Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurmi wanted to withdraw only because he had quit as a public defender and gone into private practice. The judge ruled he could not withdraw becaue of the case being so soon on the docket - there was no time for new counsel to be brought in. For a brief period though, Jodi wanted to represent herself and two other attorneys were assigned to assist her though she would be considered as lead counsel. I can't really recall how all this worked out with Nurmi back on the case, but it was not JA's doing to try to get rid of him, nor did he want to withdraw because she was a loser client - it all came down to money (private practice pays WAY better).

There's a post with a link about two or three threads back to I think it was someone's twitter page that listed all this and the dates each decision about it occurred and Nurmi's pay scale agreed upon, etc.

It would have been a riot to see her being her own attorney though.

Her decision to act as her own attorney coincided with the forged pedo letters popping up. That tells me that her counsel at the time knew they were faked and refused to try to get them admitted. When JA tried to get them in and failed, she immediately requested that her attorneys be reinstated.

does any one believe ta lent ja money to move to mesa as she claims?

Thus far, her lies -- and they are too numerous to list -- are all calculated to help herself.

Given this reality, Juan Martinez has consistently implied that the jury must apply the Arias Truth Axiom in this case.

I.e., if she avers to benefit herself (knowingly), then the opposite is true.

I asked this question on another thread, but it didn't receive any replies so I thought I would try here.

Does anyone recall this past week JA making a short quick comment about TA's gun being a secret and then her mentioning something about TA's grandfather, but before she could say any more she was cut off by an objection, sidebar or something?
I can't recall exactly how it went, but it was never brought up again and I haven't heard any mention of it.
It was never mentioned again and I haven't heard any talk about it.
Did anyone else happen to catch this?

YouTube: 1:06:20

[video=youtube;PlreeZz9fvo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlreeZz9fvo[/video]

YouTube: 12 seconds into this clip.

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 29 - Part 3 - YouTube

I've said that before!! Also can you see Travis going in to a fabric store to buy it?

Might have been interesting to hear her answer to a juror's question to describe the rope in more detail. She should not have been under the 'fog' when she said the rope was being used.

Hi everyone! Thanks to the great folks behind the scenes here, I was finally able to register after a couple of years lurking.

This is a great bunch of smart and funny people. I don't know if I'll be able to contribute much beyond what you all have already posted, but I may have a question/thought or two along the way.

Jodi Arias makes my blood boil, by the way...

Welcome VV

I don't even know how many time I have started a post only to read what I type (feel) and delete for fear of a time out:jail:

o/t I loved Ethel

Did we ever reach a consensus on what the tassel thingys were that were laying all over the bedroom floor?

I trust JM on this.
It was the little decorative ropes on the pillows in her room.

The roommates are just so disappointing. The ring and watch there for all to see, car in garage, strange smell by the weekend...

I imagine Jodi was losing her mind when she had not heard anything by Thursday night.

Seriously, I am curious if she thought he'd be found immediately, when she was in Utah, or certainly by the time she was en route back to Yreka......or did she know they wouldn't notice anything for days? Once he was discovered, all eyes quickly focused on her even before forensics proved she was there.

MOO

does any one believe ta lent ja money to move to mesa as she claims?

NOT FOR ONE MINUTE do I believe that. She is trying to make the jury think that he was excited that she moved to Mesa after they broke up. Bullchit... Travis isn't here to call her on that so she can make up anything she wants. PURE EVIL :devil:
Not only did she kill him, now she is going after his reputation.

She lied about the rope because if she didn't, that means he knew she was coming.. which I do not believe.

She would have a wait (10 days on average) However my guess is it will be unregistered? I would venture to guess one of her bar friends gave it to her, or Matt? Or a dishwasher from work?

was that the same gun found hidden in the rental car?

Lol poor roommates.
I don't wash my clothes every week either. :floorlaugh:

No disrespect meant to roomates ,but walking arround a ever increasing foul smelling house ,and a dog with an owner who is "out of town " and a load of wet laundry in the washer... Did the dog get fed? The knife was in the dishwasher. Clean ..

I just picture the roomates as being kinda out of touch with everything. It is kinda stunning to think about.

Exactly. HER grandfather. That probably gave her the idea for the TA grandfather tale. :D

She is a terrible liar ... she slips so much it is amazing. Everyone can see straight through her, AND she gives up extra information which is the truth by mistake once you learn how to read her.

Day 7 of the trial is stunning. The way Jodi changes her story and the way she talks when talking to detective Flores. At first she has this weird voice like she's telling a fairytale then she remember she's supposed to be scared and sad so she makes her voice all weepy then she talks flirty.

It's very weird.

there are so many details in this case!!!! did she move to mesa right after they broke up? how long did she actually live near him? i know when she moved back to grammy's place....i just don't know this part.

She moved to Mesa right after they broke up. During her interrogation she told Flores that she moved to Mesa because of TA but also said he freaked out.
At one point she has said that TA encouraged her to move there and wanted her to. She said her move there was already scheduled but then went on about how she scrambled to find housing. If I'm correct (I may be wrong) she moved two or three times during her time in Mesa. Each time moving closer to him.

I knew I was obsessed with this trial when I took a xanax half an hour before the jury questions started. The last time I took one was well over a month ago.
Good for you with the smoking:great::great::great: as a smoker myself I know how hard it is.

lol--not smoking hasn't been tough--keeping up with this thread is TOUGH! i read fast but giving THANKS that don't "take" & having to hit refresh a dozen times/per/page sl..o...w...s........m..e......down to Nurmi speed!--now Nurmi is better than a xanax for sleep. I can relax when he speaks, knowing nothing important is going to happen:floorlaugh:

She would have a wait (10 days on average) However my guess is it will be unregistered? I would venture to guess one of her bar friends gave it to her, or Matt? Or a dishwasher from work?

The cops have her 9mm don't they? Can they trace it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990