Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! I rest my case! I knew this was what Jodie was going for with TA. No offense to TA.......but What would EVER possess them to try and duplicate this perfect specimen. Would TA really think he was ready for this kind of exposure?

True. If Jodi was trying to replicate these gorgeous shower scenes, she sure did miss the mark. Her photos were not even close. :giggle:

Don't get me wrong. I have no idea what is happening in her brain as far as reasoning goes. I believe she committed a terrible crime.
My thinking is she is impaired in some way. She is not capable of living and thinking like you and I do. Do we sit back and keep score and laugh at her every mistake? Does this make us more civilized? HLN is having a field day with this. Do you think they are profiting from this case?

Again, Jodi is on trial. Jodi made the decision to take the stand because she had to. She is claiming self defense with no witnesses. She is not a sitting duck by any stretch. Jodi is paying the price for the crime of killing Travis by stabbing him 29 times, shooting him in the temple and cutting his throat from ear to ear. Somehow she had no problem cutting big man Travis to pieces and now it time to pay for her crime. If Jodi regrets where she is sitting right now she should have thought twice about her actions. If she does not like the way the prosecutor is treating her then maybe she should make an effort to be truthful with her answers instead of continuing to lie on the stand. jmo

Respecfully acknowledging above posts:

First of all, I wish this had never happened and Jodi had received some type of mental health care.

However, she did brutally kill TA. If we were a family member of the victim would we not seek justice? IMO Juan M. is doing just that...JA should have come clean from the beginning. Is she impaired-Yes. Does she know the difference between right and wrong-Yes.

JA has made this so much worse on herself. Not only in killing TA's physical body but also attempting to destroy his reputation in death.

I do appreciate the concern for humanity but the USA Justice System must start getting it right.

I tend to agree they may not have as many sexual encounters as Jodi would have us believe, Sydni.

But on the phone call he agrees with her reminiscing about some sexual events (or incidents, as JA would say).

Do you think the date of the phone call is faked and that it really occurred before the angry texts from TA? I don't recall if there was any authentication of that tape, if there was I missed it. So if we only have Jodi's word that the phone sex occurred on May 10, then I don't believe that date either.

Good point! And another thing that makes my hinky meter go off the top is the tape itself (sex tape). I doesn't really flow like a real conversation. It almost sounds like it was kind of put together somehow ... I dunno ... maybe I need to take a break from all of this. I wonder if we will come to find out that this tape was tampered with and put together somehow. Maybe Gus Searsy and his production talents (or access to production companies) .. ha ha ... Anyway .. I know I'm getting kinda FAR OUT there with my suspicions .. but I don't put anything past her and her evil mind.

Sigh ... I need a drink ... is it noon yet? YES!! IT IS!! Cheers!

regarding the dates of the texts- more than one time in court they have referred to adjusting the time of texts and calls by 7 hours because JA's phone is set to "green-wich". (Jodi's pronounciation) mean time. Would that make a difference in the timing of these?

No, I don't think so. The first text, where he talks about her having to come forward about her lies, is supposedly dated in April, before the phone sex tape on May 10. The the second text is dated the SAME DAY as the phone sex conversation. That one, I guess, could actually be the next day. But no, I'm still confused. I wish I had a better handle on their relationship besides what Jodi's told us, which is all BS.

I also think that's why she cut his throat, because at that point he was too badly hurt to defend himself or get to the stairs (or wherever his phone was, do we know?) so he started yelling. I still haven't decided which I think came first, if she shot was last I think it was to be sure he was dead before she got into (and vulnerable herself) the shower to clean off, but shooting him first makes a great deal of sense, she thought he would die easy, one shot, all done but she had to go to plan B with the knife when it didn't turn out so easy. Both make a lot of sense to me.

In the lower corner of the sitting shower pic I think I see flying blood, and that also would make sense whether she first shot him or him in the neck with the knife milliseconds before the pic was accidentally snapped when her right hand flexed as her left hand did whatever it did. But holding both a weapon and camera in her hands at the same time just doesn't sound like someone who intends to deliver a deadly shot or blow. Okay, I'm rambling like someone we all know so well so I'll hush up here.

