Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JA put gas cans in the trunk by her case of water and clothes? I would not be drinking that water if it had been in the trunk along with gas cans in Mesa Arizona in June (~110 degrees). The fumes from the portable gas cans would affect the water and the contents of her suitcase. I'm surprised she did not put her suitcase and water in the back seat of the car. But she did say they were all in the trunk.

Hi sebarney,

I too found myself musing about that point whilst watching a clip of that line of questioning. I noticed Martinez made a point of establishing that both the gas cans and her suitcase were in the trunk. I don't know if he was just being his thorough self or if there is something up his sleeve that might come up later. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it!

On her support site, they are all ready with their comeback. They are saying it was a kerosene can, not a gas can, so Juan is mistaken if he just says that there were no returned gas cans. I will be curious to see if that is their explanation in court too.

Kerosene can versus gas can, what is the real difference and how would that help JA? Why need a kerosene can? For kerosene or gas to burn clothes, etc. up in the desert? Or, for gas for her car. Either / or.
Not to mention, one would have to be either an imbecile or an arsonist to be driving around with full cans of gasoline in the trunk of their car in 100+ degree temperatures. :what: Those JA supporters can mince their words til the cows come home, and the meaning of 'is' will still be 'is'.

This evening I watched JVM, Nancy Grace and HLN After Dark. Having listened to Jodi's lies over and over I decided to focus on her demeanor. During the cross with Juan I couldn't believe how defiant she acted!! She can go from an attempt at innocent and abused to just plain evil in a heartbeat! The looks she gave JM were downright scary! Prosecutors have to be fearless knowing each defendant, should they be found not guilty, will be walking the street, maybe their street! With Spokeo and other sites on the internet if someone wants to find out where you live, they will.

I have been wondering since we see so much through visual and not just spoken word, how that impacts as KatieCoolady says the jurors never look at her? Hmmmmm

Yes, she is ambidextrous, or ambidangerous as I call her!

If she were using her left hand, his right temple would be to her left side, so that is consistent. But there is no way for a bullet trajectory to go sideways and down if the "attack" was coming straight at her. If Jodi's story were to be true, then the bullet would have gone forward (through his skull) and back and lodged in the back of his head, not down and in front by his cheek.

Path of bullet shows Travis was shot from someone standing above him and slightly behind and to the right of him, most likely when he was facing upward.
Yes -- that's the gotcha on the shooting. It's the trajectory of the bullet that is the limiting factor here, IMO, Phoenician -- your questions are the same as mine. I'm glad you brought it up again.

I keep picturing him seated in the shower, as one photo shows, with the right side of his head facing toward the shooter who is standing outside the shower. Seems to me, the bullet path would line up perfectly if a left-handed shooter were standing facing him sitting on the shower floor.

Either that, or possibly when they are in the hallway and he is head-down, facing the bedroom -- here, a right-handed shooter would be better; or the reverse if he were head-down, head facing the bathroom. The position of the shell casing (? correct term ?) is tuff to reconcile with any of these positions, seems to me, but I don't buy that it was kicked from one place on the floor to the place we see it in the pic.

Or perhaps more likely, he was crawling to the sink from the shower... that would work, IMO, just as well, and the casing placement would make much more sense...

I'm still trying to figure that one to my satisfaction....

Gosh I hope you weren't spinning too. Cuz that would be really really bad :floorlaugh: I cant wrap my head around how many times Jodi said she was "spun around" :what:

Uh oh, I think I forgot to include "spinning" and "spun around" in the list of side effects, :redface:

I have been wondering since we see so much through visual and not just spoken word, how that impacts as KatieCoolady says the jurors never look at her? Hmmmmm

I heard that too, but an abc reporter states when she and juan are going at it the jury heads turn back and forth like they were watching a tennis match.:notgood:

Hi sebarney,

I too found myself musing about that point whilst watching a clip of that line of questioning. I noticed Martinez made a point of establishing that both the gas cans and her suitcase were in the trunk. I don't know if he was just being his thorough self or if there is something up his sleeve that might come up later. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it!

I wondered the same thing.

It's easy to get confused. You might finally get the times figured out, and then court starts late, so you're never quite sure what time it is. :lol:

Someone nice shared this link earlier and I saved it.

Time Zones
http://www.timetemperature.com/tzus/time_zone.shtml

See you all tomorrow! :skip:

I know now why they have the little :lol: guy for a Smilie. It really makes you laugh when you sit and look at it for a few seconds. Or maybe I'm just getting punchy from reading this forum for so long. :redface:

MM f'd up big time. He went on a public website in January of 2013 and said what he said. Without a doubt, he had been asked by the judge, NOT to watch or interact with the "media" about the trial - he didn't follow suit and as such, he can't testify. Betrayal much? Yes.

moo

Jodi has probably been spending hours and hours fantasizing about killing him as well. She's just about the most evil and downright creepy person I've ever seen. She actually creeps me out more than Charles Manson.
:help::nerves:

I really must say that I'm deeply offended and very disappointed in the turn towards objectifying and sexualizing men on this board.

Think of your fathers and brothers and sons.

We men are fully realized human beings with hope and dreams, and should not be considered merely a sexual Disneyland for women.

You swine.

:pillowfight:

you are truly hilarious !:D:D

And why has Donovan and it's gf not been in court for at least the past week? Have they been subpoenaed?

I haven't seen Donovan in court since the magazines were brought out. She left quickly that day and hasn't returned, to my knowledge.

I'm on the East Coast and the trial will air beginning at 1pm for us, so it can't be 1pm for you also. I don't think AZ uses DST so your time would be 12pm.

I'm an East Coaster, too, Lulu. AZ's time is now the same as Pacific Daylight Time -- their 10:00am PDT is our 1:00 pm EDT. AZ does not use DST.

JA put gas cans in the trunk by her case of water and clothes? I would not be drinking that water if it had been in the trunk along with gas cans in Mesa Arizona in June (~110 degrees). The fumes from the portable gas cans would affect the water and the contents of her suitcase. I'm surprised she did not put her suitcase and water in the back seat of the car. But she did say they were all in the trunk.

There are two very strong possibilites:
1) She's lying : which we know to be true because that's what she does
2) She's an idiot : which we know to be true if she wasn't lying, just for the reason that she was carrying full gas cans in her car trunk in hot summer temps.

Juan filed a Motion to Compel records from WalMart & Tesoro today!!!
Why wasn't this already done? :waitasec: Did they wait for her to lie to get the records so the defense didn't know where the prosecution was going?

Yes, she is ambidextrous, or ambidangerous as I call her!

If she were using her left hand, his right temple would be to her left side, so that is consistent. But there is no way for a bullet trajectory to go sideways and down if the "attack" was coming straight at her. If Jodi's story were to be true, then the bullet would have gone forward (through his skull) and back and lodged in the back of his head, not down and in front by his cheek.

Path of bullet shows Travis was shot from someone standing above him and slightly behind and to the right of him, most likely when he was facing upward.

So right after she slashed his throat and drug him to the shower?

I guess that will always nag at me, why would she bother to shoot him after slashing his throat? :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member