Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why she needed 3 gas cans (total of 15 extra gallons) to get to AZ and out of AZ, but why did she fill up that 3rd can in SLC? Talk about a dumb move. I mean I'm glad she did it and I'm glad she used her CC to do so, but at that point she didn't need an extra gas can's worth of fuel, right?

I was thinking the same thing. ONLY thing, and it really doesn't make sense (but neither does anything out of Jodi's mouth) is that she could "show" she didn't use them? Claim it was the same gas? Thinking they'd see the 3 receipts in CA, but not in SLC (like she tried to hide it to begin with).

OR...that she promised DB to return them full as part of paying back the favor? Including an extra one?

:waitasec::waitasec:

QUESTION: Does anyone remember where Jodi said she got gas in addition to the receipts we have? Or which day of her testimony that was?

I'm making a chart of her mileage and the amount of gas needed for the legs of her murder trip to see what's possible with 2 gas cans, etc.
I believe she said she got gas in Desert City and Buckeye ... Buckeye is near Phoenix, but I have no clue as to where Desert City might be, unless it's another name for Palm Desert ?

Did I read correctly that it was a 2008 Infiniti G35? So she bought it likely after she had hooked up with Travis? Those cars started at $32,000. And according to her, she had the optional navigation system as well. She didn't even have a job did she? How on earth did she think she was going to be able to afford it? Not surprising it supposedly got repossessed. Did she still have it at the time of the murder?

I don't think jodi cared about work of any kind. It sounds like she worked at every restaurant in California. Being a server meant some money in her pocket but for big items she seemed to sponge off other people. I think all these men gave her money. Don't know who helped her with that car but it's not a surprise she couldn't pay for it. Maybe she thought she'd clean up at PPL, but turns out she sucked at that too.

one thing I did find useful on the JA innocent site is a list of the jury questions. I had not seen the total list and have only read and heard testiphony regarding what I could catch during my werk day on the sneak. So I can now go through the entire list of questions to better get a feel for where the jury is having sticking points with JAs statements. Woot Woot.

I've still yet to see any proof that there was any sex that day. :waitasec:

Somebody earlier today posted a theory that was the first thing that really made sense to me. I can't remember who it was (I really should do something about my memory problems, like a certain other someone). So I'm paraphrasing, with profuse apologies:

Jodi calls Travis and said she wants to stop by. She gets there and apologizes for whatever terrible thing she did. Says she realizes that they can never get back together as bf/gf but hopes they can remain friends. And how about a roll in the hay, one last time -- just like she's done with previous boyfriends. Then she kills him.

Sure...what were the dates on those? I'm digging for the cell phone/Chinese food part of the juror questions.
Her last entry is May 10th and it starts with "I cannot ignore that there is an ever-present yearning and desire that pulses within me. It throbs for gratification and fulfillment."

QUESTION: Does anyone remember where Jodi said she got gas in addition to the receipts we have? Or which day of her testimony that was?

I'm making a chart of her mileage and the amount of gas needed for the legs of her murder trip to see what's possible with 2 gas cans, etc.

DAY 24 http://crimeandcourtsnews.blogspot.nl/2013/02/jodi-arias-trial-focuses-on-gas-cans.html#.UTqJTYy9KSN

On Feb. 27, 2013, prosecutor Juan Martinez continued grilling Jodi Arias during the fourth day of cross examination. While the two have been playing a tiresome game of cat and mouse regarding Jodi Arias' lies, today's testimony focused greatly on Arias' trip from Yreka, California to Mesa, Arizona. The prosecution aims to show that the purchase of gas cans and gas for the long distance trip shows that Arias tried to avoid detection and had premeditated Travis Alexander's June 4, 2008, murder.

She was planning suicide in '07 and wanted her Grandmother to open the letters a year later??

Appears as if there is a lot of confusion here about JA and suicide.

A recurrent theme with a couple of different purported writings about suicide.

When she was having problems in her relationship, she claimed being suicidal as part and parcel of her DV claim. She did write about this in her journal in Jan. 2008 and this has been part of testimony.

After Mr. Aleander was murdered, JA claims she planned to commit suicide before the case could ever go to trial. I seem to recall she testified that she contemplated suicide before she was arrested as well. She sent her grandmother a suicide letter from prison which was marked "Do not open until X date." The jury asked about this letter and Nurmi tried to introduce it as evidence. JM objected, a sidebar followed and the letter was not introduced as evidence that day (3/7/13).

Trials r us... Where did you see the pics posted of the suicide letters please?

Yeah, I wanna read that stupid carp that made her soooooooooooo sorry for herself that she cried......never a tear for Travis, who's life is gone, done...and over.

Mormon Attorney

Thanks for your insightful posting this afternoon!

I would like to hope I am somewhat responsible for it by posing my earlier question so I am back for another round.

Jodi seems to be the most hated person on the planet at least her on WS by countless posts of LIAR or I hate her.

At the risk of becoming the most hated poster here at WS let me state I have never hated her, not even close. People kill and murder people everyday, if I hated just a few of them I would be filled with hate. It seems that since Jodi is under the microscope, she is hated for every single thing she does, including the way she blinks her eyes. Her photography is horrible, her lying, her art, her appearance, down to how she holds her glass of water, all are just lower than the low.

So here comes my question, forget everything we know and lets change the circumstances.

Hypothetical, had Jodi been raped and murdered in a viscous manner where she was the victim and had never done anything wrong herself.....Do you feel that all (maybe not all) of her lies would somehow become truths. Would her photography be great and would she be described as having such a promising career whose life was cut short?

