Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Do you know if there's a copy of this with dates? A poster earlier had said that Jodi may have gone back from SLC via Sacramento. But, the purchase of an airline ticket prior to that charge (if that's the case) would be odd.

PS- Priceline also does hotels and cars, right?

Yes they do, but that's an airline charge. Keep in mind as well, that bank statement transaction are not always in the order they were incurred.

this is a circular conversation. LOL. i doubt everything she says because to do otherwise, with what we know about her, would be stupid. i don't believe she got there at 4 am. i think she may have watched awhile to make sure nobody was home. if she did get there that early, they had a very long day together with many, many holes in it. between the pictures and the shower pics, what the heck was going on? that's something like 4 hours.

she says he ate. she ate a banana. that's pretty quick. he was in his office awhile, where he threw her over a chair and essentially raped her over something she did to his disk drive? this is HER story. even if he was in his office, where was she? how long were they in there and what were they doing?

then she says he went up to take a shower, right? so again, what happened between those pictures and the shower???? she's very vague about that period of time, IMO, which tells me SOMETHING was going on.

again, about the bed pictures, i'm in the 'they had sex' camp. i don't see how she took the ones of herself without him knowing? how risky would that have been? where was he that she would've had time to do that? and i believe from the time stamps that the ones of him are very close to the ones of her, no? so how could he not know about them? so i believe he took the ones of her, and she took the ones of him.

it's AFTER that and BEFORE the shower i wish we knew about. and yes, i DO think at some point he thought she was gone, because returning after she left is jodi's MO. she did that all the time. and when she came back, she brought her tools with her, because things didn't go as she hoped and he wasn't getting a reprieve. by the time he saw her there, it was already too late.

sorry to ramble. i was walking my dogs and my brain was fried by my thoughts by the time i got home!!

Oh No! Don`t do this to me! :banghead: :floorlaugh:

One thing I`m sure of is that she did not go there prepared to offer him a reprieve if he took her to Cancun. After his last email to her, she was going to kill him. Nor do I believe he knew she was coming. Too risky that he might tell someone, or even have someone in the house with him to help persuade her to leave.

I think she brought the rope with her. What guy has, or buys, 20+ feet of decorative interior design rope. She brought it and she took it away (if it existed at all).

I tend to tie her arrival in with the first departure of his room mate. She may well have hung out in the park across the street to observe. Incognito rental car parked down the street. So maybe she `left` after sex, back to her park viewing point. Room mate returns and leaves again. Back she goes for round two, killing kit retrieved from car. Doggy gate goes up and she slips upstairs, into the bathroom.

Still cannot for the life of me see why he would be in the mood for sex with her, or a dirty picture shoot.

And please let him mention to the jury that there is absolutely NO PROOF that Travis had sex with her that day or ever wanted her in that house!

It doesn't make any difference if they had sex that day or not, and because of the naked photos I think it's pretty safe to assume that they did. Sex is the only thing Jodi had in her arsenal to have him pay even one bit of attention to her after the break up, and like so many women have believed before and always will, Jodi believed she could convince him to get back with her with offering him sex.

Whether or not they had sex before she killed him is immaterial to the case, and given the photo evidence they very likely did.

I think her strategy was the same as it always was but this time telling him she'd moved on, and this was just "for old time's sake" sort of like "good bye. let's be just friends" sex. But Jodi's real plan was the same as it always was - win him back to her with sex. Except this time she was prepared to either make him dump the other woman from the Cancun trip and take her or she was going to kill him.

She was never satisfied with the occasional sex romp with him, and was pissed off that it was not working in getting him back to her, so she put her foot down and decided either he take her back or she'd kill him. There was no way she was going to allow anyone but her to have him. If she couldn't have him then she was going to make him pay for that with his life which conveniently also would keep anyone else from ever having him. A story as old as time itself.

Could the fact that JA owed TA the money for the car have played a roll or do you guys think this was only because of jealousy?

