Found Safe IN - Phoebe Sickles, 23, Indianapolis, 16 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She was definitely seen at her apartment after dropping the children off to see their father? Is this on camera or did someone else who lives there see her?

Her husband came to where Phoebe was on June 14 and picked up the kids from her at that time. No one saw it but one of the people who lives at the home where they were picked up has spoken to him and the story absolutely checks out.

She was definitely seen at her apartment after dropping the children off to see their father? Is this on camera or did someone else who lives there see her?

She could not have "definitely" been seen at her apartment because she doesn't have an apartment. I don't know who is saying that she does, but they are mistaken. She was at someone else's apartment the last time she was verified to have been seen. She did not drop her children off with their father, he picked them up from her at a family member's house two days before she disappeared. It is not on camera, it was witnessed by another family member.

Hey everyone,

Mama Gigi has now been approved as a Verified Insider as Phoebe's family member in this discussion.

As a VI, Mama Gigi can post inside information and their knowledge about the case without having to provide links to substantiate what they say. In all other respects, VIs are required to comply with Websleuths Terms of Service. Members are asked to treat our VI with respect at all times, without challenging them, bickering with them, or badgering them for information they may not want to share or be able to share.

Thank you to Mama Gigi for being here for Phoebe, and to all our members who are here to help by discussing Phoebe's case.

Forgive me, Mama Gigi. I was simply trying to figure out what specifically was the last sighting of her.

It has occurred to me that perhaps, given she was without the children, she may have decided to try out a new style. Would she have gone to a salon for her hair or was she skilled enough to do this herself?

I was just thinking maybe she has been seen since and her hair is just different than her photo.

Hi guys. I am Phoebe's stepmother. Darthmike616 is my husband, Phoebe's father.

We appreciate the interest and concern for Phoebe's case. We understand the questions and confusion because we are feeling all of that, too. We get conflicting info about where she is, why she is here or there, which side of town she is on, why she disappeared in the first place, etc.

The story, as I know it:

Phoebe was at our house with her kids from June 10-14. They were supposed to be here for the long-term, but she decided she needed to go to Indianapolis to "visit friends" (we live in southern Indiana, just across the river from Louisville, KY, which is about 100 miles or a 2 hour drive from Indy) and was expected back on June 15 or 16 (when she told us she was leaving, she asked me if I could pick her up "tomorrow or the next day"). Her husband picked up the kids from my house on the evening of June 14. Phoebe left with someone else, maybe 30 minutes after her husband left with the kids. That is the last time WE saw her, and the last time she saw her kids. I don't know who Phoebe left with, and I could kick myself for not going outside while she waited for her ride. I was texting with her from right before until a little bit after she left. I asked her who picked her up and she gave me a (female) name I had never heard mention of before. We haven't figured out who actually picked her up and no one else, including her mother and her husband, has heard of the person she named. That was the last time I spoke to her. My husband was texting with her on June 16, his birthday and the last time Phoebe was known to be seen.

On the evening of June 16, Phoebe was with "friends" at their apartment on the south side of Indy. She called her mother to tell her she was on her way over, but she never showed up. One of these "friends" has changed her story at least 3 times. We have it in print. One "friend" has told a lie that is just ridiculous--he said one of Phoebe's family members drove Phoebe to him to get money, but this family member doesn't drive and was out of town that entire week. Her mother contacted me on Saturday, June 19, to ask if we had spoken to her. Her husband reached out on the 20th, Father's Day, to ask of we had talked to her. Her mother filed a missing persons report on Father's Day.

A social worker went to Phoebe's husband's house on June 22, I believe, to see if Phoebe was there. She said she searched every inch of the house, even opening all cupboards and drawers, but Phoebe was not there. I don't know what Phoebe's husband had or hadn't said to this person, but she was unaware that Phoebe was missing. We do not suspect her husband did anything, for the record. He was living with his father in Terre Haute, which is about 45 minutes to an hour away from Indy, and Phoebe just would not have had an opportunity to meet up with him. There are other, more intimate, details that help bolster my belief that he didn't have anything to do with this, but we are not sharing that publicly at this time.

She went missing from the area of Thompson Road and US 31 South/East Street on the south side of Indy (that's where the "friends" apartment is) but our most recent alleged sightings of her have been on the east side, near 21st and Shadeland. None of the sightings have been by anyone who knows her. We go look on weekends, Phoebe's mother has friends out looking nearly every day and night, we are putting up flyers, posting on Facebook daily, etc.

Wednesday marked 6 weeks since she disappeared. She has NEVER been away from her kids this long, or without explanation. She has never gone more than a day or two without checking on them. And that is only because they are with us for the weekend, with her mother, etc, never because she ran off. The last time I spoke to her, she was very concerned about being allowed to come back to our house. We told her that as long as we have a roof over our heads, she and her babies do, too. The last text he sent my husband was something like, "I'll do what ever I have to do to support my kids." She was making plans to get her license, to go job hunting with my 21yo son so they could ride together, etc. Those aren't the words and actions of someone who is planning to abandon her three children.

Oh, and yes, Phoebe has been diagnosed as being bipolar. She used to take meds for it. I am not sure if she is supposed to be taking meds now, but she isn't taking anything. She has also never had an episode of any sort because of it. We know that doesn't mean she never will/would.

The cemetery pix. Phoebe is into black. Phoebe is into dark stuff (not dangerous or criminal, I just mean that she likes emo, punk, Gothic, etc, kinds of things). She isn't a hard core criminal or gangster. Phoebe is funny, smart, talented (she is SUCH a great artist!), beautiful, kind,all the things. She has had a rough time for a little while now and needs to be with the people who love her and support her and who will guide her in the right direction.

She has not gone to a salon. Phoebe has no money, first of all. And her mother is a trained hairdresser. She would not let anyone but her mother touch her hair. Everything she does like hair and makeup stuff, she does it herself or her mother does it for her. Phoebe is not out there living a glamorous life of freedom without her kids. Her oldest daughter turned 4 on July 3 and Phoebe wasn't there to celebrate with her. We were just SURE she would be home in time for her daughter's birthday. It was hard for me when that date came and went and Phoebe didn't show up. That is when it really hit me. Now I just feel like a zombie all the time. I don't eat right, don't sleep right, I am miserable. I met Phoebe when she was 8 years old and I have loved her since that day. I couldn't love her more if I had given birth to her myself. She and my 21yo son are BFF's and we have 13yo and 14yo sons at home who love Phoebe dearly (we have a son about to turn 26, Phoebe is 23, then my 21yo, 14yo, and 13yo--Phoebe is the only older sibling they like. Haha!). They are very worried about her. But the bit that gets to me the most is those babies. they are 4y, 2.5y, and 7m. They need their mommy to come home.

I tried to address as many of the questions and issues as I could remember. I will answer anything you've got, as long as it isn't something that needs to be confidential for now (or forever).

Thanks again for your interest and concern with Phoebe's case. We appreciate everyone who is praying, sharing Facebook posts, putting up flyers, web sleuthing, etc. I know that one of these days very soon, we WILL find her and bring her home!

Forgive me, Mama Gigi. I was simply trying to figure out what specifically was the last sighting of her.

It has occurred to me that perhaps, given she was without the children, she may have decided to try out a new style. Would she have gone to a salon for her hair or was she skilled enough to do this herself?

I was just thinking maybe she has been seen since and her hair is just different than her photo.

No forgiveness needed. You're totally fine. I just wrote a big post about the whole story as I know it and addressed this point there, as well. Phoebe is not in a position to go to a salon. She doesn't have money, first of all. And she always does that stuff herself or her mother does it (her mother used to be a hairdresser). No one else is allowed to tough Phoebe's head. She is not off somewhere living a life of luxury and splurging on things for herself. I can't be more specific on that at this time, but I am confident that is not the case.

On the evening of June 16, Phoebe was with "friends" at their apartment on the south side of Indy. She called her mother to tell her she was on her way over, but she never showed up. One of these "friends" has changed her story at least 3 times. We have it in print. One "friend" has told a lie that is just ridiculous--he said one of Phoebe's family members drove Phoebe to him to get money, but this family member doesn't drive and was out of town that entire week. Her mother contacted me on Saturday, June 19, to ask if we had spoken to her. Her husband reached out on the 20th, Father's Day, to ask of we had talked to her. Her mother filed a missing persons report on Father's Day.

RSBM BBM
@Mama Gigi Can I ask the gender of the "family member" that you mention in this paragraph?

@Mama Gigi
Can you say anymore about what Phoebe was doing in the area of Thompson Road and US 31 South/East Street? Was she just at an apartment? That is a fairly busy and very commercial area, at least that corner and a little north by the expressway. If she was out and about I would think that she would have been seen by people she wasn't with and caught on a camera or six. IMO

Based upon what Mama says, I think the next step is to find out why she was with these friends, and where they went between June 16 and when LE contacted them.

