Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only 2 experts I saw on the witness list were the domestic violence expert and the psychologist. I read the list on the HLN web site I believe.

I can't understand why neither side is going to call a blood spatter expert.

On the pro-Jodi sites, they are using this MYSpace post as PROOF that those charges for battery out of Riverside, in the name Travis Alexander, are valid. :mad:

That is really sad, and sick! I can't believe anyone would support an evil person who could do something like she did.

As she described the incidents, I would call that abuse - not just part of a passionate relationship. However, I do not believe these things happened, mostly because there has been evidence presented that tends to show the events could not have happened as Jodi describes.

1. The finger breaking incident - First of all, she told Flores she cut the finger on the knife while Travis was being stabbed (although she attributed it to the female ninja). Aside from that, Jodi said the incident happened because Travis got mad that she would not lend him money on January 22 after she had already lent him several hundred dollars. He called her selfish and said he was sick of her, threw her on the ground and kicked her. Evidence has shown that on Jan 21, 22, Travis was lending Jodi money, not the other way around -- she mentions this in her text messages and says she'll make it up to him soon. She conceded on x-exam that Travis was lending her money.

2. The pedophile incident on Jan 21 could not have happened because there was no time during that day that she could have been over at Travis' house. This was shown through the timing and context of the text messages between them on Jan 21.

3. When he supposedly backhanded her in the car when she was telling him she was going to move -- her journal entries at that time talk about how much she loves Travis, and she went and had sex with him later that day and there's no mention of Travis doing anything like backhanding her.

4. The choking incident -- I totally missed this when she testified about it and would love to watch it if anyone knows what day this was. All I know is that since her testimony about it, she has said numerous times that he almost killed her.

5. Grabbing her wrist to keep her from running out -- eh, the way she described it does not sound abusive. Was this the same incident of him pushing her down when she landed on her knees? IT's hard to keep track because she keeps changing her stories.
Ok. So let's go for five (5) instances. Most of them questionable, none of them corroborated. So, what then? What do we have? Nothing. JA lying on the stand.

But no. Let's take it a step further. Let's say that these five incidents were genuine. Real. True. Let's take them at HYPOTHETICAL value.

Do they constitute "reasonable" self defence for someone stabbing 29 times and shooting someone in the head?

JA has pleading guilty of killing TA.

So...She's "self-defending" as PTS victim (of five highly questionable instances) ?

I'm lost.

If we've come to this point in the criminal justice system that even photographs of the murderer and his/her victim won't suffice, imo, we are truly scrd. (spelling error intended).

moo

I figured TA got up while JA was sleeping. She just assumed he was asleep the whole time she was.

Yes, according to Flores' report, Enrique said he saw Travis that morning and Travis said he'd only had about 45 minutes of sleep the night before. If JA had been there (of which I am skeptical) she says they slept until around 1:00, maybe she did (if she was there then) but I don't believe Travis did.

I also believe she staged the nudie pics, the pic of her 'you know' from behind is at 1:44:00, the pic of Travis in bed, looking like he's asleep is at 1:44:50, he could not have taken the 'you know' pic of her, jumped in bed and looked like he was asleep or half-asleep, esp. not when you see the pic at 1:47:15 where he's tossing the staged KY bottle at her or the camera. I also think there may have been pics in between these two because of the lapsed time between them.

Catching up on early days- Day 4 w/ Ryan Burns

In an IM session with JA, RB says to her- "I love how honest you are..." :what:

Poor Burnsie, what a lug nut. Bet he's thanking his lucky stars daily she didn't care about him all that much.

Oh too funny! I bet he did a few Hail Marys :floorlaugh:

The closer we get to the verdict the more poo that is thrown into the trial. I once learned that "For those that believe ...no proof is necessary...for those that dont believe ...no proof is enough" ...I belive Mr Juan Martinez.

Yes, according to Flores' report, Enrique said he saw Travis that morning and Travis said he'd only had about 45 minutes of sleep the night before. If JA had been there (of which I am skeptical) she says they slept until around 1:00, maybe she did (if she was there then) but I don't believe Travis did.

I also believe she staged the nudie pics, the pic of her 'you know' from behind is at 1:44:00, the pic of Travis in bed, looking like he's asleep is at 1:44:50, he could not have taken the 'you know' pic of her, jumped in bed and looked like he was asleep or half-asleep, esp. not when you see the pic at 1:47:15 where he's tossing the staged KY bottle at her or the camera. I also think there may have been pics in between these two because of the lapsed time between them.

Maybe she was asleep but he was afraid to fall asleep because he didn't fully trust her.

She also said a couple of times that he fantasized about anally raping a child -- this is how she characterized his comment "you sound like a 12 year old girl having her first orgasm."

And she said that he would make her wear the Spidey undies while having anal sex (don't know how that's possible).

I do not think that anyone is buying the whole pedophile thing.

Every disparing thing she says about Travis is total Bull S_hit! DP, PLEASE!

If his legs were crossed, you'd see the left foot somewhere, instead you see his right heel, I think there are two pics floating around, one is cropped so you can't see the heel very well, giving the appearance of a crossed leg. I think his right leg is at that odd angle because he's trying to get up. In the larger of this pic, at the top you can see his right arm is still resting on his right knee and his left arm is not lifed (look past his chest to the tile behind, you can see his left arm).

I have the pic in a Photobucket album, is it all right to post the link to that pic? I don't want to violate anyone's Copyright or anything, I saved them so I could enlarge and look at them close up and play with lighting and such.

Would it be possible for you to light up the shower/death photos so we could see them enlarged. They are scattered all through the posts and I can never find the one I need.

If you ask the mods, I am sure they would let you post it on the main trial page so that everyone can brainstorm and make their points.

Thanks in advance if you can do this for us.

As she described the incidents, I would call that abuse - not just part of a passionate relationship. However, I do not believe these things happened, mostly because there has been evidence presented that tends to show the events could not have happened as Jodi describes.

1. The finger breaking incident - First of all, she told Flores she cut the finger on the knife while Travis was being stabbed (although she attributed it to the female ninja). Aside from that, Jodi said the incident happened because Travis got mad that she would not lend him money on January 22 after she had already lent him several hundred dollars. He called her selfish and said he was sick of her, threw her on the ground and kicked her. Evidence has shown that on Jan 21, 22, Travis was lending Jodi money, not the other way around -- she mentions this in her text messages and says she'll make it up to him soon. She conceded on x-exam that Travis was lending her money.

2. The pedophile incident on Jan 21 could not have happened because there was no time during that day that she could have been over at Travis' house. This was shown through the timing and context of the text messages between them on Jan 21.

3. When he supposedly backhanded her in the car when she was telling him she was going to move -- her journal entries at that time talk about how much she loves Travis, and she went and had sex with him later that day and there's no mention of Travis doing anything like backhanding her.

4. The choking incident -- I totally missed this when she testified about it and would love to watch it if anyone knows what day this was. All I know is that since her testimony about it, she has said numerous times that he almost killed her.

5. Grabbing her wrist to keep her from running out -- eh, the way she described it does not sound abusive. Was this the same incident of him pushing her down when she landed on her knees? IT's hard to keep track because she keeps changing her stories.

I have made a note about the choking testimony on Day 22, afternoon. She said is was after her moother was there and it had something to do with the pamphlets she wanted him to read.

IMO JA had been stealing money for quite a while. JM implied as much from the very first day when he questioned clueless boyfriend number 3. She was working two jobs at time and had expenses totalling at least 1400 dollars just for their mortgage. She kept up payments for a while. Then, she got a boob job. Shortly after, the Mormon boys showed up. She stopped sex with DB (clearly she understood the vows of chasity) and she'd hit the lottery! 4 days later she was offering booty TA...

Yelp!

How obvious can this woman be?

moo

ITA! That's her perfect crime (not the murder). Minor4th wrote a great post about her belief that Jodi's sole purpose in going to trial is to blacken Travis' reputation and hurt all his friends and family, the ones who didn't like her.

ETA: Hey, Minor, I typed this before I realized you'd logged on. Maybe you can give us a recap of your thoughts.

I think it's this post your talking about:

minor4th said:
Here's my take: I think Jodi knows she's going to be convicted. I think she's always known she was going to be convicted, and her lawyers have always known it as well. As Detective Flores said, this is some of the best evidence ever, and there's no way around that.

Jodi is going through the motions of telling these tales just to pay lip service to the process and to give her a venue for talking about Travis. There are several points she wants to make very clear, and it matters not how it affects the outcome of this trial, as long as she gets to hold forth. Those points are: 1. That Travis was really into her, and that makes her special -- and all the Jodi haters, like Sky, be damned, 2. That she was so appealing that she could get a nice, chaste Mormon man to break his vows, and 3. Travis f-ed up by rejecting her and calling her out on being a lying sociopath, and for that he will pay, not only with his life, but with his reputation and memory.

This whole trial for Jodi is a huge F you to Travis, kind of a warning or lesson about why Jodi should never be crossed.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 100 questions from the jury: Arias answering on her 16th day on the stand #74

The way I remember it, this one she pulled out of thin air while testifying about the murder. It was the time "he almost killed" her. Choked her to unconsciousness. It literally made me go 'WHAT". If she'd ever said it before that, I didn't hear it. She said it happened in April.

It was like 'oh rats! I forgot to tell them about the worst time! Damn!!" So she just stuck it in.

Kind of like the marriage proposal she just remembered to mention.

I know she didn't take the stand, but anybody here wonder what the Casey Anthony jurors would have asked her??

Probably something like "Don't you hate it when you are using duct tape and it folds over and sticks to itself and you have to tear off that bit and throw it away and then you step on it and it's stuck to your foot so you walk and shake-shake-shake, walk and shake-shake-shake your foot?"

Then they would retire for a nice cool drink by pushing the door marked "Pull" and frustrate themselves trying to open some 20 oz Mountain Dews by twisting the cap the wrong way and complain that the Orange County cops were behind the times by not having virtual reality holographic displays of murders reconstructed by extrapolating from six pixels of a digital camera photo like they saw on CSI.

In answer to a juror question, Jodi described how Bobby had choked her too, and she called police. Asked why there was no police report, she said that Bobby called them back and reported it as an errant call. No way the dispatcher would say, "All-righty then, y'all have a nice day" and officers wouldn't come check it out.

on the first show...JVM, about his identity used and it wasn't him and he used to use that story in his motivational speeches. They really need to stop treating this as a BOMBSHELL and titillating people that it might be true. They know it wasn't him. It's pretty irresponsible. Hasn't this poor guy had enough done to him.

Disappointed in Beth K on Dr. Drew tonight...She knows the author looked into that stolen identity case, but still sounded skeptic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member