Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this crude drawing will help (I blurred the actual photo as I don't feel right posting it)...

picture.php

thanks so much.....I will go look at the photo un-blurred and hope I can see it!!

Hln is saying that JA said he was like an earthquake not a volcano right? Did I hear it wrong here! Her own words?

IIRC She compared him to both natural disasters...... She must have been reading NatGeo in her cell that week.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

JA talks about Diana during her testimony
Diana was a young lady that TA dated
Diana darkened her hair right before JA says she did on 3-20-08
ja on the the stand says something like
Diana came into TA's house and when up to his bedroom
Iirc and I don't always ja said someone in a rest came up to her an said things about TA and Diana, she rambles about them having sex and going to the Bishop. I believe that Is what the April text is about
I need to go back ugggg an listen to her direct to make sure that is what she said either that or I had a terrible nightmare!!!
If I am correct keep in mind she said the same thing about her first boyfriend and Bianca
Gosh all the mush she has said I can't keep it straight and I believe she is hoping the jury can't either imo

Jodi's only delusion is that she thinks no jury will convict her. She is on trial for a very heinous crime (her very own words to describe what happened to Travis). She did not just protect herself from an unprovoked attack, she slaughtered Travis. There is just no other way to see this looking at the crime photos. Overkill is an understatement. Jodi is just an evil person and not because can't control herself. She has hidden that part of her very well but it only takes a spark to bring that mean streak to the surface.

There are many in the world like her. Most of them do not allow themselves to go so far as acting out those tendencies.

No one is yelling at her. We have heard that what we hear is so much louder than within the courtroom. JM has to project his voice so the jury can hear him. If he sounds rude to us we have to remember he is dealing with someone who is lying on the stand because he already knows what the truth is and knows she is lying. What JM is trying to do is to let her know he knows the truth and he will trump her on it if she is not 100% honest. Even when he presents her with a truth she continues to lie basically stating, "if I say it's so, it so." Jodi is her own worst enemy and a danger to anyone and everyone she would come in contact with. It is very frightening to think this type of person walks among us more often than we know. jmo

All I can say is JM needs to take some pointers from the Judge and her mannerisms in court.

IMO, Jodi is unaffected by any pain she has inflicted on others.

She would only be hurt by reminders of her failures: Marriage, Love, Motherhood, Recognition of her art/photographic talents. All those are wrapped up in her sense of self-worth.

She has proven that she can "retcon" her story to romanticize it in her favor.

In her mind, Travis actually loved her -- she was not just a receptacle and plaything for his amusement. In her mind, Travis desired her and only pleasured himself to thoughts of her. In her mind, Travis proposed to her "a few times". He wanted HER.

She knows there was never any abuse or pedophilia.

Her years of time alone on DR will be spent reliving the travels and the sex and the gifts.

The stuff she has testified to will all be forgotten as she relives the good times -- whether they were real or fantasy.

I'm not sure about her reliving the good times. I think she'll forever blame Travis for his death (unfaithful, casting her aside, got what he deserved, unjustly convicted, ad nauseum). At the same time she will be scouting new victims by mail or within the walls, because she has to feed the sociopathic narcissism. JHMO

Thank you for clearing that up! I remember her saying on the stand that things were "really bad" for them right around the time she finally called mom and did move. This all fits with that. But apparently she was able to figure out ways to get him to make up with her. I think the guy must have loved her?

It is really, really confusing to me. I just can't wrap my head around the sequence of things.

On the surface, it looks like you're right, that's what I thought, too. Somehow they had this fight (prompting the first text) and then made up. But first of all, why would we believe Jodi? It doesn't make sense to me that he would forgive her when he is so obviously very, very angry. Plus, I didn't know about the brother stealing his identity, and that gives him even LESS reason to forgive her.

What REALLY gets me is that the phone sex conversation and the second text are supposed to have occurred on the same day. That just doesn't compute, as far as I'm concerned.

At one point I wondered if the phone sex conversation was from May 2007, when they were dating, rather than May 2008. But that can't be the case, because not only do they talk about the Cancun trip, but refer back to something that happened at the Oklahoma PPL conference in Oct or Nov 2008.

I'm somewhat suspicious of the dates of the first two texts. IMO it makes more sense that they came AFTER the May 10, 2008 phone sex tape. Maybe it will become more clear as the trial goes on.

And I would dearly love to know what Travis said in that email he refers to!

Knowing this it seems it wasn't a good idea for JA to take the stand and go through the scrutiny she has been exposed to. She never had a chance. Now she is a sitting duck, an easy target for little big man to rip her to pieces.

