Infomercial king Billy Mays dies - Foxnews.com

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Billy's Wife Angry Over 'Speculative' Report

Posted Aug 7th 2009 6:00PM by TMZ Staff

Billy Mays' widow is "extremely disappointed" with the Hillsborough County medical examiner's office -- accusing them of sending out a "speculative" report that's damaging her husband's image.

Moments ago, Deborah Mays released the following statement:

"We are extremely disappointed by the press release released by the Hillsborough County medical examiner's office. We believe it contains speculative conclusions that are frankly unnecessary and tend to obscure the conclusion that Billy suffered from chronic, untreated hypertension, which only demonstrates how important it is to regularly monitor one's health.

Pretty damn stupid to be using cocaine at that age! Not that I think it is a good idea to use cocaine at any age, but I thought it was pretty well known aboout the risk for cocaine causing either a heart attack or a stroke in older users especially. (Not that it can't do that in younger folks - such as basketball player Len Bias and many, many other non-famous people.

I, too, was shocked to hear this. But then, I'm Always Shocked.

UPDATE: Official documents show the following drugs were in Mays' system -- hydrocodone (Vicodin), oxycodone (painkiller), alprazolam (Xanax), nordiazepam (Valium), benzoylecgonine (byproduct of cocaine) and temazepam (anti-anxiety). Ethanol -- alcohol -- was also in Mays' system.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

http://www.tmz.com/

The drugs found in May's system doesn't mean he was a bad person. Just one who wasn't very smart. The cost of stupidity was high. Obviously, for himself and his family. So very, very sad and what a waste....

Pretty damn stupid to be using cocaine at that age! Not that I think it is a good idea to use cocaine at any age, but I thought it was pretty well known aboout the risk for cocaine causing either a heart attack or a stroke in older users especially. (Not that it can't do that in younger folks - such as basketball player Len Bias and many, many other non-famous people.

I, too, was shocked to hear this. But then, I'm Always Shocked.

:spit:

When it was announced that Billy Mays had died, I immediately recalled a statement I had made to my daughter. I had stated that I could not bear to hear him hollering in his commercials, and that one day he would have a throat problem from it. I would always have to mute the TV when his commercials came on. I could not bear the hollering, but I felt bad that he had died.

The drugs found in his system does very much surprise me. He seemed like such a clean cut guy. The question was asked if it made Billy Mays a bad person. Well, in a way it does because cocaine use, possession, and buying it is against the law. And he was old enough to know better. Cocaine can be a killer and it is illegal. This is a sad legacy he has left for his wife and children, IMO.

The truth is the truth, and it is what it is. I am sorry that Billy Mays died, and I have a great deal of sympathy for his wife and family.

Snipped

The question was asked if it made Billy Mays a bad person. Well, in a way it does because cocaine use, possession, and buying it is against the law. And he was old enough to know better. Cocaine can be a killer and it is illegal. This is a sad legacy he has left for his wife and children, IMO.

The truth is the truth, and it is what it is. I am sorry that Billy Mays died, and I have a great deal of sympathy for his wife and family.

I feel exactly the same way.

More people than would ever admit use illegal substances or use legal ones illicitly, on the sly. It's practically NORMAL.

A person can be clean cut and law abiding . . . erm, otherwise. Perhaps he got his dope from a similarly clean cut dealer.

I wonder how they "missed" his cardiac condition, as bad as it was, in his pre-op testing/preparation for his hip surgery? He could have coded on the table under all that anesthesia, or afterward during recovery. They do surgery on people with heart problems all the time, with special care taken. It sounds like his heart was ready to blow . . . well, it DID. Seems like he had several "things" conspiring against him in his last days :(

It saddens me to hear this about Billy. It's amazing that the cause of death wasn't multiple drug toxicity. I know I've been told by docs that you should never take more than one of the same class of drugs at the same time. That you need at least a six hour window between them. I wonder if Billy knew that?

UPDATE: Official documents show the following drugs were in Mays' system -- hydrocodone (Vicodin), oxycodone (painkiller), alprazolam (Xanax), nordiazepam (Valium), benzoylecgonine (byproduct of cocaine) and temazepam (anti-anxiety). Ethanol -- alcohol -- was also in Mays' system.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

http://www.tmz.com/

Addiction to vicodin is very common these days, as is oxycodone. But with Xanax and valium too, with cocaine - that is MAJOR addiction to a "high" state.

What really bothers me is so many people are DRIVING around with these drugs in their system! Are they gotten legally or illegally? BOTH

Billy's Wife Angry Over 'Speculative' Report

Posted Aug 7th 2009 6:00PM by TMZ Staff

Billy Mays' widow is "extremely disappointed" with the Hillsborough County medical examiner's office -- accusing them of sending out a "speculative" report that's damaging her husband's image.

Moments ago, Deborah Mays released the following statement:

"We are extremely disappointed by the press release released by the Hillsborough County medical examiner's office. We believe it contains speculative conclusions that are frankly unnecessary and tend to obscure the conclusion that Billy suffered from chronic, untreated hypertension, which only demonstrates how important it is to regularly monitor one's health.

Something occurred to me as I read that statement from his widow the other day.

I also have hypertension. Mine is treated and currently under control, but my thought was this:

My hypertension was diagnosed because it was caught when I visited the Doctor's office and my BP was taken during the intake portion of the visit. (hgt, wgt, BP, temp etc...)

Mr. Mays was taking quite a few prescription drugs. If he had been prescribed those drugs then certainly his hypertension would have been diagnosed and monitered...yes?

Which makes me ask the question~ were the medical drugs found in his system prescribed to him? Or did he purchase off the streets?

ETA: I bolded the portion of the quoted post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn
Back