In Touch article

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
what she went thru is to horrible for most people to even survive. let alone for 18 years. let alone fathering this monsters kids. buy jaycee did survive and she helped her girls as much as she could at the same time. she's an incredible hero and there's no getting around that, no matter how much 'deflection' or possiblities for the defense to claim arise.

GOOD POST :clap::clap::clap::clap:

=Natal;4271003]Well, confronted with a scene, the simplest most rational explanation is usually the correct one, not the most bizarre, worst case scenario. There may be some exceptions but in general that is how it works in real life.
Well I guess when the police or the PO or the firefighters confronted the scene they thought the same thing, the simplest most rational explanation is that noting was going on...Well they were WRONG! This is a case that is the most bizarre, worst case scenario!!!There are exceptions and this is one, and its happening in the real life world to.

]In your imaginary world the good guys wear white hats and the bad guys black hats, with nothing inbetween, but in the real world everyone wears grey. Good guys can do bad things and bad guys can do good things, and they do all that and everything inbetween. Call me a cynic if you want, but I (and probably you too, if you are honest with yourself) see it all the time. In the backyard you would have seen all those things at times from all the parties involved because they were all human.
Sometimes like this time bad guys dont do anything good, some bad guys do only bad things. Its not a hard concept to grasp. I think 99% of us are being honest with ourselves and what we see in the backyard and realize from what has been reported that NOT ALL THESE PEOPLE WERE HUMAN.The only imaginary world i see is the one you talk about in all your posts (BTW no one is buying). Playing devils advocate might make one feel superior to others, but there will be alot of lawyers in hell from what i hear.

When you try to do analysis of the scenes in these photographs try to picture what a real person would have been doing under those circumstances. Trying to picture it as a cartoon world filled with demons with horns and angels with halos is not constructive because that simply does not happen in reality.
And we can picture what a real person who has been doing under these circumstances, thats why we are all upset. duh. And ya i see a good use of the word demons when talking about this case.

When we look at these pictures and the artifacts shown in them, what we want to do is try to understand what they tell us about the human dynamics at play in this case. And what can that tell us about the truth? Just as we could look at those photograps of the family and deduce the pecking order within it.

What the pictures tell us is this, the human dynamics at play in this case are as follows. Very sick and evil person who took a child and made thier life a living hell in every conceivable way. The pecking order is just to easy to figure out.

Well I guess when the police or the PO or the firefighters confronted the scene they thought the same thing, the simplest most rational explanation is that noting was going on...Well they were WRONG! This is a case that is the most bizarre, worst case scenario!!!There are exceptions and this is one, and its happening in the real life world to.

Sometimes like this time bad guys dont do anything good, some bad guys do only bad things. Its not a hard concept to grasp. I think 99% of us are being honest with ourselves and what we see in the backyard and realize from what has been reported that NOT ALL THESE PEOPLE WERE HUMAN.The only imaginary world i see is the one you talk about in all your posts (BTW no one is buying). Playing devils advocate might make one feel superior to others, but there will be alot of lawyers in hell from what i hear.

And we can picture what a real person who has been doing under these circumstances, thats why we are all upset. duh. And ya i see a good use of the word demons when talking about this case.

What the pictures tell us is this, the human dynamics at play in this case are as follows. Very sick and evil person who took a child and made thier life a living hell in every conceivable way. The pecking order is just to easy to figure out.

Thank-you Cindy Sue
I agree with everything you said.
This is the most bizarre, violent, degrading, cruel, disgusting worst case scenario to date in North America.

May Jaycee and her entire Family now have the most blessed future
filled with Love, Good Health and Happiness!
May Evil never harm them again...

I have to honestly say that I really do NOT want to see a photo of Jaycee or her girls. They deserve the utmost privacy and I can't imagine how they would feel walking down the street with people looking at them and having o wonder what they were thinking or whispering.

I would like for us never to see them, but, I know that we will , in time, but, I sure hope that it is a long, long time!

I think that LE has done a very good job, since the girls were rescued, and a lot has to be said for that...

Thank-you Cindy Sue
I agree with everything you said.
This is the most bizarre, violent, degrading, cruel, disgusting worst case scenario to date in North America.

May Jaycee and her entire Family now have the most blessed future
filled with Love, Good Health and Happiness!
May Evil never harm them again...

as bad as this was, and god it was horrible, it didnt have the worst ending. the worst ending is somebody finds jaycee's skeleton in the woods some day, they bury her remains (kinda like carl was fearing) and possibly they never catch her killers.
i think we sorta lose sight of the fact that jaycee and her girls made it thru this ordeal phsyically and now with the help of therapists, and more importantly, FAMILY, they are going to overcome this the best they can mentally.
and the people that did this to them will rot!

I read the article in In Touch and it made me very sad. Jaycee endured a horrible existence with Garrido and no matter how accustomed she may have become to the limitations and discomfort, it was cruel and heartless way for a child to survive. She did an incredible job taking care of herself and her children -- a heroic job. When I read Garrido's violently raped her and his religious delusion, it was heartwrenching. It is not only what she had to endure but what she was denied -- her family's love and comfort, her education, her teen years with all those wonderful and difficult events, and her young adult years to explore life and grow as a human being. I hope the love and support of her family will lift her to a new life that is full of opportunity.

Isn't Carl Shayna's father? I would guess he has contact with his child. I think he is doing what they all know they need to do -- staying out of the public eye.

As the article said, Jaycee's recovery is going to take more than a couple of weeks and an appearance on Dr. Phil. I respect they are being careful and private with her and they girls. They have my prayers.

I read the article in In Touch and it made me very sad. Jaycee endured a horrible existence with Garrido and no matter how accustomed she may have become to the limitations and discomfort, it was cruel and heartless way for a child to survive. She did an incredible job taking care of herself and her children -- a heroic job. When I read Garrido's violently raped her and his religious delusion, it was heartwrenching. It is not only what she had to endure but what she was denied -- her family's love and comfort, her education, her teen years with all those wonderful and difficult events, and her young adult years to explore life and grow as a human being. I hope the love and support of her family will lift her to a new life that is full of opportunity.

Isn't Carl Shayna's father? I would guess he is has contact with his child. I think he is doing what they all know they need to do -- staying out of the public eye.

As the article said, Jaycee's recovery is going to take more than a couple of weeks and an appearance on Dr. Phil. I respect they are being careful and private with her and they girls. They have my prayers.

yup carl is shaynas dad. and tehcnically he and terry never divocred either. on the day the story broke he was quoted as saying 'my WIFE". gotta wonder why no divorce after 14 years i think? maybe they are hoping for a reconcilliation. but i digress.
i agree they want as much privacy as possible, and i respect that. but i am also glad for little tidbits of info like this or the ones shayna posts. i hope there recovery continues as it has so far.

Well, confronted with a scene, the simplest most rational explanation is usually the correct one, not the most bizarre, worst case scenario. There may be some exceptions but in general that is how it works in real life.

In your imaginary world the good guys wear white hats and the bad guys black hats, with nothing inbetween, but in the real world everyone wears grey.

(above respectfully snipped by smart blonde).....

But... Jaycee's life these past 18 years has not been 'simple' or 'rational'.
We are discussing a girl who was abducted, by a sex offender, at the young age of eleven. Someone who has been repeatedly raped and abused during the almost two decades she was held captive. This description only scratches the surface of what has happened to Jaycee and her family.

Her life since being kidnapped by Garrido and his wife is the very definition of "bizarre, worst case scenario"!

Unfortunately for Jaycee and her family, this wasn't an 'imaginary world".
It was the real thing.

Well, confronted with a scene, the simplest most rational explanation is usually the correct one, not the most bizarre, worst case scenario. There may be some exceptions but in general that is how it works in real life.

In your imaginary world the good guys wear white hats and the bad guys black hats, with nothing inbetween, but in the real world everyone wears grey.

(above respectfully snipped by smart blonde).....

But... Jaycee's life these past 18 years has not been 'simple' or 'rational'.
We are discussing a girl who was abducted, by a sex offender, at the young age of eleven. Someone who has been repeatedly raped and abused during the almost two decades she was held captive. This description only scratches the surface of what has happened to Jaycee and her family.

Her life since being kidnapped by Garrido and his wife is the very definition of "bizarre, worst case scenario"!

Unfortunately for Jaycee and her family, this wasn't an 'imaginary world".
It was the real thing.

