Found Deceased IN - Samantha Fleming, 23, Anderson, 6 April 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Based on the public information available via simple FB searches, I suspect Jones was able to learn enough about Samantha to know exactly how to manipulate her. I spent about 10 minutes on-line and know very intimate details about the lives of Samantha and her family. JMO, but it wasn't very difficult.

I'm so sorry to see the outcome with Sam, and hope that Serenity gets the love and care she needs to heal from this in the future.

Oh boy. I had no idea. Thanks for sharing. I couldn't put 1+1 together. Makes sense now.

I have no sympathy for the predator or her sudden "sympathy needs".

I wonder if something felt off from the beginning, especially considering this was an unannounced visit/inspection requiring immediate travel to a hearing in another city. Seems like the perp had made prior attempts to contact the grandma and victim.

What a sick ploy. I'm sure mom was like "I gotta go and do the right thing, this "official" CPS lady's here telling me I need to bring the baby to make things look right."

Oh, this is just sick.

BF must feel horrible in hindsight.

Samantha was obviously vulnerable. Her family set up a 'code word', who does that with an adult daughter and why? Everything the perp needed to know to pull off this scam was available on social media.

Samantha was unable to parent 2 of her children and BF doesn't have custody of the baby. This was a very troubled family, they needed help and support not exploiting. Sadly, there was a belief by Samantha that DCS could show up and announce a court date. A quick call to her DCS worker could have prevented this. It is heartbreaking all around.

Samantha was obviously vulnerable. Her family set up a 'code word', who does that with an adult daughter and why? Everything the perp needed to know to pull off this scam was available on social media.

Samantha was unable to parent 2 of her children and BF doesn't have custody of the baby. This was a very troubled family, they needed help and support not exploiting. Sadly, there was a belief by Samantha that DCS could show up and announce a court date. A quick call to her DCS worker could have prevented this. It is heartbreaking all around.

kinda o/t but in response to your question.......i have code words with all my baby bees and have had since they were little and they are grown now.....they still know them, have never told them to anyone, not even other non-immediate relatives, and know to immediately erase a text it's used in so it's not left on their phone......you never know when you might need to verify they are safe or it's really them....i am a websleuther, after all :D

2nd kidnapping count filed in stolen baby case
May 27, 2015
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...stolen-baby-mother-killed-20150527-story.html
The Herald Bulletin reports prosecutors filed the charge Wednesday against 36-year-old Geraldine Jones and dropped a criminal confinement count. Jones also faces a charge of murder and a second kidnapping count in connection with the death of 23-year-old Samantha Fleming of Anderson, Ind., and the abduction of her daughter, Serenity.

Hi everyone. I am Samantha's mom. I thank you for having her story on your site. I am here to answer any questions any of you have. The news wasn't always accurate in what they reported. Pre trial begins July 6, 2015.

Hi everyone. I am Samantha's mom. I thank you for having her story on your site. I am here to answer any questions any of you have. The news wasn't always accurate in what they reported. Pre trial begins July 6, 2015.

Welcome! I am so sorry for the circumstances that led you here to our little family. What happened to your daughter is beyond comprehension and absolutely heart breaking! I hope you will find support in our group for the hard days you have ahead of you!

Anyone that posts on these forums, or just reads them, knows this much... There are plenty of parents (more than you'd want to imagine) that treat their children worse than a dog. There are plenty of little kids killed by family members because they aren't able to care for them or worse, that the child is simply "not wanted."

Jones, or any of the other "wannabe moms" in the news lately, should have gone after THOSE kids.

I don't know how the said women would have treated the kids (since they're obviously crazy), but it would at least remove them from an abusive home.
Killing a woman to steal a child that she wanted and would love is unfathomable when there are so many children out there already who need love and care.
Your posting has me perplexed. In no situation is it suitable or fathomable that a stranger should kidnap a child and raise them as their own. In what world would that ever be a preferable solution? That's like giving a pass to someone under the umbrella of 'as long as its not from a good family, you can go steal this child'.

Family, friends, neighbors, school staff, medical staff, clergy, grocery store employees and bartenders (to name a few) need to contact CPS when they suspect neglect or abuse of a child, who should them be removed and taken to a safe place.

During questioning by Koester, Sanderson said Fleming’s mother received a telephone call from someone identifying themselves as a Department of Child Services employee and provided her daughter’s telephone number.

Sanderson said through phone records it was determined that Fleming was texting her mother on April 6 on the trip from Anderson to Gary.

He testified there was a nearly two-hour lapse when Fleming’s mother received a text stating the judge determined she couldn’t keep her infant daughter.

Sanderson believes that text was sent by Jones.

http://m.nwitimes.com/news/local/la...504b-a53f-e421bc5b18a7.html?mobile_touch=true

Jones pleads guilty in 2015 slaying of Anderson mother

http://www.heraldbulletin.com/news/local_news/jones-pleads-guilty-in-slaying-of-anderson-mother/article_b8c36466-4111-529e-b2c3-de46f01d5653.html

Through a plea agreement Geraldine Jones, 39, entered pleas of guilty to voluntary manslaughter, a Level 2 felony; criminal confinement as a Level 3 felony; and criminal confinement as a Level 5 felony.

Madison Circuit Court Division 3 Judge Thomas Newman Jr. set sentencing for May 25. Jones faces a possible prison sentence ranging from 14 to 52 years.

Jones was charged with killing Samantha Fleming after kidnapping her and her baby in Anderson on April 6, 2015, and taking the two to Gary.

Gary woman who murdered central Indiana woman, kidnapped her baby sentenced to 40 years

The mother of Samantha Fleming read an emotional statement before the Gary woman charged with the kidnapping and murder of her daughter was sentenced.

Geraldine Jones made no statement and didn’t react Friday in Madison Circuit Court Division 3 when Judge Thomas Newman Jr. sentenced her to 40 years, 30 executed for the 2015 kidnapping and murder of Fleming.

“I want to tell you about Samantha,” Sandy Segneri told the court. “We will forever be affected.

“Samantha loved unconditionally,” she said. “She knew happy and rough times. But she wanted to believe there was good in all people.”

Hello. It’s been quite some time since I stopped by here. Sadly the plea agreement that claims to have given my daughters killer 40 years will only end up being 19 executed and possibly less if she is given any “good time” for any classes she participates in, then a 10 year reporting probation to a town ( Gary, IN) that doesn’t closely monitor their probationees! This Cold blooded killer will
Be walking amongst us in 2037 or earlier possibly! We were told that taking it to trial was a risk because of things like the suppression hearing that would be appealed and the jury finding her not guilty bcz of certain things like not having the murder weapon, possibly not being able to use any evidence in the house during a trial ( body), the fact a warrant wasn’t issued right away- so many factors led us to believe that it was a “risk” to go to trial vs. A guaranteed sentence with a plea.
She sat motionless during the sentencing hearing and my Victims Impact Statement. She hasn’t said much her entire 3 years.
My only solace in this sentence was these kids will all be in their 20’s and able to better protect themselves when she’s released- if she survives prison life.

Samantha & Serenity Fleming - Find Samantha and Serenity Fleming Facebook Page - https://m.facebook.com/BRINGHOMESAMANTHAANDSERENITY
7435550_G.jpg

Anderson woman, infant daughter missing since Monday

http://www.wthr.com/story/28779593/anderson-woman-infant-daughter-missing-since-monday
7435884_G.jpg
7435887_G.jpg

(Marking spot)

Hello. It’s been quite some time since I stopped by here. Sadly the plea agreement that claims to have given my daughters killer 40 years will only end up being 19 executed and possibly less if she is given any “good time” for any classes she participates in, then a 10 year reporting probation to a town ( Gary, IN) that doesn’t closely monitor their probationees! This Cold blooded killer will
Be walking amongst us in 2037 or earlier possibly! We were told that taking it to trial was a risk because of things like the suppression hearing that would be appealed and the jury finding her not guilty bcz of certain things like not having the murder weapon, possibly not being able to use any evidence in the house during a trial ( body), the fact a warrant wasn’t issued right away- so many factors led us to believe that it was a “risk” to go to trial vs. A guaranteed sentence with a plea.
She sat motionless during the sentencing hearing and my Victims Impact Statement. She hasn’t said much her entire 3 years.
My only solace in this sentence was these kids will all be in their 20’s and able to better protect themselves when she’s released- if she survives prison life.

I just saw this case on ID- OMG- I am so so sorry for your loss, and so sorry for our failure of the justice system. I am appalled at the plea agreement this monster made with the DA. I wondered why they did not take this monster to trial: it seems to me they had a tremendous amount of evidence. that said, there are always issues that the public is not aware of that can make trial risky. I also believe sometimes district attorneys are unwilling to take risks, fearful that a loss will taint their career. I know 30 years is more like 15 years or so: so unfair. This monster will walk among us and who is to say she wouldn't kill again? she is a sociopath-- no conscience. Her crime against your daughter is unspeakable. Again, I am so sorry. The case of your daughter will stay with me for some time. Thank goodness her baby was ok.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsevanpeters
Back