Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impersonating a human being? :D

I'm really waiting to see how someone who shoots someone in the head, stabs them 29 times and slices someones throat is overcharged. I really worry for anyone who can look at these FACTS and utter something like that. Tonight has been an anomaly on this board. Maybe she should be charged with nothing because that makes sense :waitasec:

If they don't get her on premeditation, they'll get her for felony murder. I'll eat my boots if she gets anything less than 1st degree.

JA made this into a circus with her own grandstanding on 48 hours, Inside Edition and all her other interviews. Who does that? Oh wait, Scott Peterson did, and where is he now?

How does thaaat maaake you feeeeel now Jodi?

I don't feel she is overcharged at all. She butchered a man, no excuses.

Nurmi is extremely slow to the punch. What else would the defense have? Not a George did it...gah.

If it's Jodi, you are out of luck. You can see when she knows she's been found out. That look on Thursday with Juan and the gas cans was priceless. He has reached her core. I saw fear for a moment & defeat. At least briefly.

Well I'm going to bed, goodnight folks. I can't wait to read the opinion why this case is overcharged and all the people involved are disappointing....

It's just gonna have to wait till morning..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
<modsnip> It's sad. He is doing his job, for the victim. He is seeking justice for Travis. According to reports, the Alexander family is very happy with him.

I pray for justice. JA should never, ever, have contact with anyone other than LE. This is not about Juan Martinez, this is about a murdered man. Travis and his family deserve justice.

Do you think this jury is assessing Juan? Or the defendant?

I think Juan and the jurors are on the same page. Many of their questions reflect HIS style in both tone and sarcasm.

I hope to goodness the jury will not determine guilt/innocence based on which lawyer they like better. I think they are paying very close attention to the evidence. It may be that some jurors don't like Juan's style, or think he's unnecessarily aggressive, but they're not going to find a murderer not guilty because they don't like they prosecutor.

This is where the expert testimony will come in, imo.

You think there will be expert testimony to explain why Travis continued to have sex with her when he thought she was a stalker or psycho? Or did I misunderstand your comment?

In my dream, Jodi would end this all with yes I planned to kill TA because I was so angry, hurt & hopeless etc... Throw her mercy on the court. It's either DP or LWOP. She'd have a better chance at LWOP.

Nah, ain't gonna happen. She's rolling the dice till the end. dang.

What more needs to come? She’s guilty. She admits she killed him and by killed him I mean she admits she over killed him. And I believe she should be sentenced accordingly but to make a grandstand death penalty case out of this obsessive woman scorned case just turned the whole thing into a giant circus.

she has never admitted she is guilty - she said she was in fear for her life and is innocent because of self defense, she has never confessed anything until she was up on the stand, (not to the LE or the states atty) - and all we got was amnesia, but she has never confessed to a crime or overkill - imo

In my dream, Jodi would end this all with yes I planned to kill TA because I was so angry, hurt & hopeless etc... Throw her mercy on the court. It's either DP or LWOP. She'd have a better chance at LWOP.

Nah, ain't gonna happen. She's rolling the dice till the end. dang.

I agree, it would have been her best bet 'I loved him, he rejected me and I lost it' still 1st Degree, but likely LWOP. Too late now that she's called him a pedophile and an abuser however. Waaaaay too late.

Such a horrible defence. Mistake.

OT: Katiecoolady was incredibly gracious in her interview tonight. She spoke for all of us that are "survivors" of crime, murder, abuse and pain. In trying to make sense of all the pain, we try to inspire change whether personally or through the channels of justice. We try to make a difference, And we try to make sense out of the most horrific of crimes, in our "effort to not just sit there and do nothing". She actually gave my pain "words" and I realized we don't have to be alone in this. In a way, this is a fabulous group of people, a community, striving to make the lives of others better, if not more tolerable. Thank you...

I'm copying this for myself and to read to my Dad. Thank you so much Zuri..this means so much to me. Xo

I honestly believe the jurors are living vicariously through Juan. Their questions show me they enjoy watching her grilled and enjoy grilling her themselves.

I definitely feel that in the courtroom and when I watched the jury last Thursday it was my impression they were feeling that too.

JA made this into a circus with her own grandstanding on 48 hours, Inside Edition and all her other interviews. Who does that? Oh wait, Scott Peterson did, and where is he now?

How does thaaat maaake you feeeeel now Jodi?

I don't feel she is overcharged at all. She butchered a man, no excuses.

She is the reason the death penalty was established.

No juror is going to think JM is overly aggressive if they believe that JA is guilty. How can there ever be such a thing as too aggressive when it comes to exposing a murderer? It makes no sense for JM to treat JA with kid's gloves when he's trying to convince the jury to sentence her to death!

As to JA being not guilty, overcharged, it being a crime of passion, manslaughter..what have you..all I can say is don't listen to stuff like that. This isn't a case where a debate is necessary. The evidence is there to see. Save your sanity and keep your eyes on the truth! I'm only concerned about JM's case and the verdict.

No juror is going to think JM is overly aggressive if they believe that JA is guilty. How can there ever be such a thing as too aggressive when it comes to exposing a murderer? It makes no sense for JM to treat JA with kid's gloves when he's trying to convince the jury to sentence her to death!

As to JA being not guilty, overcharged, it being a crime of passion, manslaughter..what have you..all I can say is don't listen to stuff like that. This isn't a case where a debate is necessary. The evidence is there to see. Save your sanity and keep your eyes on the truth! I'm only concerned about JM's case and the verdict.

And now she's lied straight to their faces.

I wish a juror question would come in saying "do you still think no jury will convict you?" ;)

BBM Your question is a good question. I wonder if she was thinking of returning to AZ or what was going through her mind. It could have been to save money on gas, I suppose. It just seems an inconvenience and danger at that point to fill the gas cans with more gas she'd have to struggle to put in her tank. Not sure I understand why she did refill the gas tanks to head home from Utah.

Here's my take: She filled up the three gas cans in SLC (and used her credit card, leaving a paper trail) because she had planned a COVER STORY for having the cans -- in case she were to be pulled over.

I think she knew she would be an immediate person of interest. That's why she knew she could leave no trace in AZ. She didn't know when Travis would be found. I think she thought it might be while she was in Utah. If anyone questioned her on the cans, she would have the story that she wanted to fill up on cheaper gas. (Gas was at all-time highs in the summer of 2008, so this story would make sense). That's why she paid with her credit card in Salt Lake City. She wasn't trying to avoid detection. She was fulfilling her cover story if/when asked about the gas cans.

The problem for Jodi (as has been the case throughout) she left damning evidence that messed up her original cover story. For some inexplicable reason she held on to the Pasadena gas receipts, showing her cash transactions filling up what appears to be three gas cans. (Or at least 12 extra gallons). This showed she bought gas in a very expensive place.

She then had to CHANGE her COVER STORY to: "I was worried about running out of gas in the desert."

So the first cover story was just part of her plot to avoid being a suspect. The second cover story was part of her plot to avoid being convicted. Two cover stories, neither of which was true.

The jurors asking questions gives attorneys a sense of what they need to focus on.

I think JM is inspired knowing the point has most probably been made.

I don't believe for a single second Nurmi believes anything but that he is tryingt to save JA from the DP. If she gets LWOP, he will have done everything possible for his client.

Question.... even if Jodi miraculously gets less than LWOP, are there other charges she faces which can add years to her sentence?

BBM Your question is a good question. I wonder if she was thinking of returning to AZ or what was going through her mind. It could have been to save money on gas, I suppose. It just seems an inconvenience and danger at that point to fill the gas cans with more gas she'd have to struggle to put in her tank. Not sure I understand why she did refill the gas tanks to head home from Utah.

Not sure if this has already been answered, but here's my reasoning: She filled up the three gas cans in SLC (and used her credit card, leaving a paper trail) because she had planned a COVER STORY for having the cans -- in case she were to be pulled over in the wake of Travis' murder.

I think she knew she would be an immediate person of interest. His friends all hated her and thought she was a stalker. That's why she knew she could leave no trace in AZ. She didn't know when Travis's body would be found. She thought it might be while she was in Utah. If anyone questioned her on the cans, she would have the story in place that she wanted to fill up on cheaper gas. (Gas was at all-time highs in the summer of 2008, so this story would make sense). That's why she paid with her credit card in Salt Lake City. She wasn't trying to avoid detection. She was fulfilling her cover story if/when asked about the gas cans.

The problem for Jodi (as has been the case throughout) she left damning evidence that messed up her original cover story. For some inexplicable reason she held on to the Pasadena gas receipts, showing her cash transactions filling up what appears to be three gas cans. (Or at least 12 extra gallons). This showed she bought gas in a very expensive place, en route to Mesa.

She then had to CHANGE her COVER STORY to: "I was worried about running out of gas in the desert."

So the first gas can cover story was just part of her pre-planned plot to avoid being a suspect. The second gas can cover story was part of her plot to avoid being convicted. Two cover stories, neither of which was true.

And if those cans had nothing to do with premeditation, why would she need so many conflicting stories about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member