We need a map replication of Jodi's "roadtrip" flagged with the gas stops etc.

I need a visual! .... Hope JM has one on closing!

If this answer isn't the dumbest one I've heard in all my life. She is mind-numbingly stupid.

Question from a juror:How did Travis' anger escalate after you shot him?
JA's answer: I don't remember the words he was saying but he was angrier, he was screaming more, he was cursing more, and we had fallen over right after that shot occurred and he was grabbing at my clothes and grabbing at me and again as soon as I broke away he threatened my life.

Um what?
That was a beauty, huh?! There's been so much embellishment to that tale. Sometimes she mixes in the "I didn't know he was shot"...and other times she "attributes" super human powers to Travis. But, you would think that if you just shot someone who supposedly was "over" you in some way...they would, in fact, fall on top of you. OY! I feel a headache coming on.

Thanks! Do you know if there's a copy of this with dates? A poster earlier had said that Jodi may have gone back from SLC via Sacramento. But, the purchase of an airline ticket prior to that charge (if that's the case) would be odd.

PS- Priceline also does hotels and cars, right?

The Priceline line item says "air" so it most likely is for airfare. My bank statements show items in the order they were presented to the bank, not the order I necessarily charged them. Without the dates on the statements it's impossible to put them in order of purchase.

We need a map replication of Jodi's "roadtrip" flagged with the gas stops etc.

I need a visual! .... Hope JM has one on closing!

Have you seen Minor4th's detailed post about the gas trips? It was very helpful.

I think the date of the airline ticket is important because Jodi told Flores that she missed Travis's funeral in southern California because she had a flat tire on the way to the airport. I think this was before the memorial service in Mesa. Is this the charge for the trip for the funeral, or did she lie about this, too?

http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/floresinvestigationreport.pdf
(page 18 near bottom)

I have no doubt about the premeditation. On May 26, Travis sent her the text message calling her a sociopath, saying that she was the worst thing that had ever happened to him, saying he was going to tell her family what she had done, etc. Two days later somebody (Jodi) stole a 25-caliber gun and a few other things from her grandparents' house. She just happened to be living with those grandparents. Jodi mentioned that the person stole $30 from her (a $20 bill and a $10 bill). She probably lied about this. There was a large stack of quarters in the house, but the person left those. He/she also didn't notice Jodi's laptop in a laundry basket under some clothes (if that's where it was). There were other guns there also, but only the one handgun was taken--the same caliber gun that Jodi used to kill Travis. This isn't a popular gun now. It was more popular back in the early 1900's, probably prior to 1950 or so. I read somewhere that this caliber was first built in 1905. On June 2, she rented the car, asking for one that did not stand out. The guy at Budget said that her hair was blond. The next day, June 3, she had brown hair. She dyed her hair so that she wouldn't be recognized in Mesa. Everyone there knew she had platinum blond hair. If someone saw a female with brown hair walking to a white Ford Focus, they would never realize that it was Jodi. She had talked with Darrell beforehand about borrowing the gas cans, and then she bought an extra can. On the receipt, it says it's a kerosene can. Since it's a new can, she could have put gas in that can so she wouldn't have to buy any gas anywhere near Mesa or bought kerosene to use to burn her clothes and other things she wanted to get rid of. Jodi had to go back out of her way to return a remote. I wonder if she hid the DVD player (or whatever she stole from her grandparents) in her car, gave it to Darrell and his son, and forgot to give them the remote. She may have brought the knife from home, or she could have bought a large knife with cash on the way to Mesa and then thrown the receipt away. No knife was missing from any knife set at Travis's house. She never bought anything in the Mesa area. That was the purpose of the gas cans. Jodi arrived at Travis's house in the middle of the night (3-4 a.m.). Jodi and Travis slept until noon or later. His roommate Enrico got up early the morning of June 4 to go to work. He usually got back home around 6 to 6:30. The other, Zach, got up and went to the repair shop to get his car that had been wrecked. I have no idea what time he left, but he said he got back at 3 and left again at 4. One of the roommates told Flores that the only people who had been at that house during the previous week were Travis, Zach and his girlfriend, and Enrico and his girlfriend. That person also said that there had been no strange cars in the neighborhood. So where did Jodi park? If she had parked in the driveway, as she said, one of the two guys would have remembered the car being there, even if they didn't know whose car it was. Travis sent that text saying he didn't want to have anything to do with her on May 26. Nine days later he was dead.