What about Dr Horn saying on the stand that the defensive knife wounds on TA's hands came before the gunshot because in his opinion TA would not have the voluntary muscle control after the gunshot throught the temporal lobe?

regarding the dates of the texts- more than one time in court they have referred to adjusting the time of texts and calls by 7 hours because JA's phone is set to "green-wich". (Jodi's pronounciation) mean time. Would that make a difference in the timing of these?

It sounds to me like the sex tape was in the wee hours of the morning of May 10th (JA refers to her grandparents sleeping) and the texts from TA are in the day - May 10th. That wouldn't be a stretch, would it? So, maybe they had the sex conversation and later in the day she let TA know that she had taped it. That could possibly explain how angry he got?

moo

No, I don't think so. The first text, where he talks about her having to come forward about her lies, is supposedly dated in April, before the phone sex tape on May 10. The the second text is dated the SAME DAY as the phone sex conversation. That one, I guess, could actually be the next day. But no, I'm still confused. I wish I had a better handle on their relationship besides what Jodi's told us, which is all BS.

Here's a timeline:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ak0vUAK8UbSndFl4X1V3YkZXazU0X25pQndhNVVmbXc&output=html

HLN question: what was the game changing moment in this trial so far?

Beth said Day 8 of Jodi direct when "the fog" set in.

Mike (hln host) said phone sex tape where Jodi seems the aggressor and clearly enjoying it

Dwayne the defense atty says the gas cans, fact she cannot plausibly deny.

I think the gas cans proving premed...she asked for them, there is no record of her being in AZ. Plus the need for her to fill them up again in SLC means she used the gas!

BBM: JMO, but I think the "game changing moment" was when Mr. Martinez got to cross-examine Jodi Arias because that is when everyone got to see and hear the REAL Jodi Arias !

She was snarky, sarcastic, indignant and arrogant when Mr. M was cross-examining her -- totally different than the meek, meely-mouth, shrinking violet, abused woman she wants everyone to believe she is !

JMO ...

:seeya:

Don't get me wrong. I have no idea what is happening in her brain as far as reasoning goes. I believe she committed a terrible crime.
My thinking is she is impaired in some way. She is not capable of living and thinking like you and I do. Do we sit back and keep score and laugh at her every mistake? Does this make us more civilized? HLN is having a field day with this. Do you think they are profiting from this case?

Jodi has had 5 years to get some help or to even garner some remorse. She hasn't done it. And I am sure she has been a liar all her life. Hence the problems she had with her parents. That should have been the first red flag.

I think the feelings I have for her just make me more human. She has all the attributes I have taught my children not to have, and all the attributes I have avoided in my friends and myself all my life. She is not stupid, she knows her behaviour is not normal. She is a sick person, and her behaviour is sickening to most normal people. I really don't care what happens to her and I don't laugh at her every mistake, I just shake my head in horror and disbelief. jmo

IMO, she filled up one of DB's cans and the new can with gas. The receipt for $2.77 was for one of DB's cans which already had some gas when borrowed.

Didn't she put over 9 gallons in the gas cans???? Jodi is claiming the 2.77 went into her tank to top it off. That would mean she drove into the station on fumes. lol

bbm, Civilized? I don't care what people think about me. As long as I do what I know to be right I'll be fine. I am waiting for the day that she is put to death just because she is an embarrassment to women. but that's just me.

bbm, Hey if they can make money off of her go for it, if I could I would.

This is interesting thought, an embarrassment to women. You are being too hard on yourself. 95% of all women are wired to function in a 'normal' manner. 5% could be wired to get their pleasure from being evil. Evil is an old word that has been replaced by the modern word "psychopathy"
This is the way the cookies crumble, this is the way we are put on the Earth.
It will never change so do not let a 'bad apple' embarrass you.
It is hard to imagine and I am learning as we go but there are people for some reason that do not feel Empathy.

If this trial wasn't televised nurmi would put in less effort! But he is going in private practice and wants to drum up business. I would never hire him myself.

Jodi has had 5 years to get some help or to even garner some remorse. She hasn't done it. And I am sure she has been a liar all her life. Hence the problems she had with her parents. That should have been the first red flag.

I think the feelings I have for her just make me more human. She has all the attributes I have taught my children not to have, and all the attributes I have avoided in my friends and myself all my life. She is not stupid, she knows her behaviour is not normal. She is a sick person, and her behaviour is sickening to most normal people. I really don't care what happens to her and I don't laugh at her every mistake, I just shake my head in horror and disbelief. jmo

As far as laughing I refer mostly to some talking heads on HLN, the so called experts keeping score.

well unless you know what to look for, (and most don't) they appear normal because they blend. It's often times only looking back that people will connect the dots. So if she fits the criteria, she fits the criteria. Few have spoken about her past...although what she has said about her behaviors as a teen leads me to definitely believe she had these behaviors then.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. I'd think the "disagreements" with her parents about rules and consequences would be part and parcel of her teenage onset. :twocents:

Regarding the texts that were posted upthread: Where are JA's replies?

I considered that possibility as well but the price was (to the penny) exactly the same as the gas. Do kerosene and gas cost the exact same amount per gallon? (I'm asking because I don't know.)

the only difference between a kerosene can and a gas can is the color.

In my experience the only places you can get bulk kerosene ( as compared to a 5 gal can w/kerosene, like Coleman stove fuel comes) is at a fuel oil place. Someone posted that in FL there are gas stations w/ kerosene but besides some farm vehicles, I don't know what kind of vehicles run on kerosene, it's mostly for heating.

It is very similar to deisel fuel and would probably be priced accordingly, quite a bit higher than gas.

Beth Karas is on HLN now and continues to talk about this identity theft thing. She still sounds skeptical of the explanation that has been given and said nothing has been confirmed. :confused:

I hate that this is being given so much attention. :(

Yes,I am disappointed in BK. She seemed to know the scoop on this earlier.

On a wholly minor note, did she not also publicly "correct" JA de-edify with dis-edify? I may be slow, but I cannot find any dictionary that lists dis-edify as a word either.

Good point! And another thing that makes my hinky meter go off the top is the tape itself (sex tape). I doesn't really flow like a real conversation. It almost sounds like it was kind of put together somehow ... I dunno ... maybe I need to take a break from all of this. I wonder if we will come to find out that this tape was tampered with and put together somehow. Maybe Gus Searsy and his production talents (or access to production companies) .. ha ha ... Anyway .. I know I'm getting kinda FAR OUT there with my suspicions .. but I don't put anything past her and her evil mind.

Sigh ... I need a drink ... is it noon yet? YES!! IT IS!! Cheers!

BBM:

:seeya: The first time I heard that tape, my hinky meter went off as well ... :waitasec: but then again, my hinky meter is always going off :innocent:

Anyway, I also wondered IF -- IF it was put together by JA and someone else ? Ah yes, her buddy Gussy ...

JMO but there is something "off" about that tape ... and Travis sounds like he is "drunk" -- which we know he was not !

:moo:

Thanks for the link, but in some ways it confuses me even more.

For example, in January 2008, Jodi sends a couple of sexually suggestive texts. Well, at least on the timeline, there's no response from Travis. Maybe he just deleted them with an eyeroll.

In March, TA & JA travel to Oklahoma & Texas together.

By April she's leaving Mesa, although we don't have the date. Sometime in April, Travis sends her a very angry text accusing her of doing something to which she should confess. On April 20th, before or after (we don't know), he sends her a text saying she's the prettiest girl he knows.

On May 10th they have that phone conversation. Perhaps it is in the early morning hours (what we might call the night of the 9th). If you listen to it, even just the beginning, before all the sex talk, Travis sounds what I would call "fun and flirty." No anger there. He also refers to an incident at the PPL conference in Oklahoma the previous Oct. or Nov. where Abe was talking to Jodi. He talks about his annoyance that Abe was "hitting on my girlfriend." Yet this is supposedly many months after they broke up.

The later that same day, he sends her another extremely angry email about her invading his privacy.

Then 2 weeks later comes the long text where he calls her a sociopath.

With the information we have, this is quite a roller coaster ride. I think we're missing a great deal of info. I'm just having a hard time putting it all together.

I was searching online for an idea of what daily 'Life on Death Row' is like for women in AZ. - There's information as far as men are concerned, but not women. Anyone know where I might find information like that. I heard somewhere, that they aren't even allowed a pencil - just three meals a day and a bed., which is a lot more than she has allowed Travis to have.

This article and video has a bit about life on Death Row in Arizona for women ...

Meet the 3 women on Arizona's death row

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21347978/2013/02/25/meet-the-3-women-on-arizonas-death-row

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth