IN IN - Spencer, BlkFem 395UFIN, 25-45, medallion 'Corline S likes Steve P', Oct'03

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Came across this missing person from Ohio while looking up another person:
Dorothy Marie Douglas
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2744/0/

See some resemblance to UID. Did not find this UID on NamUs however....did a short search to see if identified with no results. So will place Dorothy here now for your thoughts as surely will forget by tomorrow.

picture.php

Yes there is a similarity of sorts around the mouth, forehead brow area but I am not sure about the cheeks. I think Dorothy's are different to the deceased in my opinion.

Yes there is a similarity of sorts around the mouth, forehead brow area but I am not sure about the cheeks. I think Dorothy's are different to the deceased in my opinion.

Agree, mouth and forehead are the areas I thought were similar. Think heights were close also. Do wonder though if this UID remains a UID. Her DNA was available for comparison to Marilyn Renee McCown....results inconclusive. But no NamUs listing...??

Just another line of thought....it struck me odd that the word 'Likes' was used on the medallion.....so did a quick Veromi search on the surname Likes with 47 results...no Corline Likes though 3 or 4 families were from Indiana. Steve P Love also brought up results. It takes me forever to do simple searches so didn't search beyond Veromi re names/extended families etc. Certainly be odd if their names were Likes & Love ....but odder things have happen.

Great news. Folks on FB Indiana's Missing and Unidentified page posted this lady and is working to get her in NamUs.

Owen County has an elected Coroner rather than a Medical Examiner. The present Coroner was elected in 2010 though was a Deputy Coroner in preceding years. Can find no mention of this UID on official sites... be they State or County. She would have been found a few years prior to NamUs being up and running so would seem her official records should show up on a State/County site. Though by now her information should have been recorded to NamUs.

Also yesterday Black and Lost But Not Forgotten commented on their FB page re getting this UID on NamUs. So 2 parties are at work for this lady. Do hope her official records are intact....

I meant to post this a while ago -- Spencer hosts the Owen County Fair every year. Recent ones have been in July at the fairgrounds.

http://www.owencountyfair.com/

Which would be a possible place for somebody to have obtained a souvenir carnival-type coin.

The fair seems to have ties to Purdue University, so that might be a connection, too.

Cora's son's story is so sad...only 4yo when he last saw her.

Hope you do not mind this comparison photo, jenstar. If I remember correctly you should be able to right click on photo then copy & paste link to your post.

Her son's story is heartbreaking....only 4yo when he saw her last.

picture.php

I know. I've been reading to try and "seal the deal" so far. To try and find out who this "steven" is and if he could be connected to Cora. I don't see anywhere where it lists our BBall player's real Dad's name. And then again, it might not even be the guy that she was with..just a boyfriend. I know we could probably settle this by going on Ancestry.com..anyone have a premium account there?
Cora had ties to Illinois which is just a hop skip and a jump to Indiana. MOO

Haha IDK which one would be the better match?! lol
Cora's DNA is in namus. So as soon as we get it compared or UID is in..they'll know for sure if it's her or not.
also it lists his (MW's) father as Issac W. and his dad's middle name isn't steve. Maybe it was a nickname or a different boyfriend. Idk.. MOO

Have a very unsettling feeling that the county file for this UID will be hard to come by. Hope I am wrong.

Since there will likely be a wait re UID's DNA....comparisons are the best we can do to be ready-set-go when DNA shows. Especially for missing persons like Lovace who is not yet recorded to NamUs....and needs to be.

Edited to add....some of the best eyes on the Internet re facial comparisons are here on Websleuths. Hopefully some will stop by and give their opinions.

Have a very unsettling feeling that the county file for this UID will be hard to come by. Hope I am wrong.

Since there will likely be a wait re UID's DNA....comparisons are the best we can do to be ready-set-go when DNA shows. Especially for missing persons like Lovace who is not yet recorded to NamUs....and needs to be.

Edited to add....some of the best eyes on the Internet re facial comparisons are here on Websleuths. Hopefully some will stop by and give their opinions.

Yea it's hard for people to do their jobs when they're not equipped to do so with the right information. I guess we could submit Lovace and Cora's information to the UID's primary contact..using the links we've posted. i mean, it's a long shot on either side..but it's worth it. MOO

Capoly,
I hope you don't mind but I've submitted both possible matches (Cora and Lovace) to the ISP general e-mail. If I hear anything back I will let you know.

Update:
I got an immediate reply back from the ISP. Unfortunatly, it was their "out of office" message saying that "They review their e-mails weekly." And, ". You will receive a reply to your email once it has been addressed by the appropriate Indiana State Police personnel. " So, hopefully they get to it soon.

Wow, this really looks like the deceased, Capoly. Good find.:scared:

Thank you for your input, Houston Mom, unfortunately neither one has a NamUs/DNA record as it would be good to be able to rule-out persons.

Capoly,
I hope you don't mind but I've submitted both possible matches (Cora and Lovace) to the ISP general e-mail. If I hear anything back I will let you know.

Update:
I got an immediate reply back from the ISP. Unfortunatly, it was their "out of office" message saying that "They review their e-mails weekly." And, ". You will receive a reply to your email once it has been addressed by the appropriate Indiana State Police personnel. " So, hopefully they get to it soon.

Don't mind at all. As have indicated in prior posts my health limits my abilities....so appreciate being able to help re gathering info.

Capoly,

Update:

Do want to add, jenstar, that if you are relatively new to submitting cases for comparison....you may want to seek advice from one far more experienced/capable than I. Do believe Houston Mom just brought a decades old case to a close....and a family was able to have their loved one home to RIP. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pollcat12
Back