Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DB was not asked about her hair color. They did not call MM as a defence witness (hoinky huh?). No one has called MM's room-mate so far. I hope the State either has compelling evidence and presents it clearly, or that they just let it go.

moo
DB WAS a defense witness. He only ACTED like a state witness after Juan got him. lol

You may be right and I'm starting to think that the hair color bit is a red herring that might just be left alone. UNLESS, the state has some really compelling evidence that she died her hair, of course. Which they might have.

I followed KC's trial throughout and totally enjoyed the Florida Sunshine Laws while doing so but in some ways, not knowing everything in advance, allows us to better understand the trial proceedings in a fashion that is more similar to what the jury sees. A totally different perspective to be sure!

moo

Exactly. I have known women who want to change from light to dark, however do it gradually so as not to have such a drastic change all at once. Looking at photos of JA, and from what she has said, it appears that was the case with her as well. The rental agent makes it seem she was that platinum blonde when she rented the car, however, that is a lot of hair to dye while on the road, so my opinion of the entire matter has changed. Perhaps she darkened it some, but not a lot.

:)

Maybe top earners in PPL were given phones to hand out as inducements, or he was given an extra phone which he had not registered? He could have given it to Jodi and she registered it in her name, which would make the warranty in her name, and eligible for replacement.

I'm j*zz thinkin' out loud here ...

oh em gee!

... but yeah.. could be!

But the fact that they presented these "pictures" only after Juan's cross about the hand injury tells me they must be from the helio phone, otherwise Juan would have objected to the defense bringing them in. They must have part of the forensic examiner's findings on the helio phone since that is the only phone of Jodi's Dworkin examined.

I'm more than happy to entertain another explanation - but I have heard no testimony about any other phone evidence.

I'm thinking there were two Helios. The one that got "stolen" May 17th or 18th and the one that replaced it. The defence either hasn't made it clear because they haven't yet caught up to JA's lies or they're happy to have it remain unclear...JM will most likely clear this up if the jury doesn't ask first.

moo

Welcome back Paintr! I wished you good night last time you were checking out but I think you had already left the building!

:seeya:

Thank you kindly for the good wishes, PP. I had a great sleep! After CA I said I am not looking at any other cases. Nope! Not looking! Then I read about this one in the news right about the time the ninjas came along. Ninjas! My first thought...yeah! Right! And I was hooked! :floorlaugh:

I am sure this has been answered many times, so I apologize in advance, but ...

Can someone give the dates again that her phone was lost, when she got the Helio, and when she found her other phone again? And what is the significance? Could she not take pics on the non-helio phone?

TIA!!

4/__ (prior to 4/18) Mesa AZ to Yreka CA JA moved from Mesa AZ to Yreka CA. JA placed her Razor cell phone in cup holder with hot chocolate and ruined it. Visited Gus in So CA in afternoon (gave her Helio cell phone);
Visits MattMcC at his house who stated he saw bruises

5/10 Yreka CA JA recorded sex call w/TA on Helio cell phone.

5/17or18 Yreka CA JA said her Helio phone was stolen (the Chinese Takeout Phone Heist). Found ~2 years later in ?Auties/Gpa's? car; contained 5/10 sex tape

5/30 or 6/1 Yreka CA JA wounded right index finger at Casa Ramos, back side near knuckle; photos taken with HELIO cell phone! ?Photos of injury look to me like injury from struggle with a gun!?!?

Significance is not entirely clear yet but 5/30 photo of finger injury may have been taken with same "lost" Helio cell phone that had 5/10 sex tape on it. Nurmi specifically asked: "was this same Helio we've been talking about" - JA agreed. May just be that she's been caught in another lie. But, there has got to be more to it. JMO

I think we're all very curious about what Matt may have to say. I'm dying for him to be called!

JM has to call him, right? I am extremely interested in this guy's testimony. Will he stick with JA's story? Stay tuned:seeya:

The old peace sign is the same as the old victory sign. As I understand it (ok-JA has ruined that phrase for me), that is a double F-U symbol. If you take a second to form that sign, you realize you need some concentration to make your fingers do that.

I have been opening my mind to other possibilities through reading posts and allowing ideas to marinate. Has anyone else noticed the strange tracks of petechiae all over TA's back in the shower pics? One of my theories is that he was already being tortured by JA before the shower. He thought she was gone at last and I think he was crying in the shower. Supporting that is the stream of snot seen streaming out of his left nostril in the lighted face shot where he's sitting in the shower.

Earlier in my thoughts, I felt he was pressing a chest wound in the very first photo. Other posters disagreed, but I am still thinking the hand positions are very odd on his chest. If so, he would be weakening and might sit in the shower on his own after the shock of seeing JA there in ninja clothes with a gun. He may have been crying, begging for his life (so sorry if any family is reading this).

The photo of him sitting after the closeup has blood and water in the drain under his buttocks. He is in the same position as the closeup ONLY HIS ARMS ARE WAY UP and he is slumped back. In the closeup, his arms are outstretched, maybe hugging his knees? That would be a very protective position. JA cannot really stab him in the chest in this position.

In the next picture his body is slumped rather than leaning forward. Something has definitely happened--an attack. But is it a knife attack or the gun? We have gone back and forth about this and I've been on both sides at different times.

What if it is the stabs on the head and neck?

That would be consistent with the ME's report that the gunshot occurred when his blood pressure was too low to cause bruising or to fill his sinuses and mouth with blood.

Jodi plans to stabs him rather than shoot him so that he will suffer and she can take pictures for later enjoyment. She brings the gun so she can control TA and get him naked into the shower where he will be easier to stab and easier to clean up, eliminate her DNA on the body, etc. She will also be able to shoot any witness that might appear.

She prefers her left hand even though she said she was ambidextrous. It has been established that she had the camera in the right hand (pupil enlargement done on Travis' right eye by WSr clearly shows her dark figure with the flashbulb at waist level on her right with her standing).

So she opens the door and stabs him with tremendous power on the head and neck. The ME said these wounds were inflicted with great force. This would be consistent with someone standing above him, putting his hands over his head to protect himself.

His hands are still up trying to shield his head, imo, when the body pic is taken of him slumped on the shower. He is not dead and he is not stunned like you would be if you were shot with a gun.

One of my sons received a gunshot wound in the leg in a holdup at the pizza place where he was working. He said it was excruciatingly painful even though it was small caliber- a .22. He began screaming and writhing in pain, went into shock and remembers nothing of what happened after the gunshot.

This also argues towards stabbing coming first. Travis pushes out of the shower and staggers over to the sink to see how much damage he has suffered. There is a deep neck wound sufficient to cause him to expel blood. She thought she left him to die, thinking she stabbed his brain and is horrified to see him up instead of bleeding out in the shower like she planned.

She flies into a rage and stabs him in the back like the psycho-b*ch that she is over and over, screaming "F'king kill you" and "Die, F'ckr, die." He crawls away from her and she chases him down and slits his throat. She rolls him over to drag him back and stabs him in the chest (if she hasn't already). As she is trying to get him into the shower, she sees his eyes and is creeped out. He is looking at her with consciousness. As she said, "I could see he was still there." So she gets the gun and shoots him "out of mercy."

Thanks for taking the time to read my scenario. I would like to know if anyone else thinks this is possible. I am particularly interested in hearing if the micro bruises, the petechiae, have been noticed by any of you medical people.

Very Interesting post!! I noticed the marks on his back too. I think you could be right as to how it happened and what a horribly sad way to die. I would love to see the pupil enhanced photo. Any idea where I can find it?

Except for that courtroom demonstration with JA's arm around Wilmott which was a huge mistake, IMO, in that it showed how much larger JA is than her attorney.

that was interesting. wonder if the guard had his thumb on the stun control for the belt or leg device that ja wears. :floorlaugh:

I think we're all very curious about what Matt may have to say. I'm dying for him to be called!

MM supposedly was online and posting at the jodi innocent site in early January, 2013. That might just be how he got himself out of testifying and why JM keeps ribbing her about "the friend that would never betray you". I think if he was listed as a possible defence witness and then went online to express his views that he could have been by route, eliminated as a witness. Minor?/Other lawyers? Any ideas about this? What I'm trying to say is that he communicated on a public forum when he was not allowed to and thereby was scratched off as a witness and that he did this perhaps intentionally?

moo

I'm thinking there were two Helios. The one that got "stolen" May 17th or 18th and the one that replaced it. The defence either hasn't made it clear because they haven't yet caught up to JA's lies or they're happy to have it remain unclear...JM will most likely clear this up if the jury doesn't ask first.

moo

But only the forensics from one helio phone have been admitted - Nurmi can't just introduce pics from a second phone with no foundation laid as to who the phone belongs to .... Nurmi specifically refers to hand pics coming from the helio phone discussed in previous testimony.... the previous helio phone testimony regarded the phone sex tape, and the subsequent misplacement of the phone ....

I totally understand what you're saying - the defense is making a huge contradication .... but it is what it is.

OK Wait just a durned minute. This is even BETTER!!
The May recording was on the Helio - correct?
The very first phone is drowned in hot chocolate and a gonner - correct?
The THIRD phone had to be the one with the "more sex recordings on it" which would have HAD to be recorded AFTER the one played during the trial - right?
Are ya following me?
So, she is testifying that there were phone sex recordings on her #3 phone which she got AFTER loosing the Helio - right?
Someone please tell me I got this right!!

That's what I understood and questioned it a few days ago. She drowned one phone in hot chocolate while moving back to California. Uncle Gus gave her a new one, and she was able to record the phone sex on May10th. She lost that phone. She also took a photo of the right finger, scraped on metal while re-arranging margarita glasses on May 30. Nurmi asked her specifically if she took the finger photo on the Helio, she said yes. So I guess we are to presume she replaced the "lost" phone with another Helio and also recorded more sex. I don't know why we have the finger photo but no evidence of sex. :waitasec:

JM has to call him, right? I am extremely interested in this guy's testimony. Will he stick with JA's story? Stay tuned:seeya:
Given that he seems to have gone on the internet and expressed his views just as the trial got started, I think he can no longer be called on or relied on as a witness for either side. He has nothing to tell because he can't...And he was the one she was relying on...

moo

This entire matter with the hair color, in my opinion, is a matter of perspective. I don't believe her hair was that atrocious platinum blonde when she rented the car, however, her CDL photo may have been. Her hair color may have been something like it was when she was booked into jail, or perhaps a little lighter, or had blonde streaks in it. When she arrived in Utah, it may have been darker than it was the last time she saw Ryan. In other words, there are varying shades of blonde, brown and what one would consider brunette. I doubt it was as dark as it is now since this is now her natural color.

In the police report though, someone said that her hair was different than it's usual color when she arrived to Utah, which in hindsight was suspect to the interviewee (I think her name was Clancy). I apologize... I can't find the link.

Is it possible to do a "Save As" and then select HTML as the format? That would turn it into a webpage.

I know of Excel, but not how to work it. :confused:

getReal
postcrastinator Join Date: Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quester
Yes - but I'm struggling with posting it here as I have it in an Excel spreadsheet and that is not a compatible format to upload into posts here. So I copy it to a jpeg and upload but then it's too small to read. Working on solution.

Any suggestions? TIA

Is it possible to do a "Save As" and then select HTML as the format? That would turn it into a webpage.

I know of Excel, but not how to work it.

Try: Copy and paste into a word doc. Touch up if needed.
Then copy and paste here.

But only the forensics from one helio phone have been admitted - Nurmi can't just introduce pics from a second phone with no foundation laid as to who the phone belongs to .... Nurmi specifically refers to hand pics coming from the helio phone discussed in previous testimony.... the previous helio phone testimony regarded the phone sex tape, and the subsequent misplacement of the phone ....

I totally understand what you're saying - the defense is making a huge contradication .... but it is what it is.

ok. If this is so, then her own lawyer helped her to perjure herself.

Is that possible?

Jodi clearly tells Flores at minute-mark 1.52.30:
"He was looking at some pictures I had brought for him"

....which means, she took photos all the way from California in anticipation of seeing Travis! If that's not premeditation then I don't know what more the State needs!
Anyone agree?

http://youtu.be/Y-oIDEfAjSI?t=1h52m28s

Nah, the phone call doesn't prove anything bad about Travis. She only made it to screw with him and his other girlfriends. Defense is using it because they're desperate and got nothing else.

I agree. I also think he said the things he did to impress her, she was into those things not him. IMO I do believe the Cinnabon story as well as the candles, rose petals and bathtub set up. He seems to be more into the romance. She's the one IMO that liked it on the kinkier side and he was trying to please her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the police report though, someone said that her hair was different than it's usual color when she arrived to Utah, which in hindsight was suspect to the interviewee (I think her name was Clancy). I apologize... I can't find the link.
That's right - Leslie should have noticed too!!

On another note, NG's weekly trial recap is being shown on HLN now. JA is asked something about the gas transactions and she gives an answer that she had replaced the nozzle to the pump and therefore ended one transaction.....and had to start over? Is that really how she explains the multiple transactions???

:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members