:clap::clap::clap::clap: AWSOME POST :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Isn't Carl Shayna's father? I would guess he is has contact with his child. I think he is doing what they all know they need to do -- staying out of the public eye.

:blowkiss:IMO - BEST POST -THANK YOU:blowkiss:

I'd like to see a list of what good PG did all those years! He didn't kill Jaycee or the girls, but that was only because he didn't want to as they suited his needs and wants, and his alone. If he had taken a notion to murder he would have because it's all about him. He had to feed them and prevent dying from the elements, but He's not normal so there is no way he could have behaved at all normally around these girls. He's done nothing good, it's only a delusion for bleeding hearts or something his defense attorney might feebly try to throw out there, but it won't fool the majority of the entire world.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Great, fabulous post, thank you!

I'd like to see a list of what good PG did all those years! He didn't kill Jaycee or the girls, but that was only because he didn't want to as they suited his needs and wants, and his alone. If he had taken a notion to murder he would have because it's all about him. He had to feed them and prevent dying from the elements, but He's not normal so there is no way he could have behaved at all normally around these girls. He's done nothing good, it's only a delusion for bleeding hearts or something his defense attorney might feebly try to throw out there, but it won't fool the majority of the entire world.

fed jaycee tv dinners for 18 years while keepig her locked up, raped, tortured, not letting her tell her girls she was there mom...........this is his 'heartwarming story"?
seriously will he sell that he paid for what he did to her by not touching her in later years? yeah that will fly

fed jaycee tv dinners for 18 years while keepig her locked up, raped, tortured, not letting her tell her girls she was there mom...........this is his 'heartwarming story"?
seriously will he sell that he paid for what he did to her by not touching her in later years? yeah that will fly
Garrido is so delusional I wouldn't be surprised if next he trys to petition Jaycee's parents for retro-active 'child support', for 'taking care of' Jaycee and her kids for all those years.

I have to honestly say that I really do NOT want to see a photo of Jaycee or her girls. They deserve the utmost privacy and I can't imagine how they would feel walking down the street with people looking at them and having o wonder what they were thinking or whispering.

I would like for us never to see them, but, I know that we will , in time, but, I sure hope that it is a long, long time!

I think that LE has done a very good job, since the girls were rescued, and a lot has to be said for that...

Ditto that! It is going to be hard enough for them to lead any kind of normal life without paparazzi following them around. I hope the media actually tries to show the utmost of respect to all the family and leaves them ALONE! When (and if) they're ready to talk, they will, and that may provide a healing for them, but it is their decision. I personally, could care less what they look like. That has nothing to do with anything. I just pray that they can recover from this horrible nightmare of an existence that is all they have known. And for Jaycee I hope the memories of her life before she was abducted will someday be stronger and fuller than those memories of all the years she was held captive. I pray to God that the new memories they make together as a family will eventually block-out that horrible time and make it seem like a week instead of 18 freakin' years! They all have a long path to healing and recovering from the abuse of these psychopaths and the best thing the public and media can do, is leave them alone while they do it!:praying:

Sometimes like this time bad guys don't do anything good, some bad guys do only bad things. Its not a hard concept to grasp. I think 99% of us are being honest with ourselves and what we see in the backyard and realize from what has been reported that NOT ALL THESE PEOPLE WERE HUMAN.The only imaginary world i see is the one you talk about in all your posts (BTW no one is buying). Playing devils advocate might make one feel superior to others, but there will be alot of lawyers in hell from what i hear.

What the pictures tell us is this, the human dynamics at play in this case are as follows. Very sick and evil person who took a child and made their life a living hell in every conceivable way. The pecking order is just to easy to figure out.

And despite the fact that a case many not go to court for many many years.
and despite the fact that the attorney did say When the time comes she will testify.
and despite any fact My head is spinning at the audacity of some.
I am a believer that one consistent theme that one chooses tells us enough about people.
I would not want to live near that one. That's all she wrote.

Garrido is so delusional I wouldn't be surprised if next he trys to petition Jaycee's parents for retro-active 'child support', for 'taking care of' Jaycee and her kids for all those years.

lol i wouldnt doubt it.

I read the article and it made me cry, not to think of the life she led for so long, but to think of the life that is within her reach now. A life that she may not ever be able to grab, even though she has been "rescued".
The following is based on personal experience, 8 days as compared to 18 years, and that is all the info that I will share on that, however, it is still experience.

Jaycee no longer has to live in those conditions, however she has to live in the same body forever. Every mark, every scar, every stretch mark, they all have stories, most of them terrifying and heartbreaking. We don't know those stories, but she does, and she has to see the reminders every day.
Jaycee knows first hand a truth that most of us only understand from an outside perspective...people are crazy and they will hurt you, for fun, for sport, for the purpose of assuaging their own demons, but people hurt people. That will make friendships, romance, normal relationships, hard if not impossible.
No matter how many times she is told that her family loves her, that they looked for her and missed her, it will never be enough. The seeds of doubt will be there. Maybe a good deal of anger and depression.
Her life was uprooted, everything she knew, her very name and sense of self taken away, and 18 years ago she adjusted. Now, the life she adjusted to is gone, and she has to adjust again. Most people couldn't do it once, I hope and pray that Jaycee can beat the odds and do it twice.
She gave herself away. (This is the part that is hard for me. ) That is the hardest part for most survivors. The being taken is hard enough and you have to understand that it is a consolation for some victims that they were grabbed off a street where they were supposed to be, as opposed to being taken or victimized because they were somewhere they shouldn't have been. But, in long term survival cases, there is also the distinction between what the victim had taken and what the victim gave willingly in the name of survival. How much did she give, and how much does she have left? My guess is she gave everything, and the Jaycee that came home is little more than a shell.
It is possible to return, at least in part, to a normal life, but there are things that will carry with her for the rest of her life. Things that she feels set her apart, even if no one else feels that way. Sounds, smells, a voice, a phrase, a stranger to close to her in the store. This will be a lifelong struggle, and there are treatments, but there is no cure.
The news that we are hearing is hopeful, but even at this point it is guardedly hopeful, and I feel that there is a lot that the public doesn't know and probably doesn't want to.

Thank you, not my kids. Although I agree with you in many ways, Jaycee has also been given a gift if she chooses to see it as such. I believe Terry understands this and it's the reason she wants people to help establish an advocacy for changes in the laws - so this will never happen to another child.

I seldom share my spiritual beliefs because they are NOT religious and I don't want to debate religion, but I will for a moment. I believe Jaycee is an angel that chose to come to earth to help other children. She will survive because it is her mission to do so. It is no accident that Terry is her mother and it's no accident that many of us are here to help them.

I agree that this a gift and it is a gift not only to her, but to the rest of her family, definitely to her girls, and quite possibly to some other families that are looking for a missing relative. (I say some, because there are many out there that believe that their relative is deceased, they have come to terms and find it easier to think that than to believe they are still alive in conditions like Jaycee was in.)

I think it was truly an act of God that she was ever found at all. I am absolutely amazed. I don't want to come across as thinking that it would have been better had she never been found, since that is not what I am thinking. Not even close.
But there are only really two ways that it can go from here. Either she will recover to the point that she is a beacon of hope and a force for change, or the damage that has been done will prove to be too great to ever be undone.
I don't know which it will be, I of course hope for the former. There are observations and insight that Jaycee possesses that we probably will never be able to obtain from anyone else. And I hope that we can get them.
But I also see a lot of people that seem to think that she can see a therapist twice a week, and the rest of the time she is bonding with her family, enjoying her freedom, pigging out on junk food and laughing in the sun.
It's not like that, and it may never be. She is going to need intensive one on one therapy with different counselors, probably trained in different areas of attachment, depression and anxiety. There are going to be physical repercussions, she will need a very attentive doctor to help her with that, as Jaycee is more than likely not good at describing her pains or physical issues, having been forced to repress and ignore for so long. I have no doubt that there is love and laughter in her life and that she is enjoying her freedom as well, but for her it has to be a little bit like coming home from a third world country.
There are things that she will struggle with. She might be stronger than the issues, she may not. I hope she is, and I hope that regardless of the effects on Jaycee herself that her family keeps fighting to change the laws, since that is desperately needed. But it needs to be understood that Jaycee herself may not ever be able to join that fight in more than a surface way of having her story to use as a basis for the claim that these things do happen.
I wish her the best, but it is so hard for me to see how some people think her recovery should be going. At this point, the recovery itself more than likely hasn't even started yet. She will have to be into a routine and resocialized before the indepth healing can even start.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMEAMG
Back