Last night I started reading the media thread. Somewhere on there, I saw where Jodi was asked about the trip to Cancun. She DID admit that she was a little bit jealous that she wasn't getting to go with Travis on that trip.

Jodi has told so many lies on the stand. I think the jury has to discount everything that she has said because nobody can tell what's the truth and what's a lie. I honestly don't believe Jodi's anal sex after baptism story or the one about Travis and the pictures of the little boys. He probably did yell at her at times and throw stuff across the room, but I don't believe there was any physical abuse or sexual abuse.

That's a great summary of Jodi Arias' actions indicating premeditation. And I do believe the catalyst for this was Travis Alexander calling her out as a liar and sociopath.

He was done with her. She planned everything to leave no "footprint" in Arizona, and her meeting with Ryan Burns was simply an alibi to put her closer to that goal.

For that reason I wonder:

1. If Travis Alexander had any idea she was coming. That they talked on the phone tells us nothing of the conversation.

2. That she entered the home at 4:00 AM. She may have arrived in Mesa at that time, but why go through the elaborate preparations if they could be done by a roommate spotting her in the home?

From the photo time stamps the earliest she can be placed in the home is 1:44 in the afternoon. Do we know if any of the roommates were in the home at that time or had they left earlier? If she appeared in the downstairs computer room first and hung out with Travis watching YouTube videos, wouldn't that put her at great risk to be spotted by a roommate?

Depending on the movements of the roommates, I can see her sitting outside his house, in her inconspicuous white car with her now brown hair, watching who entered and left.

Which, if true, would add not only premeditation, but lying in wait to Jodi Arias' list of stellar achievements.

And it adds another rational for carrying the .25: Pesky unavoidable witnesses.

Yes they do, but that's an airline charge. Keep in mind as well, that bank statement transaction are not always in the order they were incurred.
I really would love to see the dates.
My charges are in order, but you're right, I imagine that could be the case.

My thought when I watched that was that Jodi was mad that travis would choose to spend ANY time with his friends when she was around and obviously wanted to be bedded.

She's just a reptilian creature. I just saw all the autopsy photos for the first time. I saw the hand and leg photos before. I can tell you that I am just disgusted and if that jury saw those photos, there is NO WAY she is getting LWOP.

It doesn't make any difference if they had sex that day or not, and because of the naked photos I think it's pretty safe to assume that they did. Sex is the only thing Jodi had in her arsenal to have him pay even one bit of attention to her after the break up, and like so many women have believed before and always will, Jodi believed she could convince him to get back with her with offering him sex.

Whether or not they had sex before she killed him is immaterial to the case, and given the photo evidence they very likely did.

I think her strategy was the same as it always was but this time telling him she'd moved on, and this was just "for old time's sake" sort of like "good bye. let's be just friends" sex. But Jodi's real plan was the same as it always was - win him back to her with sex. Except this time she was prepared to either make him dump the other woman from the Cancun trip and take her or she was going to kill him.

She was never satisfied with the occasional sex romp with him, and was pissed off that it was not working in getting him back to her, so she put her foot down and decided either he take her back or she'd kill him. There was no way she was going to allow anyone but her to have him. If she couldn't have him then she was going to make him pay for that with his life which conveniently also would keep anyone else from ever having him. A story as old as time itself.

Does it make a difference when it comes to the charge of felony murder? He doesn't look happy in those nude photos and the only evidence we have of them having sex comes from her nasty mouth.

Here's Minor4th's detailed post about the gas cans and stops

Well she filled up in Pasadena and filled up the gas cans. Her car had a 12-13 gallon capacity.

From Pasadena to Desert Center, it's 171 miles and takes 5 gallons of gas in a 2008 Ford Focus. On cross-exam, Jodi says she was running low on gas and filled up approx 12 gallons - that's not possible, but she could have topped off.

From Desert Center, CA to Buckeye, AZ, it's 170 miles and takes 5 gallons of gas. She said she filled up again in Buckeye and conceded on cross that she was running low on gas, so another 12 gallons of gas in Buckeye - this is not possible, and I do not believe she would have stopped at a gas station this close to Travis' home.

From Buckeye, AZ to Mesa, AZ is 56 miles and takes 1.7 gallons of gas.
If you assume Desert Center and Buckeye are fabrications because we don't have receipts and the appearance is Jodi is trying to be a ghost on her way to Travis' -- from Pasadena to Mesa is 386 miles and would take 11 gallons of gas. Jodi could make it to Mesa without stopping for gas, and have about 1 gallon to spare.

From Mesa to Hoover Dam is 293 miles and takes 8.6 gallons of gas.

From Hoover Dam to Mesquite, AZ it's 114.5 miles and takes 3.5 gallons of gas. In Mesquite, AZ she purchased $46.11 worth of gasoline --at least 10 gallons. There is no receipt for this gas purchase, and Jodi has not testified about getting gas here - we see this only on the bank statement that Juan entered yesterday.

So from Mesa to Mesquite, AZ, via Hoover Dam, Jodi would have used a little over 12 gallons at a minimum. That is a little more gas than she could have had left over in her tank plus 2, 5-gallon cans. Either she did stop between Mesa and Pasadena, or she had 3 gas cans. If she did stop for gas between Pasadena and Mesa, however, she would not have had to use the gas in the extra cans, so they would have remained full -- and she could not have filled them in SLC, which we know she did. Ergo, she had to have had 3 gas cans.

From Mesquite, AZ to West Jordan, UT, it's 331 miles, and takes 10 gallons of gas

From West Jordan to SLC, it's 13 miles and takes .5 gallons of gas.

In SLC she purchased 20.25 gallons of gas (not counting the possible purchase for the 3rd gas can). Presumably she filled up her car and the two cans, since this is way more gas than her car can hold.

From SLC to Winnemuca, NV, it's 354 miles and takes 10.4 gallons of gas. She said she was almost on empty when she filled up her car in Winnemuca. She purchased 12 gallons of gas.

From Winnemuca, NV to Sparks, NV it's 163 miles and takes 4.8 gallons of gas. In Sparks, she bought 5 gallons of gas. So she would have a full tank of gas and an extra 10 gallons in the trunk.

From Sparks, NV to Yreka, CA , it's 255 miles and takes 7.7 gallons of gas

From Yreka, CA to Redding, CA, it's 98 miles and takes 3 gallons of gas. In Redding she purchased 9.47 gallons of gas, presumably filling the tank.

At the end of her trip, she should have also still had 10 gallons of gas in the extra cans if she did not go anywhere else.

CONCLUSION:

1. She could not have made it from Pasadena to Mesquite on a tank of gas and 2, 5-gallon cans.

2. She could make it to Mesquite, NV if she had three extra 5-gallon cans OR if she filled up in Buckeye.

3. If she got filled up in Buckeye, then she would not have needed to use the extra gas cans at any time before she filled up again in Mesquite. And after filling up in Mesquite, she had enough gas to get her to West Jordan and then to SLC, and she still would not have needed the extra cans. But in SLC she filled up the extra 5-gallon cans, so she had to have used them. That means she did not fill up in Buckeye.

4. Since she didn't fill up in Buckeye, she must have used the extra tanks -- but since she couldn't make it all the way to Mesquite with 2 extra cans, she had to have had 3 extra gas cans.

5. Unless she went somewhere else after Sparks, NV, she should have ended her trip with 2 full 5-gallon gas cans.

Yes, she knew how to use knives from all of her tire slashing. Plus she had knives packed in the car when she was arrested. :banghead:

Knives packed in the car........makes me wonder if she had her next victim in mind?

Here's my thought on the bed photos that were supposedly taken that day.......they didn't happen. Jodi says she brought TWO cameras with her, I do believe that. I believe that she transferred photos from one of her cameras to his new camera and the time stamps show the time they were transferred. I do not believe there was any sex at all that day. I do not believe that Travis let her in the house. I do not believe that Travis even knew she was coming. I believe that Jodi is the one that was on Travis's laptop at 4 am and not Travis. I believe that Travis had no idea that Jodi was in the house much less his bathroom taking pictures of him in the shower until he turned and saw her. I believe that if you look at the shower pictures in order that you can see when he realized she was there. I believe that she stabbed him in the chest first while he was sitting in the shower and that was also when she took the accidental shower ceiling picture.

Jodi planned this carefully. Jodi had no intention of Travis being alive when she left his house. Thank goodness she stinks as a criminal because the evidence she left behind will allow the jury to find her guilty of 1st degree murder.

MOO

I was thinking about this last night...they actually just dated from January-June the year before, correct? And it was mostly long distance? How friggin unbelievable!!

I have a thought about the killing. Just a thought, because I do not know anything for sure. But hypothetically speaking, JA could have shot Travis first. Although it did not kill him, he would have been incapacitated and in shock....Jodi, terrified that she did not kill him and he would live to tell, then ran down the stairs and got a knife from his kitchen, and back up to Travis who is standing over the sink (blood spatters)...and stabs him in the back numerous times. Death is a process and since he is making gurgling noices she fears he is still alive. She then overkills him.

I usually roll my eyes at things that callers to the TH shows say but one person did make a thought provoking comment yesterday. Since we know that there's almost always a little kernel of truth in JAs lies it resonated with me. The caller suggested that Jodi most likely 'ran to the closet' not because she knew TA kept a gun on the shelf but because that's where her purse (which contained the knife and the gun) was located. It struck me, too, that she also told 48 Hours that she "picked up her purse which was on the floor" when she was running from the "ninjas."

Oh No! Don`t do this to me! :banghead: :floorlaugh:

One thing I`m sure of is that she did not go there prepared to offer him a reprieve if he took her to Cancun. After his last email to her, she was going to kill him. Nor do I believe he knew she was coming. Too risky that he might tell someone, or even have someone in the house with him to help persuade her to leave.

I think she brought the rope with her. What guy has, or buys, 20+ feet of decorative interior design rope. She brought it and she took it away (if it existed at all).

I tend to tie her arrival in with the first departure of his room mate. She may well have hung out in the park across the street to observe. Incognito rental car parked down the street. So maybe she `left` after sex, back to her park viewing point. Room mate returns and leaves again. Back she goes for round two, killing kit retrieved from car. Doggy gate goes up and she slips upstairs, into the bathroom.

Still cannot for the life of me see why he would be in the mood for sex with her, or a dirty picture shoot.

someone back a long time ago posted a one sentence post that i think sums up why she killed him: 'she killed him so she could move on.' i believe that. she was back at grandma's in CA, too far away to keep a watchful eye on him and know first-hand what he was doing. she couldn't stand it. THEN, he didn't come see her as planned. he kept cancelling that trip. that pissed her off. THEN the cancun thing. THEN the monumental fight over whatever it was and she thought he'd slipped from her grasp and when that happened, she hatched her plan. this just had to end and short of him being dead, it never would for her.

so maybe no matter what he did, there would've been no reprieve. if he'd dropped to one knee and proposed? told her he was sorry and he loved her and wanted to be with her? who knows if that would've changed things. with her romance novel, magical, psychopathic way of thinking, maybe that's what she was dreaming would happen.

i DEFINITELY agree she went there with the intent to kill him. but like everyone else, what went on that day will drive me batty forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966