GUILTY IN - Sgt. James Vester, 32, killed in Craigslist robbery, Indianapolis, 4 Dec 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did he have a receipt that he paid? Anyone who buys a phone from a stranger on the street should know it's stolen property. Plus who just happens to have $100 in cash on a playground. How lucky that seller must have been running into someone who just happened to have that cash on them. Just makes no sense when you can buy a phone for less than $100. jmo

No, no receipt. And I agree: I told DH that he shouldn't have paid. In hindsight, I think he agrees. But at the moment, he believed the man. To me, it's really a totally unbelievable and ridiculous story. :banghead:

No, no receipt. And I agree: I told DH that he shouldn't have paid. In hindsight, I think he agrees. But at the moment, he believed the man. To me, it's really a totally unbelievable and ridiculous story. :banghead:

At least LE has the man's name so if this type of thing comes up again he may not be so lucky.

Tyshaune's FB is easily found. I won't link because he's a minor. It all makes me incredibly sad. The destruction of families. The waste of lives. The loss of potential. All hope gone for everyone. A lovely wife and kids devastated. For nothing. For some quick cash. It's sickening.

I hope the killers get the death penalty. Lying in wait etc etc...I forgot doesn't IN still Hv the death penalty I will Hv to look it up. How horrific. And he humbly served our country.
No,words.

Yes Indiana still has the death penalty.

The more I think about this senseless crime, the more angry I become. I've bought cameras and lenses (among other things) off of CL, and once went into someone's home (wife/husband/kids were there - but won't do that ever again). This couple more than likely were trying to find a budget-priced iPad at holiday time and just picked the wrong ad. :furious:

This really could've happened to anyone.... any of us.

This really could've happened to anyone.... any of us.

Well...kind of sort of not so much. It helps if you are a male that thinks "I ain't afraid to go there, I can handle it" cause it is a great deal etc....

They thought that and they were wrong, they couldn't stop bullets.

This is OT, but speaking of CL, I saw this post this evening on CL. Scary. --- :no:

"I'm needing a sitter for this Wednesday from 5:30pm to 10:30pm. My children are 4yrs and 6months. Please have prior experience in infant care. Email me through the post. I'm needing to hire someone today for the job. Thank you for your time."

This is OT, but speaking of CL, I saw this post this evening on CL. Scary. --- :no:

"I'm needing a sitter for this Wednesday from 5:30pm to 10:30pm. My children are 4yrs and 6months. Please have prior experience in infant care. Email me through the post. I'm needing to hire someone today for the job. Thank you for your time."

:scared: nooooo

unreal

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/09/us/indiana-iraq-vet-ipad-slaying/

By Ralph Ellis, CNN
updated 11:28 AM EST, Tue December 10, 2013

(CNN) -- Two Indianapolis brothers have been charged in the slaying of an Iraq war veteran who was trying to purchase an iPad through Craigslist, the Marion County prosecutor's office said.
Tyron Kincade, 19, and Tyshaune Kincade, 18, both of Indianapolis, were charged Monday with murder and robbery.

I see this is not new news, CNN gave me the impression it was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back