GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, didn't miss that this new "suspect" is an ex-boyfriend of Melinda's. However; if he *is* or *was* so dangerous that he was going to kill her, there would be some type of documentation to back this up. i.e.: Police reports NAMING him. Past protection orders, etc.
This is just WAY too convenient for me.

And yes, the gunshot residue was reported from a reliable source as were the zip-ties.

Information on the gunshot residue came from reliable news sources who claimed to be using information provided by the police. If it was a false positive result, it wasn't reported as such.

download.jpg

I posted the lab results, not sure if you can read them........maybe a link would be better. No, nadda, none, gunshot residue on Steve.

So some guy from Melinda's past breaks into Melinda's home, leaves no trace, knows where the gun is kept, and his "girlfriend" fingers him for the job,

Sounds like this "girlfriend" is mad at her man, maybe her man was saddened by the death of Melinda, and the "girlfriend" just couldn't handle it

I'm glad the prosecutor wants to investigate these allegations, I would hate for a mistrial,

At least they didn't try and pin it on SL's exwife, that's whom I have thought all along that SL would try and pin the murder on

From my understanding, the female went to police last Monday, but the city department she went to dropped the ball and didn't get the info to the Sheriff's department until a week later. The prosecutor didn't receive the info until that evening. Not sure how this can be spun around to appear as if Steve or his attorney did it. As for the girl and a protection order, or police reports, I'm sure that's part of what is being investigated. This particular guy though, did in fact have a history of violence.

It is too small to be read. I tried to enlarge it and it was unreadable.

Again......the preliminary tests were a false positive. The lab results from the f.b.i. which the papers do not have access to yet, showed NO gunshot residue on Steve ANYWHERE.

Again......the preliminary tests were a false positive. The lab results from the f.b.i. which the papers do not have access to yet, showed NO gunshot residue on Steve ANYWHERE.

When was the FBI brought in on this case, I don't ever remember reading that the FBI were ever involved

In case you missed it, the "witness" in question is the girlfriend of an ex-boyfriend of Melinda's. There is no connection between her and Steve. The prosecution asked for and got a delay in the trial so they can figure out how to proceed from this point. Much will depend on the outcome of the investigation into this female's allegation. Steve's attorney agreed to the short recess, he did not ask for it. Also, you can put to rest the gun residue. The initial tests were a "false" positive. The ties DID NOT connect back to Steve's work. There is so much false information being spread on these boards, thank God for a judicial system that requires the truth and the truth is in the discovery and evidence, not on Websleuths.

I can understand your hostility, due to the emotional impact this must surely be having on you, and your family.
(although perhaps not, when it was directed towards the victim, as per your earlier posts.)

(Were it my relative, I probably wouldn't even bother come here, in light of the evident sentiment, and general opinion, of the posters).

But since you choose to participate, I find it somewhat offensive, that you do so in an accusatory way. (JMO!). There is no need for belittling sarcasm, ("In case you missed it" ect...), or insistence that we are making up truth out of whole cloth.

We are not here, "spreading false information". as you assert. We are here to support justice for Melinda. We can only discuss what facts have been made available to us.

So, let me ask you are you here to support justice for Melinda too?

I can understand your hostility, due to the emotional impact this must surely be having on you, and your family.

(Were it my relative, I probably wouldn't even bother come here, in light of the evident sentiment, and general opinion, of the posters).

But since you choose to participate, I find it somewhat offensive, that you do so in an accusatory way. (JMO!). There is no need for belittling sarcasm, ("In case you missed it" ect...), or insistence that we are making up truth out of whole cloth.

We are not here, "spreading false information". as you assert. We are here to support justice Melinda. We can only discuss what facts have been made available to us.

So, let me ask you are you here to support justice for Melinda too?

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum for sure, it is not however a support forum, it is for sleuthing the truth in crimes. I support justice for Melinda, and that means in prosecuting "whoever" is responsible for her murder. No one has been convicted, the only evidence "out" there is what has been posted in the paper. When I know the truth do you suggest I allow the false hoods to stand? Someone not long ago put out the gun had jammed and everyone ran with that as a "fact", when in fact it is not true. So I suggest there is some spreading of false information.

Law enforcement generally does not make arrest without SIGNIFICANT evidence. And further, prosecutors don't file charges unless the case and evidence is STRONG and they feel they can WIN the case. This wasn't a situation where they thought, "Oh he probably did it, let's arrest him."

Thank you for posting the larger version. Is this the FBI report on GSR and do you have the date this was completed? I didn't see a date on this.

February 25th the results came back. I only posted the second page because that's the page the results were on.

This ex-boyfriend theory makes NO sense to me.

*IF* this is what happened, then it would seem that the ex-boyfriend's intent was to kill Melinda. So he came into an unlocked house (they left the doors unlocked even though she was being stalked) the ex-boyfriend and his accomplice choked out SL and dragged him to the baby's room, without biding his feet. (All without making a mess or leaving any marks on SL) Then with this intent to kill, the ex-boyfriend didn't bother to bring along a weapon. He just *hoped* that Melinda or SL might have a gun laying around ready to use, and not use it against him. Then they shoot her and run out of the house. And for what reason? What would be the motive? This makes no sense.

*IF* this is what happened, then it would seem that the ex-boyfriend's intent was to kill Melinda. So he came into an unlocked house (they left the doors unlocked even though she was being stalked) the ex-boyfriend and his accomplice choked out SL and dragged him to the baby's room, without biding his feet. (All without making a mess or leaving any marks on SL) Then with this intent to kill, the ex-boyfriend didn't bother to bring along a weapon. He just *hoped* that Melinda or SL might have a gun laying around ready to use, and not use it against him. Then they shoot her and run out of the house. And for what reason? What would be the motive? This makes no sense.

I am wondering the same. Plus with insurance policy about to expire, just run in there and kill the policy holder, leave the beneficiary unharmed. The gun didn't jam, apparently, so why not kill SL? Don't want to be in for two murders? Certainly would have been in the killers best interest, not to leave an adult alive to tell the tale... Wonder if this last minute witness, gave a motive?

I agree on the motive issue. Why would a boyfriend from several years ago be so mad that he would want her dead? And what would be in it for his accomplice, other than a possible life sentence?

Are you sure the doors were unlocked? Not sure where that came from. I've seen the pictures of the doors and know what they looked like, but that's part of the defense, so I'll leave it alone.....I just wouldn't lay my hat on the "rumor" that they were unlocked. Do we know the ex-boyfriend didn't bring a weapon? (if this girl is to be believed) I read the police report, I know what was alleged, I wouldn't put any money that he didn't allegedly have a weapon. There is btw a gunshot shell in evidence. I can't give you answers to all your questions because they are all part of the defense and it wouldn't be fair if I divulged the truth in some of those allegations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladjusik