Interviews Lisa's Parents Good Morning America, Fox, The Today Show 10/17/2011 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall an interview where DB said the baby was standing up when she went back to check on her. I can't find it either - could you possibly source? If true, that changes things - the baby would have been awake at 10:30 which is also the time DB said she went to sleep - this would mean the baby was awake when she went to sleep, or passed out or whatever.

vlpate, IIRC, this was quoted in the People mag article.

wm

Or, to play devil's advocate, the kidnapper knew about mom's drinking problem*, and was watching and/or waiting for a night where she would be drinking. If there was a kidnapper, this drinking problem could be one of the reasons Lisa was targeted.

* At this point, I'm considering this an alleged drinking problem, as we have no evidence that this has occurred more than once. This could just as easily be a poor interaction between medication and alcohol, and so I'm reserving judgment at this time.

Well she did talk about what happens when she has friends and family over to party and play pool. She claimed that she just leaves without saying anything and goes straight to bed. That would indicate that excessive drinking is not new to her.

Where is the pool table? Do they have a party area set up in the big building out back? Wonder how many people come over during these get togethers.

MOO

lol, first i'm out looking for alcohol content on my wine boxes, now i'm measuring what my glasses hold....

my glasses hold 12oz, and that leaves 1 1/2 inch unfilled at the top.

Is that a red wine goblet or a fluted glass for white wine. That sounds huge. lol

I would absolutely disagree with this. And that is because I have measured it. I am talking about a regular wine glass. You might squeeze 3 1/2 out of a bottle but not much more. ty:twocents:

You're right, in practice. A 75L bottle of wine, that you're sharing among girlfriends, gives you 3 1/2 glasses of wine in my experience. And I do have experience. ;D

I have VERY standard size wine glasses, and a "glass of wine" is much more than 5 ounces.

You can get 5 1/2 "5 ounce glasses" of wine out of 75L bottle, but almost no one calls 5 oz a glass of wine, except the calculators.

I find it fascinating how many people can watch the same interview and come out with such different impressions.

What you saw as a smirk and giggle, I saw as a defensive reaction. That is called denial, she does not want to admit that she has a drinking problem. It is not an admission of guilt or being smug about her missing child.

I think she looked embarrassed by the question. I do think she is a drinker. She said she drinks a couple times a week. Is that including weekends?

I agree and that is what I observed. It was more like 'are you kidding me'. Like she can't believe the questions she is being asked because they are so ridiculous. I also think a lot of her attitude and demeanor is her age. Don't know how old she was when her mother died, but lots of kids now days are not taught respect. jmo

I just see so much of my daughter in her. It appears to me just like an alcoholics reaction. I'd bet money she had a few drinks before the interviews.

MK, on Fox, just went into the back yard and looked in what looks like their recycle bin of garbage. Big, empty, folded up box of diapers. Guess what brand? Luvs.

Ok - I've read and watched all the interviews (except the FOX one - I can't get that one to open)

Anyway, ever hear that there's always "a little truth" in every lie?

This quote is from the People mag interview:

She put Lisa down in her room around 6:40 p.m., she says. Only once more soon afterward did she check on Lisa, finding her standing in her crib before tucking her back in.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20537543,00.html

Hmmmm - standing in her crib? Was this new? And how many of us mothers have had children that we find standing in their crib - only to try to lay them back down and they are like lil boomerangs? Right back up.

I don't know the statistics on this and I do know all about how children - especially young infants can bounce - BUT

Could DB have laid her back down - told her to go back to sleep and left. Then at 10:30 to check on her again - only to find her on the floor, with a broken neck? It is possible for Lisa to have fallen out of that crib and broke her neck? Yes, very possible and with DB drunk - probably not checking on her at all - Lisa could have been gone for at least an hour - if not more.

Out of all the interviews this morning - THAT line sticks out to me the most and it was only in the People mag article - never said anywhere else.

I think we're getting closer to the truth here - only hope we're getting closer to finding Baby Lisa.

Parents call 911 when that happens. MOO.

I think that a lot is explained by her statement to Peter Alexander that she shouldn't have to spend any energy or time on defending herself against the focus of the LE investigation. I have a feeling that her energy and time are considered very valuable to her, and for that reason, I think it could get very frustrating dealing with a sick baby, and two other kids, while trying to get drunk.

And I'm sorry, but if you've had between 5 and 10 glasses of wine over the evening, you're more than likely trying to get drunk. JMO.

Glad you posted this. You can buy all kinds of wines with different alcohol content. Being in a box or a bottle makes no difference. I think it really depends upon the size of the glass. If they were using regular wine glasses it could have been less than 3 or 4 ounces. If it was a big goblet that is another thing. jmo

It's very possible they were drinking out of disposable plastic cups -- those are often 18 - 20 oz. If they were drinking out of wine glasses, considering the state she admits she was in, the glasses would not have been washed when LE came, indicating clearly to the police that she was drinking alcohol that evening. If LE did not find a wine box at her home or in the trash, that may be what was burning in the dumpster.

Is that a red wine goblet or a fluted glass for white wine. That sounds huge. lol

The stemless ones hold 12 oz, that I have, but don't always use. The classic stems hold less.

lol, first i'm out looking for alcohol content on my wine boxes, now i'm measuring what my glasses hold....

Hm, now how do you get that wine back in that box .. :floorlaugh:

I would absolutely disagree with this. And that is because I have measured it. I am talking about a regular wine glass. You might squeeze 3 1/2 out of a bottle but not much more. ty:twocents:

A "restaurant pour" yields 5 glasses/bottle, 5 oz each. At home most people pour substantially more.

The rumor about burned clothes being found was originally together with a text at 2:38AM from one of their phones, so perhaps both are true after all.

Yes, I agree. And also the man who was seen carrying a baby in a diaper, maybe that too...MOO

LOL, and that's part of the issue here. Some glasses are small, some are fish bowls, lol.

And do we know for a fact that the box of wine is the only alcohol there was?

Respectfully, I don't see how I can conclude she is an alcoholic? She admits to being drunk the night Lisa disappeared and to drinking a couple to a few times a week but alcoholism is much different than being drunk or having drinks a few times a week.

So I'm not sure I can conclude that Jeremy is co-dependent.

Alcoholism and drinking are two very different things. I haven't seen anything yet that tells me she is an alcoholic. She may very well be, I don't know. But I have to wait and see if there are any other factors that point to that.

JMHO.

I agree but she may be on the way. I do believe the addicting behaviour can be genetic. But, I will say she does not appear to me to be an alcoholic or even a heavy drinker. She is a big girl, but she does not appear bloated or unkept. She actually looks quite healthy with a beautiful complexion. jmo

I don't recall an interview where DB said the baby was standing up when she went back to check on her. I can't find it either - could you possibly source? If true, that changes things - the baby would have been awake at 10:30 which is also the time DB said she went to sleep - this would mean the baby was awake when she went to sleep, or passed out or whatever.

It's the People article

With Irwin, an electrician, working late on the after-hours remodel of a Starbucks, Bradley settled down at home for dinner and drinking with a neighbor. She put Lisa down in her room around 6:40 p.m., she says. Only once more soon afterward did she check on Lisa, finding her standing in her crib before tucking her back in.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20537543,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member