The photography angle just irks me. She is nothing but a point and shoot type of "photographer". But I bet you that the media would elevate her to genius (right now they have her as "promising") if your scenario were a fact. IMO, she has no natural talent for great photography. It requires emotion and feeling. I also dislike sweeping generalisations that she is reviled on all counts just because she is a sadistic murderess.

Are there any photos that show injuries to Travis' right hand? I have found autopsy photos of left hand, but didn't see any of right hand. Does anyone know if Travis was right or left handed? Thanks

OK, just Mapquested her route assuming she went straight from Sparks NV to Yreka CA to return to work on 6/6/08 and then back to Redding CA on 6/7 . The total mileage is 2657 and I'm willing to throw in 50 miles for her driving around Pasadena & West Jordan. The rental car receipt shows 2873 miles, so where the heck are those other 165 miles or so ?

Maybe to Yreka before return?

I didn't have time to look at map yet. Guess I want to do that. Too curious now!

:welcome6:
You know I thought the exact same thing re her so called suicide letters looking more like journal entries. Who writes their final goodbyes on lined baby without acknowledging the person the letter is being sent to at the onset???? Especially when the letters are being written in 2007, to be opened in 2008???? I think those were suicidal thoughts she wrote in her journal after TA dumped her personally, and I now wonder if she was planning a murder suicide ever since.
All the Law of Attraction stuff goes out the window if somehow you're holding onto suicidal notations from 6 years ago. How convenient. I get the impression she keeps throwing this suicidal ideation stuff out there because she knows suicidal people won't get the DP. Suicidal people get medication and therapy however and are put under suicide watch in jail. JA is receiving none of that special treatment and never has per her own response to the jurors.

Ya ... and remember her comment to Det. Flores .... "I chickened out like a little *****" ... when he asked her about running out and leaving him. I have often wondered in that might have been in her line of thinking (murder/suicide), but then it appears that it was premeditated to be a murder .... given all of the details ... gas cans, Utah, Ryan Burns ... blah blah blah .... I think she was always giving herself an "out" as far a suicide was concerned .... it was a planned murder ... no question.

It depends on whether the court ruled to exclude witnesses, which is very common. In this case they did rule to exclude witnesses. This means that, except for the defendant, witnesses are not allowed to observe the proceeding (not even supposed to watch on TV) until after they have been released from their subpoena. This usually means until after they have testified unless they are planning on calling them back again as a rebuttal witness. This has actually bothered me because with Det. Flores now sitting at the Prosecutor's table, he can't be recalled during the rebuttal (unless there is some exception I've never heard of for law enforcement). And, BTW, this doesn't matter if they are family or not - if excluded it means every witness except the defendant.

The one murder trial I had to testify in a long time ago, a case I was VERY, VERY emotionally and mentally wrapped up in, I was fuming mad that I was excluded for the entire trial except when I was on the stand. Even after testifying they said that they might recall me so I remained excluded until the verdict was read. I really thought I was going to go crazy and flip my lid not knowing what was going on with a case I was deeply vested in for nearly a year.

Assuming AZ has a similar law as many states about LE being allowed in the courtroom, and Assuming that Detective Flores is a LE officer (as are most detectives, unless they are private, he should be "re-callable."

No idea if AZ allows LE principals to remain after being called or not.

I understand why she needed 3 gas cans (total of 15 extra gallons) to get to AZ and out of AZ, but why did she fill up that 3rd can in SLC? Talk about a dumb move. I mean I'm glad she did it and I'm glad she used her CC to do so, but at that point she didn't need an extra gas can's worth of fuel, right?

This is yet another baffling move by Ms. Ariass......"but when Juan explains it....it ties in....

you're talking about her defense lawyers. that's their job.

she'd gone through not guilty, wasn't there. WAS there, someone else did it. nothing left but insanity or self defense. she's not insane. so her defense has been fashioned to fit her new defense strategy of self defense.

she's not telling them what to do or say. the things we hear her say on the stand have been choreographed by her defense. it was so obvious that her narrative of how the murder happened---in response to the jury---was not nearly as clear as it was when nurmi was questioning her on direct. she went off script with the jury because he couldn't help her.

Semi O/T, but I thought that defense attys couldn't deliberately create a lie to use as a defense? If their client lies to them and they build a defense on that, that's one thing, but when JA admitted to Nurmi that she killed TA, for example, Nurmi couldn't say "well, let's just stick with the ninja story anyway" could he?

Not in evidence - my understanding is that it is considered heresay. Det Flores mentioned a few snips during his testimoney (dildo w/a heartbeat). But we have not seen it.

Everyone is :waitasec: about the content. I'm sure it'll come out AFTER and we'll all be :rocker: at Travis for what he told her. :)

Is Flores the only one we've heard 'dildo with a heartbeat' from? Has JM ever read that part?

Because that was telling to me. HE'S the one who felt used.

I'm thinking that she altered the EXIF data on some old sex pics, then put them on a memory card she had with her (she knew prior to the trip what kind of camera Travis had purchased), then put that memory card into the camera, before taking the shower/murder pics.

She kills him, then she dyes her hair brown so that when Ryan Burns sees her, it matches the sex photos. It also disguises her from how the rental car guy and any surveillance cameras saw her.

She knew she'd be busted. She just wanted people to think that Travis just HAD TO HAVE HER one last time before he died.

I just cannot bring myself to believe he had sex with her 8 days after sending her that text that said she was the worst person he ever met, and a complete psychopath. It makes NO sense.

Why would she do all that and then delete them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor