Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JM is not a judge. He's the prosecutor and it is up to him to try her in front of the jury. If he makes her look bad that is because the facts of the case prove she is lying. Prosecute means to indict, accuse, put on trial, impeach. It does not say I'm here to make sure that no one hurts your feelings because you killed someone. JM is doing what he has been hired to do, prosecute her. The judge's duty is to make sure she gets a fair trial. jmo

I get that Juan's style isn't for everyone. However if he gets the job done..who cares? I love watching him....I bet i would hate working for him. I had an absolute jerk of a shark of a divorce lawyer because at the time it was thought my ex would play hardball. I was glad to have him on my side....I woukd have hated to have been against him-and he got the job done. I would LOVE to have Juan to defend me or my loved one. at the end of the day style does not really matter-you want the best going to bat for you though and doing their best.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/03/11/jodi-arias-victim-or-sociopath/

As a psychiatrist, the question I get almost daily is, “so what’s the deal with Jodi”? Is she a battered woman, an obsessive woman, a femme fatal or a sociopath?

Here is the real problem with labeling Arias as a sociopath. This condition starts in the young teen years, if not before. It is a persistent and consistent behavior over the first three to four decades of the individual- some say for a lifetime. No one has come forward with any prior behavioral issues, legal issues, problems with work, family or friends. She was reportedly a very "good girl" in high school and very “normal.” At this time there are no known problems with previous boyfriends.

Jodi Arias, as you can see, fits the sociopath profile in many, many ways, except for the most important criteria. There is no past history. Based on this, unless there is much we do not know she does not technically meet the DSM IV criteria as a sociopath.

bbm

I would be extremely shocked if this was really Travis Alexander. Not one person ever has said he was violent except the lying murderer.

I firmly believe it is NOT Travis.

imo

Plus the DT would have brought it up right away. I'm not worried about it at all. Just desperation on the part of Jodi's supporters, whoever they are. They know things look really, really bad for her, and they're grasping at straws.

This is my thought as well, Ms. Heather.

I think he was going to nail her down and prove that her chain of imaginary friends/acquaintances that gave her info she was using against him, could not be possibly true. This seems to be the last straw for him.

It does seem very puzzling that he would have sex/sex talk with her after this point. She must have done some major apologizing and maybe she did admit she snooped, and he forgave her? IDK.

I do wonder if the final straw for her, was him going to his Bishop and confessing about the sex. I think it was Mormon Attorney who had a great post about how critical a step that would be and the catastrophic impacts it could have, especially for the party who did not 'confess' first.

BBM
I am CONVINCED that there was NO further sex or sex talk between them after this incident. And I am even MORE convinced that he did NOT expect her that day/night (whatever it was). And, also ... just for the record ... I don't believe all of the sexual encounters she speaks of. There may have been some sex ... but I really don't think it was as raunchy or frequent as she would like us to believe. We only have her word ... and we ALL know what that means. I honestly don't think there were sexual encounters that day ... not in the office for sure ... and maybe not even upstairs in the bedroom. She put herself in the office having sex with him because (for some reason) she needed to explain why she cleaned up in the downstairs bathroom ... there must be some kind of evidence coming up that she will need to clarify in that respect. Just wait .... there will be something coming up about that. Maybe that's where she cleaned up after the murder ... I dunno .... I just don't trust anything she says ... she is so manipulative and (premeditated) ... she has thought this all out and keeps dropping little (unnecessary) tidbits along the way. :waitasec:

HLN question: what was the game changing moment in this trial so far?

Beth said Day 8 of Jodi direct when "the fog" set in.

Mike (hln host) said phone sex tape where Jodi seems the aggressor and clearly enjoying it

Dwayne the defense atty says the gas cans, fact she cannot plausibly deny.

I think the gas cans proving premed...she asked for them, there is no record of her being in AZ. Plus the need for her to fill them up again in SLC means she used the gas!
bbm: my opinion is the day she took the stand

BBM
I am CONVINCED that there was NO further sex or sex talk between them after this incident. And I am even MORE convinced that he did NOT expect her that day/night (whatever it was). And, also ... just for the record ... I don't believe all of the sexual encounters she speaks of. There may have been some sex ... but I really don't think it was as raunchy or frequent as she would like us to believe. We only have her word ... and we ALL know what that means. I honestly don't think there were sexual encounters that day ... not in the office for sure ... and maybe not even upstairs in the bedroom. She put herself in the office having sex with him because (for some reason) she needed to explain why she cleaned up in the downstairs bathroom ... there must be some kind of evidence coming up that she will need to clarify in that respect. Just wait .... there will be something coming up about that. Maybe that's where she cleaned up after the murder ... I dunno .... I just don't trust anything she says ... she is so manipulative and (premeditated) ... she has thought this all out and keeps dropping little (unnecessary) tidbits along the way. :waitasec:

ITA
I wondered about why the story of them having office sex came about. I doubt they were in there together. She was probably snooping on the computer and had to make up a story to explain that away as well as the clean up that she did. There's no evidence to prove that Travis was in that office at 4 a.m. looking at the video. For all we know she went in through the doggie door and slithered into his office to read his email or screw around with his computer. Then hopped in his bed.

Ok guys...FULL transcription of what I and Paperwing got on the April 2008 Text from Travis to Jodi:

Do not call me. And do not text me anything. The next thing I want is this michelle K that is friends with Elena(?) that nobody knows but knows details about my life. Not one other thing ever. Until you have that information. Its 15 minutes it would take to get the info. But you won't take 15 minutes. Why because it is an Fing lie. So either text me you that you are ready to tell the truth or give me your imaginary friend with the worst BS story you have ever told or leave me alone. Its a lie like no other. It is freaking foolish. There is no way out of it, you have screwed up your story so bad you can't mend it. You are caught. When will you realize that. I do not know. You have til tomorrow. to have me this persons information before I tell all of the hughes' leslie udy, the freemans, your parents and anyone else that matters about all the crazy things you have done. So either fess up or feel the wrath. No matter how bad the truth is I promise you the punishment will be better than the lie. This is worse than your magical email that a mysterious man you've never seen before wrote for you. You insult me by thinking ill believe such crap. nothing else from you til the truth. I already know your lying so why continue. After tomorrow, its gonna get real bad for you. Time to spit it out.

ETA: One note. I was the one that added the (?) b/c I'm not 100% sure the name is Elena. The rest of the text I was able to make out, but the Elena is not perfectly clear. I'm pretty sure, but not 100%

Is this referring to the anonymous email sent to Lisa?

BBM

I tend to agree they may not have as many sexual encounters as Jodi would have us believe, Sydni.

But on the phone call he agrees with her reminiscing about some sexual events (or incidents, as JA would say).

Do you think the date of the phone call is faked and that it really occurred before the angry texts from TA? I don't recall if there was any authentication of that tape, if there was I missed it. So if we only have Jodi's word that the phone sex occurred on May 10, then I don't believe that date either.

How many on here have re-watched JM's cross about the 3 gas cans in SLC about 50 times?

Such a good feeling when he bags her and she sticks with her story about returning the gas can to Walmart.

I forget who it is that's fretting about the lack in regards to expert testimony on splatter evidence. In the State's CIC they proved premeditated 1st degree murder. Once JA got on the stand things changed. I believe we will see in rebuttal more testimony about the splatter to disprove all of JA's testimony. imo

watching the end of the last testimony just to refresh my mind for tomorrow....Oh Juan is just so great....he gets right under her skin.....I love it

She bought a kerosene can not gas according to the Walmart slip. Did she actually buy 2.77 of kerosene at the gas station???? Kerosene is much safer than gasoline around a fire. She would know that from her camping days. It would explain why there was a separate slip for the 2.77 as she would not need a lot. If she purchased kerosene that is the premed neatly wrapped up in a tiny little box if JM can prove it. jmo
IMO, she filled up one of DB's cans and the new can with gas. The receipt for $2.77 was for one of DB's cans which already had some gas when borrowed.

Is this referring to the anonymous email sent to Lisa?

Clos, I think that refers to that text that she supposedly got from some guy and 'accidentally' copied to Travis. There were a lot of questions from Juan about this. She admitted she made up a text she subsequently sent to TA that was supposedly another part of the text from the other guy.

I didn't explain that very well. But my interpretation was that she was making up fake texts from some guy and (not really) accidentally sending them to Travis to try to make him jealous.

I think the questions asked of the DV expert are going to be general. ie 'if a woman was abused could she deal with it by doing such and such?' I don't think the defense are going to ask about JA specifically. JM, on the other hand, might try to pin the experts down to JA.

I disagree, only because JA already told us that these were the two shrinks that she told her 'secret' to about TA's pedophilia. So I think the defense wants the jury to hear about her 'confession' to the experts and why that would make JA possibly do the things she did.

Why, yes, of course! :lol: But ya know, I thought she really did look strange and awkward when she was doing that in the courtroom. I though she looked awkward when she stood there with her arm around atty. Willmott too. Something just seems really off about her, I mean even beyond her more obvious problems of being a psycho killer and being a walking potpourri of personality disorders. Something more of a physical nature. It's been brought up before that she's robotic in her responses to questioning. I've also noticed how stiff and unnatural she appears, almost wooden, like she could just splinter into a million pieces. Could she possibly be that uncomfortable, that tense? I just wonder if it's related to her personality disorders, perhaps to her constant lying, or if there is something about being in jail all of this time that could have affected her proprioception. Or has she always been like this? :waitasec:

I noticed that stiffness too but in her conversations with Flores she is just the opposite, constantly touching herself - hair, back, arms, face, can't stop touching herself - could be when she lies she's physically trying to distract the listener but I have no psychology education so I'm probably wrong but I noticed before how she couldn't stop messing with herself and in court it's like she doesn't want to touch herself or anyone else, even her hand gestures when testfying don't match what she's saying, very odd.

BBM

I found it so interesting when she was describing the "office scene"...She was so careful to describe herself lying on the floor up near the baseboards. I've been waiting to hear what evidence they may have found in the office. Has anything been mentioned about this yet?

You're not alone. If Jodi is given the DP, she will automatically get State funded and lengthy appeals. Besides, I think death would be too easy for her. She needs to live a very long life in a tiny cage with the vivid memories of what she's done.

I'm 100% against judicially mandated DP in any case. It didn't return my loved one to me or lessen the loss. There was no 'closure'. The crime rate did not decrease. All it did was affect and punish those who loved and cherished the executed one.

I wish there was some way to constantly remind Jodi while in prison of the pain she caused, instead of being able to compartmentalize it into a dusty forgotten file in her brain. She needs to remember prison is not the focus; it is her crime.

I was searching online for an idea of what daily 'Life on Death Row' is like for women in AZ. - There's information as far as men are concerned, but not women. Anyone know where I might find information like that. I heard somewhere, that they aren't even allowed a pencil - just three meals a day and a bed., which is a lot more than she has allowed Travis to have.

It is really, really confusing to me. I just can't wrap my head around the sequence of things.

On the surface, it looks like you're right, that's what I thought, too. Somehow they had this fight (prompting the first text) and then made up. But first of all, why would we believe Jodi? It doesn't make sense to me that he would forgive her when he is so obviously very, very angry. Plus, I didn't know about the brother stealing his identity, and that gives him even LESS reason to forgive her.

What REALLY gets me is that the phone sex conversation and the second text are supposed to have occurred on the same day. That just doesn't compute, as far as I'm concerned.

At one point I wondered if the phone sex conversation was from May 2007, when they were dating, rather than May 2008. But that can't be the case, because not only do they talk about the Cancun trip, but refer back to something that happened at the Oklahoma PPL conference in Oct or Nov 2008.

I'm somewhat suspicious of the dates of the first two texts. IMO it makes more sense that they came AFTER the May 10, 2008 phone sex tape. Maybe it will become more clear as the trial goes on.

And I would dearly love to know what Travis said in that email he refers to!

regarding the dates of the texts- more than one time in court they have referred to adjusting the time of texts and calls by 7 hours because JA's phone is set to "green-wich". (Jodi's pronounciation) mean time. Would that make a difference in the timing of these?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/03/11/jodi-arias-victim-or-sociopath/

As a psychiatrist, the question I get almost daily is, “so what’s the deal with Jodi”? Is she a battered woman, an obsessive woman, a femme fatal or a sociopath?

Here is the real problem with labeling Arias as a sociopath. This condition starts in the young teen years, if not before. It is a persistent and consistent behavior over the first three to four decades of the individual- some say for a lifetime. No one has come forward with any prior behavioral issues, legal issues, problems with work, family or friends. She was reportedly a very "good girl" in high school and very “normal.” At this time there are no known problems with previous boyfriends.

Jodi Arias, as you can see, fits the sociopath profile in many, many ways, except for the most important criteria. There is no past history. Based on this, unless there is much we do not know she does not technically meet the DSM IV criteria as a sociopath.

bbm

well unless you know what to look for, (and most don't) they appear normal because they blend. It's often times only looking back that people will connect the dots. So if she fits the criteria, she fits the criteria. Few have spoken about her past...although what she has said about her behaviors as a teen leads me to definitely believe she had these behaviors then.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member