Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
I think that the entire issue with Kronk started with none other than our Leonard Padilla. He spewed theories on NG that Kronk was part of a "daisy chain" of info. He implied that Kronks girlfiend worked at the jail where KC is being held and that it is possible she overheard something and that is why he was so determined. Now, couple the Padilla Spin Cycle with the PI's searching
in that same area, and it seems fishy. I think that the reason the defense will attempt to discredit him is because, if they can paint him into some sort of group of "insiders" with knowledge of Caylees location, then they can argue that all those people knew something and thus SODDI. KWIM?

But can't we be sure that this has already been investigated by LE and either proven or discredited? It's equally important to both defense and prosecution! If Kronk has no connection to any other group of insiders then the defense will be trying to sell rotten roast to a sated jury. . . and hopefully it will backfire on them. If it's proven that he was involved in some sort of plot then any of that information will be beneficial to advancing LE's investigation.

My hope is that if his involvement is only limited to his lone discovery of Caylee's body that (regardless of ancillary lies) he not suffer the same public disembowelment that JG has already experienced.

BUT....he didn't see the snake until AFTER he parked and got out. Additionally, I don't recall him stating that he ventured into the water but near it. As far as relieving himself, I would argue that he chose to "venture" out of sight to avoid being spotted. If a county employee were caught urinating in public, that would be grounds for termination. After visiting the site personally AND viewing photos of the topography after it had been cleared, it is plausible that the area he used to relieve himself was near enough to see "something" and still remain on dry land.

August was when Mr. Kronk took a picture of a dead rattlesnake -- yet he did not take a picture of, allegedly, what he saw of Caylee's remains -- and he advised LE that the area had rattlesnakes. Knowing that, in December, Mr. Kronk decided to relieve himself where he knew there were rattlesnakes. And, lo and behold, he accidentally discovers Caylee's remains.

(Unfortunately, I'm all out of bridges, but swamp land is on sale today. Line forms to the left. ... chuckle)

Any mis-truths or half-truths from peripheral types in this case just don't hold a CANDLE to the gigantic whoppers that the defendant and her family have visited upon us.

August was when Mr. Kronk took a picture of a dead rattlesnake -- yet he did not take a picture of, allegedly, what he saw of Caylee's remains -- and he advised LE that the area had rattlesnakes. Knowing that, in December, Mr. Kronk decided to relieve himself where he knew there were rattlesnakes. And, lo and behold, he accidentally discovers Caylee's remains.

(Unfortunately, I'm all out of bridges, but swamp land is on sale today. Line forms to the left. ... chuckle)

BBM
That particular swamp land was for sale at several differentt times. The property is completely useless. One would likely have to build a house on stilts. When people were suggesting it become a park or playground I applauded the sentiment but knew it wasn't possible. The entire area is much smaller than it appears. I was actually shocked at just how close the houses are to one another. If the camera sadds 10 pounds, then in this case they added acreage. An aside....as much as your posts sometimes frustrate me (not to be confused with frushtrate) I always enjoy them.

This is exactly the point SOS. Is that what he told officers or is that something different than what he said? While his motivation may have been reasonable ,if he truly was dishonest in his statements, what impact can or will that have on the case?
IMO, the defense will capitalize on his dishonesty ( if he was dishonest) to impeach him as a credible witness. "If he was lying then is he lying now" type situation. Now if a witness is not truthful about some of their statements it is reasonable for a jury to assume they are not truthful about any of their statements.

So the question becomes, will that matter? Will it lead to reasonable doubt as to whether the body was always there? will it make jurors wonder if it was moved? Some say yes and some say no.

Again, my posts are not meant to imply that i think kronk had a hand in the murder of Caylee. My posts are meant to address the notion, that many have stated, regarding Kronk possibly fibbing and whether it will have impact on this trial.

If the defense can pin reasonable doubt on RK, then they can question whether the remains were even there at the time he called 911. The responding officers saw nothing, reinforced by the fact that many searchers found nothing. If the defense can then pin reasonable doubt onto the time the remains were placed there, it would follow that Casey was in jail at the time and could not have placed the remains there.
So in my opinion, the prosecution has a lot riding on RK.

If a person driving along in a vehicle knew that a swampy area was infested with rattlesnakes, as Mr. Kronk did, that's not a place they would choose to park their vehicle, walk off the road and venture back into the water, brush and undergrowth to relieve themselves.
As I said...he was not distancing himself from his experience as a bailbondsman/ bounty hunter as you contended.

We don't know where he was when he relieved himself...but he did say you needed to be at the wood line to see anything. I don't remember him saying anything about water in December...but it was there in August. The conditions then (August) obviously prevented him from going any further. I wouldn't want to wade through water that hid who knows what in August (he claimed not to have gotten close in August) but might feel braver when the water receded in December. I don't find anything odd with this. RK was someone who obviously was searching for Caylee.

I will have to find a link to support my statement.* I will do that shortly.* Until then, I recall searchers were unable to "clear" certain areas due to flooding.* Not only is that area prone to flooding, but that summer was much harder to navigate due to the tropical storms that passed through.* Tim Miller by admission did not completely clear that area because of water, BUT he was specifically asked to focus on the area near the airport and a few others.* Tim Miller knows from experience that you do not search an area under water.* He stated he would come back.* There are those that claim they searched that area.* HOWEVER, regardless of their opinion that it was cleared, it was NOT in an official capacity.* There were many volunteers, some thorough, some not so much, and some looking for their 15 minutes.*

RK had did exactly what everyone wanted. He found Caylee. You/they can put any kind of spin on, but that is the bottom line. This case is not any kind of compiracy or complex, simply KC caused Caylee's death and then threw her in the swamp. I only wish he would have had a competent officer when he first called, then there would have been enough evidence to put an end to this circus. IMO

If the defense can pin reasonable doubt on RK, then they can question whether the remains were even there at the time he called 911. The responding officers saw nothing, reinforced by the fact that many searchers found nothing. If the defense can then pin reasonable doubt onto the time the remains were placed there, it would follow that Casey was in jail at the time and could not have placed the remains there.
So in my opinion, the prosecution has a lot riding on RK.
If you go back and read the interview with LE, RK stated that the responding officers (only one actually...the female officer never made it over the "bank") didn't really look. They never ventured deep into the woods. The officers who did respond on the 11th and the 12th went out there, but didn't know where to look.

If you go back and read the interview with LE, RK stated that the responding officers (only one actually...the female officer never made it over the "bank") didn't really look. They never ventured deep into the woods. The officers who did respond on the 11th and the 12th went out there, but didn't know where to look.

True on both counts, but the fact remains that the officer didn't see anything that would verify what RK saw. I'm not saying it wasn't there, I am saying the defense will try to raise reasonable doubt any way they can.

I will have to find a link to support my statement.* I will do that shortly.* Until then, I recall searchers were unable to "clear" certain areas due to flooding.* Not only is that area prone to flooding, but that summer was much harder to navigate due to the tropical storms that passed through.* Tim Miller by admission did not completely clear that area because of water, BUT he was specifically asked to focus on the area near the airport and a few others.* Tim Miller knows from experience that you do not search an area under water.* He stated he would come back.* There are those that claim they searched that area.* HOWEVER, regardless of their opinion that it was cleared, it was NOT in an official capacity.* There were many volunteers, some thorough, some not so much, and some looking for their 15 minutes.*

I have a question. Are you saying that this area was never cleared in an official capacity? Not at any time prior to dec 11th? I don't know the answer thats why I am asking.

True on both counts, but the fact remains that the officer didn't see anything that would verify what RK saw. I'm not saying it wasn't there, I am saying the defense will try to raise reasonable doubt any way they can.

But what could defense say? That RK was teasing or lying all those times when the police couldn't find the body and then he finally put the body there and called again? That doesn't make any sense. What else could they imply?

I have a question. Are you saying that this area was never cleared in an official capacity? Not at any time prior to dec 11th? I don't know the answer thats why I am asking.

That is why I need to find a link. Tim Miller was unwilling to search thoroughly while the water was so high. His concern was that any ATV may push remains further into the soil OR damage evidence. Richard C. and another officer were both called out to investigate due to the Kronk calls but neither of them were thorough. When Tim Miller came to town, he was directed to other areas of interest based upon cell phone pings from KC's phone. I don't think one can ever title an area 100% clear but focus was directed elsewhere. Sadly, the search was a victim or a perfect storm. Less than diligent officers responding initially, weather, cell pings, and distraction by LP to shift focus to Blanchard Park. KC likely pushed that area to divert attention elsewhere. Clearly the A family knew that area wasn't "cleared". Otherwise, why would the PIs have been sent there? I will gather a few links but I feel confident in my statements.

But what could defense say? That RK was teasing or lying all those times when the police couldn't find the body and then he finally put the body there and called again? That doesn't make any sense. What else could they imply?

Sure....that's their job. Sadly, for them, it's all they've got.

Their complaint should be with R. Cain...no one else IMO. He blew RK off (according to RK). I think LE was stretched to the max with all the tips that came in. His response to RK that Caylee wouldn't have been skeletonized in August was surely a conclusion he was not professionally prepared to make as it was clearly out of his area of expertise.

I am not aware of anyone other than the defense team claiming that it was ever cleared. And then one gets into all the semantics of what "officially cleared" might mean and who is the official designator.

Their complaint should be with R. Cain...no one else IMO. He blew RK off (according to RK). I think LE was stretched to the max with all the tips that came in. His response to RK that Caylee wouldn't have been skeletonized in August was surely a conclusion he was not professionally prepared to make as it was clearly out of his area of expertise.

Oh yeah, I am pretty sure the defense will have something to say about R. Cain, and also about some of the forensic errors made.
I do wish R. Cain had done his job properly that day. I believe if the remains were there at that time, the remains would have had much more to say in early august than they did in December.
It would have been much better for RK if the officer had done his job.

The defense would imply the reason the officer didn't see it, and the searchers didn't see it, was because it wasn't there to see until later.
They need only to bring reasonable doubt. If the officer didn't see it, and searchers didn't see it, and the only one who did see it made questionable statements to the police, a jury may find reasonable doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member