I agree! None of these friends will speak to us, they HAVE talked to the police but gave Phoebe's mother one story, gave the cops a second story, then gave Phoebe's mom a THIRD story. We've gone to the apartment but they won't answer the door for us. The police took them at their word and didn't find Phoebe before deciding she simply chose to run off, and then they closed her case. We accept the possibility that she did, in fact, choose to run away from everything. She is so very young, she has 3 tiny kids, she was starting the divorce process, etc. I'm sure she is stressed out. We want to hear it from her mouth, though, if that's the case. I'd accept it from the police, even, if they spoke to her face to face. Because maybe she did run off but is now in a situation she can't get herself out of and is scared or being hurt somehow. We need to know. But they didn't follow any of the tips about sightings of her or check out anyplace these friends told them. My husband is getting the police files, so we are hoping there is SOMETHING in there we can use.

RSBM BBM
@Mama Gigi Can I ask the gender of the "family member" that you mention in this paragraph?

The family member who was claimed to have driven her to this friend is a male.

The friend's apartment she was at is there on Thompson, across from the Red Lobster. The friend has since been evicted and we don't know where she went. But they were over there just hanging out. In one story, the friend said she saw Phoebe get picked up in a [Ford Focus?]. In another story , the friend said her boyfriend (the friend's boyfriend) drove Phoebe to her mom's old house. Then a friend of this friend showed my husband and I a screenshot of her asking about the [Ford Focus?] and she said she had to kick everyone out of her place because they were being to loud or something and added, "That's my boyfriend's car." This girl spoke with both my husband and I via Facebook Messenger and suggested that my husband call her (on Facebook) the next day at "2:30 or 3" because she would be with her boyfriend at that time and we could speak to them both at the same time. She went on and on to me about how Phoebe is her best friend, always listened without judgement, all these great things about our daughter. And then she ghosted us. My husband called her a few times, messaged her, and she never responded. She ended up blocking him. She tells strangers all kinds of stuff but won't speak to the family. I told her we don't blame her for anything, we aren't accusing her of anything, we just wanted to hear about that night to see if there were pieces we could put together. She thanked me for giving her a chance to tell her story because she doesn't like having this suspicion hanging over her and she wants Phoebe to come home as much as any of us. Sure you do, lady. It is SO frustrating!

Mama Gigi, Phoebe sounds like a good person. I will pray.

Thank you so much. Phoebe IS a good person, she just needs support and guidance. She has a huge heart, she is funny and smart and talented and sometimes infuriating, but she isn't trying to hurt anybody. She's just young with a lot of responsibilities. I keep praying that she just flipped out for a second and needed a break, but the longer this goes, the more we worry. She missed her daughter's birthday. That is not like her at all. I was SO sure she would be home for that. I am heartboken. We all are.

I asked her who picked her up and she gave me a (female) name I had never heard mention of before.

<snipped to ask this question>

Have you searched her social media to see if that name is anywhere there - you might check for that and then even check if that name is listed anywhere as a friend of one of her friends.

Re the cemetery picture, I understand - I just thought maybe it was a special place that had some significance to her (as in maybe someone she had loved was buried there).

Have faith that we will keep praying for her to come home soon.
<many hugs to you and your family>

My thoughts and prayers for Phoebe's family. I hope you all will find her or she comes back home soon. You sound like a very nice stepmom!! Special prayers for her children as well.

I like to think I'm a nice stepmom! Lol. We have a really good relationship. She actually reaches out to me instead of her dad most of the time. She called me, not her dad, to ask if they could come stay with us in June, for example. I have treated her as one of my own, the only exception being that I spanked my biological children occasionally. I would never put a hand on a child that I didn't give birth to.

<snipped to ask this question>

Have you searched her social media to see if that name is anywhere there - you might check for that and then even check if that name is listed anywhere as a friend of one of her friends.

Re the cemetery picture, I understand - I just thought maybe it was a special place that had some significance to her (as in maybe someone she had loved was buried there).

Have faith that we will keep praying for her to come home soon.
<many hugs to you and your family>

Yes, we have searched for that name everywhere we could find. I have a speck of an idea that is more a guess, actually, based on the things that happened from the time she left our house until she disappeared two days later. If I say more, it would be a huge hint as to who I think it was and we can't have anyone running and hiding more than they already have. This is all so frustrating. Almost 7 weeks and not a single real clue as to what happened and where she is now. We pray so hard, all the time, and I am not doubting God, but I sure could use an answer right now. I don't know how people can go the rest of their lives never knowing what happened to a loved one. This has been hell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back