Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That, and the fact that DB had no money. She never loved DB....he was her security blanket until he ran out of money and the house went into foreclosure.

When she met Travis, it was like winning the mega-bucks lottery! She had never known anyone of substance before Travis - she had dollar signs in her eyes. The house, the BMW, the super-salesman at PPL, the social life, friends, family....everything Jodi had never seen before. She was only used to dating her peers at the diners where she worked.

Travis died because Jodi couldn't have him and his lifestyle. His only 'crime' was being successful. He paid for it with his life, ironically.

My thoughts exactly!! Only my thoughts because I am not as blessed as you are with the written word.

She bought it legally. Background check and everything.

Wow!! Oh right I keep forgetting- Jodi has never seen anyone about her mental condition because she doesn't think she has one.

Some posters have indicated that they believe the gun was first because they can't imagine Travis complying with Jodi in regards to sitting in the shower if it were a knife. Couldn't she be brandishing the gun and pointing it at him to make him listen to her demands and then when he is near defenseless sitting in the shower pull out the knife and start attacking him?

We've heard it mentioned that with caliber of bullet it is plausible he wasn't incapacitated completely. I've read a poster mention a situation where a family member accidentally shot themselves in a similar fashion and remained conscious and coherent for sometime.

So I suppose it is possible for someone to have that injury and still be able to move about under certain circumstances, but in this circumstance you have to disregard the ME report regarding lack of blood in the brain as well as the shell casing. Is there anything that can explain those to points away? JA seemed to want to imply during the ensuing struggle it may have been kicked there, but the lack of blood on the shell seems to indicate otherwise.

Originally Posted by InTheGarden View Post
Most people are focusing on the trip to Cancun as the trigger for setting JA off. I believe it was the messages from TA on 5/26 stating that she was evil and the worst thing that ever happened to him that doomed him. Whatever she did to provoke these 5/26 messages is the key to the reason behind this murder. JA was in fear of being exposed for whatever she had done.

I totally agree, and I believe some other person out there knows something about it-TA referenced a betrayal etc..another person must be involved somehow.I pray JM has this answer. But..in reality it isn't the state's obligation to prove a motive so maybe JM's team isn't investigating that.

I think the first thing the jury is going to do when they get to deliberations is ask two questions of every piece of testimony they have:

Did this story originate from Jodi Arias? Does it serve her?

If they answer yes to both those questions, that testimony will be thrown into the 'BS' basket and will effectively be deemed inadmissible. Then they will look at the rest of the trail. They will listen to the ME, and will look at what actually happened on her trip - ie: she drove straight to Mesa, only stopping at 'ex's' to pick up gas cans and money to get there, then she went completely off the grid until she got out of AZ, where she reappeared with one licence plate on (but upside down), and one not even on the car.

While in AZ she didn't stop at a gas station, her phone was turned off, and the plates on her car were interfered with. She also killed Travis.

That's so clear for them IMO.

All the talk about the gas cans and the faked burglary all point to premed to me, but if that's not enough for the jury, the shower should be. She made statements herself that Travis really didn't want to do it and she had to persuade him into it. IMO, there's only one reason to get him in that shower, nude; put him in a vulnerable position so she could murder him. That was her intent in getting to take the pics and therefore is premeditated. No one will ever convince me that she was getting ready to leave and Travis suddenly said, "oh, hey, let's take some naked pics of me while I'm in the shower because I'm so proud of my body". I don't need the thousand(s) mile trip to convince me she's a cold, calculated murderer. Although, I think it was a planned out mission from start to finish.

I agree. The idea of him not knowing makes zero sense. As to why otherwise sensible people continue to indulge this notion, I think the answer is it titillates them. There is something so diabolical about the thought of her sneaking in and stalking him with the camera, or holding him at gun point and demanding he pose. It is so intoxicating to think about that they are kind of willing it to be true for the titillation factor.

Hi Schuby,

I admit I am one of those who could believe TA had no idea she was there in the bathroom. I say this because Why would he put up with JA for some 13 hours that day.
> She supposedly arrived at 4:30 am--Surprise?
>They did not have sex until hours later (hard to believe with 2 sex crazed rabbits)
> Then she is ready to leave around 3PM-but stops in the office to return CD's where they again have sex
>Then they move into the bedroom for more sex and videos?
>Then he accommodates her wishes to take "Calvin Klein"- like pictures of him in the shower--Did they even remotely remind you of CK??

All this time is being given to someone he has just called a sociopath.

We only have her to believe, and that's not working for me. For all we know she could have left and came back in while he was in the shower, and used a Zoom lens. All she wanted was to get him in a vulnerable position. He had to take a shower at some point.

The picture of his face with the flash could
have been when he first sees her and is told to sit on the floor. Let's face it that was not a Calvin Klein pose.

Is that believable?

Did I miss it or did the jurors drop the ball on the magazine testimony?

No questions were read regarding magazine issue, could be that Judge chose not to read these ones. Then again, could be that the magazine, "messaging out" testimony was so clear or evident they did not have ?'s to ask. I would have asked her what she was doing with regard to that. Perhaps this is the question the judge did not allow due to atty. / client privelege.

Re-watching day 10...

If JA is crowned most awful witness ever, surely Gus wins runner-up. Combative, snarky, non-responsive. No clue what the point of him being called to testify?

Like hugging a cactus. :banghead:

That freaks me out! She must have had murder on her mind! You'd think that Travis' murder would have traumatized her but it didn't. I forget she's a psychopath. Once creatures like her get a taste of blood they want more and more.

Remember Scott Peterson had ropes, knives and a recently printed out map to Amber Frey's workplace when he was arrested? Who knows what was on his mind.

These psychopaths are like Bengal Tigers.They have to be put to death as soon as get a taste of human blood. If not they will kill again and again....
I have more sympathy for the tigers. At least they kill to eat. They advertise themselves as predators, and don't pretend to be your best friend to lull you into submission.

I gotta tell ya, being FORCED outside for even 15 minutes here in AZ between June and October is not a pleasant experience. It can be as hot as 124 degrees. Experienced hikers have to be rescued from the trails here constantly because they underestimate the effects of this heat.

I am originally from southern Oregon, and although I've lived through 5 summers here, I am STILL not acclimated. I call all but about 3 months of the year my "great laying in" period.
I've been to Phoenix in 120 degree heat! I had my radiator blow up and my tires blow out in the same trip. Every 30 miles something was going wrong with my car.

Posts like this make me wish we had an 'LOL' button along with the 'Thanks'. :giggle:

I'm a great advocate of the fine art of typing things out unless they are well-established abbreviations or acronyms such as the FBI.

As a newb here, I still have to stop and pause when I see someone write:

"IMO JA is just like KC but KT is no JB, but regardless of the DT they should have both gotten the DP, if only JM tried both cases, he would have won over either PD, MOO, and I wish JVM would replace NG on HLN because I'm tired of hearing about MM and RB, and IDK about DB, but I think he's an AATF."

JM2C, UC

That is SO FUNNY! I feel ya here...We need an acronym dictionary if there isn't already one someplace. It takes me so long to read a post. I finally figured out what MOO means just yesterday.

I agree. The idea of him not knowing makes zero sense. As to why otherwise sensible people continue to indulge this notion, I think the answer is it titillates them. There is something so diabolical about the thought of her sneaking in and stalking him with the camera, or holding him at gun point and demanding he pose. It is so intoxicating to think about that they are kind of willing it to be true for the titillation factor.

I am one of those people with a differing opinion; however, I am open to change and have changed my mind several times on several issues by reading posts by other websleuths.

The suggestion that one scenario is being chosen over another "for the titillation factor" is offensive. We are brainstorming here with thousands of participants. Hopefully the combined imagination and willingness to think outside of the box offers possibilities to investigators and other websleuths that they otherwise wouldn't think of.

This is what gives me and other victim's families the feeling that something good comes from involvement in finding the missing and trying to help solve murders--promoting justice where we ourselves may not have received it.

I am not here for the "titillation" because I think the photos were taken without Travis' knowledge, or if I believed the sex scenes were staged, or if I believe the shot was first or last, or any other aspect of this brutal murder. Nor do I believe other posters are. Your criticism mights make someone hesitate to post a differing idea for fear of being attacked.

<modsnip>

Did I miss it or did the jurors drop the ball on the magazine testimony?

We'll never know because the lawyers & the judge eliminated some of the juror questions. We don't know what those questions are or what the objections are, for the most part. We heard some of the objections, but iirc if both sides agreed to eliminate a question, it was eliminated.

...The crossed leg position was taken after she killed him and stuffed him back into the shower.

Can't be, he had stab wounds to that side of his chest that would be visible in the photo. Also, he was found positioned 180 degrees from that position. Also, it would mean by the time stamps that the entire murder and placing him back in the shower would have taken only 40 seconds. Plus, the accidental pictures of her dragging him were taken after that picture.

You have me rolling on the floor! I understand! Even though I am an old dog.

IMO - IN MY OPINION
KC - Casey Anthony from the Florida trial. Mother of Caylee. Often abbreviated FCA ... folks on the thread will say it means felon, but we all know what the letter means .
KT that maybe a typo for the nurmi name? current defense attorney
JM is Juan ...wonderful prosecuting attorney!
PD- there are 2 Public Defenders now. Wilmont and Nurmi
Moo- my own opinion
JVM - Jane Velez Mitchell on HLN station at 7 p.m. every night
NG - Nancy Grace, known as the entertainment lady by Jose Baez! Who has a show on HLN Monday through Thursday and also Friday now on the channel HLN.
Matthew McCartney - old boyfriend from way back of hers that we think that he did the letters stating that Travis was a pedophille, and his own handwriting, which was thrown out of court 2 years ago. the prosecutor has been referring to him often. And there is more to the story on him we all think.
RB - this is Ryan burns and this is who she visited in Salt Lake City area right after she killed Travis.
IDK is a common and frequently used here, to mean I do not know
DB IS THE OLD FRIEND BOYFRIEND DARRELL. THE 1 WHO HAS THE Son AND WE ONLY SAW THE HANDS ON THE TELEVISION. Darrell is the 1 that she visited and is the issue with the remote. And lots of other stuff too.

HTH!!! that means hope this helps!

...and AATF?? IDK WTH AATF means! Anyone? TIA!

Hi Schuby,

I admit I am one of those who could believe TA had no idea she was there in the bathroom. I say this because Why would he put up with JA for some 13 hours that day.
> She supposedly arrived at 4:30 am--Surprise?
>They did not have sex until hours later (hard to believe with 2 sex crazed rabbits)
> Then she is ready to leave around 3PM-but stops in the office to return CD's where they again have sex
>Then they move into the bedroom for more sex and videos?
>Then he accommodates her wishes to take "Calvin Klein"- like pictures of him in the shower--Did they even remotely remind you of CK??

All this time is being given to someone he has just called a sociopath.

We only have her to believe, and that's not working for me. For all we know she could have left and came back in while he was in the shower, and used a Zoom lens. All she wanted was to get him in a vulnerable position. He had to take a shower at some point.

The picture of his face with the flash could
have been when he first sees her and is told to sit on the floor. Let's face it that was not a Calvin Klein pose.

Is that believable?

No, because he is clearly posing in all the photos. He's not shampooing his hair while singing rub a dub dub!
Plus the shower door is obviously open.

I didn't see all of the CSE person's testimony (Heather Conner). But based upon the crime scene photos that are out there, I don't recall seeing any photos os the ceiling or upper walls. Does anyone know if any were taken? With the furious stabbing she must have done, I would think there would be castoff which could tell us where he was stabbed.

I'm surprised we didn't hear from a blood spatter expert from the prosecution...unless I missed him/her. I wonder if we'll see one from the defense or if we'll see any forensic experts from them.

Absolutely, Isabelle! Every time she must put her "ending" on whatever she is asked.... Even on a simple question JM fires at her, something like, "Did you have breakfast this morning, Ms. Arias?" And she will answer, but only in her own way: "Ummmmm, I only had a ..." JM: "Yes or no, Ms. Arias." JA: "Yes, somewhat."

She can't just simply answer the question. I think part of it is that she is trying to pizz him off, and she is also showing that she "won" that parlay as well. Just her little imprint of her disrespect for him in front of the whole courtroom and TV-land. She can't just not do it. Ever.

What is it in her that makes her do this??

Yeah and on the day of execution! She gets the last word too if she chooses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member