IN- Near Madison Dec 13,2023: Mom and her three children aged 12, eight and six - are found shot dead in burned out Indiana home

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

MizStery

Missing Pregnant Lacy P. brought me here in 2005
Reaction score
MADISON, Ind.Dec 13,2023 — Officials said they found "injuries consistent with gunshot wounds" on all four of the people who were pronounced dead after a house fire in Madison, Ind. Tuesday evening.

Naomi Briner, 35, was found alongside daughters Adelia, 12, and Iyla, 6, as well as 8-year-old son Leland, with gunshot wounds Dec13 near Madison.

The fire was reported at around 4 p.m. with fire personnel discovering the bodies in the house upon entrance.

ISP: Victims identified in Madison, Ind. house fire had 'injuries consistent with gunshot wounds'

This is her FB---look at her job [or it was in 2022]

• Health Services Administrator at Madison Correctional Facility
    Q9Qu4uLgzdm.png

Last edited:
I went through all the posts and pictures on her FB----most of the pictures were of her 3 adorable, smiling children... :(

I saw some of her father and some of her siblings---but in all of the pictures of the 3 kids, even in their youngest baby and toddler pics, I see no pictures of a father.

Maybe she deleted any of them with him in it?

This is her FB---look at her job [or it was in 2022]

• Health Services Administrator at Madison Correctional Facility
    Q9Qu4uLgzdm.png

What a beautiful family. They must've been so scared. RIP Mama and babies.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ... My initial suspicion was that this might be a tragic murder-suicide situation--I haven't seen it explicitly ruled out in any of the reporting issued to date. Either way, it's truly awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
My initial suspicion was that this might be a tragic murder-suicide situation--I haven't seen it explicitly ruled out in any of the reporting issued to date. Either way, it's truly awful.
This just compounds my grief over the immeasurable loss of life.

realanastasia following what has been reported. Have you read any indication if the LE inquiry/investigation indicates if the mother’s death was homicide or suicide? As for now what I've seen is they are only calling it a death investigation. Which could mean anything. But I have found the reporting on main stream media is to be almost nonexistent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am searching for TOS approved links. Here are two obituaries for the precious lives of Leland and his sister Iyla. I am continuing my search although I will be at a family gathering for part of the day.

I found the obituary for
Leland Matlock Briner, age 8, of Madison, Indiana entered this life on June 26, 2015 in Jeffersonville, Indiana. He was the son of Danny Matlock and Naomi Sue Briner. He resided all of his life in Jefferson County and was raised on Rykers Ridge.
Obituary for Leland Matlock "Wee Man" Briner at Madison Chapel

Iyla Danielle Briner, age 6, of Madison, Indiana entered this life on December 19, 2016 in Jeffersonville, Indiana. She was the daughter of Danny Matlock and Naomi Sue Briner.
Obituary for Iyla Danielle "Baby Bear" Briner at Madison Chapel

An obituary for Naomi Briner. There is remarkable distancing between Matlocks and Briners in the writing of these obituaries. MOO MOO MOO

Boys and Girls Club of Jefferson County posted a beautiful piece on FB. The kids were clearly revered in the community. Oddly, there is no mention of mom or dad at all.

Funeral services for the two youngest are the day before the mom's service.

Last edited:
I wonder why the two obituaries written by the Matlock family list the children's last name as Briner but minimize the mother's side of the family. Also, the oldest child, Adelia doesn't appear to have an obituary or funeral plans. Strange to me.

MADISON, Ind.Dec 13,2023 — Officials said they found "injuries consistent with gunshot wounds" on all four of the people who were pronounced dead after a house fire in Madison, Ind. Tuesday evening.

Naomi Briner, 35, was found alongside daughters Adelia, 12, and Iyla, 6, as well as 8-year-old son Leland, with gunshot wounds Dec13 near Madison.

The fire was reported at around 4 p.m. with fire personnel discovering the bodies in the house upon entrance.

ISP: Victims identified in Madison, Ind. house fire had 'injuries consistent with gunshot wounds'

Has ISP indicated if there will be a press conference updating the community on the investigation? Here is a report from neighboring Louisville Ky dated Dec 14,2023. Sadly does not answer any of our questions.
Neighbors: things seemed ‘normal’ at house where three kids were killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members