think he did...but, I have been wrong before when following other cases on here..

Why 4 AM ?
Melinda posted on her Facebook page that her routine was to get up at 4:30 in order to make breakfast for her baby by 5. I said 4 because I assumed his plan was to do it when she was still sound asleep.

Melinda posted on her Facebook page that her routine was to get up at 4:30 in order to make breakfast for her baby by 5. I said 4 because I assumed his plan was to do it when she was still sound asleep.
Which begs the question, if she always got up around 4 am why was she still in bed after 6? Did he put her back in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy