IN - Newborn safely surrendered to very first Safe Haven Baby Box installed, Woodburn, Sep 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
“This surrender is extra special. This is where our vision became reality,” Safe Haven Baby Box founder Monica Kelsey said. “We are proud of our community being a leader in change, so that this mother in crisis would have an option of anonymity. It is an honor to have this mother trust us, and we know she loves her baby immensely.”

This is the first baby to be safely surrendered at the location – eight years after the original box was installed.

The Woodburn Fire Department is thankful they were able to help save a life.

“It’s a feeling of excitement, it’s a feeling of pride, and it’s honoring the mission that Safe Haven Baby Boxes have put in place,” Fire Chief Joshua Hale said.

Each baby box has a heating and cooling element to provide comfort to the infant when it’s placed inside. There are also silent alarms to notify first responders immediately to care for the newborn.

I need to mention this- some safe haven boxes aren't ideal in regions where there are low temperatures during winters. (A woman in crisis might leave an infant in a haven box and not think about whether the infant might make it through a few hours or overnight.)
Women's shelters need to keep reaching out to women who might become pregnant with no options for healthcare. We do what we can in my region but women need to help each other. The United States lags behinds so many nations in terms of health outreach for women of childbearing age.

I need to mention this- some safe haven boxes aren't ideal in regions where there are low temperatures during winters. (A woman in crisis might leave an infant in a haven box and not think about whether the infant might make it through a few hours or overnight.)
Women's shelters need to keep reaching out to women who might become pregnant with no options for healthcare. We do what we can in my region but women need to help each other. The United States lags behinds so many nations in terms of health outreach for women of childbearing age.
From the attached article: "Each baby box has a heating and cooling element to provide comfort to the infant when it’s placed inside. There are also silent alarms to notify first responders immediately to care for the newborn. “This box worked exactly as it was designed to. The box worked flawlessly. The fire department did exactly what they were trained to do. They had this baby in their arms in a matter of minutes,” Kelsey said."

But it's better than baby being tossed in a dumpster! That's what these are FOR! When someone is scared and desperate, maybe in a really bad abuse situation and, they have no other options, those babies no longer have to end up in trash cans and can instead be taken to a safe heaven and, if you red the article, you would have seen that they are temperature controlled and, THE INSTANT a baby is put in one, there are silent alarms that go off IMMEDIATELY to alert multiple people so that someone can retrieve the baby immediately so, baby is not in there for "a few hours" and most definitely, not "overnight" idk where you got that cuz, that does not happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back