Interview with the two boys has been cancelled

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's so baffling and frustrating that there hasn't been an arrest yet...seems LE just cannot get that one piece of evidence they need so desperately to proceed with this case...poor baby Lisa!!!

IMO, this interview was never going to happen.

The attorney knew that LE could have removed the children from school (without a court order or parental consent) and driven them to the Dept for Social Services location where the interview was to have taken place. She agreed to bring them to prevent this from happening, imo.

IMO, LE knows this type of removal is not in the best interest of the children and tried to work with these parents and attorneys. What do these parents have to hide??

That is correct, I guess I meant to say I thought it was impossible for me to see another person act with such disregard toward "finding" their missing child.... I just see Beth Holloway and think THAT is the way a mother of a missing child should act KWIM?

I actually could relate to your statement (though I didn't follow CA). It's exhausting to the core when one individual has all your attention and anger. I felt like you meant it helped shift away some of the intense feelings you have for CA. Or maybe I'm internalizing, because right now? I can not look at DB.

Off the fence. Feet planted firmly on the ground. I can't think of a logical reason on this planet that two parents would block LE from doing EVERYTHING possible to find their baby. Sorry, but it makes the parents look very bad (in my personal opinion). I'm so disgusted.

And I agree with PP - Beth Holloway - THAT's what a parent of a missing child is like. Mark Klass. Jessie Lunsford's dad - THOSE people are examples of parents of missing children. Obviously people act in different ways, but DB just angers me. Who has such complete disregard for their missing baby that they would just hinder the investigation so much?

If they don't want to look guilty then they shouldn't act so very guilty.

My opinion and all that

Well apparently her clients havent fired her if she is still on the case then. JT is the lead atty anyway. ANYTHING CS does has to go through him, he is only using her because she is an atty in town. JT is the one that gets paid and pays her, me thinks she wanted her 15 minutes of fame as well and it backfired or this is just a ruse put out by the atty's to show that there is a "legitimate" reason the kids arent being questioned today.. Either way its all bogus. All of it.
It was reported in MSM that CS was working pro bono (link somewhere around here, maybe in the CS thread).

This is almost enough for me to stop following this case... I am so utterly frustrated I cannot even put it into words.

IMO, this interview was never going to happen.

The attorney knew that LE could have removed the children from school (without a court order or parental consent) and driven them to the Dept for Social Services location where the interview was to have taken place. She agreed to bring them to prevent this from happening, imo.

IMO, LE knows this type of removal is not in the best interest of the children and tried to work with these parents and attorneys. What do these parents have to hide??

Why wouldn't they need a court order or parental consent ?

I'm sorry to say but in my opinion this anger/hatred is misplaced. Taking the emotions from one case and laying them on the players in another case can be very dangerous. DB is not CA. MOO

I agree. Who wants to have that hatred in them anyway. It's not healthy!!

I'm inclined to think that they are looking for others to tell them what to do because they are scared and don't know what to do. If those people are giving conflicting advice, it could be even more confusing. This may be more of an indication that the lawyers are fighting than anything else. JMO MOO

Respectfully, I disagree.

From day one they have had people there to tell them what to do. They have had the most qualified people in the world, everyone from these major city police, the FBI, missing children advocates, all there to instruct and assist them in finding their daughter and in uncovering what happened and who did it.

Their problem is that they do not want their daughter found, they do not want the world to know what happened, and they definately do not want people to know who did it. In my opinion.

This case is too convoluted, too confusing to ever make sense.

I sort of think THAT IS THE POINT.

Why wouldn't they need a court order or parental consent ?

LE, juvenile officers, physicians can use this to take a child into protective custody for up to 12 hours without a court order or parental consent. For interviews, physical exams etc.

http://www.dss.mo.gov/cd/info/forms/pdf/cs33.pdf

I'm in Texas and knew it could happen here and found this on the Mo. Dept. of Social Services.

hth

Respectfully, I disagree.

From day one they have had people there to tell them what to do. They have had the most qualified people in the world, everyone from these major city police, the FBI, missing children advocates, all there to instruct and assist them in finding their daughter and in uncovering what happened and who did it.

Their problem is that they do not want their daughter found, they do not want the world to know what happened, and they definately do not want people to know who did it. In my opinion.

BBM that is quite an assumption considering there is no evidence against these parents.

There is no way in the this life, I would allow my children to be interviewed after knowing LE wants to pin something on me. They can take things these kids say and stretch and use it over the parents.. I would not trust this LE with my kids for a minute. I don't care what the circumstances.

Maybe if they had not come out accusing and instead made the parents feel comfortable about talking. but if someone came out saying I had killed my baby and I hadn't that would be it for me. There is no way they would get their hands on my kids nor would I sit with them. I am glad they got rid of the local lawyer and that Tacopina is watching out for them.

This case is too convoluted, too confusing to ever make sense.

I sort of think THAT IS THE POINT.

Yes Indeed, and DB most likely learned that this was her/JI's best shot at getting away scott-free...if in fact, either one of them is culpable in the disappearance of Lisa.

DB, herself was quoted as having followed other high profile cases of missing children...IMO, she took what she knew and she and her attorneys are making the best of this game plan.

My dears, name calling is never going to fly here. Please don't call Joe T. TACO. it will get you a time out. Initials or his name please.

Don't call the parents names please. There have been no arrests and certainly no trials. So no we can't call anyone a baby killer or anything else.

Thank you. TACO=offensive.

I think it's time to arrest Debbie for child endangerment. Let her cool her heels in jail and see what comes of that. These parents disgust me.

BBM that is quite an assumption considering there is no evidence against these parents.

There is no way in the this life, I would allow my children to be interviewed after knowing LE wants to pin something on me. They can take things these kids say and stretch and use it over the parents.. I would not trust this LE with my kids for a minute. I don't care what the circumstances.

Maybe if they had not come out accusing and instead made the parents feel comfortable about talking. but if someone came out saying I had killed my baby and I hadn't that would be it for me. There is no way they would get their hands on my kids nor would I sit with them. I am glad they got rid of the local lawyer and that Tacopina is watching out for them.

I see your point, I really do. But there is a catch-22 here. WHO else are you going to turn to help find your missing baby daughter? PI's can only do so much and certainly do NOT have the resources available as LE - so then what?

And the interview was going to be conducted by a third party - NOT LE in any way. I would think that not only the parents but the attorney and designated members of local PD and FBI. Now, when I say "be there" I don't mean in the room. All these rooms have the "one way mirror" and certainly everyone I mentioned would have been "observing" and the parents can stop it at any time by just speaking up.

What I find hinky is all these "pesky details" that jsut keep trickling out. Why not (if you're the parents) come out and say - "well LE told me the phone made a call at this time to such and such a number" or "when I went to the store my neighbor watched the kids" or anything to "clarify and/or qualify" what has already been said in the media.

No one is "qualifying" their statements. The "I was drunk" from DB, the "I don't know who answered my phone" now from MW, there are so many statements by different people just thrown out there with no qualifying the what, when, why or how that statement is being made. Does that make any sense?

Ok - now I'm babbling...............this case will do that to ya. :crazy:

Nancy Grace had Gil Abeyta on her show last night. He has visited the home where the family is staying, several times. He told Nancy G, (paraphrasing) Those parents are in bad shape. They can't hardly function. They are 25 and 29 years old. People need to stop attacking them, or there may be a suicide.

Unfortunately this is unavoidable in a case like this. Perhaps they should try cooperating 100% with everything LE asks, maybe begin trying to find their child or perhaps tell LE where they put her. Those things might really help relieve some of that anxiety.

The truth shall set you free.

The way I see it, these parents have lost a child. Debrah was on antianxiety medication before this happened, and Jeremy was on antidepressants. They were busting their butts to be good parents to three children, two of whom had been granted to them in custody disputes. They worked about as hard as any 25 and 29 year olds, that I know of. They were a one wage earning family in this economic down turn. They are not sophisticated, they are hard workers.

I will consider how awesome the parents are when their missing baby is located.

Why does the police KEEP SAYING, "we have to eliminate the parents first, and then work out." Why did they give these parents such a hard time at the beginning and fold up the command center? LE is the only place that young parents know to go to in this kind of emergency. LE scared them to death, and I think they fear loosing the other two boys, BECAUSE, THIS IS WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN OTHER CASES. Why can't LE and media give them benefit of the doubt? What is to be gained here? We want Lisa back alive. If she is still alive, LE is doing everything to "further and frighten" the sources of the best information which is Deborah, Jeremy, and the 2 boys. If someone thinks that the baby was killed by somebody in this family, that is the only reason why they have to "start by eliminating the parents". That is a retributionist idea, that is a prosecutor's idea. Is retribution more important than possibly finding an alive baby for a good family? ???

Simple. In the overwhelming majority of these cases the parents, a relative, or a close family friend did it. That said, in this case the police have worked ALL angles, including a stranger abduction.

I say don't waste time on prosecuting the parents until everything has been done that is positive, be kind to the parents, search for an alive baby. If all that fails, and LE is still so sure that a brutal murder took place by one of these young parents, then they can go into prosecute mode. The alternative is that an awful accident took place. If that is the case, why not still be kind to the parents and the 2 little boys, help them through this tragedy so that they can continue to give the excellent care in the face of a tragic accident, why not???

Are you unaware that the family has had no interaction with LE for several weeks? No one in LE has said ANYTHING mean, negative, or accusatory to these folks. They have reported the facts, often downplaying them, and nothing more.

This might not play into the "family as victim" mindset you seem to have adopted, but there it is.

Then, last of all, if LE is so sure these parents are monsters, my last act would be "retribution" "stick it to these bad guys," "solve the case," "get even" and all the negative modes of thinking. But that would be the last thing I would resort to.

As I said, the police are investigaing every possibility, and with unbelievable dedication and professionalism. In the end, if the evidence is there it will not be the police who stick it to the bad guys -- it will be a jury of peers and based on the evidence.

But then, that's a bit premature. Like many many others, including LE, I am mostly concerned with seeing Lisa brought home, hopefully alive. I wish her parent's shared that focus.

If the parents don't want their children interviewed, Tacopina can't force them. But that isn't to say that a Judge can't force them. That will be the next step, imo, and it just adds to the pile that makes the parents look guilty. I doubt Tacopina will stay around to watch them self-destruct.

The cadaver dog did hit in the parents' bedroom so you are incorrect that there is no evidence against the parents. The focus should be on Lisa and what is in the best interest of her brothers.

JMO

So I'm wondering - are Deborah and Jeremy comunicating with the boys regularly?? Would they be able to "coach" the boys before they're interviewed?

No one is "qualifying" their statements. The "I was drunk" from DB, the "I don't know who answered my phone" now from MW, there are so many statements by different people just thrown out there with no qualifying the what, when, why or how that statement is being made. Does that make any sense?

Is that the parent's fault? You can only believe about half of what's reported anymore. We don't get news we get speculation and spin offs. Who knows what is really happening besides the people actually going through it, meaning LE and the parents and other witnesses.

I refuse to let the terrible reporting that goes on make my mind up on what's going on in this case. It's all over the place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner
Back