Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to the interview arron Dewey did with 48 hrs. (Travis friend x roommate)
They also played a sniplet of JA 48 hour interview!
She said she knew if she was convicted! She would not be the first innocent person wrongly convicted.
She also said if she was found guilty she does not want to spend the rest of her life in prison shed rather have the death penalty.

Hello jury. Can you hear that!
Wish juan could play that in court at the end.

MM supposedly was online and posting at the jodi innocent site in early January, 2013. That might just be how he got himself out of testifying and why JM keeps ribbing her about "the friend that would never betray you". I think if he was listed as a possible defence witness and then went online to express his views that he could have been by route, eliminated as a witness. Minor?/Other lawyers? Any ideas about this? What I'm trying to say is that he communicated on a public forum when he was not allowed to and thereby was scratched off as a witness and that he did this perhaps intentionally?

moo

His testimony for Jodi is useless at this point because he posted that he would lie for Jodi. From Juan's questions, it also seems like he may have told an investigator that he was asked to lie for her and/or that he did not see a damaged finger or bruises on her neck and didn't know anything about Travis' pedo problem that Jodi supposedly told him about - at least Juan has made that implication.

I don't think Jodi can really call him now without his testimony being completely impeached by saying that he would lie for her. I don't think the state will call him, but I think Juan is trying to plant the notion in the mind of the defense that if they call him he's not going to be the loyal witness they thought he would be.

I'm not sure anyone will bother with Matt..he;s been kind of tainted and has no cred for DT and wld be prob hostile for PT..but I would loooove to see Juan have him on...

Oh, I'm not sure I agree. I think the jury will want to hear about Matt. Just like we do!

moo

The part I hate the most about a Murder especially and one of this magnitude (high profile) and maybe Murder in general?

You just know her friends are either afraid to tell all they know, or they intentionally are hiding things they know.

I always hate the "aftermath" when we might even find out she has done terrible things that they didn't allow in. But we would all find them relevant. The law is strict on what we can actually know about her. Him however, dead and buried, its fine to say literally whatever she wants and he can't defend himself. That seems to be a free for all and tips the scales of what I think is fair.. Because now on day 145 of her time on the stand she is just making stuff up. Adding details like holsters. This week a Pony appears.. Yes, she had one, now she doesn't.

And then her family had the unfortunate job of either hiding evidence or turning in what they have or know. I would never accuse a family of anything, but the instinct to survive sometimes extends to your children when they are in trouble.. That goes for grandpa and grandma.

Do they know more than they have told us? Subsequent to the staged burglary did they confront Jodi about taking the gun and now they have to live with that. Did they deny having any spent shell casings from that 25 caliber which would tie her grandpa's gun forensically to the crime?

Someone will crack, at some point, they always do? Little brother? sister?

i also thought there is a lot more than we have heard. i am looking forward to the book based on this case in hopes that by then more will be revealed. :moo:

getReal
postcrastinator Join Date: Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quester
Yes - but I'm struggling with posting it here as I have it in an Excel spreadsheet and that is not a compatible format to upload into posts here. So I copy it to a jpeg and upload but then it's too small to read. Working on solution.

Any suggestions? TIA

Is it possible to do a "Save As" and then select HTML as the format? That would turn it into a webpage.

I know of Excel, but not how to work it.

Try: Copy and paste into a word doc. Touch up if needed.
Then copy and paste here.

can you upload it under your "User CP page" in "albums" and then copy the link?

I have done that for photos just in order to have a "url" to link to them...

Re: that Vegas trip....I think your parents should have got the wooden spoon after you!!! :floorlaugh:

We (my sibs and I) did the same thing with Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk......and told my mom we were sunburned from P.E. class! did she believe us? Probably not!

Is it possible to do a "Save As" and then select HTML as the format? That would turn it into a webpage.

I know of Excel, but not how to work it. :confused:

This is the list of acceptable file formats that can be uploaded into a post,
HTML no being one of them, nor Excel:
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpeg jpg pdf png pps txt
I'll fiddle with finding a workable solution soon.

Given that he seems to have gone on the internet and expressed his views just as the trial got started, I think he can no longer be called on or relied on as a witness for either side. He has nothing to tell because he can't...And he was the one she was relying on...

moo

From Court minutes:
01-28-13 Evidentiary Hearing: Defense exibits: #1, #2 & #3
Gus Searcy is sworn in.
Exibit #1 received into evidence for purpose of hearing only and shall be under seal. Exibits #2 & #3 received into evidence.

01-31-13 FURTHER ORDERED; the portion of the evidentiary hearing with Gus Searcy shall be sealed not to be transcribed without prior order of the court.

Both Gus & Matt and Exibit #1 seem to be KEY sources of info.
Victoria Washington, who Willmott replaced on Dec 22, 2011 withdrew because she had previously represented Matt.
On Aug 8, 2011 An entire hearing was sealed regarding the letters & Matt. JM & all witnesses were ordered to leave.

Not sure if they can call Gus back but that which is sealed (above), could possibly be entered into evidence WITH prior order of the court.

I recon it depends on JODI's mood & testimony Monday as to whether this will happen.

ja must lay in her cell and think up answers to counter what happened in court that day. do you think nurmi know ja was going to say ta proposed over the phone? :banghead:

Part of me hopes he's as SHOCKED as we are when something like that comes out of her mouth... :dance:

If they had depositioned him first and placed him on the witness list, then he would have had the admonition not to talk to the media. He clearly didn't and I am wondering why? Also, Dave Hall may be called as a witness and he had already talked to the media and been in the court room. So, again, why won't he be called???

Just putting him on a witness list is not going to trigger him getting admonitions about not watching the trial and staying away from media coverage. Only if he was subpoenaed would he be given the admonitions.

So, my guess is that he was never subpoenaed, so he was never given admonitions.

Oh, I'm not sure I agree. I think the jury will want to hear about Matt. Just like we do!

moo

I agree with this.

McClowntney shouldn't be able to plead the 5th now, considering how much babbling he did in the past. He wants to align himself with and lie for a murderer, make him own it. Let him man up and face the jury. :twocents:

Yes but previously, when answering JM's questions, she stated the the Helio phone that was used to record the sex tape on May 10th had been "stolen"/lost on May 17th or 18th. So how could she have been using the very same phone on May 31rst to photograph her mangled finger?

The contradiction comes in on WHEN it was reported lost.

So...it seems she said to JM...about a week after. She told the jurors that she reported it stolen in May. So, is it 1 week? or 3 weeks? Was it really June? Or is there a third phone?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

In the police report though, someone said that her hair was different than it's usual color when she arrived to Utah, which in hindsight was suspect to the interviewee (I think her name was Clancy). I apologize... I can't find the link.

Her hair color was no longer blonde on the day of the killing... the naked photo of her just prior to the killing shows it is brunette. She would have dyed her hair as part of her disguise so that when she arrived and left Travis's home that night no one would recognize it was her if anyone saw her. She also would likely have dyed it shortly before she left to make the trip since she would not have wanted to have been seen with it dyed dark by anyone she knew in case she was seen arriving at his house or leaving it otherwise it wouldn't have worked as a disguise.

I cringe to imagine how Nurmi would cross examine the plaintiff in a sex assault case, especially a child. It would be like getting assaulted in slow motion, in public. I just threw up in my mouth typing this.

I agree with you 1000%. Sickening.

I would like to see the investigative notes of the total conversation with Jodi's mom.... Wonder if her mom was told that the ninjas were after Jodi,..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd love to see that report, and what the surveillance team found out while they were watching her.
Could be more x-rated stuff we're all tired of hearing about though. I wish they'd bugged the car she and her mom were in - that'd be a real doozie.

In the police report though, someone said that her hair was different than it's usual color when she arrived to Utah, which in hindsight was suspect to the interviewee (I think her name was Clancy). I apologize... I can't find the link.

I just got done re-watching some of the testimony and the man from Budget Rental in Redding California said Jodi came in that morning with blond hair.

JM-- "Do you remember her hair color back then?"
Budget man--- "It was blond"

@19.30
http://youtu.be/bP56WtOXFZk?t=19m30s

So between June 2 and June 4th Jodi dyed her hair!!!

Was he really asked anything specific about the remote? I don't remember that being asked. I do remember Jodi being asked and saying the remote was in her car but she didn't know how it came to be in her car :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

BBM - Yes

6/3; ~10am Pacific Grove CA JA returned back to DarrylB's house; according to DB, JA gave DB "a remote control"; JA said she does not remember

I'd like to hear from Darryl what color Jodi's hair was when she arrived and when she returned the remote. I'm not confident that Darryl would remember correctly though.

I think we're all very curious about what Matt may have to say. I'm dying for him to be called!

No one is calling Matt. He's a wild card. No one knows for sure what he'd say on the stand.

Juan did a magnificent job of making sure Jodi talked a lot about Matt. His once willingness to lie for her, his part in receiving those coded magazines... Jodi was more than happy to do her share to talk up Matt ... Wouldn't betray her.

Nurmi ain't calling Matt to the stand and Juan can tell the jurors in closing argument that the defense didn't call him!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member