Interviews Lisa's Parents Good Morning America, Fox, The Today Show 10/17/2011 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM...

doesn't LE do that?

Ima

LE lies to people to test them and elicit information, as we all know. But, if you say the baby was stolen and the cell phones were stolen, you wouldn't know about the state of the baby's clothing and where the phones pinged after the alleged abduction.

If you suspected LE was lying to you about the clothes and the pings to try to get information from you, so what? You want your child back and you don't know about the clothes and the pings. Period. Imo, you'd be more worried that those could be the baby's burnt clothes. Why mention what LE showed you to the press? To promote the idea that you're a victim of LE, imo.

I just think Debbi is a consumate victim and spinning. If Lisa really was abducted, of course her mom is a victim. But, I don't see why she isn't focusing her emotions and air time on the ultimate victim - Baby Lisa Irwin.

Ok - I've read and watched all the interviews (except the FOX one - I can't get that one to open)

Anyway, ever hear that there's always "a little truth" in every lie?

This quote is from the People mag interview:

She put Lisa down in her room around 6:40 p.m., she says. Only once more soon afterward did she check on Lisa, finding her standing in her crib before tucking her back in.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20537543,00.html

Hmmmm - standing in her crib? Was this new? And how many of us mothers have had children that we find standing in their crib - only to try to lay them back down and they are like lil boomerangs? Right back up.

I don't know the statistics on this and I do know all about how children - especially young infants can bounce - BUT

Could DB have laid her back down - told her to go back to sleep and left. Then at 10:30 to check on her again - only to find her on the floor, with a broken neck? It is possible for Lisa to have fallen out of that crib and broke her neck? Yes, very possible and with DB drunk - probably not checking on her at all - Lisa could have been gone for at least an hour - if not more.

Out of all the interviews this morning - THAT line sticks out to me the most and it was only in the People mag article - never said anywhere else.

I think we're getting closer to the truth here - only hope we're getting closer to finding Baby Lisa.

Only problem I have with that scenario is that cadaver dogs should be able to pick up a scent after that length of time. Do we know if cadaver dogs were ever taken into the house?

To most of us, more than five drinks = three sheets to the wind...... really, that's a lot of wine, almost two bottles (there are three glasses per bottle). I think she's defensive about drinking wine and going to the store to get it..... It all comes back to that wine, IMO she knows she should NOT have been drinking, even omitted the trip to the police as it would likely cast doubt on an abduction and likely lead police down the path of a mistake..... A mistake made in "good faith" would be my child falling down the stairs when I am sober. A mistake in "bad faith" my child falling down the stairs when I am drinking. A mistake with no time behind bars can quickly turn into serious time behind bars when you add in the "bad faith" issue.....

ITA. MK also asked her if she had vodka with the wine. What was that about??

Also did you see her reaction when she was asked more than 10 drinks and the expression she made- her reaction was just like my daughter who is an alcoholic.(She's doing better now thank goodness)

I think we might have a black out drinker here.

Ok - I've read and watched all the interviews (except the FOX one - I can't get that one to open)

She put Lisa down in her room around 6:40 p.m., she says. Only once more soon afterward did she check on Lisa, finding her standing in her crib before tucking her back in.

(snip)

I think we're getting closer to the truth here - only hope we're getting closer to finding Baby Lisa.

I think that LE is closing in and that DB is trying to set up a good defense... Now we're hearing about being drunk and now baby Lisa standing in her crib.

JMHO

Re: Questioning the boys about what they heard that night.
She seems to be the decider on this very important element. The reason she gave for not talking to them about it, or bringing it up was specifically she didn't want to put them through anything.
I have to ask her, what are they not going through now? Her reason, her decision IMO lacks credibility.
IMO, there is a reason she does not want to hear from the kids.

I was thinking when I heard her say that, if you are so desperate to know what happened to Lisa then why aren't you doing everything possible to find out, including asking the children? If I were so concerned about their emotional health I would find a good child therapist and have them talk to the kids in a way that wouldn't scar them.

I want to know why they're insistent that the intruder must have gone through the window. Why not the door? Much simpler.

Do they think they've got to explain what happened to the window?

I'm sorry, I just think this whole, 'I was too drunk to remember' is a load of sh....My opinion is that she had me completely snowed when this story first broke. What an actress! She's good at manipulating, and since I can't take her at face value, I'm inclined to err on the side of: this is part of her defense plan.

My opinions.

*polishes tinfoil hat*

All DB has given us is excuses for when the truth comes out.

Being drunk may very well be an exaggeration. How convenient to (possibly) pass out on the night your daughter "disappears"

IMO Lisa isn't gone because DB drank too much. DB drank too much (or says she did but is lying) because Lisa is gone. Using that bit as a warped kind of alibi or if necessary a defense strategy down the line. I smell BS and it ain't Wild Bill.

Remember, DB said she specifically failed the question (on poly) of Lisa's whereabouts.

Source

All my opinion :twocents:

Why would phones be in the breaker boxes?

Just seems to me that would be the perfect place to hide them and the LE keep searching right there at the home.

Who would think to look there?

i wonder what "kind" of drunk DB is... is she a chill drunk? does she get emotional? does she get worked up and/or violent?

also - why the heck would anyone come out and "admit" ANYTHING that could possibly be used against them in a trial?? wouldn't you just wait and see if it came out some other way and perhaps your defense team could bring it to light during the trial if they didn't have any other avenues to pursue? i just don't get it. i can see making it public info in order to make it seem like maybe you were just out of it and thats why you didn't know what happened and are unable to fit all of the pieces of the timeline together... but why? why do you feel the need to have to reveal this to the public? i sure as heck wouldn't say such a thing if i thought the police were suspecting me of anything.

i think someone's conscience is reaaaaaally getting to them!!!

it just makes me sick to even think about someone being so heartless to throw a baby away, even if it was an accident. that baby deserves better than what has happened to her. if the mother or father did something to her, i hope they feel guilty and hopefully they soon realize that they need to just come clean and allow that precious baby a proper burial (if this is indeed a death, which i am... sadly... pretty sure it is).

i don't think there has to be motive. i think someone could have just snapped, especially if they were in an altered state of mind. and i don't understand DB not allowing the boys to be interviewed anymore. i get it that maybe she feels as though they have already been through enough... but come on... as long as the case is drug out even longer... they'll continue to "go through" a lot. the more LE can find out, the faster they can bring this case to a close. i think someone is just trying to avoid being arrested as long as possible. MHO only. i've been off the fence for a long time.

I wonder if she is admitting being drunk because she somehow found out that the neighbor had already told LE that they drank together that night ? LE probably knew about the drinking early on...MOO

I think that if my only phones were shut off for non payment I would be using the wine money to help get them back on again.

I don't think she was in the house during the reenactment. I am pretty sure the family has already moved out by then.
Thanks, that what I thought. Wonder how show knows how noisy the police were?

I want to know why they're insistent that the intruder must have gone through the window. Why not the door? Much simpler.

Do they think they've got to explain what happened to the window?

Maybe she was so drunk she fell into it.... Lord knows I've woken up with a few mystery bruises after a night of indulging.....:waitasec:

To most of us, more than five drinks = three sheets to the wind...... really, that's a lot of wine, almost two bottles (there are three glasses per bottle). I think she's defensive about drinking wine and going to the store to get it..... It all comes back to that wine, IMO she knows she should NOT have been drinking, even omitted the trip to the police as it would likely cast doubt on an abduction and likely lead police down the path of a mistake..... A mistake made in "good faith" would be my child falling down the stairs when I am sober. A mistake in "bad faith" my child falling down the stairs when I am drinking. A mistake with no time behind bars can quickly turn into serious time behind bars when you add in the "bad faith" issue.....

Actually it's about 4 standard glasses per 1 bottle of 750mls.

The problem is we don't know if she is telling the truth or what size glass she was drinking from, if she had eaten or not and over what time frame was she drinking - all things which affect intoxication.

If she was intoxicated to the point of black out then it would be highly probable that LE would have been able to smell alcohol on her when they arrived. If they didn't then I do doubt whether she was that drunk or not.

Hmmmm - standing in her crib? Was this new? And how many of us mothers have had children that we find standing in their crib - only to try to lay them back down and they are like lil boomerangs? Right back up.

I don't know the statistics on this and I do know all about how children - especially young infants can bounce - BUT

Could DB have laid her back down - told her to go back to sleep and left. Then at 10:30 to check on her again - only to find her on the floor, with a broken neck? It is possible for Lisa to have fallen out of that crib and broke her neck? Yes, very possible and with DB drunk - probably not checking on her at all - Lisa could have been gone for at least an hour - if not more.

Out of all the interviews this morning - THAT line sticks out to me the most and it was only in the People mag article - never said anywhere else.

The hole in that theory is that Mom would know that she had a solid alibi at that point, and would have called 911. That would have been clearly an accident. And, even if mom was drunk, that's not a crime. She would have to be very low down the 'critical thinking ability' totem pole to decide to cover it up like a kidnapping, and there is nothing to suggest that she is.

I think that if my only phones were shut off for non payment I would be using the wine money to help get them back on again.

Especially with three young kids in the home.

In an earlier interview DB placed herself in the computer room that night, even placed herself at the point of entry, according to her, the open window. So, when was she on the computer that night? After the party?
That the boyfriend went straight to that room first told me he expected to find her there on the computer at 4AM...

...not that that is a bad thing...:floorlaugh:

I hope the LE has that computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members