Inside Kyron's Bedroom

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Love You Forever​
is a short book written by Robert Munsch and published in 1986. It tells the story of the evolving relationship between a boy and his mother. Though the book is considered to be part of the children's literature genre, it is perhaps even more popular with mothers​

Oh, Lordy, that book made me cry BEFORE I had kids, now I turn to a puddle of mush just thinking about it and my babies, then Desiree brings it up and I'm CATATONIC :cry:

He has an awesome piggy bank!

My oldest boy had a car wash that he used to love to play with too.

I love this video and learning more about KYRON!

What book is it that makes Desiree cry?
Anyone who has a boy needs to read that book titled, "Love You
Forever". A baby boy is born and his mother rocks him and says, "I'll love you forever..." The boy grows older, and mom continues to say those words when he is asleep. Boy grows up...moves across town...and mom sneaks into his room when he is asleep."

I won't spoil the ending, but it is a precious book. My son is 25, and I have the copy I read to him in which I put pics of him as he grew. When DY
talked about the book, it only reinforced the love she has for Kyron in my eyes. :innocent:

Kyron needs to be back in his own bed. What a sad tragic case that I do not feel will have a happy ending.

I am going to look for that book! I raised two boys and I'll bet I'd still love it.

I bet you would too! And I bet you'll still cry. It's SUCH a great book about a mother's love for her son. Like Desiree, I can't read it without crying either.

Seeing Kyron's room just breaks my heart all over again. The rumpled bed...oh man.... I can picture him all snuggled in, waiting for a goodnight kiss from his mama. :(

Spoiler alert

"The story begins while a son has just been born. The story then continues through the life of the boy until he is a grown man. The mother continues to rock her son to sleep singing "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be." Later, the role is reversed and he holds his elderly mother and says "I'll love you forever I'll like you for always as long as I'm living my Mommy you'll be." At the very end of the story, he is the father of a little girl, rocking her to sleep singing the same song that his mother used to sing to him."

Omigosh. I'm not a parent and just reading this description in the Wikipedia article makes me cry, for complex reasons. Thank you for the info. This really brings the focus back to Kyron for me--the emotions of the people who love him and how he must be missing his family vs. the rest of the media circus.

I'm not religious, but :praying: they find Kyron soon.

I am not sure how to say what I want to say here.....but I will try.....does anyone but me find it odd that she did not make his bed for two weeks awaiting his return visit? I am assuming he visited his mom every two weeks? I personally would have my child's room cleaned and ready for his return visit.....this is just me...MO

They all have the oddest relationship I have ever seen with one another.She knows his bedroom,what he liked to display,etc.My husband never saw the inside of my home when he had visits with my kids,they went to his house to visit.We didn't want to talk to each other,unless we had to.LOL But,they all met up at a restaurant to exchange kids every two weeks.Terri would email DY about 5 times a day,DY said.I've seen pics of Terri,her son and little K,DY's son and Kyron with DY's son's father at a bd dinner in a restaurant for him.It's all just highly unusual.I wonder if other families have this kind of interaction,maybe it's a "todays" way of working with one another.They were more like one family,instead of divorced seperate families.

We have a similar blended family and we now (after a lot of heartache and working through former marriage issues) have a very close, blended family. I send my xH and his new W's babies presents, they stay at my home when they come to visit, we have barbecues together, go whale watching together, have lots of communication. IMO, it's best for the children this way. They get the benefit of lots of loving parents. My xH's new children are "sisters" to my daughter - not half- or step- sisters. It works.

I am not sure how to say what I want to say here.....but I will try.....does anyone but me find it odd that she did not make his bed for two weeks awaiting his return visit? I am assuming he visited his mom every two weeks? I personally would have my child's room cleaned and ready for his return visit.....this is just me...MO

Not really. The Desiree who has come across in press conferences really loved Kyron and felt guilty for not being the primary parent for him, missed him truly when he was away. In her place perhaps I'd also like the spill of toys on the floor, the rumpled bed, the fort built inconveniently half in and out of the closet when he's gone. All of the signs of a little boy creating the normal amount of low-key mess.

I am going to look for that book! I raised two boys and I'll bet I'd still love it.

Be warned - it is Kryptonite for mothers. Extremely emotional.

If I were in DY's place, I would have to hide that book forever. I'm not sure I could handle reading it with my son missing, as I can barely get through it now (without breaking down).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KTlynn21
Back