Again, Jodi is on trial. Jodi made the decision to take the stand because she had to. She is claiming self defense with no witnesses. She is not a sitting duck by any stretch. Jodi is paying the price for the crime of killing Travis by stabbing him 29 times, shooting him in the temple and cutting his throat from ear to ear. Somehow she had no problem cutting big man Travis to pieces and now it time to pay for her crime. If Jodi regrets where she is sitting right now she should have thought twice about her actions. If she does not like the way the prosecutor is treating her then maybe she should make an effort to be truthful with her answers instead of continuing to lie on the stand. jmo

Thank you for clearing that up! I remember her saying on the stand that things were "really bad" for them right around the time she finally called mom and did move. This all fits with that. But apparently she was able to figure out ways to get him to make up with her. I think the guy must have loved her?

I don't think he loved her. I personally know someone who dated a couple of very mentally unstable women and it seemed like no matter what they did to this guy, he always forgave them and took them back. It was the sex, nothing more. It was a similar circumstance where this guy was not at all experienced in that area, all it took was for him to be getting it regularly and all common sense went out the window.

I think in TA's case, he went almost 30 years without it (like the person I knew) and once he got it, it was a hard thing to give up. He was looking for someone to marry, which meant that person would be Mormon and most likely a virgin as well, so even if he met the woman he was going to marry, he still wasn't going to be getting any.

I think on June 4 she probably boo-hooed a lot and apologized, told him she knew they were over, but wanted one more night with him. Most guys I know would fall for that, thinking well ok - if it's the last time...

because it is her testimony

(that being said she cannot back it up with any corroborating evidence in her journal, in pictures, in taped conversations, other witnesses, etc... in fact the state has the goods on her that she tried to tamper with a witness and forged letters)

she does this at her own peril.:twocents::twocents::twocents:

Unlike the CA trial where the "testimony" was provided by the defense attorney with no corroboration and was given credence by the jury...unbelievable.

JA talks about Diana during her testimony
Diana was a young lady that TA dated
Diana darkened her hair right before JA says she did on 3-20-08
ja on the the stand says something like
Diana came into TA's house and when up to his bedroom
Iirc and I don't always ja said someone in a rest came up to her an said things about TA and Diana, she rambles about them having sex and going to the Bishop. I believe that Is what the April text is about
I need to go back ugggg an listen to her direct to make sure that is what she said either that or I had a terrible nightmare!!!
If I am correct keep in mind she said the same thing about her first boyfriend and Bianca
Gosh all the mush she has said I can't keep it straight and I believe she is hoping the jury can't either imo

bbm, I have been thinking this too. All of her back and forth, first yes then no, she knows she's toast and is hoping that they will be confused but I think with the questions from the jurors last week she now knows they are not easily confused.

I don't think she is normal, but I don't think she is mentally ill either. I think she's just plain evil. A woman who takes revenge to a whole other level when she doesn't get her way with men. There's evidence of this in other relationships. I think with Travis it was completely out of control and the worst of her evil came out.

I agree with you - she is pure evil. When you think about it, she was only 28 years old when she murdered Travis. God only knows how many men would have fallen victim to her had she gotten away with it! She was just getting started!

Delutional Disorder
bears no relation to one's IQ
believes someone is in love with them
believes they are the strongest, fastest and most intellegent person ever
jealous, always believes partner is cheating on them
delusions such as persecutory

Ok guys...FULL transcription of what I and Paperwing got on the April 2008 Text from Travis to Jodi:

Do not call me. And do not text me anything. The next thing I want is this michelle K that is friends with Elena(?) that nobody knows but knows details about my life. Not one other thing ever. Until you have that information. Its 15 minutes it would take to get the info. But you won't take 15 minutes. Why because it is an Fing lie. So either text me you that you are ready to tell the truth or give me your imaginary friend with the worst BS story you have ever told or leave me alone. Its a lie like no other. It is freaking foolish. There is no way out of it, you have screwed up your story so bad you can't mend it. You are caught. When will you realize that. I do not know. You have til tomorrow. to have me this persons information before I tell all of the hughes' leslie udy, the freemans, your parents and anyone else that matters about all the crazy things you have done. So either fess up or feel the wrath. No matter how bad the truth is I promise you the punishment will be better than the lie. This is worse than your magical email that a mysterious man you've never seen before wrote for you. You insult me by thinking ill believe such crap. nothing else from you til the truth. I already know your lying so why continue. After tomorrow, its gonna get real bad for you. Time to spit it out.

ETA: One note. I was the one that added the (?) b/c I'm not 100% sure the name is Elena. The rest of the text I was able to make out, but the Elena is not perfectly clear. I'm pretty sure, but not 100%

Thank you for this.

I am convinced that Jodi was snooping thru his email found something she did not like, and confronted Travis about it... but she couldn't say she found out by snopping... Instead, someone told her... someone Travis didn't know. He was calling her out on her BS.

I have had my own personal experience with such behavior. I had a snoopy Ex who would go through my things and just like Jodi did to Travis, he would confront me about things he learned from snooping and say that so and so told him... and I knew that there was no way that so and so would know such issues so I knew it was from reading my texts, or emails or whatever.

My question is this, is the jury allowed to draw their own picture based on their own experiences in life? For instance if I was on this jury I would think of my own similar situation, and I would be almost positive that the situation here was similar to my own. Is that allowed?
I'm interested in hearing the jury instructions.

Don't think nurmi REALY believes her! nor likes her! It's not about her at this point. He just went into his own private practice! And remember he DIDNT want to continue as her counsel! But the judge wouldn't release him. So maybe he's to the point of no return. She's not helping him to help herself. He tries to lead her in a certain direction! But she lets the arrogant part of herself go off on a different tangent! Self serving! Inventing and changing her testimony! As she goes along!
So i think ! he's just trying to get thru this and do his own thing.
That's just me maybe! Just saying. But ughhhhh his slow questioning is torture.

P.s in the cases Anthony case! Her attys interacted more with her! Very friendly as a matter of fact! More Personal ! seeming inapropiate at times with her male attorneys.
in JA case! I don't see wilma nor nurmi! Being that fond of her nor her with him. I bet they can't wait for this trial to end. I don't know how long this will drag on! I'm looking forward to Martinez tomorrow!

Absolutely not. Murdering somebody is not normal and doing it in such a horrific fashion is definitely not normal.

We can all sit here and armchair diagnose her but lets face it there hasn't been any whiff of any psych. assessment and if there was anything she was "suffering" from the DT would have been all over it.

Unfortunately there does not seem to be a shortage of people like JA in the world. Do you think that Casey Anthony, Joren Vandersloot, Scott Peterson (to name a few) suffer from some kind of disorder?

Didn't she say she never had any "counseling" but that she did see a psychologist for an "assessment?" It could be that somebody has come up with a diagnosis, but Jodi won't use it because she's fine, just fine.

I would say yes, Joren Vandersloot, for one does suffer from a disorder. Not a disease, a personality disorder. To the best of my knowledge, there's no treatment for personality disorders. Are there plenty of them out there? You bet. It's horrifying.

I have always thought that JA does and will continue to thrive as a prison inmate.

She is basically a low- life, clever con artist who could not sustain any meaningful long term relationships and who sauntered from low-paying waitress job to waitress job. She sees herself as an “artiste” and a “digital photographer” hence the lady has some hobbies.

In jail she will not encounter rejection from suitors. She has a captive audience for her palaver. She will never have to worry about paying bills or despair about an overdrawn bank account. She need not ever worry about food shopping or car payments. She will have a lot of spare time on her hands in order to “read and write” (no doubt her memoires).

She will maintain a very active role in managing her legal appeals. She will become expert on the methods of appeal to higher courts. She will develop a coterie of well wishers from the prison population and act as their “spiritual leader” . She is likely to husband a homosexual relationship with another inmate and will befriend ALL of the female prison guards. She will maintain friends on the outside who will speak out for her or report on her to the likes of National Inquirer. She will try to steer the commercial benefits of her notoriety to her family so that they can become enriched from JA “fame”. She will become the jailhouse artist and probably do portraiture when she is not engaged in the practice of law.
Compared to her prior failed life what’s there not to like about the prospects of life in prison?

I think she already fancies herself as the spokes person for her jail buddies. She is the one who stood up to the big bad prosecutor. I am sure she went back to her cell every night declaring herself the hero of the the court and recanted all the smart alec things she said to the Prosecutor. How she told him off and caught him in all his questions. jmo

OMG What is it about??!! It's the motive-I think most of us believe that.Someone beside JA & TA must know something!!!

Yes! That someone is Juan Martinez. He has left this cliff hanger (along with several others) and he will bring it all around full circle and make everything crystal clear in our collective minds. Trust me ... there is going to be some resolution in all of this ... otherwise they would not have been introduced so briefly and then just dropped. I am waiting with baited breath myself ... but it's kinda fun trying to figure it all out, right?!

I think we are gonna see some kind of evidence or texts from Jodi acknowledging these texts ... maybe apologizing ... explaining (lies) etc. we'll see. I am just so confident that this mystery will be explained to all and Juan will (at least) put his spin on things, if not "present" evidence of what those texts were "really" all about. Go Juan!!!!!!!!
:great::woohoo:

I just watched the movie "Leave Her To Heaven." It is an old movie, l947, I believe. The opening a character is commenting about the 7 deadly sins, JEALOUSLY being the worst.
The woman, played by Jean Tierny, was so obsessed and jealous of her husband (wanted him all to herself) that she killed his brother (intentionally letting him drown) and killed their unborn baby (by purposely falling down the stairs). When he finally wised up and was leaving her, she killed herself (with poison) and framed her sister for murdering her, whom she was jealous of because she thought her husband and sister were leaving together. Hard to believe there are woman like that, oh wait, that describes Jodi in my humble opinion. moo

Actually, she doesn't frame her sister, she frames the husband. One of my favorite movies. I'll have to watch it again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth